The Magic Portal

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Magic Portal

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:11 am

"Seriously?! What the hell is wrong with you? If we need to feed someone to a dragon, I'm voting you first..."

Arrives looks around the area- Eventually sneaking North, unless he spots anything overly dangerous there.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:51 am

Red hears a muffled crackling sound coming from the necklace that Dorvak had given her. A few moments later she hears a familiar voice coming from the stone. "Can anyone hear me? Did any of you make it?"....the stone then lapses into silence.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:10 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Red hears a muffled crackling sound coming from the necklace that Dorvak had given her. A few moments later she hears a familiar voice coming from the stone. "Can anyone hear me? Did any of you make it?"....the stone then lapses into silence.
Red picks up the necklace and replies, "This is Red, over...we have three count goblins at this location...others sensed via goblin ESP but their location is currently unknown...over"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Magic Portal T3

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:47 pm

► Show Spoiler
Tastes licks the seed, it tastes very earthy and very dry. After putting the seed away again, his eyes alight upon the brown fluffy animal. He nearly pants in expectation as he draws near and begins to lick the animal. The animal in question lets out a bleat of discomfort, but for whatever reason doesn't actually move. New sensations explode in his mouth, but all he is left with is a hairy tongue. The wooly animal farts loudly, and tastes is able to taste grass in a whole new way. He is still sickened for 2 more turns.
Red has made up her mind that must one of them die anytime soon, it should be tastes. She takes some time to look around before continuing. West she sees the grass field they landed in, North she sees the ocean, East & South she sees a forest. She moves closer to Tastes to make sure that his tongue doesn't get the group into trouble. Dorvak checks in with the group, almost sounding like he cared if they were alive. Red gives a brief response as to their predicament.
Arrives responds harshly to Refuses "Seriously?! What the hell is wrong with you? If we need to feed someone to a dragon, I'm voting you first...". He looks around, sees the same thing that Red sees and then starts sneaking North. Luckily he was taking it slow, because as he sneaks northward, he sees that the land falls away down a steep cliff to the ocean below.
► Show Spoiler
Refuses imagines this new world as some large farm, and walks south as he imagines this. He finds himself in a forest.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last talks to waddles."Hey, Waddles. Look over there, there's a hut. Wanna come with?" Walking to the hut, he notices that it doesn't have a door. He hears a cackling laughter and sees a woman with a hat rushing him. She throws a glass bottle at him, which releases a poisonous gas upon splashing to the ground. Last is poisoned and will remain so for 3 turns.
Waddles responds with silence, then attempts to mount one of the cows. The cow is quite perturbed at his attempts, but somehow he just isn't able to get seating on its back. Waddles looks at the cliff, but is unable to see anyway to climb it. Giving up, he follows Last to the South to see him being attacked by a woman with a hat (probably a witch).
► Show Spoiler
Blitz walks closer to the mountain and looks closer at the black stuff. It appears to be coal.
Razz ponders the impossibilities of life for a bit before diving into the pool and scooping up some of the clay that he somehow knew was there, what luck. Between dives for air, he successfully collects 8 bits of clay. He then gets out and walks to the cliff. "This might take a while, but I don't want to stay stuck here. If it dries enough it should be able to hold our weight." he says as he tries to form the clay into stairs, however, he is unable to do so. "If any of you got explore along the beach please tell me, I don't want to be left behind." he says to the others. He then dives back into the water, and gathers another 4 bits of clay.
Death swims over and checks behind the waterfall. There is a tunnel under the waterfall which leads underwater to some unknown area. She collects all of the remaining clay, 12 bits worth. She plans on crossing the stream and going south, but sees that the cliff-face blocks her way.

TIME: Almost Noon

Stats & Loot
.[tabs:Red(Quarg)]
NAME: Lt. Syd Billted "The Red"
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK: Communication Stone
INVENTORY: 1/10
4 seeds

[tabs:DoG(Thinks)]
NAME: Death or Glory
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
12 bits of clay

[tabs: Tastes(Spider)]
NAME: Tastes Everything
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
Seed = 1x

[tabs: Last(Runs)]
NAME: To-The-Last
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 0/10

[tabs:Refuses(Theis2)]
NAME: Refuses to back down
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs:Blitz(Chuck)]
NAME: Glorious Blitz
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs:Razz(Nerre)]
NAME: Razzmatazz
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
12 bits of clay

[tabs: Waddles(Pat)]
NAME: Waddles Along
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY SPOTS: 2/10
2 leather
3 Raw Beef

[tabs: Arrives(M0rt)]
NAME: Arrives-Exactly-When-He-Is-Needed
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 0/10[/tabs]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Tastes pats Brownie on the head, then Tastes each of the greys for comparison, unless the others head to a new area, in which he reluctantly struggles to keep up.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Red thinks that Tastes has lucked out in that he's tasting what maybe a sheep...or similar. She goes back to the grasslands from earlier and then scans North, West, and South.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Arrives looks East and West (and North, but I assume that's the edge of the map) before moving West- Assuming no danger is there.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:05 pm

"WAAAAAAAAADDLES! GET THE WOMAN!" To-The-Last tries to grab the witch to stop her from throwing.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:35 pm

DoG happily declares "I knew it! There's a secret tunnel back here! I'm going to see where it goes"

Taking a deep breath to prepare, she leaves here clay on the shore and dives under the water, following the tunnel as far as she can in one turn.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:41 am

Refuses starts picking ALL the mushrooms and can't help but think how minecrafty it all seems to be and get a complementary urge to punch some wood. He keeps that urge away for now and heads east after he collected ALL the mushrooms.

He's certain Tastes, Arrives and DoG will have a fit if he were to throw them at them.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:54 am

Waddles will first try and pull off a tree branch to use as a beating stick (if he can reach and if it would help), then sneak forwards and then surprise attack the Witch bashing her in the side of the head.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:55 am

(Alright, with you zooming into those sheep I failed to notice it was the very same area and that I had in fact moved north... Change my action to move East instead.)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:56 am

Razz follows the first of his teammates to explore another area, else he will collect more clay.
:zzz:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:49 am

Blitz will follow DoG in the secret tunnel.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:49 am

We're so all going to drown together in a horrible pile up in an underwater tunnel of doom...

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:31 am

I was rather thinking about walking north or south.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:50 am

Well I think I just tried to go south but it's impassable. North is probably the only option (unless West is ok?) without going through the tunnel

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:28 pm

then lets go north together instead of pushing all 3 of us into the tunnel until it is properly explored by one. :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:21 am

Death or Glory isn't going to wait around and be cautious!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:19 am

i will go north then. 2 are more than enough for a underwater tunnel.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Magic Portal T4

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:55 pm

► Show Spoiler
Tastes pats the brown sheep on the head, cooing softly to it. He wants to taste the grey ones for a comparison but is caught between going west or east as the group continues to split up. (5 - 2 - 1 = 2 AP)
Red shakes his head sadly about tastes desire to taste everything and walks west. He then scans the horizons in all directions. North & West, the grassland gives way to a steep cliff down to an ocean sized body of water. He sees water as far as the eye can see. South he can see that the grassland continues to another meadow and he can see some small animals. (10 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 5 AP)
Tastes, unwilling to be left alone with the woolly animals, he shuffles after Red wondering if he could get close enough to tasting him.
► Show Spoiler
Arrives rolls his eyes and moves east into a new area. He would like to look around, but spent all of his actions discovering a new area. (10 - 2(8) = 0 AP)
► Show Spoiler
Refuses runs around the forest collecting all of the mushrooms, heedless and without any caution. He wonders about punching the tree, but decides against it for now. He then heads east. He hears screams to his east. (10 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2= 2 AP)
► Show Spoiler
Last screams and attacks the witch "WAAAAAAAAADDLES! GET THE WOMAN!". He tries to grab her but ends up hitting her instead, damaging her for 1HP. (10 - 2 = 8 AP)
The witch hits him 3 times for a total of 3 damage. Last is hurt by the poison for 1 damage.
Waddles tries to break off a branch from a tree. He instead breaks a bit of the tree and collects a piece of wood....weird. The tree, though missing its trunk, continues floating in space. It's all quite disconcerting... (10 - 10 = 0 AP)
The witch has not noticed him.
► Show Spoiler
Blitz & Death decide to explore the underwater tunnel. The light from the noon sun lights up the tunnel for a good distance. They can see where the tunnel breaks up through into an area that is not underwater. However, when they swim to the surface, they are unable to see anything. (10 - 2(8) = 0 AP)
► Show Spoiler
Razz walks north and falls through the world and dies instantly.... :wall:
Razz walks north and finds that the beach ends and starts to become a forest. (10 - 2(8) = 0 AP)

TIME: Noon

Stats & Loot
.[tabs:Red(Quarg)]
NAME: Lt. Syd Billted "The Red"
HP: 10/10
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK: Communication Stone
4 seeds

[tabs:DoG(Thinks)]
NAME: Death or Glory
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
12 bits of clay

[tabs: Tastes(Spider)]
NAME: Tastes Everything
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
Seed = 1x

[tabs: Last(Runs)]
NAME: To-The-Last
HP: 6/10
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs:Refuses(Theis2)]
NAME: Refuses to back down
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 2/10
3 brown mushrooms
3 red, white-spotted mushrooms

[tabs:Blitz(Chuck)]
NAME: Glorious Blitz
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs:Razz(Nerre)]
NAME: Razzmatazz
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
12 bits of clay

[tabs: Waddles(Pat)]
NAME: Waddles Along
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY SPOTS: 2/10
2 leather
3 Raw Beef

[tabs: Arrives(M0rt)]
NAME: Arrives-Exactly-When-He-Is-Needed
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 0/10[/tabs]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
*Note: Per a conversation with Spider about how much AP people are using or have. You start with 10AP each turn. At each turn, I will tell you how much "AP Change" you have. Otherwise it's up to you to add 10 + change together to decide how much you have.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Tastes sidles up to Red and gives him a discrete lick. Then heads south.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:43 am

"Throw that here!" Last gets ready to catch the wood from Waddles and whack the witch with it.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:19 am

ooc: Well that was not quite what I expected. A whole 10AP wasted at the wrong time.

Wondering why Last keeps shouting and giving the witch a chance to discover Waddles before he sneaks, he decides to continue with his piece of wood and proceeds to sneak towards the witch women (perhaps from under the house for cover) to do a surprise attack.
Last edited by Patdragon on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:59 am

OOC: I was under the impression I could see you.