The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 pm

NotStickFigures wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:50 pm Coljin smiles and probably looks a bit relieved when he hears and sees Randerwaith.
He heads straight over to him.
"I lost everyone but Holger in the crowd, so I thought it best just to head here. I'm glad you thought the same way. I guess the only question now, is how long it will take everyone else to make the same decision."
"I've rented rooms for all of us, so we've got someplace to stay. Might as well get comfortable and get something to eat while we wait. I suspect most of the others will be along shortly." He pauses to take a bite of sausage and a swig of ale. "Maj and Holger, now. If they don't show after a couple of hours, we may have to go spring them from the local jail. Which might go easier if it's a couple of priests asking for them back."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 am

Ulmwin, now satisified, tries to find his way to the Lame Goat- Keeping his disguise present, for now.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:50 am

Dornikal wanders on hoping to see a Lame Goat.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:12 am

((Ulmwin, give me an investigation of you're trying to find it on your own, if you're asking directions, we'll play that out.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:13 am

((He'll try to find it himself first, he's heard the directions earlier...))

1d20+2 = [16] = 18

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:18 am

Ulmwin makes his way towards the harbor, eventually finding the Lame Goat's sign.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:16 am

"Maji, relax and act like Ily would. It's better if you just look the part now."

"Bounty hunters cause more trouble than their worth. C'mon."

"Still not a bounty hunter, just offered my abilities in recompense for taking up the time of so many of you. What should I expect of the captain?"

Holger keeps walking stoically with the guards
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:18 am

Ulmwin strides in, with presumably plenty of time left on his spell keeping on the disguise for now. He looks to see if any of his companions are already there.

(I presume he'll spot Randy but won't assume too much :P)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 am

((It's getting a bit busy, and you're shorter than most patrons, give me a Perception check. Randy, you can give me one too, with advantage since you secured a booth with view of the entrance.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:24 am

((Let me know when Dornikal stumbles in.))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 am

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 am

Perception(1) : 1d20+3 = [11] = 14
Perception (2): 1d20+3 = [7] = 10

Randy is busy eating and talking to Coljin, so may not be paying the closest attention.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 am

((Dornikal is currently looking at the sunset and trying not to piss off dock workers just by being a dwarf.))

Ulmwin spots Randy and Coljin at a table across the way.

Randy, you notice as a child walks in and is shortly thereafter halted by a waitress carrying a tray of food to another table.

"Sorry dear, the Lame Goat isn't a place for children, are you lost? Where's your mum or da?"

The guard glances over at Holger, his eyes drifting to the yowling cat clawing at his neck.

"He won't have much patience with you putting on airs and looking to impress. Just be straightforward and concise... try not to ramble on as much."

"I'd also recommend not doing any of that magic spoon.", the other chimes in.

The guards continue leading Holger onward, arriving and a squat, square building as the squad leaders usher him inside. It's rather utilitarian, and they lead you past a central desk in the entrance, nodding to the guard seated behind it, and lead you down a hallway and into a room not unlike the room you were made to sit around in not that long ago at the Sanctum. This one has a single table with a pair of chairs.

"Wait here, I'll be right back."

One of the guards exits, closing the door behind him and leaving you with the other squad leader.

((You've picked up no magics in this building or on any of the guards you've thus seen.))

While contemplating dead bodies, Tess peers though Ily's eyes, and notes that the shadows are getting longer and darker, the sun must be on its way to setting, but no one else has come down the alley since you arrived.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:47 am

Maji's hisses are a bit quieter, but he still looks frightened. Holger can feel Maji's claws dig in, not wanting to let go.

Edit: He calms down a bit when the guards leave the room, loosening his grip slightly.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 am

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 am

"I've rented rooms for all of us, so we've got someplace to stay. Might as well get comfortable and get something to eat while we wait. I suspect most of the others will be along shortly." He pauses to take a bite of sausage and a swig of ale. "Maj and Holger, now. If they don't show after a couple of hours, we may have to go spring them from the local jail. Which might go easier if it's a couple of priests asking for them back."
[/quote]

"Yes, They most likely will be arrested if the past is any prediction of how those two will react."
He looks around the tavern, "You got rooms all set up already, that was quick, thanks." Once he notices the board with the menu, he will get the attention of a bar maid, or if none is going around, he will go to the bar counter and order. "I would like the eggs, turnip and bread please. And an ale."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 am

The waitress who in a few minutes will be confronting a small child at the door stops by the table that Coljin and Randy are seated at.

"Sure dear, you want the dark, the brown, or the bitter?"

His order taken, she returns a few minutes later with his drink and a platter of boiled turnips in a savory sauce, a pair of hard boiled eggs and a crust of toasted chewy bread soaking through with butter.

"That'll be eight copper dear."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:18 am

He will try the bitter ale, and will tip, giving 10 copper "That was quick, thank you."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:22 am

"Ma'am, could you tell me if there's a jeweler or some such who sells holy symbols nearby? I seem to have mislaid mine in a desert a while back..." He looks over at Coljin and shrugs. "If I have get into formal robes, I should have the symbol to go with it. "

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:55 am

Coljin nods, "I've not seen you ever wear them. I didn't know you had any with you."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:02 pm

The kid seems to get a funny look on his face for a moment, as if some devious little plan was being plot and he hadn't learned his lesson... Then it disappeared as he realized everyone in this city seems to have a stick up their ass, and he probably should not risk them thinking Randy abandoned his son or anything of the likes.

"Oh, no worries miss! Just got asked to bring a message to a guy wearing lots and lots of stabby things! I think that's him right there!" he says, before promptly ignoring the waitress as she rushes by, soon standing in front of his two friends, grin on his face... Speaking in what they should recognize to be his voice.

"Everyone in this city seems to have a stick up their ass, huh..?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:27 pm

NotStickFigures wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:55 am Coljin nods, "I've not seen you ever wear them. I didn't know you had any with you."
Randy shrugs. "I only wear them to formal occasions or where I'm supposed to be official." He grins. " Which I normally try to avoid those situations like the plague."
M0rtimer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:02 pm "Oh, no worries miss! Just got asked to bring a message to a guy wearing lots and lots of stabby things! I think that's him right there!" he says, before promptly ignoring the waitress as she rushes by, soon standing in front of his two friends, grin on his face... Speaking in what they should recognize to be his voice.

"Everyone in this city seems to have a stick up their ass, huh..?"
Randy goes poker faced. "Ulmwin?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 pm

"There's a jeweler to over on Oak, not sure if they have holy symbols though."

The woman gives a cry of surprise as Ulmwin darts over to the table where Randy and Coljin are finishing up their meals.

There's a bit of commotion following his sprint through the tavern as a short, wide bald man is approaching, his eyes locked on Ulmwin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Randy glances at the approaching bouncer. "Spork. Ulmwin, you need to get the fork out of here. Go someplace out of sight, change back, and come back in. You drop your illusion in here, they'll be calling the guard."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:19 pm

"C'mon kid, you can't be in here. Tell yer little friends that next one of you that tries sneaking in is gonna get put to work!"

The bald man tiredly points towards the door, angling wide body to block off scampers into other parts of the room.

"This ain't one of yers, is it?", he asks Randy.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler