Hunters of Letrua OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:24 am

Dlover wrote:
Synch wrote:the bazaars of Hirakuya.
Let's assume Hirakuya is a district. There are peoples from all over the world, but all they know now is the little corner of the land that they're in.
Yeah sorry, being a bit liberal with the geography of Letrua :? Was trying to justify why she was Asian-y :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:55 am

GathersIngredients wrote:I am amazed at the speed with which the game thread is moving. I dunno how you handle all the updates, Dlover, but I tip my hat to you.
It's mostly the updates with Burns that do that. The time we spend on the forum tends to align far more than I do with anyone else, so there can be a wave of responses, but it wears me out, and the last few updates I'll get up in those big groups generally break down in quality.
GathersIngredients wrote:And I didn't assume Lar wasn't interesting. Quiet people more often than not are. Getting them to open up is the challenge. And that might be a little hard to do with someone dumbing down in order to make people underestimate them. But we'll see how it goes.
I'm about to spice things up a little. Just a little.
Synch wrote:Yeah sorry, being a bit liberal with the geography of Letrua :? Was trying to justify why she was Asian-y :lol:
There's not much need to justify race or culture. The people in Letrua are descendants of humans from all over Earth, so there's all sorts mixed in, and bits of various cultures show up like some sort of tourist hotspot.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:37 am

So I had to go and make a change Korga did to the felid, because I didn't notice a critical strike (Natural 100), which resulted in the corresponding strike dealing double damage. Not much of a difference with low-damage weapons, but I need to try to get into the habit of spotting these things.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:40 am

Cool, good time to roll one for what she's trying to do.

I understood that you were handling it as a %, just didn't realize it was a 1:1 from HP to %. To me, that seems a bit limiting in creature design? If every creature has 100 HP, you can't really have a swarm of small, low HP creatures... On the other end, I guess the defense does offset that to where something with lots of defense is going to hang around much longer.

But even the weakest enemy, with no defense and no dodge, still could take Korga 5 rounds to kill.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:13 am

You think I can't have a swarm? That's where Rottina come in, with their negative defence value increasing the damage they receive. Of course, half of this early stage is me working out what does and doesn't work, so I'll keep your point in mind and see about whether there are better options, but I do have ways to make extremely fragile swarm enemies, so we'll see how that goes before I make modifications. If they're not as squishy as expected, I could as easily make their defence even lower as give each species individual health values, and adding the health would mean another thing to keep track of, and ensure it's balanced, and make mistakes with. I'll include health values if it becomes clear that they would benefit the game, or if a decent number of people think they would, but even after it's decided I would need time to decide on exactly what those values will be.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:41 am

Oh... Negative defense amplifying damage.... That'd do it. Carry on. :)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:55 pm

I think I will have to modify damage values for weapons once the first bouts are finished. It's meant to be a trade between likelihood of hitting and damage, but the differences aren't meant to be this insane... Yeah, I suppose rank 6 weapons do have twice the damage of rank 1 even if all hits land... So should I increase low-ranking damage, reduce high-ranking damage, or move everything towards the middle?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:24 pm

More attacks for low range?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:16 pm

Yeah, that's a potential option. Keeping it from rocketing out of control in the low end is going to be a challenge, though.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Maybe slight accuracy boost/ hinderqnce for light or heavy weapons? I dunno

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 am

Huh. So is it just me or are Gaul and Allie's colours really hard to tell apart?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:48 am

Yea they are hard to tell apart.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:16 am

Man, that sucks. Are there even thirteen visually distinct colour options that we can read clearly? :meh: I'm gonna use this post to just go through a bunch of colours and see if I can find something suitable for one of them.

The Twins Malis
Tor Gaul
Marie Allisandra
Lar Olly
Julius Korga
Risu Eavus
Maybe? Maybe?
Maybe? Maybe?
Maybe? Maybe?

Okay, so #804000, #808000, or #800000, I think. Any input?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:25 am

You can always bold if it is too hard to see, it makes it easier to read. I thn k ne I the dark reds is fine.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:27 am

Alright, making Gaul's colour #800000.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:35 am

I was able to distinguish between them, but it might vary for different folks.

Did Korga pick up the throwing knives she'd tossed in the arena? OP says 8 uses, so wanted to ask.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:45 am

Hadn't thought of that. Technically since it wasn't brought up she wouldn't have, but also it makes sense that she would, and it won't matter for long anyway, so sure.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:44 am

Dlover wrote:Hadn't thought of that. Technically since it wasn't brought up she wouldn't have, but also it makes sense that she would, and it won't matter for long anyway, so sure.
Technically it was brought up, but you've got a lot going on, so it would easily have been missed. ;)
spiderwrangler wrote:Korga nods, collects her throwing knives and indicates she's ready to depart when Tor and that other guy are.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Huh, so it was. Well, your inventory's been fixed.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:34 am

Okay, so he said we can have weapons with runes now. What runes are available for weapons?
Also, he said we would get ONE tool. I take it a tool is different from a weapon? And we can have one with different effects that would be possible for weaponry? And that tool would be ours, personally, while the weapons/armor are basically "lent" for the duration of the fight only?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:10 am

A weapon is just a tool used for fighting, isn't it? He said tool because it's not limited to weaponry or armour, but that doesn't mean it can't be. And yes, the custom made things will be your own personal items, as opposed to general weaponry which is lent to you, though they don't really bother taking away everything after a fight.

As for what sort of enchantments are available by default, there's a bit of variety, but not really anything fancy. Weapons with lightness have more attacks, fire burns things for additional damage, and poison will inflict damage each turn. Lightning reduces the number of attacks anything struck by it can make, and weakness will reduce damage a target deals. Disease will reduce defence, and heaviness will reduce evasion. Reduction of stats builds up by 5% per hit landed to a maximum of 50%, while poison is 5% per turn and stacks up to 20%, and the fire and lightness are static increases.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:29 am

Can you put lightness on the armor, as well? Or generally increase your own evasion rate? make yourself more nimble. Or make you invisible or blur your outlines by an illusion (works for enemies that use sight), or mask your scents (smell) or noises (hearing). Or blind enemies with a flash of light.

I got lots of ideas, and so has Loki, but it would blow his whole "humble, not too bright brute" bit to voice them. :lol:

How about putting lightning onto armor? So that anyone hitting you would get retributional damage/debuff, without hurting you? (That probably would need some sort of inner insulation, so you don't get shocked yourself...)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:23 am

With all the runes used to hold the metal plates in place (Since it's one per plate) the leather can't safely hold any more, but you could get a custom set of armour with the desired effect but less potential plating. You could wear a layer of heavy clothing to prevent hostile effects from from affecting you, or more likely it could be made to specifically target anything that hits it hard, in which case you would just have to avoid punching yourself.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:55 am

how about something to make either the ground or the enemy (at range) sticky/slow?
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:14 am

Hm... An arrow or thrown blade that turns the ground into something like tar in an area around where it strikes would be possible. Or something that you point at a target and trigger with a phrase to slow them.
My game:

My characters: