The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am Maji can also prepare create/destroy water if needed. That way we don't have to rush.
True, I think you'd be able to make 80 if you spend all your slots on it. Just using Coljin as an illustration point that if you're relying solely on the spell, that means that the cleric/druid aren't going to have a lot of slots left for combat/healing, etc.

Maji could also decrease food needs, particularly for the mules with application of goodberry.
BadgeAddict wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:47 am I hear you when you say not all is going to fit...but that...doesn't really mean much to me...

Because...we don't really have any idea what is fitting...we really don't know anything.

Do the trade goods take up 1 whole wagon...1 and half wagons...I mean...trade goods are trade goods..but...how much is there in terms of wagon capacity.
This is the part in the videogame where you start dropping trash that doesn't have a good value for the size/weight. The orcs had the wagons packed full of what they thought was most worth taking back to wherever they were headed. You may have less water/food requirements due to your casters, and can cram a bit more on that way, but pretty much anything else you want to put on means something else is getting left behind.

If you NEED some sort of quantifiable measure, trade goods take up every part of the wagon that isn't driver's seat, water barrels, food stores, or those items that I'd mentioned by name (artisan tools, etc.). At least 3/4ths+ of each wagon is various goods that were being transported by caravans.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:42 am

Here is what we should so about the bag of holding. Stuff that is worth the most should probably go in there, if nobody is willing to carry it. After the more valuable stuff, then we should put the stuff that is less bulky and does not weigh a lot so that we can use all the space we can get.

As for the wagons, we can have some of the bulker items, and put some of the smaller items inside of them to make the most room, stacking them so they are sturdy and fill them to the roof with a little walking space, exception to our/the livable wagon. If we don't keep the barrels topped off with water, we can fill them with stuff and maybe keep a barrel to hold water.

Anything that is junk (the plates and axes) maybe during our down time we can try to make them into iron bars and sell it so that it takes less room and possibly more profit.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:48 am

Agreed. Although small or wearble valuables, and some emergency money should probably be carried in belt pouches and such, if only to minimise some of the risk of keeping all our eggs in one basket.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am

By the way...we don't know what the dried meat is...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:13 am

okay... Do you want us to do something with it?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 am

BadgeAddict wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am By the way...we don't know what the dried meat is...
Maji will take it if nobody else is, and if it's a new animal maybe he can change into it!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 am

And if it's people, Maji probably won't mind either. Seems like a good solution to our mystery meat problem :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Dornikal would also likely be willing to help carry things, but not if it is crazy. :P

Badge, if Zephyr happened to go by when Dornikal was doing his gem work it might spark a memory that she wanted something turned into a necklace?

And really anyone else that wants some work done with gemstones - and as a bonus you will probably get to hear about Dumathoin!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Actually...you saying that reminded me of that... :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Nem has no real interest in the gods I'm afraid, but she'd be interested in hearing Dornikal's tales of adventure in the mines :)

She won't ask though - it seems like those memories are probably still a bit too fresh to be poked at.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Randy would probably be willing to watch. He might be willing to eventually let Dornikal install the mini nuke on a pendent of some sort where Randy could reach it in a hurry. But not until he's reasonably sure Dornikal won't blow either of them up. If he wishes to discuss deities....well, he might find Randy's view point on cosmology a bit...different.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:31 pm

I think the word you are looking for Lurks is blasphemous. ;)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:11 pm

If you can get a discussion out of Maji, his views are ...different.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Hells Bells! Between the increased Dex mod and adding the shield, Randy turned into a tank! :shock:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Oooooh! Did you get your Level 4 already? That's cool :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 pm

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 pm Hells Bells! Between the increased Dex mod and adding the shield, Randy turned into a tank! :shock:
Realized that with the breastplate, that caps you at at +2 to your AC from DEX, so it'd only be the boost from the shield, but since you're moving away from the dual wielding...
thinkslogically wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 pm Oooooh! Did you get your Level 4 already? That's cool :)
I'll get folks there narratively soon.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Ah! No rush at all, I thought maybe you'd been PMing folk individually and I got excited :D

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Sorry! :lol: Just been tweeking out his stats ahead of time. Still, even with the 2 cap on Dex, that woudl give Randy an AC of 18. He'll loose some more back to 17 when he goes monk, but he'll be able to dual wield again. If he waits to go monk after he's Ranger 5, he'll get his second attack, plus be able to still use PW as bonus action, which will allow his DPS to go up considerably.
Yeah, I'm plotting and counting my chickens before they hatch. :roll: Randy'll probably get ate by a pit fiend or somethin' given the way our party operates. :chuckle:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:32 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 am
The ground rumbles and trembles under most of you above the mine entrance as Korgal bellows.
Spider, was this just Korgal being awesome or did the ground actually shake?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:41 am

Could have been Thaumaturgy effects:

You manifest a minor wonder, a sign of supernatural power, within range. You create one of the following magical effects within range.

Your voice booms up to three times as loud as normal for 1 minute.
• You cause flames to flicker, brighten, dim, or change color for 1 minute.
You cause harmless tremors in the ground for 1 minute.
• You create an Instantaneous sound that originates from a point of your choice within range, such as a rumble of thunder, the cry of a raven, or ominous whispers.
• You instantaneously cause an unlocked door or window to fly open or slam shut.
• You alter the appearance of your eyes for 1 minute.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its 1-minute effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:57 am

Would an orc warchief have that? Maybe the shaman did it?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:01 am

Could have been the shaman for sure. Spider can confirm if it was real or metaphorical rumblings or what, but it wasn't necessarily anything powerful.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:23 am

thinkslogically wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:01 am Could have been the shaman for sure.
:thumbsup:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 am

Since we are not killing the orc, I guess I should tell ya that there was a real possibility of Maji leaving if you killed him. I was mentally planning for the next character and had a rough character concept.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:46 am

Oh boy...operation, "Knife the Orc when other people are sleeping" has commenced.