Fallout: Settlers (Year: 2277) - Open to Most

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Fallout: Settlers (Year: 2277) - Open to Most

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:21 pm

► Show Spoiler
Action:
Jamie will do her best to (together with Derek for guidance, if he's available) make sure things are running smoothly in the gardens. If the plants need water, water them, if there's weeds, get rid of them, if there's parasites, crop sickness, insects or whatever, try to find a way to deal with them. All in all give the plants the best care she can provide and ensure that there will be a plentiful harvest (or that the trees I think? mutfruit grow well and strong). She also does her best to inform every dweller about the seeds in the fruits, and indoctrinate into them that those seeds are to be saved for next years sowing.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:36 am

Carlton, looking for more intelligent people to help him with research for more power, that way it can be done quicker.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Will i get some answers from the prisoners before the next post?

Was waiting on their responses before posting an action.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Yeah, Badge and I have that mostly worked on and ready to go, but it's a holiday weekend here, so should go up soon, but not sure when.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:58 pm

Molly Harris: "So how can you be valuable to us? What are your skills? If you give good answers we may...consider not "getting rid" of you."

Wilbert Marsh: "Uhhh, we'd really appreciate not being 'gotten rid of' we've strong legs and backs, and are willing to do anything we can to help earn our place."
Edwin Griffith: "Not sure what skills you need, but we could certainly help protect you guys. Not asking you to trust us with guns yet, but give us some bats or clubs and we can help keep ghouls and critters away."
WM: "Or if you need people to scavenge for stuff... we're good at that."
EG: "Yeah, we can find and bring stuff back that you need."
WM: "Or... if it's something you want... I used to be a... ehm... bedroom slave... I... learned things."

MH: "How did you become slaves?"
WM: "I was born a slave."
EG: "I wasn't a slave, just a guy with no job and no money...wife left me for some city man, I was no good for her anyways."

MH: "What was the name of your slaver? "
WM: "Jake the Snake."

MH: "Is he still hunting you?"
WM: "Heh...nah, nah, he's dead, Brock killed him."

MH: "Might he come here?"
WM: "Jake's dead and gone, saw Brock's sledge exit the back of his skull. He had a brother, but he didn't keep slaves, so don't think he'd be looking for me."

MH: "How did you escape being slaves?"
WM: "We ran into Brock, he asked to chat over business with Jake, as soon as he got close though, Brock bashed in Jake's head. He strongly encouraged me and the other two slaves with Jake at the time to join him. One of the others said he'd rather be free... Brock turned his head to paste and told him he was free now."

MH: "What brought you into the company of Brock?"
WM: "Well, he freed me, so, I felt I owed him.  And after seeing what happens if you don't join, I didn't have much option."
EG: "Came through my town, killing everyone that stood against him, when he offered me a job or death, I joined up quick like. My wife was gone, and I didn't have much going for me, but I wasn't ready to die. "

MH: "We defended ourselves and killed your fellows, do you bear ill will to us now? "
WM: "Oh no, of course not, you did what anyone would have done. "
EG: "You've got more to fight for here than I've had to fight for in my entire life."

MH: "Were there any other in your band?"
WM: "Well, Brock used to belong to a bigger gang out east called the King of Clubs, but he moved out this way to find some new hunting grounds, he didn't talk about it much."
EG: "I think when he came out west, his crew was all Kings, but something happened to them before either of us were recruited. I got the sense they were wiped out, but he survived... I think that's where got that scar that took part of his ear."

MH: "Will they be coming to find you?"
WM: "Maybe, maybe not...I don't know how much Brock actually kept in contact with them, but they wouldn't know where he is technically."
EG: "And we aren't members of the Kings, don't think they'd even know we exist."

MH: "If that was all of you, did you have a base with gear we might be able to salvage?"
WM: "Brock kept us moving around, we'd... take... places, and stay there for a bit, then move on."
EG: "He might have had somewhere that he stashed stuff, but it wasn't anything he told me about."

MH: "Hmm... interesting... Well if you pass a trial period helping us we might be more willing to consider all this a misunderstanding."

WM: "Oh, thank you, thank you!"
EG: "We'll make sure you're not disappointed!"

Cecil largely observes while Molly questions the former raiders. They seem sincere in his estimation.

Molly and Cecil take a break from questioning the raiders to examine the folder they'd found on Brock's remains. The folder is pale, and somewhat inexpertly tanned, a few hairs till clinging to the leather. On closer inspection the pair of buttons lashed together to hold the flap closed seem to be carved from bone. Molly turns the folder over, and finds a strange rectangular image depicting two busts fused at the chest of the same armed man wearing a strange hat and carrying a sword. At diagonally opposite corners is a letter "K", and a series of joined circles mounted above a triangle. The image doesn't seem to be painted or stained on the leather of the folder, but somehow black ink or coloration had been added into the leather itself.

She unwinds the twine from the buttons and opens the flap. Inside are two pieces of parchment, the smaller of which is a simple note on faded paper, which reads:
Faded letter wrote:Brock,
Wilbur and I agree that you should continue to move further to the west.

J.R.

The second document is revealed to be a folded pre-war map, its detail and color faded with the passing centuries, the edges crumbled and many holes leaving sections of it missing. More recently added to the map in pencil is a squiggly line connecting "Columbus" and "Pitt", and above and below the line are many X's.

Cecil and Molly take the map to the raiders and question them on the locations depicted.

EG: "Well, the firehouse Brock wanted to raid that you guys had already claimed is in Millersport."

Edwin points at a spot on the map below the squiggly line, just south of the western most X.

WM: "That line must be I-70... we crossed south of that when we came from Ebron... do you think that's what's marked here as Hebron?"

EG: "That seems about right..."

Realizing this means nothing to the vault dwellers, he clarifies.

EG: "I-70 was a mighty road, lifted up above the land, that let people travel back and forth in 'automobiles'. It's mostly crumbled now, but some folks set up camps up above the forest, out of the reach of yao gui and the like... look, this must be Heat and New Ark."

He indicates the second and third west most X's on the map.

WM: "Those were the last three places we were, before arriving here... had you not stopped him, Brock might have been putting an X on Millersport."

EG: "I'm glad you guys were able to put an end to him..."

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Molly thinks on what they told us and the map, having them prove themselves first and joining the vaults seem the best ideas as the seemed truthful enough, but letting them go out and scavenge meant they could just run away if unsupervised and giving them any types of weapon at the moment was just a no go...

Seeing as people had planned to update the the health services this coming season and to get it done before winter the more people the better and they were already down here she thinks the best course of action is for herself and these new potential vault members to help update the thing. Even if they just had to do the heavy lifting. During the three months see will also try and get them to tell her more about the other settlements/cities, What they are like, how many people things they might have,want or trade. As maybe an expedition in spring to one might be a good idea.

Molly also see's if she can recruit anyone else to help with the upgrade.
She also keeps her eye Wilbert as she was interested in what he means by he learned things as a bedroom slave.

Also as she is not working on the brahmin cart she recommends use it for scavenging more building materials to see how it holds up.

Raiders: 8- Join on a trial basis.
Prggers: 2- Less strenuous work
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Wasting time Klik
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Wasting time Klik » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:24 pm

Supervoter Option 1 : D, H K3, K5

Option 2 : 4 if upgrade finished if not stay on research

Option 3 : 8

Option 4 : 2

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:36 am

Yepp, 2 for pregnant people from me as well.

And thanks for clarifying. I'm not trying to cause any trouble, I'm just saying most people - even when assigned to jobs - will speak up when they feel ill, and go "home" and rest, if they need it. Ofc, that's probably hard to put into a dice roll.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:51 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:00 am

Mmmh, while I am reluctant... Changing my Raider vote to 8, too... Benefit of the doubt.

EDIT : Another suggestion for the next vote...

Scavenge for valuables (Kind of like the search for building material or food, but more like to find things which could have a good trade value, like caps, weapons, pre-war-technology, etc.).

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:06 am

We definitely need to get some kind of trade-goods together, although winter might be a bad time to scavenge for them - given our poor performance in cold weather we might want to spend next turn indoors: we've got another level to pump out, a reclaimed one to bring back into use and we can probably process materials indoors as well...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:27 am

First in case it wasn't obvious for the medical upgrade - We make sure we have the tech part from the firehouse. Send out the cart as a test to bring it and anything to or from the firehouse we need like the fusion cell.

@the colonel: Given that our dwellers do not have a common sense trait as such and merely the will of the computer/voters,
the way i read it is all or materials are outside and we'd need to turn on the recycling part of our power to do that indoors, but we maybe able to get some done that way.
I agree more indoor work is better for winter, so assigning people to sick bay (looks like some are near death), pumping, research, and cleaning.

As Feytala mentioned scavenging i'm hoping instead of another vote option we actually combine the searches once team work research is finished, maybe with a prioritized order. That way if we find a haul of stuff what ever it is we take what is needed/wanted/most valuable first. After nearly 3 year(?) we may have exhausted the things closest by.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:53 am

Patdragon wrote:First in case it wasn't obvious for the medical upgrade - We make sure we have the tech part from the firehouse. Send out the cart as a test to bring it and anything to or from the firehouse we need like the fusion cell..
Given what happened last time we tried to salvage a fusion cell, we might want to add their handling to our energy research before we mess with this one - vault dwellers and firehouses alike are in finite supply...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:33 am

This fusion core was safely removed, and can easily be carried back to the Vault. The only thing that prevented that previously was the siege of the firehouse. It wouldn't even be necessary to send the cart to pick it up, they are quite small.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:51 am

spiderwrangler wrote:This fusion core was safely removed, and can easily be carried back to the Vault. The only thing that prevented that previously was the siege of the firehouse. It wouldn't even be necessary to send the cart to pick it up, they are quite small.
► Show Spoiler
Okay ... I just recalled a similar incident in the past where we tried to salvage a fusion core and it destroyed itself, the vehicle it was being removed from, the salvage team and, I think, some buildings.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:58 am

There was a tractor that still had a charged core, that detonated when the dweller attempted to start it. It was not an issue in this case.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:00 am

spiderwrangler wrote:There was a tractor that still had a charged core, that detonated when the dweller attempted to start it. It was not an issue in this case.
Yep ... just looked that up myself. Seems that I was suffering from phantom terrors - what my grandma would have called "a dead cat in the greenhouse".

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:10 am

The issue was "leaping before they looked", but as we've mentioned, these dwellers are "untrained" in any way whatsoever.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:09 am

Cecil was very happy to see a map, and the info about the nearby cities from the EX-raiders.

He believes them so far and he will accept them on trial basis.

Raiders 8
Pregnant 4

For the next season:
Cecil will do what he can to assist with researching teamwork.
If that actually gets finished he will help with cleaning up the new found level.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Votes will close at noon tomorrow.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:06 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:56 pm

Ill change my j4 forward base vote to h upgrade health services on the assumption that others will help me with the firebase next season

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:27 am

Votes will be closing shortly for anyone else that wants to vote or alter their previous vote. are closed for Autumn.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:57 pm

This week is crazy busy for me, I will get an update in when it's possible, sorry for those who are waiting on this, but at least the wait is worth it right?