The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:28 pm

By the time that Tess gets Ily into position, the pair have already entered the building. He gives you a look as if to ask if you want him to try to go inside.

Randy, Dornikal and Holger (and Coljin) head in the direction that the innkeeper directed them, foot traffic is low, with the rain continuing to fall. The three of you tromp across the bridge, bypass a trio of guards stationed at the end of an alley that grip their spears and give you a steady look as you walk by, and soon arrive at the intersection. The buildings on this side of the river are generally newer looking, and range from warehouses closer to the river and harbor, to more approachable buildings that likely make up the various guildhouses of this district.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 pm

((thanks, I had completely forgotten about all that! Ah well, a patronising Randy poking at sensitive subjects is going to get what he gets I guess))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:10 pm

(Coljin said he'd go along with Randy and crew, too)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 pm

((The four of you then. :D ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:44 am

Nem shakes her head at Ily and scritches his ears.

She thinks to him to head up onto the roofs and follow her back to the bakery where they can hopefully have a quick chat with those kids.

On arriving at the bakery she'll do a once-round the building and send Ily to a high vantage point to make sure she isn't about to get jumped by an entire gang.

Nem perception: 1d20+4 = [14] = 18
She's a tiny bit subtle about it (stealth): 1d20+4 = [7] = 11

Ily is apparently on this (perception): 1d20+3 = [20] = 23

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 am

(Maji is also following them)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:24 am

((Sure, Maji is also there. Ulmwin too?))

Tess, you head to scout the area that you demanded a meeting at, but since you're at least 4-6 hours early, the only kids you see don't seem to be waiting to meet with a scary voice in their heads. Ily does find a nice overhang on one of the roofs, and curls up snug and dry in there to lick himself until you force him back out into the rain.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:32 am

((Ulmwin has definitely not been silently trodding along because the entity that is supposed to control him has been swamped with work >_> Sure let's say he goes along.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 am

((No worries M0rt! I am just getting back to an even keel with end of semester stuff wrapping up.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 am

(( Ditto. 5 minute lunches where I'm trying frantically to do charts while wolfing down a sandwich. New scheduling grid is...less than optimal.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 am

((hang on, what time is it? She got up at like 3pm, no? Had lunch, wandered to the square for a while, went to the police station (half hour walk each way) for a look around (half hour?) and then back to find the bakery... When is sunset?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:33 pm

((Yeah, I might have lost track of a bit along the way too, you're actually ahead of the rest of the group then. Soo... probably close to 5 pm for you, sunset in ~3 hours, but starting to get dark now. It's been raining all day, so definite sunset might be a bit tough to gauge. Either way, no kiddies just yet, but you're welcome to stake the place out.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:39 pm

"So, aye got no idea where we're goin' Randy. Got lost here once already. Ye lookin' for something specific?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 pm

"We're going to check out the apprentice's murder scene. Look around for anything that might have gotten missed, see if we can find an eye or ear witness or two. Maj and I can look around the ground level area first and then maybe check the roofs. Maybe Ulmwin and Holger can look around for witnesses. Just remember, try not to use magic if you can avoid it. People seem a little spooked by it here. We don't want a repeat of yesterday." Randy gives the directions provided by the innkeeper to the others as well.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Dornikal mutters under his breath,

"Or be a dwarf."

More loudly,

"Aye."

Figuring that most people haven't spent the better part of a half a year in a rainless desert and don't understand how Dumathoin be blessed NICE the rain is Dornikal looks around to see if there would be any windows looking on to the place where the body was found.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:58 pm

((You only had an intersection from her description, but there are a couple of guild houses nearby that might have had you depending on where the body was actually found. Presumably it wasn't right in the middle of the intersection but somewhere in this local vicinity.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:02 pm

((thanks! For easiness I just have sunrise and sunset at 6am /6pm in my games and forget that other people don't do that too! But yes, she'll wander around a bit and see if she can find any shops of interest (that sell adventuring stuff or whatever, she has no money so isn't that invested), leaving Ily in place to hide and watch for the arrival of any kids))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:26 pm

((It's mid summer, so I've pushed sunset back. For TWA, we are pretty tropical, so equatorial day: night makes plenty of sense. There seem to be a handful of restaurants and taverns about, but the retail district is a bit more to the South.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:34 pm

Ok, well Nem will just scout around a little bit and pay attention to the guard presence a bit down here (if there is any) as well as whatever foods are popular in this part of the world. When it gets to about an hour to go, she'll check in with Ily and find somewhere relatively nearby where she can surreptitiously watch for the kids arriving.

((Passing the time to sunset))

Stealth: 1d20+4 = [14] = 18

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Randy carefully studies the intersection and surrounding buildings.
Perception:1d20+3 = [20] = 23

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:50 am

((Ok, Tess, since you're just whiling away the time until sunset, I'm gonna pause you a bit to catch the others up. There is a small cafe type shop adjacent to the bakery, a place you could sip tea, order a pastry or the like from next door, and bide your time.))

Randy has a thorough look around the intersection. He notices that the buildings all seem to be newer and in better shape than those across the river, with particularly in the harbor district, but even the ones in the square, retail, and temple districts seem to be more worn. The streets are well cobbled, and even slightly raised in the middle so the rain runs to the edges, before sluicing into grates placed periodically that funnel the stream of water out of sight into some sewer system below.

On one side of the intersection are two storehouses, while the buildings on the other side are guildhouses, the larger of the two stone buildings with a intricately carved scene above the door depicting stone being quarried, transported, shaped and being used to build what looks to be a castle.

The other guildhouse has a sign of sailcloth stretched between two horizontal beams, with an embroidered depiction of a ship braving a stormy sea.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 pm

((She has no money so shell opt to window shop instead of thieving pastries, but yes, that's totally fine :) ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:16 pm

((The thieves got everything you had? :lol: I just thought you were being cheap and sticking Randy with the bill... You could always stop in and have a chat with the proprietor, maybe she needs someone to go kill rats in her basement or something for a few copper. :D ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:27 pm

(( By the way, unless she told Randy about being pocketed, I don't think he'd have any way of knowing that. I don't believe she mentioned anything to anyone else.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:46 pm

Maji looks around a bit confused as to why Rabdy is searching this interestction,

Code: Select all

Looking for what?