GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Zaks smiles, mostly to himself...he leaps forward to attack the remaining spider before once again retreating to the back of the group.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Laughs attacks whichever spider seems in better health, cackling as he does. (While also not stepping in snares)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Tells Bad Jokes continues trying to free Forges for Food and his harpoon. Luckily he finds hes more successful with the dagger. It would be hard with a spider attacking him but

Despite the awkwardness of the webbing Forges for Food is able to successfully strike the spider and Zaks finishes it off. With no distractions Tells Bad Jokes is able to finish freeing Forges for Food and his weapon.

Walks With The Wind considers sucking more poison out but realizes its definitely in her bloodstream at this point. She looks for a place to put her torch. She spots a place where she could wedge the handle. She meanwhile takes 1 damage from the poison. Unfortunately it may be hard to get there with the spider on her. Luckily

Laughs Creepily runs over and drives his lance into the spider causing it to flee part way up a wall and hiss at the adventurers. Walks With The Wind is able to make it over to the spot and wedge her torch there and draw her axe.

Combat Status:
Retreated Spider: Dead
Sneaky Spider 1: Dead
Sneaky Spider 2: Moderately Wounded - cowering on a wall (low enough to attack in melee though)

► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:26 pm

If the remaining spider is still alive by the time be gets a chance to attack it (or more arrive), he'll do so.

If all combatants are dead, he'll retrieve his axe (if he's able w/o getting snared) and stash it for the time being. He'll work on gathering up all dead spiders and any usable silk. If the party is ready to move on, he'll make a tidy pile for later dismantling, if they are still dithering about and he has time, he'll begin disassembling dead spiders.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Walks attacks the last spider, unless it's already dead.
If there is any webbing to collect, she'll ask Laughs for a bit of it to try and use it as a bandage. And/or, if it's too stick for that, try to make a "foot/anchor" for the torch, so you can put it on the floor, but standing upright on it.
In any case she'll grab the torch again help with butchering the corpses for parts (poison glands etc.), once all the spiders are dead.

She will also remain on the look out for more sneaky spiders and web traps.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:08 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:18 am

Zaks will help the creepy one with his web collection. (based on the assumption that 1. More enemies don't appear and 2. the current enemies are dead.)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 am

"Thanks Tells, much appreciated no more charging ahead for me in here I think "

Forges now free and seeing some others go after the wounded spiders checks the surrounding area more carefully for spiders or entrances including in the webbing. after he remembers he once read that webbing could be used for some cuts some picks up a few pieces and sees if they can be used as band aids too.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Tells Nod and move to pick up his harpoon. He return to follow the group again with a little more cautious.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:24 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:If there is any webbing to collect, she'll ask Laughs for a bit of it to try and use it as a bandage.
If he has any, Laughs giggles and puts some on her head. Then promptly guffaws before breaking it off to try to maintain the stealth of the party. :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:53 pm

With only one spider left, the group relaxes a bit. Laughs Creepily and Walks With The Wind take the fight to the last spider and nearly finish it off with their combined efforts. However, it isn't until Zaks comes over and delivers the death blow that the spider finally drops. The last of the venom runs through Walks With The Wind body and she takes 1 damage.

*End of Combat*

Tells Bad Jokes waits around for the others. (you retrieved your harpoon when you freed forges)

With combat ended several of the goblins try to experiment with webbing for various purposes. However, two of the traps have been completely disintegrated by fire. The last had to be pretty well shredded in order to free Forges for Food. What little isnÔÇÖt completely tattered is in tiny scraps that end up clumping as the goblins try to stop it from sticking to themselves. In the end, Laughs Creepily playfully slaps a clump on Walks With The Wind head, finalizing their sense that itÔÇÖs a lost cause. Perhaps if they had an untriggered trap and some sort of plan to properly harvest it they might have better luck. Unfortunately, they seem to have triggered or destroyed every trap in the area.

Laughs Creepily retrieves his axe and together he and Walks With The Wind butcher the corpses. None of the corpses were in bad shape and with care they are able to do a decent job. Between them they end up quite a few parts (2 venom sacks, 19 legs, 1 mangled spider front half, 2 spider front halfs, 2 mangled spider back half, 1 spider back half), which theyÔÇÖll have to decide how to divide up (I leave that to you the players).

Meanwhile, Forges for Food scouts out around the edge of the area. He hears a faint sound. As he approaches he finds a tunnel leading off from the main cave. He cant tell for sure without getting closer but the sound almost sounds like cheering???....

The party can either go deeper into the cave or investigate the tunnel.

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Laughs takes one of the venom sacks, five of the legs and a spider front half, leaving the rest for Walks (but picking them up if they go unclaimed). He'll head down to join Forges and jab his spear in the direction of the tunnel while doing his best to stifle a chortle, indicating that he thinks they should proceed quietly down the side tunnel.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:12 am

Walks grabs the remaining spider parts(glands, legs, ...) and puts them into her inventory. She applies the 4 HP bandage to herself and tires to get the sticky bit of webbing off her head. She picks up her torch (stowing away the axe) and follows Forges and Laughs, lighting the way and looking all around for more traps and spiders.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 am

Zaks will follow the others, but instead of walking down the middle of the tunnel he hugs the wall, and moves slowly & methodically, stopping now and then to look and listen.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:50 am

Forges approaches the cheering noise cautiously trying to identify it better, whether its animal or humanoid.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:56 am

Tells follow everyone from the back.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:36 am

Walks With The Wind bandages herself up and restores herself to full hp.

Everyone decides to investigate the cheering noise. As they approach the cheering and shouting gets loader and loader. Whatever is going on they sound very excited. Eventually the tunnel opens up into a large chamber with Goblins? There is a large mob of goblins congregated around something, all excitedly cheering for whatever is happening. Two goblins guard the entrance, looking somewhat upset at not being involved as they keep stealing glances towards the goings on whenever a particularly large cheer erupts. When they spot our adventurers they momentarily tense up before they realize that they are fellow goblins. The taller of the two, a yellowish brown goblin, turns towards the crowd and lets out a sharp whistle before shouting, NEEEWWW REEECRUITS!!!

A light blue goblin breaks off from the pack. He talks fast leaving no time to breathe between words, much less let someone interrupt. ÔÇØWelcome, welcome. Glad to see new faces come to test their mettle. Are you from the Blue Horse clan? Or the Green Monkey? Nope, I know, youÔÇÖre from the Purple Worm clan! I heard they had a few good fighters that might be worthy. Come, come.ÔÇØ He ushers the adventurers towards the crowd. ÔÇ£Ah but where are my manners? IÔÇÖm Talks Too Fast. Silly name, not sure what my teller was thinking when he named me. But I digress. Come, come. You must be eager to take part.ÔÇØ With that he finally takes a breath giving the goblins a chance to respond.

For the RP section here, IÔÇÖll switch to ÔÇ£respond as you go.ÔÇØ So IÔÇÖll try to respond to any dialog as fast as I can.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Heading forwards to see whats going on with the cheering.
"erm... we're not from any of those clans and we're actually on a bit of an adventure, but I say this is an odd place to be running...this type of thing, why near a spiders nest? aren't they troublesome?"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:59 pm

"Ah, goblin adventurers? You must be made of strong stuff my friends. You'll definitely fit in here. And no the spiders aren't a bother. About 5 months ago an adventure party came to clear them out. They had some rookie wizard with him. Apparently he was experimenting with magics way beyond what he was capable of. Humans, right? Always messing with things they can't handle. Anyways further down in the cave there is a deep fissure. There was a bridge across but that idiot blew it up. All that's left is a single narrow beam. Well, that and a bit of webbing. Anyways, afterwards the Black Rabbit clan noticed fewer spiders in the surrounding area. They went and checked it out. Turns out that without the bridge only the babies venture across the chasm. The bigger cocooners and the mutated ones (also a byproduct of the same idiot) don't venture out here. And according to the one survivor of that party, the big mama is somehow trapped in the chamber further back. So we decided to meet here instead of our old spot. Its hard to find a good spot. The spiders scare most away but we can easily deal with the little ones. It works out great for us."
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:33 pm

"How *tee* big do they get?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:47 pm

"Well, the cocooners are about twice the size of the ones you see on this side. The mutated ones are more less that size too. I don't know how big the mama is but I've heard rumors that she's HUUUUGGEE." He throws his arms out wide in an exaggerated gesture. "Apparently the height of 4 goblins but that may have just been an exaggeration. Still regardless she will be big."
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:26 am

"and what is it exactly you do here? Sounds like a gambling den or pit fight"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:16 am

