The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Patdragon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:38 pm

I'll make this quick as i'm off out

1.Rudolph will try the other barrel.
2. Rudolph will assist getting the main barrel to the safe room if possible. If not he'll drink a fair bit whilst there.
3. Rudolph will eat and drink in the safe room.
4. Rudolph muses about stuff with the others like the hole, how these thing got here and if the "silence" they were sent to solve was indeed this.
5. Rudolph will most likely fall asleep from drinking
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:33 am

Sure... with Zephyr and Rudy both on it, the party rolls the barrel through the hallway (Rudy having taken a nip from the other barrel as well, and now feels all numb and tingly... his slurring likely worse). It takes about an hour and a half, and everyone's efforts with a few near disasters to get the barrel rolled up the stairs to the upper level. It seems likely that the original inhabitants had a means of more quickly or easily transporting these barrels. You'd notice that there are a few branded runes and inscriptions, that may play a role in preserving the barrel and its contents. You eventually make it to the office with the hidden workshop beyond...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:38 am

Yeah I assumed we would bring it with us to the safe room so everyone except Holger can get drunk.
Spider you :ninja:!

Holger will approach the door (activating the rune if necessary) and do the secret knock.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:44 am

Ulmwin's plan is very eloquent and thorough:

Get drunk, then fall asleep wasted.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:55 am

As Holger gives the secret knock, a few moments pass before a very relieved Krodop opens the door.

"Forking forks! You were gone so long, I thought you'd gone and got yourselves forking killed! Everyone ok? How'd it go? Come in, come in... what's in the barrel?"

As he ushers you all in side, you can see that he's busied himself further sorting through the stuff that the dead fellow had collected from the complex, with small piles laid out along the work bench.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:10 am

"Good to see you too! We got a tree burning in basement and presumably only confused blights left on the outside without a goal in life anymore. In the barrel is a dwarfs best friend, booze! We took it to celebrate that this is almost over!"

Holger will pat the dwarf on his shoulder as he enters the safe room.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 am

"Yeah, it should be over now... I think we can all use a drink."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:20 am

Theis2 wrote:"In the barrel is a dwarfs best friend, booze! We took it to celebrate that this is almost over!"
His expression darkens, "Hey now friend, that's forkin' racist."

Then splits into a welcome grin as he claps you on the back. "Nah, I'm just kiddin', let's crack this thing open! I found some gaming dice, but it got boring playing against myself. They're over there if anyone fancies some friendly wagers over drinks..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:22 am

Maji points at the cloak Zyphyr is holding, himself, and his eyes. If that doesn't get through he writes. Let me try to find out what it is.

After not finding out what it is, Maji joins in for a drink or a few.
Arcana: 1D20-1 = [9]-1 = 8

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:29 am

Zephyr doesn't drink, she has her reasons, but she prefers to remain clear-headed. While the group parties, she takes a closer look at some of the items they found, primarily the Scabbard, breastplate, RingMail, but also takes a closer look at the acid covered cloak, which she uses the things in the workshop to try to remove the rest of the acid from it.
Arcana Checks:
Arcana Checks 1. Scabbard, 2. RingMail, 3. Breastplate, 4. Cloak: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16, 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18, 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4, Arcana Checks 4. Cloak: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:54 am

It seems to be a cloak, the bluish black fabric is well made, and it has a bit of gold trim along the edge and some trailing bits. It does have a hood, but other than that, you're not able to tell what it is.

The cask is tapped, and suitable drinking vessels are scrounged up and quickly wiped relatively clean. Krodop takes point on pouring drinks for the returning heroes. "Everyone got one that wants one?" He raises a slightly cracked beaker, "To not ending up plant food!"

Zephyr forgoes the partying to spend the rest of her evening studying some of the gear they found.

The scabbard you notice seems to shift its pattern when viewed at the perimeter of your vision, but when you look at it, the intricate metalwork pattern of interlocking woven designs is always the same. You get a slight feel of unease... not quite fear, but an odd feeling none the less. It seems it would be able to fit your sword, should you wish to attune to it.

The ring mail, after you spend some more time studying it, is almost certainly dwarven work, the blockier octagonal rings seem to fit their 'aesthetic', as well as it being a bit shorter and wider than standard... though you'd heard that magic items, besides being protected from decay and degradation, typically are imbued with magic that allows them to size to fit their user. Your chain mail would typically be more protective than a mundane set of ring mail, but from what Ulmwin said, it may have some sort of additional protective magic that you could benefit from, should you wish to attune to it.

The breast plate is shiny, and while slightly less protective than your current chain mail, it's supposedly magic, and would let you move around easier, should you wish to attune to it.

The cloak is finely made, the bluish black hue of the material seeming to shift as you move it in the light. Every so often there is a brief flash of greenish blue, and a flow to the colors as you move it back and forth in your hands. For some reason it makes you think of water... you'd not real spent time at sea, but you had traveled with the goblin tribe south to a bluff that overlooked a vast expanse of water, more than you'd ever seen in your life. The tribe had spent a few days there, waiting to parlay with one of the chieftains of the southern tribes. Though the goblins are generally very insular and distrusting, some small amount of trade does transpire between tribes too distant to be direct rivals. Besides being on hand to elevate the status of your own tribe's leader, you did not have much role in the negotiations, and spent some of your days wandering the sandy beach. The water definitely wasn't good for drinking, and it was hard to fathom that much water even existing, much less water that wasn't good for anything. There did seem to be those creatures that could live in it though, you saw various fish, crabs, birds, and the like, and even managed to catch and cook a few. They tasted just fine, and you and the tribe ate well during your time there. Eventually talks wrapped up and your tribe headed north... this was probably six months before your life with them came to an end...

...you are jarred from your memories by cheering and clinking of glassware. You'd not thought of that time in a while, yet there is something about the cloak that reminds you of the ocean... the hood does have a some golden markings that might sort of look like eyes above the temples, if one were to raise the hood... ((Let's have a Nature check...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:03 am

Holger lifts an eyebrow in a sceptic look trying to figure out if he is serious.

"Hah! You almost had me there! Did you find a dice cup? We could play meyer then, that's always a good way to get drunk."

Holger will drop his things off while Krodop opens the cask, put on the hat and start the process of attuning to it while he enjoys the company around him and the rush of victory.

He joins the toast as well

"To not becoming mulch!"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:08 am

"Meyer? Not sure I know that one! Yeah, there's a dice cup, if you don't mind teaching us how to play."

Holger plunks the gaudy cap on his head, some bangles and feathers sticking to the side.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:09 am

Having been jarred from her revere, Zephyr puts the breastplate aside, back onto the pile of things where it had been taken, but keeps the ringmail, hoping to get it identified prior to attuning to it.

She also takes the time to study her Javelin some more.Arcana: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9 but has a moment of mental weakness brought on by what she'd discovered from the other items.

She takes a closer look at the scabbard and wonders if the act of drawing out the blade from within its embrace is what activates the magic, she slips her sword into it and then draws it back out and then tries to discern whether anything happens.

With all of her busy-work, she eyes continue to be drawn back to the cloak and the mysteries that it holds. Nature Check: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:18 am

"A toast to those we saved." Ulmwin states, a bit morose. It's true what he said though- Even if not counting those they had found down there, one could simply imagine how many others could have been claimed still without them. Just imagine- Right now those blights could have been working on another acquisition, only to suddenly recoil in horror as their master died...

Bah- Ought to wash those thoughts away, regardless...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:21 am

Earlier in the evening Zephyr tries sticking her sword in the scabbard, but it doesn't really fit all that well, and doesn't do much of anything. She'll probably have to attuned to it first...

She's has been sitting quietly in the corner studying magic items for hours when she pulls out to look at her javelin, but nods off part way through it...

...and returns to her beach time memories. One of the goblins had found a creature washed up on the beach, wide and flat, almost like it had wings. You remember wondering if it could fly underwater like birds soared in the air. The cloak bears some resemblance to the creature... with the dangling points at the lower edge, the hood with the golden 'eyes' and the wide flat ties.

((Spending that time studying things is going to take up Zephyr's evening. You can have attuned to up to 2 new items if you wish to have done so... 3 if you break attunement to the javelin.))

((Drinkers: Unless you're hitting it hard out of the gate, give me a CON save with advantage. If you're pounding shots, no advantage.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:23 am

Randy joins in the toast and adds one of his own. "To the victims. May they be the last such and may they journey on to a better life." He'll confine himself to one drink. He takes it over to the bench and start looking over the piles that Kodrop has made.

Constitution: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [16, 6]+2 = 18 (Randy is not going to readily get drunk it looks like).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:30 am

The piles are based on function and type... basically just whatever was in here before being tidily placed on the workbenches. You get the sense that it was busywork he made for himself to pass the time.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:32 am

Ulmwin will have a couple shots, but it's not like he's turning it into a race- And he takes the drink surprisingly well.

con save: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [17, 18]+2 = 20

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:33 am

Zephyr will have attuned to the cloak and scabbard by the end of the evening. As she is thinking about these things, she turns to the group and says aloud. "If blights can form up and create a new one of what we fought, then we should scour this place to make sure they are all dead and....have we actually found the origin of what caused the blight in the first place?"
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:35 am

Zephyr: Your AC is now 14 without your shield, 16 with your shield.

You cut a dashing figure in your new cloak.

You attune to the ring mail and cloak, which you leave lying in a pile on the floor.

Ulmwin and Randy: You are both pleasantly warmed by the drink.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 am

Maji looks at Zephyr, annoyed that she is taking many items for herself. Leave something for us to use.

I just want something I can use even when I turn to animals. I had interest in the cloak but you took it.

Con: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [20, 20]+2 = 22
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:38 am

((Maji has such strong constitution he isn't even noticing the drink :lol:))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 am

(I apologize, I didn't know the RingMail would drop me 2 ac points, I would rather be attuned to the scabbard, i'm sorry for my indecisiveness)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:41 am

Randy looks a little closer to see if there is anything interesting that the dwarf found.

investigation: 1D20 = [9] = 9

Too tired to care much, and in a bit of a down mood, Randy just gives the piles on the bench a cursory inspection. He'll go help himself to some food, make himself comfortable in one of the darker corners, listen to what the others say for a while. He'll answer any questions his way in fairly short answers, being polite but making it clear that he's not really in a mood to talk much. After a bit he'll go ahead and sleep.