OOC/LORE for The Age of Dragons (Recruitment OPEN)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: OOC/LORE for The Age of Dragons

Post by Quarg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:06 am

BadgeAddict wrote:To your presence? Indeed, plus she said she wanted to continue the conversation with "Person". I too am waiting for Thinks to reply... :D
To Sha actually...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:06 am

Sorry folks, I'll get to it soon I promise! I can't do anything much from the office today, but I'll post when I get home.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:07 am

no worries thinks. :D
Life is busy..I think for lots of people right now...Hopefully summer will lighten peoples schedules.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:07 pm

I feel like this is like game of thrones.

Two dragons go off on their own, and they get bogged down administrating their own stuff while the plot carries on without them.

Not complaining mind you.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:46 am

which two? ^^
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:56 am

Me and my brother. It's even more like game of thrones.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:43 am

Isn't everyone doing their own thing?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:45 am

Mostly yes.

Thinks, Theis, Quarg and "Person" are flying north <--- It's probably because of how fabulous Krazk is, she just draws Roadies. :D
Gathers and Burns are talking to the Dryad

And the brothers Grimm are..starting an empire of kobolds...in a dark cave somewhere...

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:30 am

You do all realize we can 'talk' to each other within line of sight?
so Cyrano isn't out of range of conversation of either of the other dragons.
Or about 12.3 miles is our conversational distance when flying at 100 feet...
Or 35.7 Kilometers when flying at 100 meters (Yes those are not the same measurements)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:44 am

Quarg is correct, and thank you for such a wonderful mathematical approach..

You Can:
Conversation can be had within line of sight.
Conversation can be had with other "known" individuals at a distance, but it requires you to "try harder" (kind of like meditation)

You Can't:
Converse with someone that you've never met unless within line of sight. (examples: Burns trying to talk with dryad before meeting her, Runs/Spider trying to talk to the kobolds from around the corner)
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:40 am

RIght, but Cyrano is deliberately flying above and behind us and hasn't spoken. I assumed from that that he didn't want to engage us right now.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:08 am

thinkslogically wrote:RIght, but Cyrano is deliberately flying above and behind us and hasn't spoken. I assumed from that that he didn't want to engage us right now.
Actually he's curious about the human but is worried about a magical human trap of some kind.

My note was that Cyrano's action was more like someone in the room who hasn't spoken yet.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:39 am

Given that you can speak within line of sight....you are in the room.. :D

though, perhaps instead you are hiding in the corner whilst everyone else is almost in the hallway...

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:24 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Given that you can speak within line of sight....you are in the room.. :D

though, perhaps instead you are hiding in the corner whilst everyone else is almost in the hallway...
Outside of the potential blast radius...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:38 pm

:(

It's like you don't trust me...

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:13 pm

BadgeAddict wrote::(

It's like you don't trust me...
Evil GMs assume all other GMs are evil GMs...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 am

@Burns: The Dryad told you that (as far as she knows) the Coven dwells in a seaside cliff on the southern shore.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:56 pm

So is there any point that's easy to find again nearby? A clearing, a big rock, a distinctive tree or something? Also, how late is it?
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:25 am

Remember what Quarg said about line of sight being 30+ miles if you are at a certain altitude. You could very well simply fly back towards where you left off and as long as you hug the shore, would be able to find each other.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:03 am

OOC:

All right, that was a weird reaction... Why the hell did they happily wave us down for lunch if they're still so angry about being murdered by dragons at some point in the past?!
The weird reaction will be explained later, IF/When you decide to fly to the capital and speak with the ruler..things will become more clear.
The anger was in reaction to your statement but we remember all too well how violent your kind can be.

Also, that "war" is brand new information to me!

Actually what you know about the war (assumed knowledge) is very biased towards dragons. And of all people, your mother, who dislikes humans, would not have corrected this misinformation, the Queen who was in the Great wars, probably wouldn't undermine DragonKind, even if she knew. The fact that the Great Wars happened, is not new information, the new information is that Dragons terrorized humans, which....is not something that Dragons really talk about.... (It's a two-sided argument about who's right, etc)

Would Krazk not have known that what he's talking about? She spent 20-odd years studying their history and culture - a full-blown war between dragons and humans seems like the sort of thing she might know about (or do I need to make history checks before every conversation?).

Again, the information you do have is biased towards dragons. I have talked about the Great Wars before....and yes, humans went beyond just defending themselves to actually hunting dragons down and killing them. Though the argument would be that, assuming all humans are dragon killers is like assuming that all dragons are human killers.
You do not need to make history checks before conversations, and if you ever feel as though I'm taking advantage of something you think you should know, then talk to me and we'll figure this out.

