The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:19 am

I actually ment to mention I wanted to use mage hand for just that reason but I guess I forgot :lol:
The search is also slowed down by every once in a while he'll cast prestidigation to clean himself. He'll continue to unearth the one ring grave to rule them all.

"I think there might be something further in here.. Ulmwin could you cast detect magic again?"

Holger investigation: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:24 am

Nem steps closer.

"Oh love... I'm so very sorry."

She cuts his throat with her sharpest dagger.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:25 am

Maji will help Zephyr to hack the tree. Because it needs to be destroyed.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:38 am

((Oh derp, so I rolled, but forgot to put it in the post. :roll:))

Here, found it back:

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=175621

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:44 am

Zephyr: You're strong, but there is no way you're tossing a tree around. Letting go and releasing it, you start slowly hacking away with your hand axe.

Maji: You go to join Zephyr, but quarterstaves aren't really built for hacking... (did you have something else in mind?)

Tess: Pulling out the Family dagger, you slit the guys throat, blood seeping to add to the pool of liquid in the planter. Three of the vine blights grasp at you, one of them managing to latch around your wrist. It's not strong enough to hurt you by squeezing, but it is definitely trying to pull you closer...
Holger: It's slow going, but by alternately using your cantrips, you're able to slowly remove some of the debris in that section, finding additional coins along the way, setting them off in a pile with your mage hand for future cleaning. (146 copper, 82 silver, 47 gold)

Ulmwin: You join Holger in his search, turning up 78 copper, 50 silver, and 45 gold.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:45 am

Zephyr pauses in her hacking, and asks holger if he could try to light it on fire.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:14 am

"I intend to burn it to ashes when we leave. It will likely smoke too much to burn it now if we don't intend to leave yet."

Holger continues his search for whatever deserved to get most of the food tossed on top of it.

Holger investigation: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:16 am

"I can certainly recast detect magic... Do we think it's safe to stay here for ten minutes while I perform the ritual?"

((Ulmwin will begin casting the ritual.))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:23 am

Zephyr nods, that did make a lot of sense to leave before burning it. She tries to root around in the hollow center of the tree to see if there is anything inside of it, hacking with axe as necessary.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:30 am

Nemeia stabs the baby blight in disgust.

Stab: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14

Stab damage: 1D4+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:32 am

Maji is going to use his scimitar.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:40 am

Holger: You get the sense that it is less that food was being tossed on it, and more that this is the refuse heap for all of the inedible parts of their food. It's a big mound, and while it seems to be the remains of animals of all sorts, it is a staggering amount of material.

((I'm going to put a hold on my rolling for coins... assuming you guys take the time to be thorough down here, I'll just give you a total.... ))

Ulmwin: You find a relatively less gross place to sit down and begin plucking at your instrument as you cast your ritual to allow you to see magic things.

Zephyr: As you reach your arm into the tree blight's mouth, your arm scrapes against a wooden tooth... as blood wells up, the eyes flicker open...

As you reach in, something drips onto your arm and you can feel the spot start to itch.

Maji: While Zephyr is shoulder deep in the tree, you begin hacking with your scimitar.

Tess: The dagger pops through the blight and it slumps down dead.

((If you guys could give me a course of action for the next 10 min or so, I'll speed things up as Ulmwin casts his ritual.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:44 am

Nemeia will check the remaining planters for living victims and kill them as swiftly as possible before setting for to any remaining baby blights.

After that, she'll help Holger search the refuse pile for items that might identify the victims. It only seems fair that someone should remember them...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:48 am

Zephyr withdraws her arms and uses a cloth to wipe off whatever dripped on her. She then starts hacking at the tree with her ax in an effort to crack it wide open.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:50 am

((Sure. I imagine you guys are sorting things into piles for later cleaning/sorting perhaps? ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:57 am

Yeah I imagine we clean one one end of the room first and then we could dump useless/disgusting stuff in that end as we dig through the pile of crap. Like clearing the bottom right corner of loot before using it as a dump site.

Holger will focus on clearing the pile so he can get into the center of it, believing something good or terrifying is in there.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 am

Sounds sensible.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:09 am

Randy shakes his head. Any victims that he finds beyond salvage he grants a coup de grace to, saluting them with his sword before granting them release. He watches quietly while the others start searching for items. He then quietly goes over to the main pile to give Holger a hand.

investigation: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:17 am

((Like scooping a litter box. :D ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:22 am

Chop chop chop! Away at it's heart!~

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:01 am

"Legend has it that the first tree blight came about from a druid casting an evil spell on a stake driven through a vampire's heart. I don't know how true it is, but we should burn all the wood from the tree before we leave. If any of it is planted again, it might take root and grow into another one of those things. I suspect it would grow very well in flesh for example." Randy doesn't look around at anyone. He just keeps helping with the digging.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:03 am

((I thought that was the Gulthias tree? :) Which is what I originally thought we might be facing here, but which seems to be different by RAW. Both are described in modules though, so not sure whether this is from somewhere else or a Homebrew monster.)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:10 am

"This will take a long time to search and clean out properkg, but we are in no rush." He will take out the healing dagger and look at it. Any drops on the handle tet? He will find young blights and kill a few with the dagger. Hoping to learn a bit more about the dagger. Any coins or loot he finds he puts in a pile in a clear area of the room.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:33 am

As Rudolph burns the blights and puts the tiefling out of whatever misery and pain she was in he feels a pang of guilt and remorse, which settles out the anger he had for the day of weed wacking.

His thoughts go else where for a moment trying to distract himself from thoughts of the dead, and of those still in pain. They'd still be more of those things outside, but hopefully they'd scatter rather than come back here in force. Either way one more night here resting up before traveling out would be a good idea.

Thinking of getting out he was surprised they hadn't found another way out yet, like the way to the big hole, he was sure there must have been another way the blights got in and out as they way they came was blocked by those weird gates they'd still have to get past.

insight =20 for whatever you needed it for on the other page.

Rudolph then heads over to the tree and starts to burn some of the bits the others have hacked off.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:47 am

thinkslogically wrote:((I thought that was the Gulthias tree? :) Which is what I originally thought we might be facing here, but which seems to be different by RAW. Both are described in modules though, so not sure whether this is from somewhere else or a Homebrew monster.)
((I'm pretty sure that the references I've seen apply to an official module, and therefore should be cannon. And I'm not entirely sure that the original tree blight wasn't the Gulthias Tree. ;) I'd just as soon not run into that one. Anyway, I've seen the "legend" applied both ways. And like all good folklore, it may have gotten scrambled a bit over the years. Whether the legend is correct as Randy heard it, that's completely up to Spider. It's his game. :D ))