The Magic Portal

Home to all current Forum Games.
Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Magic Portal

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:22 pm

"Hmmm that's odd maybe some enchantment on them. If you think you can sure, Here have my wood" waddles giggles a little.

"Not much for all of us to do here i'll keep exploring."

Waddles heads back outside, checks witch over for any items, then heads south. (however if i have a spare 10ap which I think I will have, he will also get another bit of wood first)
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:07 pm

"Enchantment? This witch didn't seem to be that much of a big shot. Funny how we can beat her to death but not take her tools afterward."

Last follows Waddles south.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

The Magic Portal T7

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:07 pm

► Show Spoiler
Tastes walks up to the remaining bird and clobbers it across the face. It dies with a moanful squarking sound. He collects a piece of bird meat and a feather. Confused as to where he is, he starts walks south in an attempt to figure out where he is, and of course, to find more things to taste. He finds himself on a rock ledge looking down waves below. He walks east instead and finds himself near Red who has been beating a tree to death.( 10(+1) - 2 - 2 - 2 = 5AP)
► Show Spoiler
Razz, intent on making a weapon, tries to break a piece of wood. In doing so, he finds that he has somehow created 4 planks from the wood. In attempting again,and through some experimentation, he finds that he can use two of the planks to make 4 sticks. He takes a practice swing with the sticks and find them to be utterly useless by themselves, this makes him very sad. (10 - 1 - 1 = 8AP)
► Show Spoiler
Arrives channels his inner lumberjack, through the toils of his ancestors and attacks the wood with a renewed vigor. He collects the piece of wood with great pride. He tries not to look directly at the floating foliage, as it unnerves him. (10 - 9 = 1AP)
► Show Spoiler
Refuses walks into the already uncomfortably full hut and asks the others "Do any of you have some spare wood you don't use? I think I'll try to make some tools out of it or something like that.". Waddles responds "Hmm that's odd maybe some enchantment on them. If you think you can sure, Here have my wood". An awkward silence fills the air as Waddles gives Refuses his wood. He moves to the workbench and crafts the 2 pieces of wood into 8 wood planks. ( 10 - 2 - 1 = 7AP)
► Show Spoiler
Having given Refuses his wood, Waddles comments on the stuffiness of the hut "Not much for all of us to do here I'll keep exploring." He walks outside and searches the witches body. He is quite pleased to find 2 glass bottles, 2 handful s of yellow stuff which pulses with a light of it's own and a handful of red stuff. As he takes the things, the body fades away until it completely disappears. odd... He walks south.(10(+8) - 2 - 1 - 2 - 10 = 3AP)
Last responds to waddle "Enchantment? This witch didn't seem to be that much of a big shot. Funny how we can beat her to death but not take her tools afterward." and leaves the hut with him, following him south. (10(+8) - 2 - 2 - 10 = 4AP)
As they arrive south, they find Razz who is really bummed out about his useless stick. Hoping to collect more wood, Both Waddles and Last work on the tree that Razz was working on. As they break the last bit of tree free, the foliage slowly decays and 2 apples and 3 oak saplings fall to the ground.
► Show Spoiler
Red decides that she no longer wants to be a lumberjack and moves east. He meanders through the forest, finding more forest. (10(+1) - 2 = 9AP)
► Show Spoiler
Blitz sits quietly on the ledge, giggling as he uses his toes to play with the water..in the darkness... (0AP)
Death climbs up onto the ledge beside Blitz and begins to explore the cavern. She can hear more grumblings in the darkness but they seem distant and she is unable to determine how many distinct sounds she can hear, especially while blitz splashes his toes in the water. As she moves around the cavern, hand upon the rough walls, she determines that the cavern is roughly circular near the pool but is very long, she hesitates before exploring to far away from the pool, especially with no light. (10 - 1 = 9AP)

Stats & Loot
.[tabs:Red(Quarg)]
NAME: Lt. Syd Billted "The Red"
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 10/10
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK: Communication Stone
INVENTORY: 2/10
2 Wood
4 seeds

[tabs:DoG(Thinks)]
NAME: Death or Glory
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 1/10
12 bits of clay

[tabs: Tastes(Spider)]
NAME: Tastes Everything
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 3/10
1 Seed
3 Raw Bird
4 Feathers

[tabs: Last(Runs)]
NAME: To-The-Last
HP: 2/10
HEAD: Witches Hat
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 3/10
3 oak saplings
2 Apples
1 Wood

[tabs:Refuses(Theis2)]
NAME: Refuses to back down
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
8 wooden planks
8 brown mushrooms
8 red, white-spotted mushrooms

[tabs:Blitz(Chuck)]
NAME: Glorious Blitz
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
2 Rotting Flesh
1 Carrot

[tabs:Razz(Nerre)]
NAME: Razzmatazz
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
1 Wood
2 wooden planks
4 wooden sticks
12 bits of clay

[tabs: Waddles(Pat)]
NAME: Waddles Along
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY SPOTS: 9/10
1 Wood
1 Red Stuff
2 Yellow Glowing Stuff
2 Glass Bottles
2 leather
3 Raw Beef
2 red, white-spotted mushrooms
2 Clay Pots

[tabs: Arrives(M0rt)]
NAME: Arrives-Exactly-When-He-Is-Needed
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 1/10
3 Wood[/tabs]

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Razz tries to craft a wooden practise sword or hammer. If it is too hard by hand - or even impossible, he will try to craft some kind of working table. Maybe he can use some bark strips or tree sap to put the things together.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Tastes licks the trunk and leaves of a tree... considers licking Red, then remembers he already had. Instead he'll follow to the east before moving on even more east of Red.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:14 am

DoG tells Blitz what she's discovered about the cave so far, then kicks the wall out of frustration. Even if they go all the way back out of the cave, they'll need to find a waterproof bag or something before they can bring a light back in here... Seems like this might be a dead end for now.

"Any ideas?"

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:00 am

OOC: depending on goblin esp I now have glowy yellow stuff and two glass bottles i'm thinking waterproof torches right there.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:21 am

Last eats the apples then gets as much wood as he can.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:02 am

"We maybe should build a small shelter below the cliff for the night. We don't know what's out here. And if we use the cliff wall, we only need to build 3 walls instead of 4. What you think?"
:zzz:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:14 am

Refuses goes over to the work bench and breaks two planks into sticks. He'll take half the materials and try to convert it into an axe, and the other half into a pickaxe (so 3 planks and 2 sticks). Refuses will try to take the whole workbench since the tools themselves weren't ready to go by themselves. He then go outside and test his new axe on the tree he had started on chopping down (if any action points are left after that is finished he'll take down any remaining floating trees).
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:28 am

The Overhead Map as Requested.

I think it's right, and hopefully didn't give you more information than I should have...Oh well...Bonus! right. ;)
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:01 am

Wait, where did I head south and hit waves?

Thanks.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:01 am

Having collected the wood, Arrives quickly chops it up into planks for use. He could probably see combining some of these planks in some form of crude workbench...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Waddles stuffs the yellow glowing stuff in the the bottles (one in each) and the rest stuff he looks at more closely to identify it or find out some properties) like if if will survive getting wet.
He then walks south to the waterfall and if he can dives into the water leaving anything behind that would be ruined by the water on the shore to go and join the other in the dark.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Red goesi to the hut which she believes is east twice and south once...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr