Hunters of Letrua OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:39 am

He is not constantly staring at her, but he is amazed at the whole riding the tail of a felid. Right now he is looking at tor when talking.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:43 am

Yeah but he did also ask to speak to her privately before and has given her a few odd looks now

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:50 am

how about in combat healing? Or something that makes you less likely to catch disease/poison/etc?
If you put a rune for a curative (or anti-dote) onto a container, would it be able to affect whatever liquid is in there to act like a potions? Like a "never-ending healing potions bottle" but you have to put [water] into it to make it work? That would be awesome.
Or healing rune covered bandages...

And I'm finding it a little hard to balance him being smart, and not showing it, and making him a dumbie. I mean I'm not sure if I could come up a way to say "I want something to make it less likely that enemies can hit me" that is "dumb". Evasion is kind of an educated word, as is accuracy. Or probability. Hrm. *scratches head*

But that's okay, maybe Loki is also struggling to find the "right" words to say. :lol:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:12 am

GathersIngredients wrote:I mean I'm not sure if I could come up a way to say "I want something to make it less likely that enemies can hit me" that is "dumb". Evasion is kind of an educated word, as is accuracy. Or probability. Hrm. *scratches head*
"Me no like get hit. Get hit give me ouchie. You help me no get hit?"

I can translate for you if you like. :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:06 am

that's kind of you, spider, but erm... I don't want him to seem -that- simpleminded. I mean Pan (from Pan & Yala in the goblins comic - think "hello for hi") is adorable, and I wouldn't mind Loki seeming adorable, but I don't want people to absolutely not consider his mental powers at all, as if they were non-existant. That would take it a bit too far, probably. If they just don't think he'd be easily able to outsmart people, that should be well enough.

I'm feeling like the "ouchie" I had him use is already a real stretch. That's why I said I'm having a hard time finding the right balance.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 am

Even fumbles knows how to declare dodge :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:52 am

ooooh, dodge! That's great. A nice small, easy enough word. Thanks for the hint, thinks. :)
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:56 am

No problem :) if it were me, I'd probably just describe the effect I'd want the rune to have (like asking for armour that no weapons can get through would tell the gm you want higher def, and to send in an npc to temper your pcs expectations :)) Also, and this might just be me, but I'd limit your pcs imagination if they're meant to be stupid (E. G. A low int character might only ask for help against things they've already encountered).

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:06 pm

yeah, that's kinda the point. Loki isn't stupid. He pretends to be "not the sharpest tool in the shed" in order to get his enemies/opponents to underestimate him. Since I - and probably he, too, don't know if in the area anyone will be pitted against each other, or against the demons only, he's keeping his act up for you guys, too, for the time being. ^^
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:01 pm

Which could in turn lead to issues for him if he ends up torn between the "smart / good idea" and keeping up appearances :) it could be really interesting to play as a character!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:32 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:how about in combat healing? Or something that makes you less likely to catch disease/poison/etc?
If you put a rune for a curative (or anti-dote) onto a container, would it be able to affect whatever liquid is in there to act like a potions? Like a "never-ending healing potions bottle" but you have to put [water] into it to make it work? That would be awesome.
Or healing rune covered bandages...
I don't think the potion idea would work primarily because the effect applied to the contents would wear off before taking effect. Restorative bandages would work, though, if slowly.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:33 pm

how about a rune that would make the contents hot? Like boiling water or something. That's nasty and would probably make a few opponents think twice. And the water wouldn't lose heat that quickly, unless in a really cold environment.

can you put runes onto something, so everything that hit it would be turned into stone? Or liquid? or be set on fire? So many possibilities... o:)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Possibilities are the purpose. You couldn't turn something to stone or liquid, but you could set things on fire.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:29 pm

how does Julius know anything about what Ally may or may not eat?)
Well Tor said Allie ate something odd so Julius attempted to make the variables more narrow by not including dead beasts or demons, and seeing that failed, made one only for demons which worked like it should and then the beast one which points to allie. Marrie also said something earlier about recent dead giving off similar signs as living, which gives more as to a hint as to not what she ate, for it would have been dead longer than 'recently dead'.

...and if she does say she ate something weird he is going to test it himself by using meat that compass points to and eat that and see results. Though i should probably ask what she ate, incase

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Aaaah ok! I didn't realise it had been mentioned already :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:48 pm

Yea it was sort of. I am kinda try to play him as a bit overconfident in his abilities, but I also don't want him to seem to be a dick infront of Olly (and apparently now Korga??), so he's just going to ask her some harder questions.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:54 pm

Cool. He's definitely coming across as a bit of a know it all (arguing with / constantly questioning the instructors), at least to me, but I've not decided if Olly will care or not. Probably not though, he's pretty laid back.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Sorry, I missed that you guys had left the main room... Korga is going to be a bit resentful of Julius though, he has what age lacks in terms of magical ability, and that doesn't sit well with her.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
how does Julius know anything about what Ally may or may not eat?)
Well Tor said Allie ate something odd so Julius attempted to make the variables more narrow by not including dead beasts or demons, and seeing that failed, made one only for demons which worked like it should and then the beast one which points to allie. Marrie also said something earlier about recent dead giving off similar signs as living, which gives more as to a hint as to not what she ate, for it would have been dead longer than 'recently dead'.

...and if she does say she ate something weird he is going to test it himself by using meat that compass points to and eat that and see results. Though i should probably ask what she ate, incase
You know there was never a way to verify any but the first compass actually work properly? There's been no way to know you didn't mess up and make all of those point at random things, including humans or your death. :P
I mean, obviously they don't. But as far as it matters you've got a bunch of things that you claim, but haven't proven, point at specific things.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:00 pm

like i said, he over estimates his abilities, at leadt a little. He assumes the others just work. Also why he asked her about what she ate.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:19 am

Dlover, can you please maybe add a little info box of who is where into each post? I'm a bit confused, most of the time. Which wasn't a problem as long as all of us - safe for the two who were fighting together - were separated, but now it's a really challenge, especially with you and Burns speeding away like that. (I didn't read that conversation, because at some point they explicitly went out of the room Loki was in.)

And, did I miss it, or did just Loki IC miss it? I never saw any of the instructors introduce themselves to the new arena fighters, except the one's they will be handling personally. I would have assumed in the big gathering after the test fight each person would at least state their name - as SOME of the players have done.
So atm, Loki is really glad to have Malis by his side, so she can help him identify all the people who already worked there before. If my perception is incorrect, I'll have to change his behavior a little.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:47 am

Currently Julius and Olly are the only player characters not at the meeting, and Olly is being lead back in.

As for the introductions, there weren't any. Two reasons for that. The minor is that the arena's higher-ups are people who proved extremely skilled in fights, not social situations. They aren't overly formal and feel the need for introductions when spoken to directly, if that. If somebody needs to know something about people, it's expected they'll ask. The major reason is that writing lots of characters at once would be a challenge for me to do without ruining every character's personality, and I would probably go overboard and turn it into a wall of text.
I did give a sorts of introduction by having various NPCS speak to or mention each other, but that didn't cover all of the NPCs and I think Loki missed all of that.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:37 am

Just to be clear: I wasn't trying to say that you should have written some. I was just stating that I didn't see any (I might have skimmed some posts that apparently weren't concerning Loki) and wanted to know whether or not I overlooked something. So thanks for answering that question.

Loki is slowly finding out the names (and status, whether they are instructor or not, at least) on his own, and that's perfectly fine. :thumbsup: Suits his (pretend) personality better, anyways. :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:26 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:(I might have skimmed some posts that apparently weren't concerning Loki)
Yeah, I do the same with games I'm playing. There's just too much to read sometimes.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:46 pm

I do that too to avoid accumulating meta knowledge, usually early in a game while I'm still trying to work out the character I'm playing :)