The Magic Portal

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

The Magic Portal

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:47 am

Dorvak, the Great and Terrible Wizard sat in a large cushioned chair and looked out over the goblins who had responded to his summons. "Seven of you I see, a few less than I had hoped, but enough that you won't all die immediately." He chuckled at his own joke, before clearing his throat as the room fell into an awkward silence. Rising from his chair, he walked over to a cluttered table and took a large book from it. Flipping open the book, he read a few lines and waved his hand. As he did so, a skeletal hand picked up a piece of chalk from the table and began to draw a large circle around the goblins.

Dorvak took a necklace from the table gave it to the first goblin who had signed up. "This stone will allow me to bring you back once you find what I need." The skeletal hand continued to set bits and pieces around the circle, lighting candles, etc. "Speaking of which, the item you are looking for is called a Void Egg. The egg is shrouded in darkness and should be hard to miss."

"This may take a few hours to finish the spell, so feel free to get comfortable."

As soon as he opens his mouth to begin reading the incantations, two more goblins walk into the room. Dorvak raises an extremely bushy eyebrow at them, rolls his eyes and then motions them to join the others. He lets a long sigh and drops the book into the skeletal hand, which has finally finished its other tasks. His own hands now free, he readies himself to begin reading.

Stats & Loot
.[tabs:Red(Quarg)]
NAME: Lt. Syd Billted "The Red"
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK: Communication Stone
INVENTORY: 0/10

[tabs:DoG(Thinks)]
NAME: Death or Glory
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs: Tastes(Spider)]
NAME: Tastes Everything
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs: Last(Runs)]
NAME: To-The-Last
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs:Refuses(Theis2)]
NAME: Refuses to back down
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs:Blitz(Chuck)]
NAME: Glorious Blitz
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs:Razz(Nerre)]
NAME: Razzmatazz
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs: Waddles(Pat)]
NAME: Waddles Along
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

[tabs: Arrives(M0rt)]
NAME: Arrives-Exactly-When-He-Is-Needed
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 0/10[/tabs]
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Re: The Magic Portal

Post by Quarg » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Red looks down at the necklace around her throat. "So besides being apparently a rather dense black area how are we to know if something is the Void Egg? And how will you know that we've found it and need to come back?" She asks the wizard.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Dorvak raises his bushy eyebrow as the bright red goblin speaks. "hurumph...mmm..oh..oh yes, the stone I gave you is a communication device, so I suggest you tell me when you have the egg in your possession in order to return."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Tastes reaches out a finger, dabs it in the chalk and slowly brings it to his lips and snakes his tongue out of his mouth to lick it. He does it absentmindedly, as if not fully aware of his compulsion.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:39 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Dorvak raises his bushy eyebrow as the bright red goblin speaks. "hurumph...mmm..oh..oh yes, the stone I gave you is a communication device, so I suggest you tell me when you have the egg in your possession in order to return."
"And how will we know what we've found this Void egg besides darkness...I mean is it a large egg or the size of a sparrow's egg or that of a Owlbear?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Magic Portal T1

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Dorvak begins to quiver with what could only be described as controlled anger. The skeletal hand smacks the orange goblin in the face, and quickly redraws the removed section.

"Argh, hours of preparation ruined because you couldn't keep from touching something." Dorvak lets out a long sigh, resting his head in his hands. "I sure hope this spell still works." he mumbles under his breath.

As the red one speaks up again. Dorvak stares at her down his nose as he answers "It is roughly the size of..mm, yes, an owlbear egg"

Before any other goblins speak up, Dorvak begins to wave his hands and mumble ancient incantations. The world becomes a bit fuzzy for the goblins as a rift between worlds is created. As they fade from the current world they hear Dorvak faintly. "You might feel a small pinch."
► Show Spoiler
Red, Arrives, Refuses & Tastes
The landing is rough and the four goblins find themselves emptying their stomachs into the tall grass. Once they've wiped their mouths of spittle, they take a look of their surroundings.
► Show Spoiler
Last & Waddles
The landing was not so rough, though they seemed to have landed on a cow which exploded in a splash of goo.
► Show Spoiler
Death, Blitz & Razz
The sand softened the landing somewhat, and the three goblins find themselves beside a small pool of water.

TIME: Based on the sun cresting over the horizon, you can tell that it is Dawn.

Stats & Loot
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY SPOTS: 2/10
2 leather
3 Raw Beef

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:42 pm

While they get their bearings, Tastes almost reluctantly dips a finger in each pile of vomit before tasting each. He grabs a handful of grass and begins gnawing on it. "So... This way? " he asks, pointing to the right.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:55 pm

"Guess so." Arrives chimes in, heading right with him.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:14 am

blitz goes to take a drink from the pool and examines his surroundings more closely.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:05 am

Refuses looks at the others for a momet before he punches Arrives.

"Why did I have to get stuck with you?.. You suck! But I guess we could go that way and save Tastes from our newly made puddles."

Refuses then heads to the right with the others.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:31 am

Red shakes her head and then searches the grass in a circle avoiding the vomit and sees if she finds anything in the nearby grass before heading also to the right.
Last edited by Quarg on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:30 am

Waddles concern that a cow exploded under him feels a little shameful as he thinks it was more his weight than anything else. Looking around he see Last but no others and wonders what happened. Shouldn't they all be together. After wiping off whatever cow bits soften his fall he scans his surroundings looking at the various block shaped animals.

