Hunters of Letrua OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14665

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Not close enough to any of the skills I'm focusing in to level, so I think I'll take the pet too for fun and hope it matures in time.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4506
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:45 pm

I think given Risu talks to beasts, she'd have to take a pet too, right?! :P Hopefully not a squirrel though, that could be confusing!! :lol:

Given Risu was a bit of a street rat / performer, I'm picturing an Aladdin and Abu type duo :lol:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Unfortunately I don't have any monkey-type beasts prepared. >.> Well, I'll announce what everyone's getting now, then. The list of possible results is (Felid, abschir, carionite, repkull, aeran), in that order. Rolling a die to decide for each person.

Burns: Repkull
Gathers: Carionite
Spider: Carionite
Synch: Repkull

... Wow, two carrionite, two repkull. That's kinda weird, but whatever. So those are the pets you'll be getting when it's suitable. Also, Thinks gets 3 SP in Toughness.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4733

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:02 am

Synch wrote:I think given Risu talks to beasts, she'd have to take a pet too, right?! :P Hopefully not a squirrel though, that could be confusing!! :lol:

Given Risu was a bit of a street rat / performer, I'm picturing an Aladdin and Abu type duo :lol:
What? But you already GOT two pets! No fair! >:-P
► Show Spoiler
And dear GM, that's not entirely true, you have some monkey on this page...
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:09 am

Yeah, Burns decided to take up the task of planning out some more monsters, since I've been busy working on an assignment all day. They'll need some refining before they're actually ready for use, though... Also, if Risu got such a monkey the general populace's reaction would be along the lines of "WHAT NEW HELL IS THIS THING?!" given that any new creatures I add will be things that live further out from the city, and are thus unrecognised.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4506
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:02 am

GathersIngredients wrote:What? But you already GOT two pets! No fair! >:-P
► Show Spoiler
That's because Risu is half Loki's size, and stabs people with toothpicks! :lol: :stab:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14665

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:04 am

Dlover wrote: Gathers: Carionite
Spider: Carionite
If they need to be fed live blood, I hope there aren't overly restrictive animal use protocols! I know some folks that have done research on ticks, bedbugs, and mosquitoes, it takes a lot of paperwork to get a rabbit or chicken you can let them feed on!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:41 am

"Animal use protocols" are "If you can keep it from killing people you can keep it." But carionites don't have to be fed on blood. Blood's more efficient for them, but they're primarily carrion eaters.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:48 am

What about the lizards? What do they eat?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14665

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:49 am

Suppose the name is a clue there, all I could remember was the rasping blood drinking tongue.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Repkull are carnivores. They mostly eat carrion, but will ambush prey too. ... You can look them up if you want, they're Komodo Dragons. Only difference is they can spit acid, which Komodos can't, and they don't produce venom, which komodos do.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Burns has been being a jerk and harassing me about money value. But I really don't want to do that properly, so I told them to do it for me. So. Even though I mentioned values with the job, I'm thinking of changing things to to a simpler system. It's a system of small, medium, and large purchases. A small purchase is for common items; clothing, food, weapons, armour, and such. A medium purchase is for things that are less common, such as enchanted items. A large purchase is something that's remarkably rare or difficult to acquire, including enchanted items which are produced using a Talent (Meaning they can't be replicated by others.)

I'm thinking the job will pay a small purchase for the one day, a medium for a second, and two medium for a third. Opinions?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 pm

Heeeeeeeeey. Don't pass what I made as yer creation, that's just rood. :p (I don't really care, just pickin on my buddy)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Hey, I flat out said I told you to do it for me.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:04 am

I am easy really, but similarly, you could just steal the money / item lists from a different game (e.g. DnD).

If you want to do purchases, its going to potentially get tricky for mundane items (e.g. food / ammo). Also, if we only earn 2 purchases, how do we split that between 3 of us?

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 am

I meant for the pay to be for each person. >.>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:34 am

Gotcha! I'm fine with whatever you want to try to be honest. If it doesn't work we can always try something else I guess :)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 am

I'm hoping this system will work. If this doesn't work we could adopt it from something else, as you say, but the options I know of have more precise currencies, and then I'd have more trouble trying to work out how much pay a job is worth.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4733

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 am

Hey, Dlover, I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying your game in general, but especially so lately - about since last week or so. I can hardly wait for the next update to happen.
That probably has a bit to do with the combination of a) a fight (of Loki) going on and b) some progress on the "magical" skills and c) the prospect of getting a pet (great idea for an "Easter special" there), but I thought it would only be fair to let you know.

Thank you so much for running this game for us and for making it this interesting. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

I might be biased but I like the game as well. I like most of the chars (even you, insane mind mage), the abilities, the magic (though I am super biased on this one).

Don't get too annoyed if dlover forgets how magic works again or tweeks it :lol: . Magic talents (thing you specilize in) is hidden like abilities. You might get clues as to what it is, in and out of character

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:55 pm

I'm glad to hear you like it! It's a fair bit of work to keep track of everything at times, as you've seen in this fight, with my complete flub on the damage you dealt, but it's fun to work on, regardless.

Burns is right as well. The magic system is something I forget pieces of, or try to improve and refine it, so it can get rather confusing for everyone involved. They've been a great help in improving it, though. Hopefully you can put up with it. >.> There's still the basic rule, though; Through Enchantment you force magical energy to follow rules you set, and your skill defines how many and how effective those rules are.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 am

Just waiting on an action from Synch to update.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4506
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 am

Sorry, during the week I can visit and post hourly at work, but I'm the weekend I'm lucky if I have time to visit once!

EDIT: And it was Anzac Day too so it was a hectic long weekend!
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11535
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:56 pm

We don't all have a lot of free time, it's no problem. You actually get busy for Anzac Day, though, eh? The only people I know who really do anything other than relax and reflect are those involved in the military or who work in big shops.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4506
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Yeah to me its another day at home where I have to give my wife a break and do a full day of Daddy duties/activities, no computer time. Work is my sanctuary! :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply