The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:32 am

((for sure, I just wasn't sure if this was info you got from spider :) the Gulthias tree and the Tree blight come from different modules is all, and the GT seems to have different characteristics. However, this is just OOC curiosity; Nem will believe Randy))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:58 am

Coljin: No droplets appear on the dagger. As you help kill of the little blights, its perfectly serviceable as a dagger, but doesn't regain any droplets or anything.

Rudolph: You're pretty sure that the tiefling woman was trying to convey gratitude in her final moments.

Ulmwin: As you finish your casting, besides the known magic items the party has, you ping on the location of multiple magic auras within the room.

The scabbard that Zephyr found appears to be magical, with minor transmuation, though the chainmail is not.

Down Even More Stairs: MAP!

Directing the others to concentrate on the areas that you are picking up auras, the faintest of which seem to be the farthest buried, over time the party unearths a wealth of items. There are some assorted arms and armor that is non-magical, though any leather bits have been consumed already, so much of it is of little use without repair. Styles and insignia vary, on those that have it, but if these are the remains of caravans or traders coming from or
having done trade with the Eastern cities, an amalgamation of styles is to be expected.

In addition to the coins found previously, you find an additional 7099 copper, 13155 silver, 1568 gold, and roughly 580 gold worth of assorted gems.

You find three vials of liquid, two of which are similar in appearance the potions of healing you're more familiar with, though of a darker shade. The third contains a thick dark liquid (abjuration/conjuration?).

After hacking through the tree blight, Maji and Zephyr discover a bluish black cloak (transmutation), sopping with acidic liquid, in the 'stomach' cavity of the blight. It appears to be unharmed by the acid.

You find the following magical items:
  • a set of ring mail, made of flattened, octagonal rings (abjuration)
  • a breast plate with a single long star worked worked into the metal (divination)
  • an silver amulet with a number of stones missing from it. Remaining are three green stones and a blue stone (transmutation)
  • a slim rapier, the basket is of a leaf and vine design (enchantment)
  • a soft silk sash of purplish blue hue
  • a bronze mask with the mouth open in a shout or scream (transmutation)
  • a copper with red spiral etch into its soot blackened surface (evocation)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

"Would it be possible to find a place to rest before we head back to the temple? Perhaps we can discover the identity of some of these items as well." Zephyr points out both the scabbard and two items that she found earlier, a golden bracelet and a golden locket.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12119

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:22 pm

"I can tell you that scabbard you found has some minor transmutation on it, but the chainmail's just that: chainmail. Think the jewelry is quite ordinary, too." Ulmwin states, before having his eye fall on the rapier within the pile... And siding it up with his rather ordinary one, figures no one will mind if he claims that one for himself. He might not have gotten that much use out of it ever since he got to borrow Holger's crossbow, but still- Now they've definitely got the gold for it, he's definitely ought to buy himself one when they get back to town...

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:25 pm

((Yeah, don't think locket or bracelet were magical.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Nemeia looks with interest at the rapier, but is apparently too slow and Ulmwin claims it for himself.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:32 pm

"I'm sure we can come up with a reasonable way to sort out these objects once we know what they are so that they are used to the best of their abilities." She strokes the scabbard absentmindedly, "They want to be used to their best after all."

She steps over and picks up the ring mail and looks at it. "For instance, if you say this is magical, then maybe it can make me even stronger." She places it down and picks up the plate mail "Or perhaps this would be a better option."
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Zephyr stands off to the side, fondling the air as she imagines a set of plate mail that doesn't exist.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:45 pm

"Oh...and I have this wooden mask here too, any chance it emanates magic?" She pull the ugly dog shaped wooden mask from her bag.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

((By this point Detect Magic has faded.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Arcana check: Arcana: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Zephyr has no clue about anything.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Nemeia nods in agreement with Zephyr (for possibly the first time ever):

"If we are finished here, perhaps we should return to our safe room for the night? We can rest there and identify these items. The young blights did not die when we killed the tree, so it would be worth treading carefully in case we meet any more of these cursed creatures. But I think our task is almost done..."

She finishes talking and turns to look at the dead tree blight. To Coljin, she says:

"May I borrow your torch?"

((If we're done, Nem intends to burn the remains of the tree blight and any younglings left in the room.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:59 pm

((I think Rudy has put all the babies to the torch.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12119

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:00 pm

"Ah, sorry Zeph- We spent a whole hour just trudging through this stuff... Next time."

"Forgot to mention though- Thanks for the couple saves back there. You saved me quite a couple nasty bumps on the head."

"Anyways, yeah, we should head back and spend the night- Dwarf must be worried sick about us by now..."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15586
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:02 pm

Maji gathers the dead blights and puts them near the dead tree now they are done searching. He looks at the mangled remains in disgust. These things even twisted the concept of feeding, which he did not know was possible. He burns the openings where they feed on the bodies, burning any remaining roots in them to prevent them from regrowing, looking disgusted. After everybody is ready he lights the brush pile on fire.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:03 pm

((Detect Magic only has a 10 minute duration, I was being pretty loose with timing to give you what you got! ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12119

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

((Oops, had spent too long thinking it was a hour along with comprehend languages... :roll:))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:12 pm

((I was thinking it was an hour too, it was when I was looking up the wording to double check on the school stuff that I noticed it was only 10. Makes sense though, it would be somewhat abusable if you were able just roll around with magic sensing eyes for an hour at a pop.))

((Any of these items of interest, you can take a closer look and I can describe them more fully, I wanted to get the basics up at first.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6912

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:15 pm

"Yeah, must admit you're pretty good with your shield and surprisingly attentive.

Tess no need to worry about using a torch for it, I'll make sure it all catch fire. Got everything we need from here?"


Holger will take as much stuff he can carry and make sure the rest have done the same. He'll give his torch to the mage hand, cast a couple of prestidigation to clean himself and the party a couple of times, before focusing on setting everything left in the room on fire before hurrying up to the others. He'll direct the mage hand and renew it during their trip back to the save house.

Well once I get to level 2 of warlock I'm going to be the abusive guy with constant magic vision :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:18 pm

((Holger's taking warlock levels!? This can only go well :lol:))

PS Nem is ready to leave and will stealth ahead to scout out the path home.

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Zephyr looks at Maji for a moment before shaking the cloak off in an attempt to get the acid off of it before folding it up into a ball to take to the room that they'll be resting in. "I hope you don't mind." she says.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Zephyr takes 2 acid damage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Patdragon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:23 pm

"Just because we've dispatched this... large blight doesn't mean this little adventure is over.... There may still be something down here and that hole we skipped from the outside. Somehow these critters got out into the world and that tree thing must have been here for quite a while; being the size it is it didn't just walk in here. We best make sure we covered all the routes in an out of here. Plus seeing if anything else is in that vault might be a start as well."

"For now though lets shift this stuff back up to the safe room and see how our tag along is doing"

Though his speech in his head sounds good. Rudolph was slurring a little of it and the volume fluctuated.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15586
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Maji scowls in protest, the only permentant magic item he got his claws on being wisked away from him. He lets go on if
, watching Zephyr. Her snickers slightly when she gets her comeuppence.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Zephyr holds the cloak by a safe corner whilst carrying it to the resting room.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

Post Reply