The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Zephyr puts her hand on the Dorf's shoulder and says. "I'll admit that for many years I've thought less of your kind, but you have helped change my mind, that perhaps Dorfs aren't the worst kind of people, just a few bad apples exist." She'll happily pull back her hair and let Dornikal help her put on the necklace. ;) (woah, I think I just flirted :lol: )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:31 pm

((Flirted while using a racial slur and dubious rhetoric. Impressive.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Dornikal is unsure if he is being insulted or very clumsily flirted with but stammers a,

"Aye...aye guess so?"

He will help her put the necklace on before giving her an unsure smile and moving off to the graves a bit faster than described above, glancing over his shoulder once as he goes.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Randy spends some time practicing with his newly acquired shield and practicing some martial training forms that he learned as an newly apprenticed ranger. Having been through several fights now, he has a better appreciation of the purpose of the exercises. He'll do this while waiting for Coljin to try the Lesser restoration on Renny and also afterwards while he's watching Renny to see how he responds to the spell.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Dornikal would be more than happy to help Randy work on his shield techniques if he is interested,

"Ye new with a shield? Aye can give ye a few tips if yet interested?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:10 pm

"It's been a while since I used one. I'm used to using a pair of swords, but this last fight showed me that I might need a little more protection if I'm going to be useful. I appreciate the help."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:35 pm

"Meh pleasure. It really isn't much more than just remembering you have it there and building the muscle memory so that you use with without thinking. Aye'll be right back."

Dornikal will go and grab a couple pieces of wood from the scrap wood pile that will function as a clubs. Returning he will toss one to Randy and pull out his own shield.

"So aye'll take a swing at ye and ye'll block and take a swing back. We'll start out slow an' pick up the pace. Yer gonna probably be mostly dealing will taller opponents an' meh so ye'll start out blocking a bit low but once yer used to it it'll be easy to adjust to. Aye'm used to blocking up an' you'll have the advantage having trained blocking down."

He will proceed to take a slowish swing that Randy can block and wait for the counter. He will increase the speed until Randy isn't able to block the swings (or he isn't able) and hold it there until they need a break. He will chat a bit as they train,

"This is something they do (block) with most kids up at (swing) Greystone Keep. Hard place makes (block) hard people. Never (swing) too early to start."
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Ily will not stay on Randy's head while he's sparring.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:22 pm

(( :chuckle: Probably just as well. Sparing tends to be hot and sweaty work. Randy doesn't need a fur cap and Ily probably doesn't want to be a furry sweat band. ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:20 pm

:lol: I don't think he'd like that, no! What he can do though is use the Help action to grant advantage to someone in a fight by being distracting. So he'll probably do that, switching between helping Randy and Dornikal as the mood takes him, when he's not off hunting lizards or something.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Randy faces Dornikal, salutes him with his wooden club, then goes into a crouch behind his shield, club in the right hand angled forward and down (low line attack posture). "Now that we've warmed up with the basics, what say we move to advanced exercises?" He'll push in hard, using his speed, reach, and greater weight to his advantage. He's not pushing his height advantage (at least not yet). He'll try to avoid thumping Dornikal directly if he can, since the dwarf is without armor.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Maji is focusing on a yew twig when Dornikal finds him, staring deeply at it. (Doesn't really matter when, as Maji will be doing this for several hours) He doesn't seem to notice the dwarf at all.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:17 am

Dornikal stands and waits a few minutes for Maji to stop looking at his twig before shrugging and moving off to do the sparing with Randy. Going to have plenty of time to chat.
----
Dornikal will give a broad grin in response to Randy's question and return his salute. As Randy comes in he finds that the dwarf is surprisingly nimble as he continually attempts to close the distance to negate the reach advantage. As the sparring continues it becomes apparent that he is more than willing to take a blow to his unprotected flesh without even a wince, using his club arm to block almost as often as the shield.

"Good to stretch the muscles, eh? Where'd ye learn to fight?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:38 am

Randy gives a grin and nods in acknowledgement of the dwarf's skill. " In the human kingdoms, I used to do some scouting for the border barons. The master of arms of the keep nearest my village decided to train me with weapons. ' A scout is no good if he's dead!' he said. He then proceeded to pummel me nearly unconscious until I started to learn." Randy continues to spar during this talk.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:52 am

Maybe he should have taught you not to be pummeled to unconciousness? :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 am

((Old habits die hard.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 am

Also while sparring,

"Not exactly how aye was taught, but it seems to have worked for ye.

Western Kingdoms eh? Never been but aye was hoping to end up around Porthold to continue spreading the word of Dumathoin. How religious are ye in the west? Ye have any mining towns?"

He takes a swing at the back of one of Randy's knees.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:41 am

After he is done meditating, Maji gets up and stretches. As he wonders around the cave he sees Randy and the new dwarf foghting, and Ily playing around on the ground. Seeing Ily playing around, he grins and changes into a dark coloured weasel. He scampers over to her and gives her a friendly tap before he scampers away.

----
Sometime later Maji is avalible to talk to, if you want.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:55 am

Randy drops and blocks with the shield, returns the favor with the club.
"About what you would expect. A mix of everything with varying degrees of devotion. The poor are devote, but spend most of their time just trying to stay fed and sheltered, the merchants spend their time trying to make money, the aristocracy spends it's time with political intrigue. Truly, the most devoted are usually the professional soldiers. As I've heard it said, 'there are no atheists in the ranks'."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:17 am

((Ily is male :) ))

Ily is more than delighted to have some weaselly company in the mine and merrily romps around with Maji-the-ferret until his wildshape wears off.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:13 am

Dornikal turns his shoulder into the blow, the look of concern on his face more for Randy's words than impact.

"Much like the east then. Aye can't say aye've met an atheist, a good many monothiests in all the rainbow of beliefs though!"

He decides to mix the next strike up and as he swings high he steps in with his shield under Randy's guard to use is own shield to pull Randy's back in the hopes of creating an opening.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am

Randy instead pushes into Corps-a-corps, locking the shields together, then pushes down and forward. He then essentially flips/rolls over the top of Dornikal and lands behind him, spinning around spanking him across the rear with his club.

Acrobatics: 1d20+2 = [20] = 22

He disengages with a step back out of range, with a grin on his face. "Nice move with the shield by the way."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:34 am

Dornikal blinks at the empty air in front of him and turns slowly to face Randy, a laugh explodes out of him at the comment. He laughs until he is leaning on his club and tears run down his face.

"Oh Dumathoin, aye haven't laughed in a long, long while. Aye'll pay ye a gold to do that in a real fight!"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Randy starts laughing as well. "That went better than I thought it would. Captain Gwinolin of the Elvish militia showed me that and would have said it was 'passable'. Master Brennon would have had my ears and told me to 'quit dancin' around like damn elf!' "

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:44 pm

"Aye, ye'd be quite the dancer, maybe ye missed yer calling?"

"Well fought lad!"

Dornikal is ready to call it and goes to find Holger to clean him up rather than waste water.