Converses Frequently

Re: Fallout: Settlers (Year: 2277) - Open to Most

Post by Feytala » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:33 am

No worries.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:50 pm

**Notice to players: Badge's level of busyness at work has not really let up, so for the time being he will not be able to operate in his role as the weaver of stories. In an attempt to not let this game die (we have soooooo much in store for you!), I am, for now, going to attempt to take on both roles. This past semester I was also working more hours than usual, but I should be back to normal this spring. Our hope is that Badge will be able to step back in when work allows it.

I am currently working on the update for Summer, with Fall voting options.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:02 am

Thanks for the update and all the hard work you just accepted. Unfortunately life happens so hopefully Badge is able to resume soon. Thanks again for this game :) eagerly awaiting the update :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:45 pm

((What's this?! An update!?))

Summer

.[tabs: Food and Water]
Food:
2036 clean units - 88 units + 9 units + 13 units + 23 units = 1993 clean units
82 irradiated units = 82 irradiated units

Water:
1982 clean units - 88units = 1894 clean unitsÔÇ» ÔÇ»ÔÇ»
31 irradiated units = 31 irradiated units
2 Nuka Cola

[tabs: Armory]
Ranged Weapons:
  • 10mm Pistol [D] (x3)
  • .308 Hunting Rifle [D] (x3)
  • Pipe Pistol [C] (x1)
  • Sawed-off Shotgun [D] (x2)
  • Pistol [G]
  • Pipe Pistol [C]
  • Shotgun [C]
  • Rifle [E]
  • Pistol [D]
  • Shotgun [D]
  • Pistol [D]
  • SMG [C]
  • Rifle (x1)

Melee Weapons:
  • Baseball Bat [D] (x3)
  • Rusty Knife [C]
  • Nasty Combat Knife [L]
  • Security Baton [C]
  • Shiny Fire Axe [G]
  • Battered Sword (x1)

Clothing/Armor:
  • "Vault 50" vault suit (362)
  • Armored vault suit (x7)
  • Rad-suit (x7)
  • Battered leather armor (x1)
  • Worn Leather Boots (x4)
  • Light Leather Armor (x2)
  • Reinforced Leather Armor (x1)
  • Threadbare Suit
  • Worn Leathers x5
  • Faded Fatigues
  • Leather Harness x2
  • Flannel shirt and jeans (x2)
  • Crumpled Fedora
  • Leather Duster (x1)
[/list]

[tabs: Building Supplies]
Building Scrap:
115 unitsÔÇô 34 units + 14 units= 95 units

Building Materials:
28 units + 9 units - 17 units ÔÇô 4 units + 3 units =ÔÇ» 19 unitsÔÇ»
Tech Material=ÔÇ» 2 unitsÔÇ»

Aid:
  • Stimpak x 5
  • Radaway x 4
  • Jet (x1)
  • Psycho (x1)

Crops: Each dweller assigned to tend crops can tend 10 units of crops (15 units if utilizing gardening equipment). Each unit of crop may contain multiple plants, and together produce 1 unit of clean food during harvestable seasons.
  • 9 Mutfruit (will bear fruit Spring, Summer and Fall each year)
  • 14 ÔÇô 1 = 13 Tato (bears fruit in Summer and Fall)
  • 13 ÔÇô 1 = 12 Melon (bears fruit in Fall)
  • Seed = 7 mutfruit, 9 tato

Miscellaneous:
  • Bottlecaps (x26)
  • Brahmin Cart: Usable for hauling, may be improved with further effort
  • A pale leather folder, the flap held shut with twine looped between two white buttons
  • Gardening Equipment x 3
  • Valuable Materials (+67 VM)
  • Faded Letter

Firehouse:
  • 0 BM + 9 units ÔÇô 8 units = 1 unit
  • 92 BS ÔÇô 21 units = 71 units
  • Fusion Core

[tabs: Research]
Current:
033 + 34 = 67/100 - Construction Methods
122 + 25 = 147/200 - First Aid
049/150 - Distance Talkers
037/100 - Searching
0 + 024/100 - Energy Conservation
012/??? - Vaults

Completed:

100/100 - Teamwork
200/200 - Removal of water from lower levels
100/100 - Upgrade Health Services to Lvl 2.
100/100 - Material Transportation
100/100 - Scrap Organization
250/250 - Power Generation

[tabs: Construction]
Current:
120 /200 - Towers (4x) - One at each corner of the wall
073+54= 127/200 - Wall ÔÇô This is a initial wall around the center of what the Computer hopes will be a much larger compound. This wall will encircle about 4 acres of land within 4 walls. (The vault entrance takes up a good chunk of this area)
000/200 - Motorized Pump ÔÇô This device would allow the pump to be plugged into the main power network of the vault meaning that it would work at a better rate than when manned by dwellers.
Structures/Houses - There are currently 0 structures that could act as housing or for storage of materials. Currently, all building materials, scrap, etc are stored open to the air and elements.
039 + 20 = 59/150 - Firehouse Forward Base ÔÇô work has begun on converting the firehouse into an outpost
00/75 - Firehouse wall - A small wall to enclose a small dirt lot north of the Firehouse.
008/??? - Clearing Land- clearing more land will allow for more space for building or farming.
0 + 024 = 24/250 Biomass generator

Completed:
100/100 - Manual Pump ÔÇô With 2-4 dwellers assigned to this device, the water can be slowly removed from the lower levels.
100/100 - LookOuts ÔÇô One at the bridge as it leaves the island, the other near the vault, currently set into the wall which is incomplete. (Will act as one of the gates for the entrance once wall is complete
034/??? - Brahmin Cart ÔÇô able to be used to pull materials, and used to till fields with modification
100/100 - Health Services Upgrade (requires 1 Tech Material to complete) - will allow greater levels of healing while HS is active.
035 + 67 = 100/100 - Level 4 Cleanup ÔÇô this floor had been partially flooded, and traces of the irradiated water and muck need to be removed before it is safe to inhabit once again.

[tabs: Characters]

Burns ÔÇô Charton Rowe (Male, 34 years old)
(S: 4, P: 4, E: 4, C: 4, I: 5, A: 3, L: 7)
Gathers ÔÇô Jamie Knight (Female, 36 years old)
(S: 4, P: 6, E: 5, C: 5, I: 6, A: 5, L: 6)
PatDragon ÔÇô Molly Harris (Female, 39 years old)
(S: 4, P: 5, E: 6, C: 6, I: 7, A: 4, L: 6)
NotStickFigures ÔÇô Cecil Hunter (Male, 35 years old)
(S: 3, P: 5, E: 3, C: 7, I: 5, A: 3, L: 5)
  • Vault Pamphlet
[/tabs]

[AREA EXPLORED]

In an odd turn of events that has dwellers puzzled at first before they shrug it off and return to daily business as usual, Alexis Carson wakes from her year long coma, and seems a bit confused at first when people refer to her as "Kis". She returns to work as usual.

Molly and Cecil join forces, and managed to convince seven of their fellow dwellers to join them in working to construct a wall.

Chlartlton recruits four dwellers, including a few of the pregnant among them, to assist in researching ways to improve their power usage.

Jamie, in her quest to learn more about first aid and medicine, recruits two dwellers to her cause.

As the early heat of summer begins to hammer down, the Computer assigns the remaining dwellers to the tasks needed to maintain proper function of the Vault. With the recent discovery of means of producing additional power, four dwellers are assigned to work on a biomass generator. Food is a constant concern, so eight dwellers in total are assigned to tend to the crops planted the previous season. Four each are assigned to guard duty and to spend the summer in Health Services. Four dwellers are assigned to research more advanced construction techniques, and seven are assigned to scrap reclamation. The final four dwellers at the Computer's disposal are assigned to exploration of the 4th floor.

