The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:14 pm

The 185 feet is the current distance to the golem?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:20 pm

Yes, you were at 200 then it moved 15 to come up and hit Zokk.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Spider once everybody to know that for some reason he's being blacklisted from the campus computers. Over and out

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:19 am

Don't feel the need to save items for Tess and Holger, we don't know when Thinks or Theis will be back. In story, they'll be crashing with Kreldoran until Holger gets his magic under control. And he'd be able to send them to join up with you wherever you are.

Also, Zephyr is not at the tower, but don't remember if Kreldoran had mentioned that.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Ring of Swimming
► Show Spoiler
Immovable Rod
► Show Spoiler
Bead of Force x 5
► Show Spoiler

Periapt of Health
► Show Spoiler

Cloak of Elvenkind
► Show Spoiler

Deck of Illusions
► Show Spoiler
Figurine of Wondrous Power, Ebony Fly
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:09 pm

Ring of Swimming - Anyone want this? Situational but nice in those situations.
Immovable Rod - Maybe something to keep in the bag of holding?
Bead of Force x 5 - Anyone want this?
Periapt of Health - Non-attunement item that is potentially useful to everyone but our paladin. Anyone interested?
Cloak of Elvenkind - Randy? Anyone else?
Deck of illusions - Good distraction potential, but pretty variable on HOW distracting. Anyone interested?
Ebony Fly - Dornikal wants this most for the flying mount potential! Anyone else want it?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Ring of swimming - Probably should go to someone, but no particular preference on who. Likely not to be relevant for a bit.
Immovable rod: Bag of holding and to be used when someone has a good idea for its use besides being a coat hanger
Bead of force: split it up? Seems like it'll be useful if we want to capture someone mostly.
Periapt of health: Ulmwin might want to put it on for a bit when he tastes these fruits. :P
Cloak of Elvenkind: Randy can have it, yeah.
Deck of illusions: Ulmwin might be interested, but mostly because it seems funny.
Ebony of fly - Also seems very interesting, but Dornikal can have it

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:22 pm

(( The rod would make a good anchor for a rope or pulley, or a portable hand hold or step. If you had 3 of them, you could ladder yourself just about anywhere. :P ))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:58 pm

...Hmmm... can the immobile rod be used as a magical weapon when not pushed in?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:31 pm

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:22 pm (( The rod would make a good anchor for a rope or pulley, or a portable hand hold or step. If you had 3 of them, you could ladder yourself just about anywhere. :P ))
I could see it being done with just two if you're acrobatic enough! Hang from one, swing, anchor second higher and release first one, repeat...

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 am

Coljin doesn't really need any of these items. He will be trying to barter with Kreldoran for some 100gp diamonds. Which the party will need sooner or later, He now has revivify, but will need diamonds to bring you all back to life when that happens again.

Possibly, If no one finds the Deck of Illusions very useful, we could maybe trade that to Kreldoran. He could repay us with spell components that various party member will be needing at higher levels?

I always thought that an immovable rod could be used as a great door lock in a dungeon. (a very expensive magic one) If the party needs to rest and sleep, if they can find a room with a single door, a door that opens inward only, then you can use the rod as a great locking tool on the doorway while you are resting. Not saying that there might not be people waiting for you when you open the door finally, but they aren't going to get into the door without some noise and bashing and surprise the party.
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 am

Does Dornikal have any gp worth of diamonds? He has nearly 1000 gp worth of gems, so maybe?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Was that 1000 gp worth of undefined gems, or is that including ones you've cut?

So... I kind of wanted to fast track you guys towards 6th level in a quick like manner, since we'd spent ages at 4th level. But, also wanted to give you a chance to try out things at 5th level and get a good handle on them rather than just giving you a two level jump.

There was a chance that the fight against "Sandy" could have been much more substantial, to where everyone would have gotten a hand on the ball, but even with max HP on the reskin, Zokk locked him down before he could summon friends, and didn't last that long in the end.

Speaking of, here's the list of what arose from the magic beans, which I had the idea to have Renny plant at the point at which you guys decided to ask Kreldoran to join you to provide support and transport.

Rolls were made on both the standard magic bean table, and on an expanded one I found online.

1. Area is flooded
2. Whoever planted bean has color changing skin
3. An evil treant grows
4. The area becomes abundantly fertile
5. A fruit tree with magical properties grows

The evil treant was hitting the 'weird plant/tree' theme a bit harder than I wanted, so I reskinned it as a sand monster, and tweaked a few things (gave it vulnerability to thunder and force, resistance to slashing), but it was a CR 9 creature with 200 some HP. It hand the ability to summon two copies of itself, and could dish out massive damage both up close and at range. It got to attack the party twice, and one was a miss. :D

Dragonborn tribes were always waiting for the fulfillment of a prophecy, but I hadn't defined it fully in my mind until this came up.

Anyway... the initial reason for the post was to see what you all were feeling up for. The tower took damage, I was considering a 'fetch quest' within the desert that should be pretty straight forward (ie, not a multi-year IRL diversion), which would give you guys a bit more of a chance to play with some of your 5th level stuff, and then when you return to the tower with the reagants needed to fix things up, you guys will all level to 6th before arriving at Estmont.

If you're feeling done with side quests, and want to just get out of the desert, I can make the fixes doable with what he has on hand, and wrap things up here and transport you to Estmont, and we'll figure out 6th level at some point down the line.

TL;DR: Would you rather...
A) Do another quest to reach 6th level sooner
B) Get transported to Estmont and reach 6th level later
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:29 pm

I'll defer to the group. Whatever y'all decide.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:40 pm

I vote option a.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:56 pm

Option A!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:18 pm

I'll go for A, too.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:04 am

The 1000 gold worth of big gems doesn't have any diamonds in it I think...nope.

I was wondering about the pouches of 250 gold and 450 gold worth of smaller gems Dornikal is packing from earlier? They were undefined as to type.
----
Option A

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 am

Sounds like a consensus!

Rodgeir, roll a d100 twice and that's the % of the 250 and 450 bags that are diamond?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:47 am

Diamond %s in bags 1 and 2: 1D100 = [70] = 70
1D100 = [19] = 19

So 175 worth of diamonds in bag 1 and 86 in bag 2 (rounding up to the nearest whole gem). That's 261 gold worth of diamonds.

@NSF, how many did Coljin need?

Either way Coljin would know that Dornikal is the gem guy so it is reasonable he would ask him IC if he was looking for some.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 am

Revivify uses 300 gp of diamonds per cast.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 am

So still short 40. The dragonborn tribes had mostly opals, right?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 am

That's what they traded to Szartha, yes. Few other semiprecious stones too... turquoise and tourmaline maybe?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 am

Maybe Kreldoran has 40 gold worth of diamonds in a drawer somewhere he could part with?

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 am

Yep, we will check with the old mage for diamonds.