The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:58 am

OOC:Probably a good thing Zephyr hadn't made it back yet. She'd probably be looking to shuck her own set of peas.

Randerwaith exchanges a glance with Wilim, shakes his head a little and shrugs. When Wilim is ready, he lifts Dark Robe's feet while Wilim gets his head and they prepare to follow the others out.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:47 am

Down in the cave...

Maji: Everyone is getting ready to go, most of them didn't seem to understand your hand gestures, and no one has collected a sample of the mouther for you to edit.

You hopping into the pit, to get mouther bits, or you following the group as they leave? Also, does this " making sure the human peas are tied up in cloth to make sure it dont leave a mess." refer to the testicles you severed? I have trouble distinguishing between your code words and typos... :P

Zephyr: You walk as quickly as you can, carrying a case of borrowed booze, stopping occasionally to rest.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:47 am

(I'm going to assume from the roll that Nemeia can hear was Holger is saying, but hasn't realized he's talking about tieflings since she wouldn't have heard wilim explicitly mention them. If he keeps talking about it she might pay more attention but she's apparently focusing on the sobbing hostage for now).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:40 am

Maji is not jumping into the pit, not at this time. No, instead he will reel in the mass that is the dead mouther by using thorn whip. If that fails, then just follow the group.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:27 am

*In the caves*

Maji: You thorn whip the mouther's corpse, but since it has slumped in death, you're unable to get all the way around it to pull the body. You do manage to lash onto a tentacle, and already being in rough shape, it pops free and your vine retracts, bring it flopping to the floor at your feet. Inspecting it, you see two seams in the flesh, that when thumbed back, reveal and eye and mouth.

You pocket your grisly prizes, and hurry after the others as best you can with a body over your shoulder.

Holger: Brother Wilim nods, "Not saying she isn't an odd one, just that your phrasing may cause others to assume you're more intolerant than I think you are. Consider it a friendly heads up from someone who knows the local mindset."

He also glances at the dragonborn grasping a limp tentacle in his clawed fist and frowns before joining Randerwaith in lifting the unconscious cult leader.

Everyone: Those of you that came in the south tunnel are experiencing this for the first time, but things seem to be climbing upward, and this tunnel is certainly a lot drier and better smelling than the one you came down through. For those of you that came down this way, things look fairly familiar, and you make good progress, interrupted by occasional stops as the freed prisoners are overcome with fear and exhaustion, or those of you carrying prisoners or corpses need a bit of a rest.

As you near the place where Coljin had previously explored a side passage, you hear heavy breathing and quick footsteps up ahead... and see Zephyr round the bend, carrying a heavy wooden crate.

Zephyr: As you hurry back down, you see glowing ahead flickering light, which resolves into the members of the combined party, apparently victorious, as they have a few subdued cultists and two rescued prisoners... though the elf seems to be missing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:31 am

"Ah! The brave warrior finally returns." (sarcasm)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:34 am

"Look, she brought the booze to celebrate victory!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:19 am

Someone or a couple someones give me a Medicine check on Dark Robes to see how he's doing after being carried out.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:25 am

Maji checks on the hostage. that is if anybody lets him.med: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:59 am

First Aid/Medicine: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Randerwaith is too busy with trying not to trip over the floor while carrying Dark Robe's feet to be paying much attention at the moment.

OOC: Dice roller don't like me today. :/ . Poor Zephyr. She's going to have to eat crow for a bit.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Mildly awoken from his dream where a big white bearded man dressed in wine red clothing came to visit him and give him gifts; Rudolph sits up and hears some people taking about a tiefling coming out of a cellar and others saying they needed a healer quickly. Feeling a little better from his nap and his dark mood for the moment waylaid with drink he thinks this might be a small chance to redeem himself from earlier.

"I can help heal a small bit if it's nothing serious"
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:10 am

As Zephyr runs into the others in the group, she instantly assumes they are fleeing from the battle. "Victory? You mean to tell me that you've won the battle already. But, where is the elf that was with you earlier, and the prisoners? Others are on their way down here or at the very least to the tavern to provide aid, I was expecting to return to find all of you dead." She settles her eyes on the young human girl that had bumped into her several times today. "You can put a sock in it you impudent little shit."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:12 am

Maji slides his finger across his throat and pretends to be dead. Maji points at the leader, mimes talking with his hands, points to minion cultist, mimes pushing, points to the ex hostage (female), points at mouther tentacle. He puts his fingers to his ears (earholes?) to make points like an elf, motions running with his fingers and points to mouther tentacle.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:05 am

Nem bursts out laughing.
"Dead?! Because YOU weren't here to save us? I don't think you're that good sweetheart. If only you'd stayed to help, you might have proved me wrong, but I suppose we'll never know.

Anyway, as much as I'd love to stay and chat about everything else you didn't do today, I'd far rather get out of here. Come on lovely, you're nearly home. "

Nemeia turns her attention back to the crying woman and continues out to the town.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:38 am

Okay I put a translation of sorts in a spoiler. Is that better or does it give too much away?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:43 am

I think knowing what you're getting to say ooc gives us better rping options personally :) it's easier to play stupid!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:09 am

"Well, we did what we could..." Ulmin says, cheerful spirit a bit dampened as he does seem somewhat bothered with how things went. He did not expect to be blamed for the elf's death, nor did he consider himself responsible... But up to a certain extent, maybe it was his fault..? Maybe he should not have brought him along? Maybe he could have noticed what was going on and somehow prevented it..?

"But in the end... We only managed to save two of the hostages. Saw the bastards take out a third one in front of our eyes, probably took down a lot of others before we even got a chance to arrive. And then there's the elf..."

"I... I'm sorry, but I'm not all too familiar with the city. And I never caught his name-"
Ulmwin says, looking about as if someone could chime it in- But none the less continues.

"None the less, while he is no longer with us, he was a hero. He didn't hesitate to join us knowing the potential danger, and rushed forward to take out the cultists that threatened the safety of the hostages most. Sadly, that also put him too close to that aberration, and he succumbed to it."

"Sporking thing didn't even leave a body."
he says, muttering, before speaking louder again.

"I'm sure the church will be willing to say something worthy in his honor..." Ulmwin says, taking a look back at the brother for confirmation. "Personally, I think we should at least have a toast in his honor."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:21 am

"not here though. Come on, we can talk in the sunlight and there's a whole bar for drinking in. These folk need to get home and out of this disgusting place"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:30 am

"Of course- No question about that. Honor the dead, but care for the living first."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:42 am

Nemeia nods and encourages the group to keep going back to the surface. She ignores whatever zephyr brought down from the pub.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:43 am

"That monster thing...is dead for sure though, shall we at least burn it's body?" She says as she shakes the case of alcohol slightly. "Can any of your conjure up a flame?"

To nemia "I'm sorry that I wasn't there to lead you to victory, but it looks like you did a decent job on your own....you know, other than losing some friends and a hostage." Zephyr shakes her head.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:52 am

"... And how do you know we didn't? Where exactly DID you go all this time?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:31 am

"All this time? I've only been gone for a few minutes. Did....Did you get hit in the head?" Zephyr acts with mocking concern. "There are clerics on the way, they can check you out."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:49 am

OOC: Badge, we've met Zephyr in the tunnels on the way back to the town, not in the battle-room. Zephyr can't know what we did or didn't do with the monster's body unless she was somehow there IC. THAT's what Nemeia is suspicious of, because Zephyr appears to have IC knowledge that she shouldn't...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:52 am

Or she's making assumptions based on an intellect.