The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:27 am

Too bad the horn of alarm is not like the alarm spell, which would have waken him up.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 am

It was worth a try anyway. Last stand time for Randy it looks like.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:56 am

Meta - I know what they are.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:30 am

Yup :)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Got a pretty good idea.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Figured it out after Dorni went down. Hasn't been a ton help since then :roll: .
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Ditto for Maji. Also hopefully Zephyr does not see Maji in this state otherwise he'd be dead.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:06 pm

burns, you are the only one with a vendetta against her...other than dying from embarrassment. :lol:

You're the only evil member of this party, Zephyr wouldn't come up and stab you in the heart just because your character has been an A-hole to her. I'm not sure where or why you think that she would do that...There's no glory in her killing you like that, and to her, glory and honor in battle trumps everything.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Because you discussed it in this thread before and suggested it to Holger?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:49 am

1. This is "OOC = Out of Character" Which is essentially a chatroom about the game and the things said here shouldn't be taken as "actual character thoughts, unless specified to be".
2. Zephyr isn't an evil character, so while she may have at times been frustrated by your actions, like when you attacked, or tried to attack Holger. And she suggested "putting you down like the wild beast you were", that is saying something in the heat of the moment. Much like I presume, when people say in RL how "if you do blank I'll kill you". But back to my main point here, Zephyr (unlike yourself) isn't of an evil alignment....only evil characters kill "innocents" for no reason when they are passed out on the ground. evil characters....like yours.

And for the rest of you listening in, I'm not angry, I'm not yelling and I don't consider this an argument...but seriously burns....you're being a bit ridiculous and bringing it up over and over again that Zephyr (who is over 100 ft or more away from you) is going to stumble upon your body and then just kill you out of spite...is getting really annoying.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:48 am

Why don't we just call it a draw and let things go? If Randy gets killed, I'd rather it be because I did a stupid (which is looking increasingly likely right now), not as collateral damage from an orbital bombardment. After all, the rest of the party can't loot him if he's atomized (provided that they're not atomized themselves). :P

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:05 am

Lurks,

You can only call it a draw if both sides agree to drop it, and I've been dropping it for months.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:16 am

Spider, maybe it's time to discuss a "no-pvp without consent" rule? Even if it's just for these two.

Even if Zephyr isn't going to do it anyway, at least this formalises it and makes it clear that burns is not ok with (lethal) PvP. I assume non-lethal would be ok given how physical Maji can be, but perhaps that's something to talk about too.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:22 am

Wasn't talking to only you, Badge. And I recognize you're trying to leave the issue behind. :thumbsup:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:32 am

Holger is set for live, he survived a fireball at level 1 so what could even get close to killing him now?!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 am

I would say no-pvp without aggression instead thinks.

My opinion, is that burns isn't willing to say no-pvp without consent because (from what he's said), if he was ever in a situation where he could kill zephyr and get away with it, he would.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:38 am

He's probably still his own biggest danger :lol:

Badge, how do you define aggression though? That part probably isn't clear enough. Anyway, I think this one's for spider to decide.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:44 am

If I can be especially crass for a second, I think there's only one real problem player when it comes to PC vs PC aggression. And it's the same player who as far as I can recall is the only one to ever actually initiate "combat" with another player with varying degrees of justification, yet is also found to make comments on getting backstabbed by others when there is never any indication that would ever happen. :roll:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:51 am

I actually can't see through your vagueness to guess who you are hinting about. :shrug:
Oh...I figured it out...nvm

Thinks - As far as what I mean by aggression.
Hypothetical situation: Zephyr is tied to a chair or some-such and Maji is the only other person in the room and tries to attack her. I think Zephyr would be justified to fight back even to the point of killing Maji.

Or: Holger is alone with Maji and does something that Maji finds to be suspicious and Maji attacks Holger. I think it is in Holgers best interest to defend himself.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 am

I mean, Nem came pretty close to shanking Zephyr for constantly trying to graffitti the wagon :P

((I think M0rt is talking about burns. Afaik, it's almost the only PvP we've had except for Nem and Z's scuffle way back when and Holger vs himself :) ))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:00 am

:lol: she was bored and had a knife, what can I do.. :ktongue:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:06 am

To address your previous question, that's why OOC rules can be helpful. Those situations you give may arise... Somehow. But having a clear rule that either no pvp is allowed at all, or non-lethal PvP only is ok (up to the players) give the DM a very clear position where they can shut down anything the players aren't comfortable with before it gets to the point of an argument / hurt feelings / whatever. And they control the universe anyway, so it's not hard to either steer the world away from a situation like that, or put the brakes on entirely.

Anyway, it may not be something we need for this game, but it's a useful DM tool for ruling through grey areas. I've got three new players joining my RL group on Saturday this week, so figuring out a set of short, and hopefully obvious ground rules has been on my mind a bit this week!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:08 am

My stance on inter-PC issues is that they should be resolved through the use of trickery and illusions only... Not my problem for the ones who haven't picked up anything of the kind :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:34 am

Totally agree, but since this keeps coming up ooc, it seems like a player concern rather than PC.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:48 am

I shouldn't have brought it up. I don't try to be problematic, but I see your point as to why you think I am. I'll try to be better, but if you want to kick me out....