"Hello, Where are the rest of you guys" he shouts

Waiting for a response he thinks on the mission at hand... need to find a void egg... Now where do you find eggs... in farms and in trees...as there are lots of animals about perhaps they've landed near a farm...
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 pm

DOG scans the surroundings and then heads left. Unless that's the sea or something in which case, she'll dive into the pool by the waterfall.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:35 am

"Well, Waddles, I would think that this 'Void Egg' is one of those magic items, like adventurers look for. So I hardly think we'll find it on a farm." Last looks around the horizon, looking for any buildings.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:24 am

"Wow I was just thinking that! Are you one of those goblins that can ESP and read their minds? I heard there're becoming more common nowadays. Tell me what i'm thinking write now"

Waddles starts looking at a pig and starts thinking of a fried egg and bacon sandwhich which makes him want to eat something.

After Last speak he also starts Searching the area (for some food).
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:37 am

Razz checks if the wall is climbable, and if thewater bodies are sweet or salt walter. Then he backs up his comrades when they go into or near the pool. One never knows.
"Why did we get split? Our strength is in numbers and we are split from the rest. Hope that mage knows what he is doing."
:zzz:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Magic Portal T2

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:21 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Unable to control himself, Tastes samples the pools of vomit and has become sickened for 3 turns. Even in his condition, he manages to reach out toward the long grass, intent on tasting it. As he touches the blade of grass they break, leaving a few small white seeds where the grass had been. He picks them up automatically. In between wanting to Ralf, he asks the others, "So... This way? ". He leads the others to the right.
"Guess so." Arrives says in half-hearted agreement and follows tastes to the right.
Red is disturbed, rightly so, by tastes habits and tries to search the grass. As she does so the grass is instantly destroyed at her touch, leaving seeds now and then. She automatically collects 4 seeds. She then heads to the right.
Refuses punches Arrives for 0 damage as he says mean and hurtful things "Why did I have to get stuck with you?.. You suck! But I guess we could go that way and save Tastes from our newly made puddles." He then moves to the right with everyone else as if nothing happened.
► Show Spoiler
Waddles feels slightly bad about making the cow explode, imagining that his weight might have something do with it. He shouts loudly in the hopes of the others hearing him "Hello, Where are the rest of you guys". He then ponders the mission at hand.
Last explains things to waddles. "Well, Waddles, I would think that this 'Void Egg' is one of those magic items, like adventurers look for. So I hardly think we'll find it on a farm." He then looks around to see what he can see. West he sees a forest. North he sees ocean. He can't see east. South he sees a crude wooden hut.
Waddles is mystified by Last "Wow I was just thinking that! Are you one of those goblins that can ESP and read their minds? I heard there're becoming more common nowadays. Tell me what i'm thinking write now". He searches for food, but all he finds is the animals that surround him and the raw beef in his inventory...how did that get in there?
► Show Spoiler
Blitz takes a drink from the pool, it's cool and refreshing. examining his surroundings more closely he sees that he is on a sandy beach which surrounds a relatively small lagoon. The stream comes from somewhere above this cliff. As he looks closer at the cliff-side he sees chunks of black stuff scattered in various places.
Razz looks closely at the cliff-side, but is unable to find any way to climb up the wall. He determines that the water from the stream is good drinking water, and that the lagoon is quite salty. He watches his surroundings in an effort to guard his comrades backs. He then complains about his predicament "Why did we get split? Our strength is in numbers and we are split from the rest. Hope that mage knows what he is doing."
Death makes the GM feel foolish for not drawing the lagoon correctly, but instead of wading into the lagoon, she turns back and dives into the pool. When she does so, she finds the bottom of the pool to be lined with dirt, gravel and a medium sized clay deposit.

TIME: After Dawn

Stats & Loot
HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY: 1/10
Seed = 1x

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
INVENTORY SPOTS: 2/10
2 leather
3 Raw Beef

HEAD:
CHEST:
LEGS:
FEET:
RING:
NECK:
New Stuff:
Sickened: There are several ways to gain this status effect, but sampling other peoples vomit works too. Being sickened causes you to only gain 5AP/turn instead of 10. Time of sickening = 1d6.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Tastes licks one of the seeds before moving towards the creatures, intent on sampling the brown one.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Razz wades into the pool and takes a look at what he finds underwater. Having no equipment at all, he thinks about how to get up the wall. As neither sand nor gravel would be a good crafting material, he scapes as much clay of the ground of the pool as possible, and then starts to form it into stairs in front of the wall. While working he shares his thoughts with his friends.
"This might take a while, but I don't want to stay stuck here. If it dries enough it should be able to hold our weight." then he adds "If any of you got explore along the beach please tell me, don't want to be left behind." he says, diving again to get more clay.
:zzz:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Red decides that if a goblin is going to die soon...it will be Tastes...She attempts to look both North, South, West before attempting to move around the animals without disturbing them...or letting Tastes disturb them without her being anywhere near him when he does so...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:29 pm

"Hey, Waddles. Look over there, there's a hut. Wanna come with?"

To-The-Last walks over to the hut and tries the door.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Blitz will more closely examine the black stuff in the cliff. If there is none low enough he will ask his companions for a boost.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:26 am

Since she's there anyway, DoG will swim over and behind the waterfall to check for secret caves. Whatever she finds, she'll grab a handful of clay from the bottom of the pool. If there's still time, she'll had south to see what's there.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:47 am

I thought my 1 ATT would cancel out with the 1 DEF xD

Refuses continues south to investigate where the heck they are. So far it seems to be a free range farm.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:41 am

Waddles takes a quick look at the cliff to see if its scale-able for later on.
Knowing he will feel tired later He tries to mount one of theguys cow like things to ride it and then tries to get it to head south.
If it doesn't move south or he crushes it and it explodes, he collects anything that comes from it (not poop) and follows Last south on foot.

ooc: just using up some action points ;)
Last edited by Patdragon on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem