The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:53 am

Correct. Daggers and shortwords are the finesse monk weapons.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:13 pm

I'm not sure how much Ulmwin would be approving of the idea of letting so many people know we got that item, when someone presumably got killed over it before... :roll:

Also I'd be rolling insight checks just in case

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:19 pm

No I know, and most everyone else wants to call it done and head back to Kreldoran. That's why she's doing this on her own at the moment, and deliberately dropping a proverbial cat amongst the pigeons. The artefact itself means much less to Nem than the idea that a woman was murdered for it, and whoever arranged the murder has so far got away with it. She also doesn't have much to go on past guesses, so maybe this'll stir something up a bit.

I also realize that she's at risk of turning into that rogue PC that everyone hates to play at the table with, so shout if it's a problem and I'll wind it back.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Nah, I don't mind OOC. IC, maybe, but then again Ulmwin doesn't know IC :P

OOC I mostly just wanted to recount the facts just to be certain there would be no mistakes stemming from this, so if we get messed up over this I can personally blame you :P

(OOC, I think it could be worth it to have the sphere investigated properly. But I would do that behind our dwarven friends back, and letting as little people as possible know.)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 am

Also i would briefly like to take this opportunity to point out that, with Ulmwin using a horn for the last day, yes, this has been him:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:57 am

Phew it's been a while! Life kinda happened and it has been daunting to return with something like 20 pages waiting, just in this game! :lol:

So this trip through the sewers and tunnels has basically been Holgers nightmare come real, loss of his attractiveness through the loss of his teeth and the responsibility of becoming a parent at the same time! :lol:

I've been skimming the thread, but I think I'll have to get a bit of help easing back in. I think I'm with Coljin at the infirmary now?

And do anyone have anything specific they want answered from Holger? :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am

Yes, do you know Holger is a grandpa now?

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am

Apparently Holger's been in a bit of a snit and is ignoring/not communicating with anyone, including Tess. Not entirely sure if he stopped trying to hide his gumminess.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:35 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am Apparently Holger's been in a bit of a snit and is ignoring/not communicating with anyone, including Tess. Not entirely sure if he stopped trying to hide his gumminess.
I feel like he's kinda excused on that front. Someone he knew just died and his teeth decided to abdicate his mouth of their own volition :P
Not going to say which one is bothering him the most though :roll:

So be prepared for Holger only talking through minor illusion for the next.. *looks at Spiders wild surge chart* 2d8 weeks!?! Who made that up?! :glare:
Arch Lich Burns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am Yes, do you know Holger is a grandpa now?
Noticed that and got confused and had to read a bit more closely to make sure I read that right :lol:

Don't think I saw anything relating to Holger that I'm opposed to but I should probably take a look through again to be certain what Holger has seen.

As for level up, Holger will probably take the rest of his levels in sorcerer except for 1 that will hopefully coincide with something in the eastern cities.
Going to say goodbye to sleep as it's a spell and get the chaos bolt instead of it!
Are there spells beyond players handbook and Xanathars?

Metamagic subtle spell also seems to be the first thing he learns fore some unknown reason :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:59 am

Holger also excused himself from the morning excursion to join the gnomes.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:02 am

Grokk should wear pants

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:20 am

Who's Grokk?
Maybe a toga? Easy to get on and off.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:12 am

So the purpose of going to the infirmary was to get Ulmwin and the new gnome right?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Yeah, check in on them, and avoid a face to face with a Serenity Guildmember.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:37 am

I will try to update the spreadsheet one evening this week. Given all of the happenings with new and dead.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:58 pm

So...
I'll be out of town at a conference for work starting Monday PM and won't be back until late Wednesday. I won't have access to computer or cell phone during that time, unfortunately. A family emergency came up and I have to leave the phone with my wife. :(
If you need to do something with Randy in the meantime, Spider has my permission to do so. I should be able to check sometime before I leave tomorrow, but after 3PM CDT I'll be out of touch.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:15 am

Kind of regretting not getting this up while Lurks had an opportunity to saddle you guys with whatever name Randy wanted officially :chuckle: , but we can leave it up to group discussion. If there is not a clear consensus (or you feel bad about Lurks not being here), I'm not saying you NEED one, but just realized this would be your first real chance to establish fame and notoriety for yourselves as a group, beyond your work for the Circle Vale folks.

It's perfectly fine for Randy to just tell him that you haven't decided on one yet, but if you want to have a group name, let the suggestions and discussion begin!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:20 am

I still don't get what is wrong with "The amazing Ulmwin and company" :roll:

The one somewhat witty suggestion I had thought of before was the "Troubledours"/"Troubladours" one, but that one has been shoved aside because it probably gives a wrong impression :lol:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:44 am

I'm just saying Starwind has a good magical ring to it and fits very well as we all know magic! Now we just have to combine it with something.. :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:02 am

I don't mind if we wait for Lurks to come back and let him make the official decision, as Randy is on the spot, and we kinda get stuck with it. It could be interesting...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:06 am

Starwind? More like Starfart! :roll:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 am

Dornikal can't use magic, but he would be okay with pretty much anything that Randy would be likely to come up with. He is part of the group but doesn't feel like he has been part long enough to be involved in picking a name.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:33 am

I'm also happy to skip it in the moment and insert what, if anything that Randy might say after the fact, but don't know as it is crucial to pause things just for that.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:43 am

I'm sure Randy will do us proud :)

If I think of anything exceptionally smart I'll let you know, but I strongly doubt it :lol:

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:36 am

I have some very temporary access this morning. I'll give a name some thought during my flight back home. Something to keep me entertained, I guess. :chuckle: