Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:55 am

Yoseph vomits, and the dwarf looks queasy.

There are a pair of crude drums, and each cultists was carrying a battered scimitar.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:38 am

Knowing all to well how long she's been gone from the battle, she begins to think of the worst possible things that could have happened down in the hole. She climbs up into the tavern and begins actively seeking anyone able to go down to help those who are still in the pit, specifically any healers. "Does anyone know where a healer is, there are people who may be in need, perhaps dead" If no one answers her cry, she'll find the waitress that they had helped earlier and asks her to find the old dragonborn and inform him to send aid. Zephyr than grabs as many bottles of flammable liquid (or strong brew) as she can find before turning and running back to the others, now that she knows aid will be coming.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:01 am

OOC: Proposed order of movement: Dwarf, the two gnomes, the hostages, Nemiea, Yoseph, Holger (with prisoner), BB (with his "loot"), Wilim & Randy carrying Dark Robes. Anybody got a strong feeling about the order and want to do something different?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:03 am

Zephyr: As you dash through the cellar and into the storeroom, a serving girl shrieks, drops a bottle that shatters to the floor, and flees into the main room. By the time you round the corner, the whole room is looking in your direction. They relax a bit as you ask for healers, and move into action. A few hurry out to find some members of the Abbey. Without waiting to give them more instruction than that, you grab a case of spirits from the store room and head back down.

Rudolph: You're nudged from your sleepy midafternoon nap by a small group of tavern patrons rushing past, muttering something about tieflings popping out of cellars.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:06 am

Spider, feel free to roll for me, I'm an hour away from a computer.

If Nemeia rolls well, she'll land elegantly beside Holger and shake his hand with a laugh as a thank you for offering. She doesn't want him to think she's incompetent.

If it goes badly, she'll hopefully catch his hand before falling backwards and getting impaled /set on fire by BB.

As for the order, Nemeia will help the hostages back, probably guiding the catatonic woman and being generally kind to her.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:11 am

I'll try to pop in between patients, but it may be noon before I get in any major posting. It IS a Friday before a holiday weekend. Going to be either really busy or I'll have a bunch of no-shows.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:13 am

Nemeia: You manage to kick your toes into the soft earth around the pit and lever yourself up to where you can grasp Holger's offered hand, easily climbing out of the pit with his help.

((His assistance offset the disadvantage, so it was a straight roll = 16))

Do you all head out from the cavern then?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:33 am

Maji stomps his foot and points to the dead mouther and makes horns with his hands on his head he motions walking and points to the ground. He then points at the mouther again and makes a tiny fire on it before it quickly snuff out due to lack of fuel.

(Dont worry magi wont cast offensive magic on allies)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:38 am

"What the fork is he trying to say?!", the dwarf mutters in a surly tone.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:50 am

"Well, if you give me ten minutes, I could cast comprehend languages and find out... Does he not speak common?"

"Anyways... Horns? Demon?"

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:10 am

"He wants to burn it because he thinks it's a demon? Oh wait, that weird devil girl ran away from the battle to get something right? Don't worry about it, it's dead and we'll figure out what to do once we've gotten people out of here first and I'll bet we'll meet her on the way back since I doubt she ran down our tunnel."

Holger will hand his torch over to Nemeia

"Could you hold this Tess?"

If she accepts, he'll grab the unconcious man and start to carry him towards the tavern.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:12 am

"...You know, I mostly agree the thing should burn, but we should probably... Take part of it with us..?" he says, sounding rather disgusted himself with the prospect- "You know- As proof as to what happened here."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:18 am

"I think 10 witnesses will serve well enough as proof, but we should get back to town." Nemeia /Tess says, with a pointed look towards the terrified hostages. "whatever needs done here can be done later".

She takes the torch from Holger and goes to help the female hostage.

"come on love, you're safe now. Let's get out of this place and back up to sunlight and some clean clothes hmm? What do you say? "

Nemeia gently but firmly leads the woman back into the group as they head back.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:24 am

Ulmwin nods, seemingly mostly agreeing... Or at the important parts, at least- Such as that they should get the poor girl and guy back to the surface.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 am

He frowns a bit once he notices that the found necklace is a bit cold to the touch.
There is NO way he let anyone wear it without checking to make sure it is not some evil culty item.
He will work on figuring that out after he gets to get some different spells prepared.

For now he shoves it deep into a pocket and heads back up to the surface with the others.
He is fine with the marching order and being near the front with the rock gnome.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:46 am

Holger: As you prepare to depart from the cavern, you find Brother Wilim at your side.

"Pardon, Holger, was it? I know not all parts of the world have the same outlook as we do here in Circle Vale, but tieflings are accepted here, and calling her "weird devil girl" might get you some hard looks. I don't think you meant anything by it, but wanted to let you know, as a more recent arrival to our town."

Nemeia: The female hostage doesn't respond to your words, she just continues sobbing, but as you gently guide her towards the exit, she does put one foot in front of the other, and seems capable of a slow walk. Which is good, carrying two captured cultists is bad enough, carrying two damaged prisoners would further slow the party.

As you head out, the dwarf and Yoseph help out with the recovered prisoners, staying as far from the dragonborn as possible.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:58 am

Randerwaith: "Be careful on the way out. Just because nothing jumped us coming in doesn't mean that there couldn't be something. We've made a lot of racket since then. There's no telling just what devilment these fellows were up to."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:14 am

He nods that the thing needs to burn and the tiefling did wen to go for fuel. He sighs and picks up the dead cultist and takes some of the mouther with him as he follows the group, wiping his claws on the robes of his loot/cultist, making sure the human peas are tied up in cloth to make sure it dont leave a mess.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:35 am

Are you climbing down into the pit then? Athletics or acrobatics check?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:01 am

"Aren't they humans infused with a bit of devil or demon though? The correct term for them isn't much better though, make them sounds like a race of thieves. But I see where you want to go with it and I did indeed not mean harm by it, although she's only acted weird and suspicious while she was still here. But I guess she's not the worst."

Holger cautiously looks at the dragonborn, not really wanting to be too close to him.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:17 am

Can Nemeia hear the conversation Holger is having?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 am

Let me know how close she'd be and give me a Perception roll.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:49 am

Well, she was standing next to him when he started talking about devil people, and is in front of him in the marching order, so I guess fairly close.

Perception: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7

Yup. I guess that's one grudge I don't have to cling onto quite yet :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:37 am

Wouldn't have heard the exchange between them then, though would have heard what Holger said out loud initially.

Edit: Or at least not Wilim's half, Holger meat be speaking louder.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler