The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Well, that on top of the VM and Hail of Thorns did him in! Without that 6, he'd still be kicking.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 pm

As risky as it might be, assuming these things all run away, we should probably track them down and kill them. In the name of saving future caravans from trouble with them.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Yeah, they must have come from somewhere... Maybe they were selling prisoners to the orcs as slaves? Or maybe they're moving in rapidly now we thinned the competition. Or maybe they just like keeping people alive to eat them fresh later...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Or maybe they were just a bad roll. :paranoia:

But yeah, maybe they have a lair nearby with goodies in it too, goodies that need new owners.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 pm

They weren't working with the orcs. The orcs gathered their own slaves. Maybe they are just taking advantage of the weakened parties the orcs made with the poisoned wells?

If we stick together we could handle the ones we ran into, but could be another trap too.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:24 pm

They weren't, cos they didn't exist IC until M0rt summoned them up for our random encounter :P Who KNOWS what that's changed IC! :lol:

At any rate, they've seen us all now (more or less), so if we did fight the same group again, we'd better do it before they have a chance to regroup since they know (y)our various tactics.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Dornikal's tactics are to fall unconscious before doing jack squat. I'd call that nigh unbeatable.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:41 pm

A classic tactic created by Darfel (Spiders character from shipwrecked) back in the day, none have reached his perfection, although Dornikal is pretty close and Tess is dabling a bit with it :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Maybe next time it appears we're clearly going to get ambushed, we shouldn't all sprint in three various directions making it easier for them to pick us off one by one. :roll:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Hmmm. But it clearly worked out here. Dornikal, Maji, Tess, Zephyr... Nearly everyone came out better rested and none the worse for wear from our 'tactics'!

Why change it if it's not broken? :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Well, you're technically correct... The best kind of correct. :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:36 pm

To be fair, scouting has worked pretty well in most other situations. This was just a shitty stealth roll that COULD have been negated had anyone bothered to tell Nem she wasn't even remotely hidden as she left camp (looking at you, Randy and Holger!) :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:45 pm

"Hey guys, I'm gonna stealth away to check that sound out! I'll use the invisibility cloak I bought!"

"Sure thing Tess!"

*runs away holding a red blanket over her head as the others watch*

^^^Completely accurate recount of events^^^

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:54 pm

If you'd clustered around the wagons, I'd have had to add a few dozen to their numbers to make it worth attacking!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:57 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:36 pm To be fair, scouting has worked pretty well in most other situations. This was just a shitty stealth roll that COULD have been negated had anyone bothered to tell Nem she wasn't even remotely hidden as she left camp (looking at you, Randy and Holger!) :lol:
Next time tell Maji so he can sneak with you, so you won't be compleatly screwed if you go out. He has a sneaky form or two (kitty!). Would be cool to get a larger form he can sneak in, though.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 pm

So what you're saying is Spider... If we pretend to be with LESS people, the enemies will also reduce in numbers? :roll:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:29 pm

In all fairness, Holger was too busy being blind with his perception fumble as you snuck off. He might not even have heard you leave :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:46 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 pm So what you're saying is Spider... If we pretend to be with LESS people, the enemies will also reduce in numbers? :roll:
:meh: I'm saying I trimmed numbers from the initially planned encounter so it was interesting rather than you all just getting steamrolled.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:19 pm Hmmm. But it clearly worked out here. Dornikal, Maji, Tess, Zephyr... Nearly everyone came out better rested and none the worse for wear from our 'tactics'!

Why change it if it's not broken? :lol:
Randy might have some disagreement with that assessment at the moment. And since he got bashed to zero and unconscious during all this, you may consider him chastised for not pointing out that Tess's cloaking device was on the fritz. :P
However, as fair warning, he might not be quite so inclined to go chasing after certain party members who disregard sound advice. He's neutral good, not neutral stupid. Hit him with a stick ( or scimitar in this case) often enough and he does learn. ;)
And Mort, before you start, yeah I was working under a double disadvantage: I couldn't see the maps most of the time and I had to make decisions and entries on the fly. It was a pretty busy week without a lot of down time, but I didn't want the game to stall because of me. So I didn't have a lot of time for strategic thinking. Had to make do with tactical. :shrug:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:09 pm

It's all good, I think both you (lurks) and theis were super busy with RL when I had Nem wander off, and she probably would have gone anyway :)

I should really remember to use Ily for this stuff more...

Ah well, at least she told you they weren't real birds before she left :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:59 pm

PS burns- does Nem know you can be anything other than a bear or giant centipede? I forget what you can turn Maji into :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:16 pm

...Huh. I guess he hasn't really used most of his forms. But he also changed to a giant badger and giant lizard in front of her. As for other forms, they are on the spread sheet. I just edited in colours for swim speed (green) and fly speed (blue) because those forms I cannot change into yet.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Giant badgers and lizards don't seem very sneaky, but maybe they can have this conversation once they're back on the road :) I'm sure Maji could be super useful as a scout, but it would cost him a "battle" form, probably.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Oh! He's also been a weasel once! And yea, I thought about that too, which is why I want to find a large feline.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:55 pm

OK I think that if he'd ever been a weasel in front of Ily, they'd have got on great and Nem would probably know about it. Clearly, I just forgot :lol: