Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 am

(A fingerling maybe?)

Loki growls low and deep at the man, yanking his hand onto their back at the offenders additional aggression. "Okay, buster, that's enough out of you. Kicking someone who is already down is NOT cool. It's time for you to breathe some nice, fresh, cool night air. Maybe that will help you clear your head a little."
He uses his hold on the problem maker to guide him through the tavern, preferably without him causing harm to anyone - or anything - else.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:49 pm

The man starts writhing as Loki hauls his arm around, lashing out with his free arm and and legs, kicking tables and catching Loki in the shin with his heel at one point, though Loki's grip keeps him under control enough to keep him moving without breaking anything. The man is still yelling angrily by the time Loki has managed to shove him out the door.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 pm

"Deep breaths." Loki advises and keeps his eyes on the man, waiting for a few moments to see if he is going to kick up any more trouble, or if he is gonna leave quietly, Loki himself staying combat-ready.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:40 pm

Olly has a last look at the hand and then goes to follow the others back across the pit.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
With Julius's announcement, everyone decides to head back. The wind doesn't come back, so the crossing is as easy one, and they're eventually brought back to the room with the crystal in the centre. Now that they have a light to compare it to again, they realise that Olly's arm has gradually been losing luminosity, and is now half as bright as the large crystal.

Loki
Loki pushes the man out into the street, staying on guard as he spins around stares at Loki angrily, breathing heavily as he clenches his fists before tackling the large man, pushing him back a step.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:21 am

Loki simply side-steps the man, letting him run into the wall of the building, instead of offering further resistance. "What exactly is your problem? What are you hoping to achieve with this? You're not gonna get let back inside and have more drinks tonight, no matter what you do now. Quite contrary, if you keep this kind of behaviour up, you might end up getting banned for an even longer period of time, potentially forever. Heck, if you manage to get onto my bad side, you might even get a black eye to show for it as souvenir. Is that what you want?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:50 am

"Ah at last solid ground! Now lets get Olly away from the crystal before he makes himself into pure crystal." Julius starts to lead down the silent path.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 am

Olly looks slightly disappointed that his arm has dulled and pokes the crystal again to see if he can brighten it back up.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
While Julius tries to keep Olly moving before he can get any ideas, but curiosity overpowers all else, as Olly reaches out and taps the crystal again. There's a slight tingling sensation and his arm rapidly lights up to its original brightness again, though the crystalisation doesn't spread any further.

Loki
The man holds his shoulder after driving it into the wall, glaring at Loki, clearly struggling to put together words, "E... E uund it! Tk r!"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 pm

"Lets go Olly, and don't get any more of those ideas. I'd give examples but then you would do them."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Olly is pleased to see his arm light back up again and follows Julius as quietly as he can. He still doesn't really like this passageway...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:53 am

Dlover wrote: Risu
The woman blinks at Risu, staring for a moment before responding, "You're... But you're so young! You couldn't really be involved with those monsters, could you?"
Risu smiles. "I know, even I struggle to believe it at times! I think I'm the youngest, but thankfully they go easy on me. I'm still finding my feet. You're here to look at the beasts?"
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 am

Loki struggles to understand the man. "He ruined what?"
Suspecting that the spilled beverage might have soiled the angry man's clothes or perhaps a valuable item, he takes a quick glance at the other person's garment and things easily visible. Also, just in case this isn't the reason he is so upset, Loki decides to - very carefully, he doesn't want to get any of the drunken stupor of the man into his brains, nor the rage he is likely to feel towards the clumsy man - taps into the thoughts and emotions of the person, while at the same time sending some calm and peace their way.

If he got time and the man isn't coming at him again, Loki will look around for a barrel of rain water or the like, and if the man remains non-aggressive for now, will suggest that the stranger uses the water (provided it is clean, don't want to aggravate him further) to wash his face - and if in need the clothes, too - in hopes of that cooling sensation possibly further calming them down.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
The trio follow down the pathway, trying to keep quiet in the oppressive silence. As with the other passage, crystals in the ceiling light up as they pass. The smooth stone surroundings gradually change, the corridor squaring off, the smooth surface transitioning into tightly-packed blocks. A ways further in, recesses become apparent in the walls, each housing a statue. Along one side are statues of demons and beasts, on the other are humans, but each twisted in a different way; Jagged joints, pointed fingers, elongated legs, an extra pair of arms, a single central eye, pointed ears, no nose, sharpened teeth. Each has only one mark separating it from a normal human, and no indicator is repeated.

Risu
"Er, yes, I am. I was told I would have a chance to examine the conditions I would be able to study the demonbeasts in before deciding on providing patronage. I need to ensure good conditions for study, so... Lead the way."

Loki
"Ehring!" There's no sign of anything other than the man's pants being soiled by the drink. Trying to tap into the man's head, Loki is hit with a wave of intense anger and despair, fed by the alcohol. He can't seem to tell what any of it is about, and so far as he can tell his attempts to calm the man are having minimal effect. As Loki is searching for a water barrel, unsuccessfully, Mac pokes his head out the door, "Nobody recognises the downed man. Only thing I can get about our offender is that he's a regular here. Jon recognises him, said the guy's never made more than a squeak before. So, no knowing what happened, though it's on him regardless."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:54 am

Julius looks at the demonbeast statues, studing them. He takes a much longer look at demonbeasts that he doesn't recongnize and compares them to the sketches in his book. If his book do not have sketches then he makes quick ones of his own, before placing them in the book. He then studies them, looking over the details and comparing the demonbeasts he knew and how accurate the details are so he has a better idea of how the demonbeasts he doesn't know look like in real life.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:44 am

Julius stops to study the monstrous statues. In the first space is a luchan. The only close experience he's had with them was during combat, and there isn't long to study them after killing them, but from what he knows the statue is incredibly detailed. Despite being stone, the waist down is carved to create and image of wiry fur, something which must have taken a great deal of time. The next is... It takes a bit of time to work out what it is, but Julius eventually concludes that it's... An abschir's toe. Probably. In short, it's a large slab that fills the entire space, with slight scoring such as you would see on close examination of a finger- or toe-nail. The next statue he stops at is a carionite, tongue hanging from its mouth, posed half-ready to pounce. On close examination, Julius can actually identify the small spaces along the tongue which spines will protrude from when used to attack or feed. The short fur seems to be carved to be matted together in places, and the shape of the musculature in the legs shows the tension of the beast preparing to leap. The trend continues, statues of familiar demonbeasts standing in their nooks, until something unusual comes into sight. Rather than a demon or a beast, the next statue displays a tree with vines hanging from its branches.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:04 am

Julius scribbles the tree down on the page, writing that it's 'dangerous, probably strangles victims with vines. Avoid at all costs' He continues to study the familiar statues before he looks for unfamiliar statues and sketches them. When he comes across Aeran he sfops and makes a much more detailed drawing of it. He takes a much closer look at the wings and joints.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:11 am

Time to note that the number of unfamiliar statues is a number which will be difficult to count in a short time. Far beyond the number of demonbeasts I've made. A hundred, maybe? Basically, the ones not described are things I haven't designed.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:17 am

Olly is utterly fascinated, completely overwhelmed by the vast collection of demon forms and trying to remember all of them. He pulls out his well-worn guide to monsters and also starts comparing then, ticking off the ones in the book and examining the others in more detail. He's like a kid in a sweet shop.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:21 am

((This would be right up Korga's alley too, she'd probably have the same idea as Julius and suggest they divide the work by alternately working on annotated sketches. As far as them not being designed yet, I'd be fine with that coming later... ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 am

((I'm gonna steal a lot of these from the ones Burns designed. I say 'steal,' but they were made to suit Hunters.))

Everyone sets to examining and documenting the unknown demonbeasts, excited to study new things. There is one beast Olly and Korga may recognise as the source of milk; A quadrupedal beast with a broad head sporting four horns called a 'cao', a mostly harmless creature. That is the last potentially familiar creature, as they move on, though, and it becomes impossible to determine whether many are beast or demon, with the only way to identify the difference between beast and demon from the statues being the inclusion of the necessities for breeding, which the three would at times not be able to recognise.

One of the statues seems similar to the aerans (ie. It's a bird, since aerans are the only known birds), but it has four slender wings, and the size is something completely different, with this creature being only the size of a person's thumb, sporting a long, straight, slender beak as opposed to the aeran's short and curved beak.

The next is a curious creature with a faintly human-like face, but a smaller, more slouched stature, fur covering its body except the face, and four arms, which support it as much as its legs to.

There is a slightly fuzzy creature which stands about as tall as a person's knee, small spikes protruding from its back.

Another, on four legs, reaches roughly half-way up the shin and seems to have its back covered in plated segments of some sort, though it's hard to tell what the purpose is in statue form.

One stand holds a six-legged beast, which as first glance looks similar to the cao, but holds some distinct differences. Its body and head are more slender, it lacks the distinctive horns, and its hooves are not cloven. This one stands with its shoulder at eye-level, but judging by the lean muscle it seems to be built for speed over power.

One of the statues is an intimidating sight, being a long creature seemingly made of many segments, sporting countless legs. The head is adorned with a large pair of scissor-like pincers which look razor sharp even in statue form. Around this towering form are a mass of smaller creatures which look otherwise identical, crowding around the large statue.

A creature which is perched on a stand is roughly the size of a person's head, its body made of three segments; On the head are a pair of faceted eyes, along with a small pincer-like mouth and a pair of what can only be deemed horns. The central portion is slightly thicker and quite a bit longer than the head, and is the point of origin for six legs as well as a pair of large, thin wings which don't look to be feathered. The final segment is notably longer than the rest, ending in a long needle point.

A third feathered creature (counting the aerans) appears, though this one is quite different from the other. Primarily because it seems humanoid. It still appears mostly avian, but it's posture is more upright, its wings sprouting from where a person's shoulderblades sit, with fully developed arms. The shape of its legs and feet, head, and wings are all undeniably avian, though.

A small creature sits on a podium, looking almost like a human, but making up only the size of a hand. Along with its size, it is marked as inhuman by the wings which sprout from its back, which span only a length as long as one segment of a person's middle finger. The wings appear to be a thin membrane, spread over protruding bones, and on close inspection the teeth are triangular.

At this point the trio come across what seems like a centrepiece. One statue takes up a space that fills an entire room, rivaling the mountainous size of an abschir. This creature looks vaguely reminiscent of a repkull, but somehow regal. The tail curves around the base of its stand, each scale larger than the armour plates the Arena uses, with what looks like a fin on the end. The hind legs are large, powerful, looking as though they could be used to rend mountains, the front looking delicate, though not fragile by any means, as though capable of precision. The hind legs bear four large clawed toes, with each claw larger than two people, while the forelegs have what look like hands as much as feet, though the creature sits on all fours. From its back spread enormous wings, which look the same as the small person's but on a far grander scale, a single wing being broad enough to eclipse several buildings with ease. From the shoulders extends a relatively thin neck, curving for the head to face one side toward the viewpoint. The head is roughly as tall as it is wide, and twice as long, with a single enormous eye on each side and a long maw, slightly curved horns pointing back from the base of the skull, a feature which would normally ward off predators from grabbing at the base of the skull, though surely this being could have no predators.
Even facing only a statue, this creature emits an aura of awe, respect, power, and terror. On the wall near the viewpoint is a plaque with a single statement; "Tyrant King".
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:44 am

Julius looks at the birdman with awe and sketches it down as well. When he comes to the tyrant king he decides to take his time to draw it out, trying to replucate it the best he can (not that well). He puts the decription on the drawing and puts it in his book.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 am

"Holy... Look at that!"

Olly stands and stares at the tyrant king, completely awestruck. As he walks around it, he tries to imagine how it would move in life and whether he can see any vulnerabilities.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Loki sighs and stays out of the angry man's reach, in case he decides to try attack him again. He keeps sending calm thoughts/feelings.

"So.... what should we do about this grumpy fella here, just leave him and shut the door in his face? He might scare off potential patrons wanting to come in, or hurt someone else or himself. And... if the other guy is new here, this might be worth looking into, as in talk to him about all this, when he is awake again. I'm not able to make any sense out of this guy here. Said the other one 'ruined everything'. That could be anything from looking at him the wrong way to the unconscious one having done actually something that has a greater impact on this guy here's life. What do you make of all that?"
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:58 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters: