Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:31 am

Olly immediately drops into his fighting stance and looks for trouble in the directions Julius indocates

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:16 am

"Caught a glimpse of something to the east, but couldn't tell what it was."

((If there is any wind, which direction is it blowing?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12327
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:59 pm

((The air is mostly still, with a faint breeze blowing from the west.))

Olly moves into a battle-ready posture at Julius' warning, and Korga relays what she had seen, leaving everyone scanning their surroundings. All seems calm for the time being, with the most the group can see being slight swaying in some longer patches of grass.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:09 pm

"Your pups sense anything?" Olly says to the others.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:14 pm

"Errr...well I'm not sure, I don't think so?

Got anyway to clear the grass? Pretty sure there's something there."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:14 pm

"Errr...well I'm not sure, I don't think so?

Got anyway to clear the grass? Pretty sure there's something there."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Olly gives Julius a look and shrugs an open handed shrug.

"I have hands and my bedroll. You're the magic guy! Can't you make it, like, float up like a carpet so we can see what's hiding in there?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Julius gives Olly an odd look "What? Carpets don't float. Besides I think that is outside of my limit of what I can do."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:03 pm

"nah, you know, like cleaning under a rug! Just... Float the grass up or something... Ooooh! Can you float THEM up? That'd be pretty great!"

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12327
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:55 am

(Anything going other than talking?)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:26 am

((Since apparently grass can't be lifted like a rug, Korga of just apprehensively waiting for bad things to happen, or Julius to pull something crazy out of the air!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:22 am

((Nah Olly's just being dumb and bothering Julius :) ))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12327
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Olly and Julius "discuss" options for working out's hiding in the grass, primarily... Shaking the ground at high velocity to remove the grass And every other object nearby including themselves from the ground. Julius, thankfully, doesn't plan to shake the planet.

While the two men are discussing plans, Korga is keeping watch on their surroundings, eyes moving quickly. It doesn't seem like anything is moving while she's watching, but whenever she turns to look elsewhere she can occasionally catch a glimpse of grass just settling down, the signs of movement gradually coming closer to the trio.
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:37 pm

"Guys.... look lively, we've got something getting closer."

((Are we surrounded by tall grass? Is there somewhere we can get that whatever it is would have to cross open space?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12327
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:01 pm

((Most of the grass is knee to hip high (so you can at least know whatever's around isn't massive), and with your current awareness of their positions your only open path is to the west, which would take a while of traveling before the grass starts to get shorter.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:58 pm

"Can you use the item enchanted with air to push them back? I think they might be Rottina's due to the small disturbances, and maybe it will either scare them off or show us what is hiding."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:07 am

"I can try, I guess."

Korga slips the ring on and directs the breeze in the direction where she sees some of the movement halt, focusing on increasing the blast if she's able to.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4777

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:19 am

► Show Spoiler
Once Jules is out of the room, Loki turns to Malis. "I know he's hiding something from us, I can feel it in my guts, but I don't know what. I suggest we next contact that digger of his, or ask Mister Carver if it's okay to check out his garden, where the pipe broke. Then we'll see if there's any of those plants with strong roots around.
What do you think?"
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12327
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:14 am

► Show Spoiler
Olly, Korga, Julius
As Korga pulls the men back to their current situation, whatever's surrounding them slowly closing in. After a brief moment, Julius asks about using the finger glove to keep the creatures at bay. Deciding it can't hurt to try, she slips the item on and directing the breeze in the direction of one of the places where she had seen something stop moving. Focusing on increasing the strength, the breeze picks up to... A strong breeze. The long grass leans with the wind, and for the moment it seems that all the movement comes to a stop, and for just a moment it seems like there's a brief glance of something in the grass, too large to be a rottina.

It seems like the pause is only brief, though, as with the wind's direction shifted the creatures are no longer upwind from the trio of humans. As that detail registers, there's a sudden rush of movement as the ambushers quickly close in, and it's only the fact that the group was on guard which keeps them from being caught in the initial attack as six carionites lunge from the grass in pairs, one among the beasts, coming from the east, seems to be larger than the rest.

Loki
Malis taps one finger against her lips as Loki tells her what he had observed, taking a moment before answering. "He seemed pretty calm about it to me, but you're right that not everything lined up. I can't say I'm an expert in gardening, but if I had a few days I could probably use a few connections to find someone who is... We'd have to work out who this digger was, too."
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:37 am

Julius uses his magic to amplify the breeze to a much more powerful gust, hoping to push back the others that are trying to ambush them.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:37 am

Julius uses his magic to amplify the breeze to a much more powerful gust, hoping to push back the others that are trying to ambush them.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 am

If that doesn't work, Korga stops trying with the wind, and tries to get off some throwing knives before the creatures reach them. Targeting the big one.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:40 am

Olly leaps at the large one, focussing his attacks on it.

Post Reply