Goblin Diggers - Turn 11

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Goblin Diggers - Turn 11

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Diggersby will challenge Throws Hats to a challenge of luck.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:00 pm

I accept

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Diggersby challenges Throws to a game of luck!

Diggersby rolls a 2.
Throws rolls a 10.

Throws wins!

DC challenges Throws to the final Luck fight!

DC rolls a 9.
Throws rolls a 4.

And with that, our winner is Dislikes Choosing, who amiably strolls over to the diamond and grabs it!

Final stats:
Players
.[tabs: Diggersby]
Dlover's Diggersby
FANCY: Coal / HATE: Ruby
VP: 3
Resources: 3x coal, 2x Amethyst
Cards in Hand: 0 / 3
Cards Activated: 0 / 3

[tabs: Choked on coal]
Theis2's Choked on coal (yellow)
FANCY: Amethyst / HATE: Coal
Resources: 3x Emerald, 1x sapphire, 2x silver

[tabs: Throws Hats]
BadgeAddict's Throws Hats
FANCY: Emerald / HATE: Coal
Resources: 2x gold, 3x silver, 1x amethyst, 3x emerald

[tabs: Dislikes Choosing]
Krulle's Dislikes Choosing
FANCY: Iron / HATE: Ruby
VP: 13
Resources: 1x sapphire, 1x iron, 1 diamond
Cards Activated: 1 / 3, Pickaxe[/tabs]
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Well, the strategy of rushing for the diamond could have worked, but it seems it doesn't work well when there's a mass of boulders forcing you to take multiple extra turns getting around them. >:-P
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:31 pm

And that concludes game 1.

If you guys want a second run, I'll make some changes:
- I will increase the resource drop from 1-3 to 2-4. There weren't enough card trades or VP hoarding to make this challenging, in my opinion.
- I will make a bigger map with more of a maze like system so you can't just dig straight towards the diamond.
- I may even hide the diamond... :D
- I think I will put down small power ups ( = cards) on the map to incentivize more digging.

What do you say, hmm? :)

Also,
Please nominate the other players for the following titles!
Lucky, Unlucky, Strategist, Mean, Nice, Sneaky, Trader, CardMaster, ResourceHoarder.

(- Each title goes to the one who gets the most votes, even 1 vote wins if noone else is nominated.
- A player can receive one title only. If he wins multiple, he can select which one to keep.
- You don't have to vote for all titles if you don't think it fits anyone in the current game. There is 4 of you but 9 titles, so the bigger part of them won't be used anyway.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Throws for Resourcehoarder
Choked for Sneaky
Dislikes for Lucky (Since he won entirely through Luck challenges)
My game:

My characters:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:33 am

Inspired wrote:And that concludes game 1. I thought we would continue to 20VP? - my memory again?

If you guys want a second run yes, please!, I'll make some changes:
- I will increase the resource drop from 1-3 to 2-4. There weren't enough card trades or VP hoarding to make this challenging, in my opinion. I agree, but then there were so many traders available, there was no real incentive for trading with the other players. Possibly make the NPC traders slightly more expensive, so that it would become cheaper to trade with a player than with the NPCs.
- I will make a bigger map with more of a maze like system so you can't just dig straight towards the diamond.
- I may even hide the diamond... :D
- I think I will put down small power ups ( = cards) on the map to incentivize more digging. Yes, I'd like that.

What do you say, hmm? :) Thank You!

Also,
Please nominate the other players for the following titles!
Lucky, Unlucky, Strategist, Mean, Nice, Sneaky, Trader, CardMaster, ResourceHoarder
Larger game: yes please. I thought about letting the others run for the diamond and go for trade VP, but 10 VP for that alone, plus points along the way? Nah, too many points to win the direct way.
Although I also liked that we all had a final sprint for the diamond.

Lucky - for obvious reasons no nomination from me [edit:] at least not the obvious choice for me, but I do nominate Diggersby, he had the least ones thrown for ressources, he also threw four times a "3", just as TH did[/edit]
Unlucky : ones thrown for ressources: DC:4, Chokes:3 TH:3, Diggersby:2 - also no nomination from me. (it apparently payed off to get less ressources and the diamond in exchange)
Strategist : no nomination (there was no time to develop a strategy and play it)
Mean: Chokes (hate played vs TH, and DC)
Nice: inspired ( for having been very helpful and pointing out several errors I made, and things I overlooked. ) Among the players TH, who got a hate card against him, and did not exchange his last three silver for another VP, which would have guaranteed him 2nd place, while still not diminishing his win chance...

No other nominations from me....
(I tried to nominate each at least once, but since I gave inspired the nice, I ran into a problem. - but then I should've nominated a player )
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:52 am

I'll be do doing from future games to focus on my own and upcoming ones. Thank you for this it was fun while it lasted.... A suggestion at making it a little more interesting would be adding things you might find in a mine....

Such as:
Cave-ins that are placed at random or rolled to happen which cause a player to either lose a turn or be forced to re-dig a section.

I like the idea of hiding the diamond.

Walls that cannot be broken.

Natural caverns that open up the game area a bit faster (for bigger maps)

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:46 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I'll be do doing from future games to focus on my own and upcoming ones. Thank you for this it was fun while it lasted.... A suggestion at making it a little more interesting would be adding things you might find in a mine....

Such as:
Cave-ins that are placed at random or rolled to happen which cause a player to either lose a turn or be forced to re-dig a section.

I like the idea of hiding the diamond.

Walls that cannot be broken.

Natural caverns that open up the game area a bit faster (for bigger maps)
Nice suggestions!

I don't know about your screen sizes, but on my one, the current map seems to be big enough to fill most of the available space. It's 640x400 big iirc. I could extend it maybe to 700px, but I don't want to cut off any visible part of it, so players won't lose information by accident. So to make the map bigger my primary idea is to make "levels", you can go down to the next level at special points on the map. So I can have as many levels as needed, and still people won't be too lost as to know which part of the map they are on.

As for the caverns: Right now players have 1 movement point, more if they get shoes. The game area is crowded with resource tiles for a reason, that way you have more stuff to trade with. If I make empty areas to pass, that would result for players nothing to do for several turns, but to move along. Or shall it be so, increasing the base movement to maybe 3 tiles/turn?

Thank you everyone for playing and for the input, feel free to join in the upcoming turns if you feel like. I'll put the recruitment up once we finished with the voting (it's important, you will see:) )

Vote tally so far:
Throws Hats - Resourcehoarder (1), Nice (1)
Choked - Sneaky(1), Mean (1)
Dislikes - Lucky (1)
Diggersby - Lucky (1)