Hunters of Letrua OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:38 am

Finally got some time to properly think about an update, and... Good god am I glad past me made a program to run the combat. It's been long enough that I'd have to actually go and investigate what the process was if I didn't have that. XD

At the same time, though, the code for it is horrendous, I'm amazed it works. Kind of want to remake it at some point, but it'll hardly be an overnight job.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Just waiting on Spider for the combat group
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 pm

So, I recently changed computers, and that kinda means I have to get all the stuff I used for automating combat calculations set up again, plus work out if there are extra things I used with them to make it work... Took a bit of fiddling to get it working again, since it was made on an old version of Python where some of the code doesn't work anymore... But hey, I successfully have it running again! I think!
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:31 pm

yay for stuff running successfully! And I hope you are happy with your new computer. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:12 am

After much fiddling and a tech company losing it for a week, I am. For one thing, it boots up in under a minute, as opposed to the last one which would either fail to boot or take half an hour.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:03 am

Yeah... That's an improvement!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 am

A big one. XP
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Dlover wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 pm So, we just got back to things, but it may be a bit before I update again. I dunno. I got the news that our dog was being put down in the middle of this one, so I've pretty much distracted myself with finishing it off, but I can't say for sure how long this would affect me.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost one of my cats this year (I had two brothers, now I only have the other one "left", and I'm so glad he is still there), so I have a decent idea what it feels like to lose a beloved pet (and family member).
If you want to talk about it, feel free to PM me, I'm here to listen.
*hugs*
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:07 am

I'm alright. Well, not great, but there's not really anything for me to talk about. All considered, I think I internalise my grief relatively quickly, so I'll be fully functional in a day or two.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:14 am

Im sorry Dlover, losing a pet is really hard. Take your time.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:40 pm

Okay, I think it's time to face this properly. I've don't have any mid-term ideas where things are going with Hunters, and I'm failing to put any ideas together whenever I take the time to sit down and try to plan it out. I've got some short-term ideas, but there's not enough detail behind them to be workable at all, and while I've got some long-term ideas, it's not really feasible to get to them without any mid-term.

It's been a few months now since the last update, and knowing that I'm failing to put together any plans to keep things interesting for you all just feels like a lot of pressure, so maybe it's time to admit an end to Hunters. I'll keep considering options in my free time, and if I can build enough I may start things fresh again, but for now I just don't think I can maintain a suitably engaging story.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:57 pm

Well, seeing how the game started in December 2015, I think you did a great job keeping us entertained as long as you did. Thanks for all your effort and the fun I had with this game. :)
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 am

Yeah, I'm sorry to see it end, you've created a really evocative and interesting world, and been playing around with some interesting mechanics!

But if it's causing you more stress than enjoyment, none of us want that. Should you get inspired, or decide to rework it into something new, I'm in!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler