Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:09 pm

((The only things you haven't checked out are the last room's glass panel and orb. The idea was that this room was just where the stone for carving come from. Proof that they are just carvings.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Julius will check out the orb then before he starts raiding a crystal.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:18 pm

((cool. But still, IC, olly is not going to be ok with Julius stealing stuff.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:51 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Getting bored of the big empty room, everyone returns to the last room, where Julius decides to investigate the orb. Looking closely, he spots an array of small markings around the base of the orb. It's hard to make out what they are, but they seem to be arrows, spaced evenly apart, at 16 positions around the orb.

Loki
"Stupid business bureaucracy. Tor doesn't want anyone questioning their instructor's validity, and he doesn't want it settled with combatants left black and blue. And when it comes to that girl she could snap a man in half, however tough he is."

"That would be because she is capable of putting on a spectacular performance. She can crush demons with ease, and would be teaching people how to build up their strength. I, on the other hand, know how to keep myself and others alive and relatively uninjured, without Allisandra's inhuman speed, and that's what I teach. You'll see me fight if it seems like I have to prove I'm worth listening to, but often enough my popularity is held high by the less capable fighters telling tales of the beautiful angel who protected them when they bit off more than they could chew."
Malis gives a shrug, "Good looks can help in any field, though I would still recommend having the skills to back up your claims."

Malis tilts her head slightly, as though thinking, and smiles slightly, "I could work some time into the day for a date. Shall we?" Saying so, she extends her arm to Loki.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:20 am

Loki shakes his head at the situation that Malis explained."That sounds extremely silly. By insisting that she'd perform to 'proof' her talents - to whom exactly, anyway? - Tor is depriving anyone in the arena of the skills Alice could teach them. Whoever wouldn't want to learn from her without such a display could simply pick other instructors, sheesh. Or is there some external control institution that regulates the instructors in the arena? That seems a bit extreme, but is not impossible, I suppose."

He smirks slightly at her comment about having skills to back up his claims. "Oh? Are you implying that my mouth might be making promises my body can't keep up with?" he asks her teasingly.

Beaming at Malis being interested in the matter - or at least pretending to for his benefit, Loki happily takes Malis' arm and nods. "Let's get to the bottom of this. It will be more fun, together."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:47 am

"Hmmm. Appears to be runes. Maybe he used these to look upon beasts? Maybe it is voice controlled. Show me Aeran." Julius looks at the orb for any change, hesitant to touch it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:57 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius tries giving instructions to the orb, but nothing seems to be happening.

Loki
"As far as I know, Tor has the final say when it comes to the Arena, but as with all powerful organisations, there're politics I don't care to understand. He's kept the place running well, and doesn't work us all to death, so I can live with a few stupid rules here and there."

Malis grins, reaching out to clap his behind, "I don't know about that, but let's say that I don't entirely disagree with Tor's belief that a person should regularly prove their capability."

"Everything is more fun together, dear one." Malis walks with Loki to the guard station nearest to his workplace of the night before, leaning close to him the whole way. As they enter the station, they find a small room occupied by a rather bored-looking young man at a desk, another door behind him. He looks up as they come in, pulling out a piece of paper, "Filing a report or paying a fine?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:26 am

Julius runs his fingers across the arrows to see if it does anything. If not he relents and carefully touches the orb.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:37 am

Korga stands ready to assist when something inevitably goes wrong.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:57 am

((The arrows are carved into the orb itself. By 'base' I meant the underside of the orb.))
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Loki shrugs off the whole demonstration policy. "Whatever. If I want to learn something from Alice, I'm sure she would teach me, as long as I asked her nicely enough, no matter if she is made an official instructor or not."

When they reach the guard station and are greeted by the employee, Loki tilts his head slightly and shakes his head. "Neither, actually, unless you would want me to give testimony about the two people getting in a fight in the tavern yesterday. I am here about that, I wanted to know if they are both alright and what the fight was all about, if that is information that can be revealed to me. Or maybe I could pay either of them a visit, if they are still here?"
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am

Olly waits for Julius to finish whatever he's doing, idly picking at his crystal hand.

Does he feel like the magic in his hand might be attracted to anything else in the room or is it just there?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:28 am

Korga will examine the ring while we're waiting for Julius to not die.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Everyone decides to do some investigating. Julius works up the nerve to try touching the arrows on the orb, randomly touching the rightmost arrow. As he does colours whirl across the screen, eventually settling on a view of some sort of forest.
Olly checks whether has arm is reacting to anything; If he focuses on it there seems to be a slight pull toward the lights above, but it's scattered and weak, compared to the single large crystal.
Korga takes a moment to investigate the ring. The outside is smooth, but the inside surface is covered in some sort of intricate pattern, which looks to be a single continuous chain of lines, circles, and triangles, but on closer inspection it seems that there are tiny breaks in the connections at some points.

