GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4713

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 31)

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:33 am

Walks wakes up and tries to ignite the grease the mud thingy is walking on. If she doesn't succeed or doesn't have the means to try in the first place, she'll just get the heck out of there (back down the ladder, over the red button, past the other ladder, over the other button and follow TAP to the left). Heck, she'll get out of the way (at least to the ladder on the lower level) even IF she manages to ignite the grease.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Narshe
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 31)

Post by Narshe » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Tinkers carefully makes her way back to the main room and goes back down to the assassins. "Hey, that clay golem upstairs? It contains a key that you will likely need to complete your mission. There's a chance the goblins might just hand it to you, but it's pretty unlikely if you ask me. Go in and join the fight so you can call dibs!"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 32)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:36 pm

Turn 32

Image

Steals presses the green button again. He hears a faint whirring sound, and all the lines between the circles briefly light up. There's a clunk and the whirring stops almost immediately. Whatever he did doesn't seem to be right and the board appears to have reset itself (the original orange button is no longer lit). He presses the orange button on the other side of the board and it lights up.

Walks pulls a torch out of her inventory and holds the flame to the floor grease. It's super effective! The grease catches fire easily and engulfs the golem, who looks rather concerned by the new state of affairs as it begins to bake...

Tinkers carefully heads back to the others and climbs down to the thieves.

"Hey, that clay golem upstairs? It contains a key that you will likely need to complete your mission. There's a chance the goblins might just hand it to you, but it's pretty unlikely if you ask me. Go in and join the fight so you can call dibs!"
"FIght a golem? I don't know... That sounds awfully-"
"Dangerous! Come on buddy, we've TOTALLY got this! We're insured now, remember?"
"Well... I suppose so. I guess when we finish this score we'll be able to afford another policy if we need one."

The thieves head upstairs to the golem, but pause when they see the fire.

"Ummm... I think we should wait for it to come to us."
"Yeah. Or for that fire to go out. Either way."

Image

TAP hops over the button and heads for the next room.

@Gathers:
► Show Spoiler
---------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14726
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 32)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:14 pm

Tap loots Mr. Skelly and then tries to open the bars. If there is a lock, use a bone to pick lock.

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4713

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 32)

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Uhm, is it just me, or is the same pic posted twice?

And @ torches, I think every GM handles them differently. But yeah, them either lighting up as soon as they get taken out of inventory and/or them burning infinitely (but safely) in hammerspace is fine by me. :)
I got super confused with my inventory due to various quests that got cancelled half-way. I have to check with what I got during those and sort it all out someday, but that is rather time-consuming, so I keep on postponing it. Sorry about that.

Walks tries to stay out of the way of Muddy McBurnface and the grease as well. If needed, move to the next room, where TAP is (avoiding all known dangers).
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6480

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 32)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:57 am

Steals will press all the orange buttons and if nothing happens, then push the green one.

Also it's not only you Gathers, it's the same for me. I just assume the golem is burning so brightly that we can't see anything and it will be completely destroyed in a couple of turns :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 32)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:46 am

Damn... I'll fix that tonight, sorry!

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 32)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:14 pm

All right, it should be fixed now! Sorry about that :)

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4713

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 32)

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:31 pm

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 33)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Turn 33

Image

TAP tries to loot the skeleton, but there's nothing left here of value since Tinkers took the little box. So, she turns her attention to picking the "lock" on the "gate", but it turns out it's just heavy metal bars lodged securely into the stone. There's no way to open them, and there's definitely no lock.

Image

Walks decides to let the fire do her dirty work and nonchalantly strolls leftwards to stay out of the way. The clay golem looks to be slowing down in the blaze.

Steals pushes another orange button. The board sounds a short, but noisy buzzer, and the wires leading out of the original orange button flash white a few times before the board resets once more. Hmmm. Pushing the big green button has no effect.

Tinkers spaces out.

---------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14726
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 33)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Tap carries skelly to the room to the right, steeping over the button.

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4713

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 33)

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:09 am

Walks waits until the fire has died down, staying out of the way of the golem or the ninjas.
While she does so, she tries to look 'into' the eye that is opening again in a non-threatening way and say "hi" to it.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 33)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:06 pm

nudging this for the folk we're missing

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6480

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 33)

Post by Theis2 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:00 am

Steals will push the left orange and then the right orange button
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 34)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:59 am

Turn 34

Image

TAP bundles up the skeleton in his arms and carries it to the right. It's a little awkward, but he manages not to drop any of the bones on the button and makes it safely through.

Walks leaves the rapidly-solidifying golem to bake and hops over to say "hi" to the "eye" in the wall. A rumble from the right-hand side of the room seems to be her reply and she feels the ground under her feet wobble slightly.

"Uhhh... Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Yeah... That didn't feel safe."

Steals pushes the left orange button then the right orange button and is greeted by the same buzzer sound. This time, the two lines coming out from the left-hand orange button flash white before the board resets.

Tinkers spaces out again.

The fire on the top floor seems to be going out.
---------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/quote]

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4713

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 34)

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Walks feels puzzled with the eye and the rumbling. It doesn't look very friendly, so she decides to climb up (once the fire is out) and try to get the golem (once completely immobile and cooled down! don't want to burn her hands) down where she is right now. Maybe the eye likes sculptures?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6480

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 34)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Steals continues playing with the buttons, clicking the left orange, the blue, the green, the orange, the red and finally the right orange. (following the lines)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Narshe
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 34)

Post by Narshe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Tinkers wakes up from her long, wearing nap (she was sick for like two turns you see). She'll wander over to Steals and try to help him with the puzzle. She tells him, "Hey Steals, maybe pressing a button 'activates' all buttons of the same color, and you're supposed to activate all of them at the same time?" She will try to push the right red and blue buttons at the same time and see if that does anything.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 35)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Turn 35

Image

Steals presses the blue, green, orange, red and orange buttons. The lines between each of the buttons glows white (and stays lit). The board doesn't buzz or reset, but it seems like this puzzle is still not solved...

Tinkers tries to help out and presses both red buttons at the same time. The board buzzes loudly and the line running from the right-orange button to the blue one below it flashes. Then the board resets again.

Walks climbs back up, and waits for the fire to go out before giving the clay golem a tentative poke with her bow. It's still radiating quite a lot of heat, but more importantly, seems to be extremely heavy. She might be able to push it down the ladder if she had some help, but there's also no guarantee it wouldn't break if it fell.

TAP spaces out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14726
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 35)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Tap helps trip the golem, by pushing it back into the grease.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6480

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 35)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:17 am

Steals will do the same again followed by clicking the blue button, orange button. If it still isn't done then he'll click the red, blue, yellow and first orange. (so it loops around).
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4713

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 35)

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:17 am

"Thank you for the help, TAP. Just be careful, that thing is HEAVY" Walks says and does her best to make sure the golem-statue doesn't get damaged, while getting it down to the eye.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Turn 36

Image

"Thank you for the help, TAP. Just be careful, that thing is HEAVY"

TAP climbs up and shoves the golem backwards. It's hot to the touch, but luckily doesn't burn him! The grease has all burned away though, so the golem just sort of topples over with a "thunk". Walks tries to drag it over to the ladder, but it's too heavy to move on her own.

Below, Steals loops the buttons all the way round, but is greeted by the now-familiar BZZZT! The unlit wires flash and the board resets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 pm

*nuuuuudge*

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14726
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Tap goes to the left and checks out the ladder

Post Reply