The crew working on adding to the wall have a very productive summer, though not without a few mishaps. A torrential summer rain washed out a portion of the wall, damaging some of their work, and resulting in some minor injuries to those working on it at the time. The worst injuries happened to one of the elderly Vault dwellers, whose legs went out from under him as a portion of the wall fell on his left leg, severely spraining his knee. By the end of the summer, he was back on his feet, though moving more slowly and with a bit of a limp.
Setbacks aside, they did manage to nearly double previous progress, getting about two-thirds of the area around the Vault entrance enclosed. All told, they used 17 units of building materials in their efforts.

Charon and his recruited dwellers start looking into means of conserving and improving their energy usage, early on, they hit on techniques to improve the functional lifespan of fusion cores, and between a bit of research among the texts in the library and some experimentation, are well on their way to getting more use out of any fusion cores they find in the future.

Jaime and her assistants continue practicing their use and research of first aid skills, and are getting quite confident in their ability to handle minor injuries without needed to rely entirely on the autodocs in Health Services.

A small group of dwellers gets to work on constructing a biomass generator, clearing and leveling land just inside the previously constructed wall in order to keep it a bit more protected from attack and weather. In total, they use 4 units of Building Materials.

The group of dwellers exploring the 4th floor manages to find some goodies down there now that radioactive water flooding the level is no longer the major concern. They find 2 units of Tech Materials that can be put to use on more complicated systems in the future, as well as 3 units of Building Materials, and 14 units of Scrap. One of the dwellers endeavors to open one of the sealed rooms, eventually succeeding, only to be met with a deluge of radioactive water and the decayed bodies of two dwellers who had been sealed inside. Apparently, some of the sealed rooms closed after the water flooded in, or weren't a good seal against the water.

Those on farming duty spent the summer toiling away, tending to the crops. A few units of plants were lost, but the majority of tato and melon continued to grow and put on mass, the tato beginning production this summer, and 13 units of food being able to be harvested. Likewise, the mutfruit continued to produce fruits as the trees continue to grow. They farming dwellers were able to collect 4 units of mutfruit seed, and 9 units of tato seed from the crop.

The dwellers working on improving the firehouse ran into the issue of not having any Building Materials on hand, and stock being low over all with the many projects underway. So rather work to transport material from the Vault and possibly leave other projects short, they work on constructing usable Building Material from the Building Scrap they had on hand. They manage to turn 21 units of Building Scrap into 9 units of Building Materials over the course of the summer, 8 of which are put to immediate use in fortifying the Firehouse.

Those on guard duty had a pretty busy summer, but overall managed to keep the Vault safe. During the hottest and most humid days of the summer, bloodbugs became a real nuisance, venturing out every night in search of dwellers caught out alone. A handful of dwellers got bit up pretty bad before they started taking extra precautions. It wasn't long until a curfew was established until the bloodbug presence abated a bit. One upside to the insect incursion was the harvesting of 23 units of meat from the pests. The one dark point on the guards season was two of them who were patrolling at night and ran into one another, each mistaking the other for a foe and opening fire. Luckily, neither was killed, but they both sustained injuries that sidelined them for a while.

Of the four dwellers assigned to Health services, the two suffering from physical injuries improved dramatically. The other two both pregnant dwellers, assigned to Health Services over concern of low level radiation exposure. One of the pregnant dwellers made decent strides toward recovery, the other one did not improve and reports from the autodocs showed declining survival probabilities for both mother and fetus.

The dwellers researching advanced Construction Methods made impressive progress, having discovered some new means to further extend the building materials more efficiently.

Those assigned to scrap reclamation are working hard to stay ahead of the construction crews, managing to turn 34 units of scrap into 9 units of Building Material.

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Cecil will continue to work on the walls into the Fall. It's a huge job, but he wants to get as much done as possible before the winter.

Vote 2 for pregnant dwellers.

Have we located the Hydroponic Farms yet?

Also, Cecil knows he doesn't have a vote in what the computer system is set for...but he will advocate to others who have a vote, trying to push his cause.

He wants to try something new. We usually keep it on Health Services, but no one is really injured at the moment, so let us try powering up the barracks/armory area.
It could get us some new weapons or ideas for weapons. Let us at least see what the computer can do when working in that direction!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:18 pm

NotStickFigures wrote:Also, Cecil knows he doesn't have a vote in what the computer system is set for...but he will advocate to others who have a vote, trying to push his cause.
Just to clarify, Cecil doesn't have a say in it, as it is automated based on the dictates of the computer. So Cecil has no one to lobby to, but you are welcome OOC to try to convince the players who are voting on the Computer's priorities to consider it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:59 pm

After doing a decent amount of work in the summer on the wall Molly is now beginning to feel a little less active being pregnant and all.

As such in extra preparation for when the time comes she will aid people in learning and researching first aid.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:14 am

?Have I gone super yet?
In the meantime:
Work assignments: L1 + L7 + L8 (let's make the most of the weather whilst we have it)
Power: 1 (can't see any reason to change and plenty of benefits from staying)
Expectant Mothers: 2 (a sane compromise)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:22 am

The_Colonel wrote:?Have I gone super yet?
Sure! If not for number of times posting, then based on patience with my update speed!

Same goes for any other regulars that haven't been presented with super voter status, or the option to take over a dweller if they would like to instead.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:18 am

The_Colonel wrote:?Have I gone super yet?
In the meantime:
Work assignments: L1 + L7 + L8 (let's make the most of the weather whilst we have it)
Power: 1 (can't see any reason to change and plenty of benefits from staying)
Expectant Mothers: 2 (a sane compromise)
In that case, with my "super vote" I'll add an R4 - remote communications would be useful, if only to improve co-ordination between the firebase and the vault. Plus, when we get a receiver up ... well, who knows who might already be broadcasting?

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:23 am

NotStickFigures wrote:Cecil will continue to work on the walls into the Fall. It's a huge job, but he wants to get as much done as possible before the winter.

Vote 2 for pregnant dwellers.

Have we located the Hydroponic Farms yet?

Also, Cecil knows he doesn't have a vote in what the computer system is set for...but he will advocate to others who have a vote, trying to push his cause.

He wants to try something new. We usually keep it on Health Services, but no one is really injured at the moment, so let us try powering up the barracks/armory area.
It could get us some new weapons or ideas for weapons. Let us at least see what the computer can do when working in that direction!
...if feeling practical, Cecil may be able to investigate weapon mods on his own cognisance ... alternatively, to help get more power systems online perhaps he could try some PC leadership in bringing the biomass generator into action. Once we have extra systems power we can have more latitude in what we turn on. Not trying to give anyone orders here, but either course of action might get you to where you want to be faster...

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Preggers: 2

Jamie will try and find the origin of the blood bugs, but not eliminate it (= very cautious scouting only).
They seem to be a decent source of meat, maybe the vault dwellers can just learn to a) avoid them when we don't want contact and b) trap and kill them additional (non-radiated) food source.
If she can do something additional to finding the nest/hive/whatever, she'll look into game trapping.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:58 am

Time for moar power conservation!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 am

There's what I have so far...

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:55 am

With only one non-character voter, things are a bit patchier than usual, so I'm going to hold off a while longer to see if a few more folks jump in and post.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:43 pm

ohhh its back .... let me catch up. Sorry didnt see it was back after those months of hiatus

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:52 pm

ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»
M.2. Assign sick, damaged, or irradiated dwellers to recuperation in Health ServicesÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»
M.3. Assign a group of dwellers to guard dutyÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»
L.7. Outfit firehouse as forward baseÔÇ»
L.9. Build biomass-generator

Voting Options:
1. Do not changeÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»ÔÇ»

Voting Options for Pregnant Dwellers:
2. Assign them to less strenuous jobs

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:55 pm

So... uhm... any chance that this gets continued?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:31 am

Yes and no. I talked to Spider this morning and we are in the process of brainstorming some changes and plan on revamping the game so that when we get busy it can continue because its not as difficult to keep going like it is now. We would like the players help in this process by giving any ideas you might have. Things you liked, things you don't like. We'll be in touch.