GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Post Reply
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13097
Location: Florida

GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Protect the GAL's Interests!

Turn 0

Image

The three newbie goblins head out of the GAL under All's experienced watch, ready to wreak havoc on Moric's country estate! Following Savage's directions, they soon arrive at the end of the emergency escape tunnel... Which smells like it doubles as a sewage overflow. Gross. At least that probably means no-one uses it very often.

---------------------------
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 39 times in total.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14741
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:From the armoury Tap picks out the following items:

Leather armour
Silver cloak pin
Simple axe
Pirate hat

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13097
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:45 pm

Thanks!

User avatar
Narshe
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by Narshe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:54 pm

((Thinks, Tink grabbed the spear as well since no one hollered for it... Hope I'm not being greedy >_< Also thanks to my mudhoney blessing, I should have 6/6 HP))

Tink peers over the edge of the pool, wrinkling her nose at the smell. She squints her eyes to make out what she can in its murky depths. Seeing the mermaid-looking things, she tries to call out to them, "Hey, y'all, comfortable down there? We are the plumbing team that was sent out to inspect the sewage line here to see whether there are any clogs forming. Unfortunately we didn't know about that big ol' hornets nest or this pool. Could you help us get across safely and into the chute? Maybe we can help you too!".

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14741
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:14 pm

TAP waves at the merpeople. "How are you friends?"

Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by Runsaround » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:57 am

Holds nods along.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13097
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:51 am

Narshe wrote:((Thinks, Tink grabbed the spear as well since no one hollered for it... Hope I'm not being greedy >_< Also thanks to my mudhoney blessing, I should have 6/6 HP))
Cool, I'll get that updated.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14741
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 am

I also drank from the mudhoney, but i am not sure if that increased my max hp or not

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13097
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:15 am

The mudhoney effects are whatever PD said they were in the GAL HQ update. A permanent HP increase is just one of the possible effects. If you let me know what effect the mudhoney had on TAP I'll add it to your stats.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14741
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:01 am

I has a mud honey shield that I can summon for 4 rounds that provides 1 def. It stacks with other shields.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by nikohl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 am

All will let the others take the lead in the conversation for now, but will be ready to defend if they are suddenly swarmed by bees or if the merfolk turn out to be unduly grumpy.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13097
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Turn 1

Image

"Hey, y'all, comfortable down there? We are the plumbing team that was sent out to inspect the sewage line here to see whether there are any clogs forming. Unfortunately we didn't know about that big ol' hornets nest or this pool. Could you help us get across safely and into the chute? Maybe we can help you too!".
"Who are you calling a hornet?! "
"Yeah!"
"What's a hornet?"

One of the water creatures pops up to the surface of the pond, but before it can do anything, one of the hornet-things dive bombs it and it ducks back to the safety of the pool.

"How are you friends?"
"What makes you think THEY'RE your friends?! They're dicks!"
"Yeah!"
"What's a friend?"

Holds and All watch the conversation unfold.

---------------------------
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14741
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:41 pm

"Oh! My apologies! I was not quite expecting talking insects. Would you mind if we go into the sewers? And I can be your friend if you want."

User avatar
Narshe
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 1)

Post by Narshe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:47 pm

"Oh, 'hornet' is the latest posh slang," Tink lies smoothly (she hopes). "Hip young humans like to call each other things like 'cat' and 'dog' as terms of endearment, and fashionable goblins do likewise with the name of their favorite insect - although it's hard to say what's my favorite insect, because hornets, *and* wasps are just so incredible!" She smirks at the mer-people.

"Anyway, I've got a job to do I suppose. Is there any way you could help us get across this water? When folks come out this way, how do*they* typically cross?"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 1)

Post by nikohl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:36 pm

"Why are they dicks, by the way?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13097
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 2)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Turn 2

Image

"Oh! My apologies! I was not quite expecting talking insects. Would you mind if we go into the sewers? And I can be your friend if you want."

"I don't care where you go, just don't destroy our hive!"
"Yeah!"
"Want to hear a joke?"

"Oh, 'hornet' is the latest posh slang, Hip young humans like to call each other things like 'cat' and 'dog' as terms of endearment, and fashionable goblins do likewise with the name of their favorite insect - although it's hard to say what's my favorite insect, because hornets, *and* wasps are just so incredible! Anyway, I've got a job to do I suppose. Is there any way you could help us get across this water? When folks come out this way, how do*they* typically cross?"

"Bullshit! You're as much a human as I am a hornet, which is not even a little! And no-one comes around here. Too stinky I suppose. Or else they just use the front door like normal people."
"Yeah!"
"How do bees brush their hair?"

"Why are they dicks, by the way?"

"You need a reason? Look at them! All blue and ugly! And they make the most horrendous noise if they get up to the air, so we keep them in check and make sure they stay under the water where they belong."
"Yeah!"
"With a bee-comb! Haha! No... I mean a honey-bee... awwww dammit."

---------------------------
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 2)

Post by nikohl » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:53 am

All dips her toe in the water to see if the mer-people seem annoyed by the intrusion, and waves for one to come up.

"Would you mind -not- keeping them in check for a minute and just... closing your ears if you don't like the noise? I want to see whether they mind us crossing the water too, since they live in it."

User avatar
Narshe
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 2)

Post by Narshe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Tink thinks for a minute. "If those mer-things are so terrible, why not take care of them permanently?"

"If we were to solve this problem for you, is there anything you could do for us in return? Also, please do as All has asked and hide, so we can get some idea of how to help you."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14741
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 2)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:15 pm

"Have you tried talking to them?"

Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 2)

Post by Runsaround » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:09 am

"Yeah. New people can be nice."
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13097
Location: Florida

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 3)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:01 pm

Turn 3

Image

"Would you mind -not- keeping them in check for a minute and just... closing your ears if you don't like the noise? I want to see whether they mind us crossing the water too, since they live in it."
"Pffft! No!"
"Yeah! I mean No! Yeah!"
"I don't think I have ears..."

All dips a toe in the water and gestures to the merfolk to come up, but is buzzed immediately by one of the angry wasp-things.

"Stay away from there!"

The merman ducks and then gestures to All to come into the pool.

"If those mer-things are so terrible, why not take care of them permanently? If we were to solve this problem for you, is there anything you could do for us in return? Also, please do as All has asked and hide, so we can get some idea of how to help you."
"Hah! NOW you're talking! I'm sure we could probably help you out... Yeah... We've got some cool insecty stuff I'm sure you could use."
"Yeah!"
"We have stuff?"

"Have you tried talking to them?"
"Yeah. New people can be nice."
"Why would we do that? They make a horrible noise! They stay down there and we run the show up here. That's how it works. We don't need to TALK to figure that out!"
"Yeah!"
"I like shows."

---------------------------
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14741
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 3)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 pm

"it could be quite plesant, beesides are you not tired of hovering above them all the time? Perhaps they can even help you."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 3)

Post by nikohl » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:48 am

"Alright, well, if we're going to help you you have to let us. So hang on a minute, and don't swoop at me again while I'm trying to help, okay?"

All sticks her head into the pool. If the merman is, in fact, a dick...then she will bash it in the face with her mace. But she's giving it the benefit of the doubt at first, and trusting in her handy nausea-fixing potion to deal with the fallout of having stuck her head into a nasty green pond.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 3)

Post by Runsaround » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:09 pm

Holds watches the mermaid for any sign of aggression, attacking if he sees any.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

User avatar
Narshe
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 3)

Post by Narshe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Tinkers winks at the hornet. "I'm sure we can work something out. Now, please get back - we need space so we can control the situation. You may hear the annoying noise for just a little bit while we're taking care of this, but remember that we're trying to find a long-term solution here. If we fail or if we need you, we'll holler out for you to come back."

With that, she equips her katana and stands ready.
  • If the mer-people hurt All (i.e. draw blood, she'll stab the nearest attacker) so that All can get free.
  • If All gets pulled in, Tink will jump in as well and demand an explanation, but hold off from the mer-people attacking unless they attack her first.
  • If All has the situation under control, she'll keep a lookout to make sure the hornets don't interfere, warning them that we can't help if they won't give us breathing room.

Post Reply