The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:59 am

"I apologize on my companions behalf, I'll remind them we aren't here to cause trouble."

Once the others arrive at inn, Holger will stop playing and greet the others.

"I hear you are making new friends, what have you been up to?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:01 am

"Ok love, I understand completely."

Nem gives the woman an exaggerated wink and knowing nod and takes her leave, chuckling to herself once she's outside.

She heads off to find herself a "secluded" spot to watch the front door of the guardhouse (like a public bench or something) and sends Ily off around the building to scope it out (back doors, climbable walls/pipes, loose windows etc.). She'll check in with him telepathically every 10 seconds or so while he explores, and is not making any attempt to hide. The less competent the guards think she is, the better, probably.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:46 am

((You looking for a way into the guard house? Have Ily give me an Perception check and am Investigation check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:14 am

Yeah, as well as just scoping where the usual entrances are. But if these guys are hiding something, it's worth being nosy.

I used Ily's stats, but if Nem's work, it's +4 and +2 although I don't think it matters. I guess a shiny bit of sunshine might have caught Ily's attention.

Per: 1d20+3 = [10] = 13

Investigation: 1d20-4 = [2] = -2

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:21 am

There is a back door, but it looks heavily reinforced, any first floor windows are either small or have bars on them or both. The building is of stone block, but from Ily's perspective, it's not really easily determined how climbable it is. There aren't any buildings directly abutting it, so if one were to attempt to break in or scale the building, they'd be relatively in the open to do so.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:30 am

Randy just raises an eyebrow on the way to his room. "Shopping." He goes on up and changes, then comes back down and goes over to talk to the innkeeper. When he finds out that Tess charged her breakfast to him, he looks halfway between amused and irritated. "Usually if someone uses you as a sugar daddy, you're supposed to get something out of it." he grumbles. He shakes his head and pays up. He questions the innkeeper about where the murder scene was supposed to be, trying to get good directions to it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:11 am

"I... I would not presume to pry into your arrangements."

"I didn't go there myself," she says in a hushed tone, "but my understanding was that it was across the river, in the merchant district, near where Harbor Street meets Eastway. Have you gotten a lead?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am

Randy shakes his head. "Too early to tell. There seems to be some...official concern involved? I want to look at the scene before anyone get tempted try to clean it up. It's a long shot, but maybe we can find something that got overlooked earlier."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:51 am

"Clean it up? It happened a month or so ago... you guys must be good!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:22 pm

Dornikal takes a long, slow drink.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:23 pm

It's pretty impressive. Dwarves are best at holding their breath when it's in the interest of being able to drink deep.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:26 pm

Maji watches the people around him, sitting next to Dornikal.

(I am assuming Maji found nothing by the druid marking he left)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 pm

It seems undisturbed. If there is anyone that speaks druidic in town, and would know the symbols, they haven't been by the front of the Lame Goat today, or didn't notice it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Randy glances over at Dornikal. "Finish up. We've got a location to check out. I don't know that there'll be anything for us to find this long afterwards, but we might as well give it a look." He looks over at Holger. "I assume you're staying here to wait for Tess? Let her know that she owes me for breakfast. If she's got some good information to share, I'll call it even."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Dornikal raises a finger in the universal 'give me a second' gesture while he finishes emptying his mug. He smacks his lips and wipes his mouth with his sleeve.

"Ready."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:14 pm

((Anyone besides Randy and Dornikal going across the river to investigate the spot where Kreldoran's associate was found?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Nem sighs and sends Ily off to look for a sewer or something instead. Prisons need drains, surely... if he can smell it, it's with advantage, but here's two separate rolls for you:

Ily perception: 2d20 = [20, 2] = 20 + 3

While she waits for him to do his thing (30 mins or so if that won't make her late for getting back to the bakery by sunset), she watches the comings and goings around the guardhouse. If any guards come and go, she'll give them an exaggerated wink as well and a knowing nod. However, she's basically looking to remember the appearance of anyone who looks like they're leaving for the end of their shift.

Nem perception: 1d20+4 = [13] = 17

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Ily's nose directs him to a couple of street drains that smell like they head into some sort of drainage system. It seems reasonable that the prison's waste management needs would tie into the same.

The guards don't seem to even take much notice of her blatantly obvious winking, a few enter quickly with scowls, a few hurry out with scowls. Activity is much higher than when she was here the other night.

She catches the tail end of a muttered conversation.

"...merchan... s... urdered..."
"...bad bit o.... .... think we'll.... ....ft?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Coljin will go with Randy.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:54 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:11 am "I... I would not presume to pry into your arrangements."
Holger raises his brow questioning Randy's behaviour

"Please forgive his outburst he's usually not.. Actually he's always grumpy, but you're not at fault for that. What is making you so grumpy now? Finally have the comfort of civilization and don't have sand stuck everywhere!"
Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:48 pm "I assume you're staying here to wait for Tess? Let her know that she owes me for breakfast. If she's got some good information to share, I'll call it even."
"Tess is doing her thing, no way to tell when she's getting back. Besides you seem to need all the help you can get. I hope you didn't threathen the lovely girls here for the information about our missing girl. Have you found out about anything else?"

Holger will join the others to tge crime scene.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:51 am

Randy gives a grim smile. "Welcome then. Let's just say that most times I've been in the city, it usually involved a job that had the distinct possibility of me getting a knife in my back. I'm getting a similar feel here." He looks over at Maj. "Maj, are you coming? You're the best tracker."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:07 pm

((Nem is not going to be particularly impressed that Randy is so tight with his gold all of a sudden, but we'll deal with that when it comes to it))

Nem recalls Ily to a spot under a nearby bush (or somewhere similarly hidden) when she hears the strange conversation and sends him after the pair (were they arriving or leaving?) hoping to learn more, but she likely missed them...

Perception (Ily): 1d20+3 = [5] = 8

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 pm

(( It's not so much that it's he's tight with it. More that he wasn't even asked about it this time. Particularly in light of the reaming she gave him the night before. You know the old saying. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." :P ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:13 pm

((what reaming? I've apparently forgotten what's happening...))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:21 pm

((This bit.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler