The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Should I start worrying I broke Rodgeir to the point that he still thinks of Dornikal and the others as slaves and prisoners? :shrug:

Rodgeir wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:20 am ...he will go lay down between the deceased slaves...
Rodgeir wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 am Lastly don't try to pass your moral dilemmas on to the poor, poor slaves :P.
Rodgeir wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:57 am ((Guessing the other slaves are going to have some questions...))
Rodgeir wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 am ((...Anything from the others (slaves) as he brought the remains by?))
Rodgeir wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:59 pm Once things calm down the group can probably quiz the slaves about the cities to get a fuller understanding.
Rodgeir wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm... Dornikal will wait until the sun has set and it is getting cooler before digging holes for the deceased prisoners a few dozen yards south and east of the entrance. He will try to get the holes reasonably deep and will accept help from the other slaves and Coljin....
Rodgeir wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:15 am ((Are we heading out immediately? What with all the loading of horse flesh. Not sure the prisoners are up for that.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:30 am

You did mess me up pretty bad. It was very traumatic, Dornikal was in the care of the orcs almost half the time! :P

I've mostly stuck to that for clarity's sake (an I guess habit) so everyone knows who I am talking about. If I write group, team, or something along those lines it got a little unclear. I will work on sounding less defeated and more survivor-y! :D

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 am

Spider, did you give him a game version of PTSD? :chuckle:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:51 am

You know, he probably did. Going to definitely need reparations. ;)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:23 am

I'm still here..I just have nothing to banter about in IC or OOC.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:41 am

Well, you could always come and have the tiefling chat with Nem :lol:

On that side of things, she'll continue maintaining her disguise in public, but by the time we move on, she'll have taken the time to tell everyone in the original group she's not actually human.

She probably won't tell the merchant group or Dornikal yet, but she's relaxing a little about who knows. She's probably most concerned about telling Z, because they haven't got on so well in the past and she's not sure how well she'll keep it secret.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:52 am

I think Z will be disappointed mainly, in the fact that you're obviously ashamed of your heritage.

It's also a fairly busy week for me.

And Z is mostly concerned with making sure that the chair ends up on a wagon. :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:57 am

Mmm... I'm not sure ashamed is quite right. She's got more immediate reasons for disguising herself.

It's a conversation for IC :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:22 am

indeed. Perhaps on our long wagon ride or somesuch..

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:36 am

BadgeAddict wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:52 am
And Z is mostly concerned with making sure that the chair ends up on a wagon. :lol:
It can, but it will mean other things cannot fit.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 am

Really?

Actually, while I'm thinking about it.

Could I get a list of all of the things.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:05 am

Might be easier to get an estimate from Szartha on the total value rather than list everything? Maybe just the highlights?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 am

Yeah, I don't think we need to keep 4 sets of crappy hide armour for example. We're making enough money that we don't need to be scrabbling for coppers.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 am

Rodgeir wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:05 am Might be easier to get an estimate from Szartha on the total value rather than list everything? Maybe just the highlights?
The "trade goods" I'd rather just leave it at that rather than have to go through and detail everything. They are going to be things that are of good value for the weight, and likely worth more than chairs and hide armor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:15 am

That's fair...but I want the Chair :D

2 War Pick 1
60 Chain Shirt 3 (20 each)
40 Dented Half Plate 1
40 Shaman's Ring Mail
6 Shaman's Shield
55 Yertak's Chain Mail
10 Shortsword 5 (2 each)
8 Javelin x 4 (2 each)
9 Spear x 3 (3 each)
3 Bolts x 40 (.075 each)
1 Clockwork Amulet 1
3 Cloak of Many Fashions 1
2 Horn of Scribing 1
1 Alchemist's Fire 1
10 Block and Tackle 2 (5 each)
1 Shaman's Pendant
1 Yertak's Pendant
21 Orc Greataxe 3 (7 each)
4 Orc Battleaxe 1
65 Orc Plate Armor 1
36 Bottles of Wine 12 (3 each)
15 Bottles of Liquor 5 (3 each)
35 Portable Ram

Total: 428 / 500

Taken:
Hunting Trap 1
Iron Pot 1
Tinker's Tools 1 (Ulmwin is taking)

Suggested to be Left Behind:
84 Hide Armor x 7 (mostly damaged) (12 each) (I would be okay with leaving these behind if we're running out of space)
130 Damaged Orc Plate Armor 2 (65 each)
49 Greataxes x 7 (not all in the best shape) (7 each)
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 am

Then convince everyone else to give up space on the wagon for your vanity item.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:18 am

NO! That is unacceptable DMing! I want to know EVERYTHING in the trade pile, including a detailed history of its origin, craftsmanship and manufacturing process, ideally accompanied by a short essay on the aesthetic values of each piece and how it fits into the world lore!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 am

Alright, I'll get started on that, it'll only delay you guys leveling to 4 by a month or two...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:22 am

How much does the chair weigh? Also Dornikal will gladly take those 4 javelins.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:23 am

Wait wait...perhaps we can make this easier...
Obviously the slaves can walk besides the wagons.... :P :P

no no, jk jk...

but seriously, Spider let me ask you this. instead of nickle & diming this process.

lets just cut to the chase.

Can all 3 wagons currently hold all of the people and stuff that we are currently carrying and all his trade goods, minus the chair?

And yes, how much does the chair weigh.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 am

BadgeAddict wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:23 am Can all 3 wagons currently hold all of the people and stuff that we are currently carrying and all his trade goods, minus the chair?
Not all going to fit by a long shot. Mentioned a few places it isn't all going to fit. They have looted dozens of caravans by this point.

~200 and bulky.

You guys might be able to free up a bit of space, given that you're less beholden to the wells with your casters that can do create water, but bear in mind that it would take Coljin spending EVERY spell slot he has to satisfy water needs for the party for a day. Keeping some of those barrels on the wagons to be able to keep things topped off is likely prudent.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:36 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 am Alright, I'll get started on that, it'll only delay you guys leveling to 4 by a month or two...
:shock: Trade goods is fine :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 am
BadgeAddict wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:23 am Can all 3 wagons currently hold all of the people and stuff that we are currently carrying and all his trade goods, minus the chair?
Not all going to fit by a long shot. Mentioned a few places it isn't all going to fit. They have looted dozens of caravans by this point.

~200 and bulky.

You guys might be able to free up a bit of space, given that you're less beholden to the wells with your casters that can do create water, but bear in mind that it would take Coljin spending EVERY spell slot he has to satisfy water needs for the party for a day. Keeping some of those barrels on the wagons to be able to keep things topped off is likely prudent.
Maji can also prepare create/destroy water if needed. That way we don't have to rush.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:47 am

I hear you when you say not all is going to fit...but that...doesn't really mean much to me...

Because...we don't really have any idea what is fitting...we really don't know anything.

Do the trade goods take up 1 whole wagon...1 and half wagons...I mean...trade goods are trade goods..but...how much is there in terms of wagon capacity.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:54 am

I think we would know better if we looked at this IC and spoke to the merchants and decided what we want to keep. LIke I say, that wagon of ours is one that Nem thinks of as a travelling home, and it's really important to her. If you want to fill it with scrap metal, it would be worth a conversation IC. We might not even WANT half of this stuff.

Same for the Bag of Holding. I think we should chat IC about what we want to put into that thing, since it is Group Loot, and not Zephyr's portable furniture transporter.