"You don't know? Haven't you heard of us? Hmmph. Well, yes we fight here. Many of the best fighters from our clans have trouble training. Many of our clans only have two or 3 great fighters. Sparing against the lesser warriors only breeds mediocrity. And facing off against the same one or two good warriors means you only get used to fighting them, but their weaknesses are not others, so that only ends up getting you in trouble too. So we gather the best warriors from our clans and meet here to spar." As he speaks they finally get close enough to see a fight between two goblins through the crowd. They are completely unarmed. One is stripped down to a loincloth and the other down to a pair of shorts. With much of their bodies revealed its quite obvious how muscled these goblins are. Either one could easily become the champion of almost any clan. The one in the loincloth throws the one in the shorts to the ground but in a swift motion by his victim ends up on the ground too with one of his arms pinned. "At first it was a grim affair, but then Drinks-Too-Much came along with his kegs and made it a jollier event. It also attracted more recruits and we've done that much better with more variety in the ranks. Steals-Potions has made sure we're well stocked in healing potions so we can spar our way through several fights. And yes, some of us to partake in wagers. I've got a few coins on this fight."

Looking around the goblin adventurers can all see several goblins are holding a brew in their hands as they cheer and shout for the goblins sparring. Although none seem to be too drunk. Also as the cheers become more discernible and less like indistinct noise, its noticeable that many of the shouts are tips and suggestions. Then a third of the crowd erupts in in various versions "DON'T FALL FOR THAT!" The mass groan that follows makes it quite obvious this fight is over. The one in the shorts stands and throws his hands up victorious as a cheer erupts. A few groans too from those that are seen handing others money from their poaches (including Talks Too Fast). When the roar dies down he helps his opponent, "You're overextending when you try to throw someone down. You end up leaving your right side open." Despite being at each others throats moments before the two seem quite friendly. Someone hands each of them a small vial and as they drink it their wounds knit back together. Then the winner goes to a row of Kegs where he is handed a brew from a keg that is larger than the others and covered in fancy runes. As he drinks it down he falls back like he was passing out, but at the last second seems to catch and right himself. He was tipped well beyond the point a normal goblin would fall over. He seems to sway almost comically back and forth each time looking as they he was surely going to fall. Whatever in that keg sure had a powerful effect on him. None of the other goblins seem to be disturbed by this and have already fallen to discussing their observations on the technique employed by the two fighters. Talks Too Fast volunteers the answer at the goblins shocked expressions. "Drinks is supplying the prize tonight. A special brew stolen from a monastery of drunken masters. Apparently they somehow distill it from balance potions. Don't ask me how that's possible but somehow they do it."
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:26 am

The cheering crowd and the fight between the sparsely clad goblins make Walks feeling very conscious about not wearing anything but a cloak all of a sudden. Instinctively she wraps it around herself tighter, pulling the edges closed in her front, clutching them together with one hand.

"So anyone can fight here? And anyone who fights will get a healing potion? Is there any fee? And how do you match up the combatants? Or decide on the ratio of the bets on a certain fight?" Walks asks curiously. She also tries to discern whether any of the present goblins are female.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:38 am

Walks With The Wind looks around for other female goblins. She notices two very athletic looking goblin women talking to each other. Both are scantily clad, stripped down to the bare minimum like the other participants. No one seems to mind. In fact a couple of the goblins look at them with looks of respect. They have obviously proven themselves in the ring already.

Talks Too Fast laughs. "No entry fee or anything like that. We do this for our own betterment, not for profit. Although if you want a beer, Drinks does charge for it, aside for the brew he puts up as a reward. This is all about testing our skills, so we want to encourage everyone to fight. In fact all newbies are required to show their skills on their first visit. Though we were just winding down. I think we only have enough potions for three more fights. And no one from the same group fights each other. So the question is which three of you are going to fight? As for match ups, everyone here is a great fighter so for the most part its just about testing ourselves against different styles and shoring up our weaknesses. As for rules, No equipment. This is just goblin versus goblin. No advantages other than your own natural skill. Second, if your opponent gives up, taps out, or goes unconscious the fight is over. Other than that everything is fair game. As for betting, there isn't really a system. You put money on someone there is generally someone willing to match for his opponent. There are a couple goblins which people aren't willing to put even money against, but mostly its even money. Every once in a while someone will bet something other than money. A knife or an old shield. Nothing big. Most of us are pretty attached to our gear, despite the fact we train without it." He points over to a corner of the chamber where there are several individual piles with packs, swords, shields and all sorts of different weapons, armor and gear. "You can drop your gear with everyone else's stuff. Everyone here is trustworthy and even if they weren't, Spots-A-Thief over there won't let anything happen to it."

@Gathers to avoid any issues, I'm just going to say that all goblins (including player controlled ones) have appropriate underclothes not listed in their inventories.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10