On the most part, his reaction to you was based on what and how you said what you said.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:13 am

I'm confused. The witches tell Az to leave, and when he tries to actually do so, they won't let him? Is that because of some sort of blunder on Az's part (landing without permission, failed charm check when talking to them in the first place, talking to them after being told to leave, not taking off fast enough because of some flight check fumble) or didn't they even want to give him a chance to do this peacefully?

@ burns: do you want Sapphire to interfere? Az "asked" to talk to their leader, after all, maybe they are just taking him to them. And the magical shackles are just a "precaution" for the audience. :shrug:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:35 am

The witches are not nice people...and I was not subtle when I told you about them...the witches are not nice people....they serve "someone" who is "bad".....I gave you this information

Someone...cough"burns"cough.....wanted to land and lolligag about, asking questions....

but then...then he asked to speak to their leader.....so, maybe they're giving him what he asked for.

But, again, if you think that I'm reaching...then you can talk to me about it, and I am willing to listen and maybe even make changes...as I've said before, I do forget things now and then.

I do want to make sure that all of you are having fun...so, if fun is happening anymore...talk to me, my intention is not to run you out of a game because you hate what I'm doing.

But...at the same time...I would ask that often times you be patient with me...as there is a bigger story behind the surface that you won't see until it smacks you in the face..

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:53 am

BadgeAddict wrote: And of all people, your mother, who dislikes humans, would not have corrected this misinformation, the Queen who was in the Great wars, probably wouldn't undermine DragonKind, even if she knew. The fact that the Great Wars happened, is not new information, the new information is that Dragons terrorized humans, which....is not something that Dragons really talk about.... (It's a two-sided argument about who's right, etc)
Hang on, Krazk's mother DISLIKES humans? But she lived with them and formed a cult!

Also, we're centuries-old dragons. Are we as a race so close-minded that we can't recognise that everyone does bad shit during a war that will leave bad feeling on both sides? Speaking of which, how long HAS it been since these wars? Because this chieftain guy is angry like we ate his kids, but everything you've said so far made it sound like the war happened "long ago" (which in dragon terms must be several human generations no?). I find it hard to believe he'd care THAT much without having suffered some sort of personal loss, but that doesn't make sense under what I understand of the timeline and the lifespans of different races...
On the most part, his reaction to you was based on what and how you said what you said.
RIght... But that's kind of where I'm relying on Krazk's charm bonus a bit to take the edge off anything that might be taken the wrong way :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:06 am

Dragons.....are a bit ego-centric...yes..

Pantera dislikes humans in the...."Serve me I am your master" kind of way.... She thought of herself as...above them...so, it's not like she didn't mind when they worshiped her...but that didn't make her think that they were like equals...

The 1st great war was about 750 years ago, the 2nd great war was perhaps 550 years ago.

Okay, let's examine your statement... "but we remember all too well how violent your kind can be."
Krazk was only told stories about humans hunting and killing dragons....which did happen, but by your own words, you shouldn't be able to be angry about dragons that were killed as if they were your parents or your children.

Humans know what dragons are...and the knowledge of the great wars have been passed down from generation to generation. And these stories have evolved over the years, the actual truth of what happened lies entirely with the dragons who witness the wars, because they remember it, because they were there.

So, when you talk about how "violent His kind was"...he's reminded of the violence of dragons against humans...not that he was there, but that because his father told him stories that his father had told him and so on, back to those who actually lived during that time. There were atrocities performed by dragons upon the human race. (mostly like dragons who are currently in a cave, raising a kobold army and being evil and stuff)...imagine that, evil dragons..who knew. ;)

So...when you talked about "how violent humans are" you set him off, because he can't comprehend how you can say such a thing without knowing how violent dragons are.

As for what you didn't ask as to how he knows you are children....well, that would be an answer you'll get if you travel to the capital...

As to...krazk not knowing this information....Dragons are......very self-important...they are one of the older of the elder races....they think that they're shit doesn't stink..they are very full of themselves and they are pissed that humans were somehow able to kill a majority of them off...

The first of the great wars were between dragons who wanted to rule over humans and dragons who wanted to help humans...
The second great war was between humans and dragons....essentially humans trying to throw off their oppressors...viva la revolution

When it's all said and done, I ask that you trust me...if there is a potentially dangerous situation...you'll get plenty of warning...and subtle hints...mostly in the body language...I have great things planned for each of you....even you burns...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:27 am

Er...i was not expecting that reaction! I was trying to leave peacefully, but at least now we know witches are not to be trusted. I am sort of confused as to why they reacted in that way.