Loki
The guard sighs, sliding over a book and flipping it open, showing a neat list of entries, "Yesterday, brawling, two individuals... Here we go. We have on record an admission of guilt from one mister Carver on the charge of assault against mister Jules, due to excessive consumption. We are now investigating the victim on an accusation of fraud and robbery, with mister Carver as the supposed injured party, after a home repair resulted in the disappearance of many valuable personal items. The accusation of fraud is expected to hold no ground, as mister Jules is a registered plumber, but claims of theft will receive a full investigation. As the victim of the assault received only minor injuries, the maximum sentence for that case will be one month spent in a cell along with paying for any medical costs incurred. If the theft is proven the penalty for assault may be waived. For that reason, both subjects will be released this evening and kept on probation, to prevent the punishment of innocent individuals. Of course, neither will be allowed to leave the city, and both have been ordered to stay far apart." The man glances up at Loki, "I assume you were the one who intervened, yes? Mister Carver owes you a great deal, in that case. If he had seriously injured mister Jules his punishment would have been far more severe, regardless of theft."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Olly will put his crystal hand into the light stream to see what happens.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Julius moves the arrows around. "Ah so this is how he is able to see the demonbeasts." He moves the thing around and tries find a creature to study, grinning. "This is wonderful! We can find out so many things about beasts and how they act."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:33 pm

"What? Where? I only see a forest..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 pm

"For now yes, but it was able to move it's eye, it's vision. If I can locate a beast we can watch it from afar."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:03 pm

((As I said before, the arrows are carved into the orb itself. They're not gonna move.))
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:43 pm

(I meant pushing other arrows/or constantly pressing a direction)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 am

► Show Spoiler
Loki listens to the guard reading the report out loud and eventually nods. "Yeah, I have bounced that night, which is also how I know about this incident. I am relieved to know no lasting damage was done to either party - at least by the brawling.
Would it be possible that I speak to either of them, or both, before they will be released?"
he asks, not sure on the protocol, or prerequisites required to visit prisoners - even short-time temporary ones.

OC: the highlighting doesn't seem to work, neither the [highlight]default (yellow)[/highlight] nor a white color like Loki used to have. I left it out for now. If you want me to switch to a different way of marking his name and speech, please let me know.
EDIT: Never mind, I just have to use the old code, that the previous version of the forum had, that works like a charm.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 01, 2018 8:27 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: "For now yes, but it was able to move it's eye, it's vision. If I can locate a beast we can watch it from afar."
"You think so? Thatd be cool! It doesn't seem to be doing much... Maybe it's like a snowglobe and the guy who lives here likes forests."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 pm

► Show Spoiler
Olly, Korga, Julius
Olly tries reach out to the lights, finding that holding his arm directly in the light makes the pull stronger, an almost hair-raising sensation, though not strong enough to actually move his arm.
Julius, meanwhile, becomes very interested in this orb and image. Keeping his hand on the orb this time and moving it around its surface, the display pans across the landscape , moving faster the further he brings his hand from the top of the orb. Scanning over the forest, though, it’s hard to see anything other than trees. After searching for a while, he finally spots a shape in the branches of one of the trees, but can’t see it clearly from the high viewpoint.

Loki
The guard shrugs, “Doesn’t seem like either of them are especially dangerous, so I suppose there’s nothing wrong with a visitation so long as you’re not going in there alone. One moment.” The guard flips open a book and turns it to face the two, “Write your names in there, each on a new line.” That said, he gets up from his seat, walking to a door in the back of the room, and sticks his head through, “Jones, there are people wanting to talk to last night’s guests. Keep an eye on them, could you?”
As the young guard returns to his paperwork, taking back the book and adding a few notes to each line, an older guard comes into the room, glancing at Loki and Malis, “You two can follow me. Which one were you wanting to talk to first? We're keeping them separated.”
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 am

Julius grins as he plays with the orb a bit more, trying to find a way to zoom in. He eventually pulls away from the orb to let the otyers try it out. "Facinating. I wonder if there is a hidden area in this place, maybe we can find the owner. We can use this orb to help map out some areas we do not wish to go to."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 am

"Yeah, but where is any of this? Is it even a real place?"