The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15586
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:54 am

Maji nods and on his turn cuts the leader's hood and makes a gag, putting it in the leader's mouth and ties it behind his head. He then grabs a rope and ties one of the living wounded cultists and ties thier arm and legs behind their back, tying the hands and feet together.

He then tries to remember if the mouther is editable. nature: 1D20-1 = [4]-1 = 3
Probably not.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:56 am

Maji: You can't remember if mouthers can be edited. Might be a job for an editor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:44 am

How deep is the pit? And are the walls climbable?

(actually, I guess it must be fairly shallow for maji to have pulled the thing out with the vine grab... If that's the case, Nemeia will gracefully lower herself into the pit using all her dexterity and none of her non-existent strength).

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:24 pm

In the interest of her possibly doing this really badass, give me a Parkour roll (Dexterity, Acrobatics).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:31 pm

At least she didn't land on her face...

Parkour FTW!: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Nemeia: You land a bit awkwardly in the pit, the soft ground giving under your feet. You see the bodies of the mouther and two cultists, but no other remains.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:52 pm

All righty, let's search the first cultist!

(investigation check, right?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Yup.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Cool. They always work out so well.

Investigation: 1D20 + 2 = [2]+2 = 4

We have time here right? Can I take a 20?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Nemeia: You ponder how to remove the scimitar so you can check the body.

((Take 20 isn't something 5e has built in... in situations like this, post battle, I think I'd rather just ask for Investigation checks from everyone who checking things, and what they are checking, and use a group check sort of approach to tell you what you find totaled up. Then I'm able to approach things as "hoard loot" rather than parsing out what each individual baddie had on them.))

So... if anyone else is looting, where are you looting, and give me an Investigation roll.

((Maji, you've already looted "Fresh testicles, human". :ktongue: ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Damn, I guess that was 4e. OK, with a roll of 4,shall I assume I need to love into the next cultist, or can I address the scimitar (strength check?) and investigate again?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Sure, pop it on out and look again. Or try at least. Now that you're not trying to sway someone with your wiles, it's time for a bunch of sub 7 rolls, right?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:18 pm

Actually, I don't think it's even restricted to flirting - I seem to be wildly successful at doing literally ANY activity that is of no consequence to the plot / game. Jumping off a roof for no reason? Sure! Flirt with a PC? Definitely! Trying to find ANYTHING remotely cult-related? yeah... not going to happen.

Anyway.

Nemeia utterly fails to remove the scimitar: Strength check: 1D20-1 = [5]-1 = 4

Cutting her losses, she checks the other cultist's body: Investigation: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15586
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Maji is also looting a whole cultist corpse. Can't let it go to waste.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1483
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:12 pm

Coljin goes to help Randy with the injured cult leader, but is very distracted and appalled by the wound and causes more pain then help.

medicine: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

He will however also search the man when he is done 'healing' him to see what he might have hidden on his person or in his robes. Or a different dead cultist if he is already checked out.

Search: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24

Am I supposed to add 2 to this roll for proficiency? I did not if i'm supposed to.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:29 pm

(Coljin gets +6 to Medicine checks, +0 to investigation, at least according to Badge's character sheets).

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:37 pm

*Cave group* You manage not to kill the prisoners, and spend the next few minutes searching the cultist's bodies. In terms of valuables, you find coins totaling 28 gold, a small copper chalice with silver inlay, two potions of healing and a spell scroll of mage armor. On the leader, Coljin, you find a smooth grey stone pendant on a leather cord.

Zephyr: You arrive in the cellar, and can hear voices coming from the common room above.

Rudolph: You have a pleasant day drunk nap, your head swirling as you dream of sheep prancing among the clouds.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14806
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:04 pm

Nemeia takes the robes off the cultist who didn't impale himself, figuring she could probably put it to use as a costume if nothing else. Extricating herself from the pit, she wanders back over to the others.

"Well, I am ready for a hot bath. Let's get out of here shall we?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1483
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 pm

He looks over the pendant and the stone, looking for any inscriptions or any markings. "Probably not anything to do with the cult itself, but we can surely look into it further. Not the prettiest jewelry to look at."
Shrugging he decides he will check it for magic at a time when he has it available.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Coljin: The stone seems unusually cold to the touch, though no markings are apparent.

Nemeia: You toss the gold and robes up from the pit and prepare to climb up.

Chance to possibly redeem yourself, or cement your position as situational low-roller... Athletics check with disadvantage?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5407
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Randerwaith looks over the situation. He gestures to Holgar and Yoseph. "Can you two carry this one?" gesturing to the unconscious minion that Wilim knocked out. "Brother Wilim, if you can take the head on our patient here, I'll take his feet. I want to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't start bleeding again. If we take the right hand tunnel going north, that will take us out to the Tavern without a lot of climbing. What is the south passage like?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12119

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Ulmwin will go ahead and search around for anything the cultists or any poor victims might have dropped, and been missed by the others in the darkness of the cave... Say, where did the light they had seen even come from..?

Ulmwin investigation: [1d20] = 20

woop woop!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15202

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:34 pm

Oh, right! The candles lining the edges of the cave.... the prisoners don't have anything on them, as if the cultists had frisked them of belongings before bringing them down.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6912

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:57 am

"Sure, I can carry him and let's not speak of the other tunnel, it wasn't a pleasant experience."

As he is reminded of the tunnel he cast prestidigation once more in order to clean his clothes just once more. He then takes a look down the pit to see how Tess is doing.

"Need help down there?"

Regardless of her answer, Holger will extend an arm to help her up.

Before grabbing the body and moving out, he'll go over to the prisoners and try to comfort them and reassure that everything will be alright now. In the end, his words likely have little influence and he grabs the unconcious man and will carry him outside. If the man weighs too much, he'll ask Yoseph to carry his bag as it might be easier than carrying a guy between them.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15586
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:53 am

Maji shakes his head and points at the dead mouther and makes a flame with druidcraft.. He puts makes horns with his fingers and puts them on his head. He mimes out walking and points at the mouther again.

Post Reply