GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Laughs attempts to dance a grinning jig, but winces as his battered body protests. He giggles and resumes his good humor, sincerely thanking his opponent for the fight before taking the healing vial. When offered the brew, he chortles "I think I'll take it *teeeeehhhee* to go, my good fellow! "

((That was pretty epic! I appreciate the effort you put into writing the fight! 8) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Walks puts away her stuff, checks that the bandage she applied earlier is still in place and doesn't hinder her mobility too much, adjusting it as needed, and does a little warming up and stretching.
"I'm ready." she replies to Talks. "Who will be my opponent?"
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:06 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:45 am

Drinks-Too-Much hands Laughs Creepily a bottle of the Drunken masters brew.

Walks With The Wind finds her bandage is holding well, even as she stretches out. Talks Too Fast responds to her questioning by calling over another goblin, ÔÇØHEY, Easily-Distracted. Get over here, youÔÇÖre fighting next.ÔÇØ A strong goblin starts walking over. But as he walks over he overhears someone heÔÇÖs passing says something about the previous fight

Easily-Distracted turns towards the speaker and responds, ÔÇØI agree. That was eerie. IÔÇÖve never seen someone laugh like that when struck.ÔÇØ

ÔÇØEASILY!ÔÇØ The sidetracked goblin turns and realizing his diversion once again continues over. Talks Too Fast just buries his face in his hand. ÔÇØSorry, he gets distracted easily. HeÔÇÖs from my clan. There is no one IÔÇÖd rather go on a raid with, but IÔÇÖd never trust him for guard duty. A whole battalion could sneak past him.ÔÇØ
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
*I had no intention of making the fight post anywhere near that long... I started to write and it just sorta happened. In fact much of this whole section is more than I intended, but that post particularly so.[/quote]
*Spider: point of clarification. When you say take the potion. Do you mean take as in put in your inventory or take as in drink?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:54 am

*To inventory.

Laughs limps over to Spots and collects his ear necklace, slipping it over his head and caressing the leathery bits fondly. He slips on the skull mask part way, testing it on his forehead, leaving his face exposed. He leaves the rest of his stuff where it is for now, acting the two potions to his stash. He returns to watch the next fight, giggling softly to himself.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:24 am

Happy with his previous winnings Forges decides to bet again trying to find the same goblin as last time, but of course this time on Walks.

Before the combat starts he does approach Laughs and congratulates him on his win and then suggest he bet on Walks too and perhaps laughs loudly during the match to distract Easily.

Once the battle starts Forges also does his best to shout and cheer also to distract Easily during the match but only at appropriate times. At one time he even shouts
"squirrel"
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Walks shakes some hands: Hobbles and Laughs, congratulating them both on providing such an interesting to watch and CLOSE fight, Talks for organizing it all and finally Easily.
"Hello, I'm Walks With The Wind, pleased to meet you." she says, winking at him. "Good luck to you."
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Laughs will likely find all of this hilarious, and laugh at everyone, setup separate from any intent to distract.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:26 am

Forges for Food seeks out a person to bet with and finds someone who is willing to bet with him.

Laughs Creepily grabs the creepier items from his stash of gear and rejoins the crowd.

Walks With The Wind shakes hands and exchanges niceties with other goblins.

As the fight begins Walks With The Wind and Easily-Distracted circle each other, looking for openings. Both give a few testing blows to draw out any weaknesses, but neither find any obvious ones to exploit. They each land a couple of light blows, but nothing too serious. Every once in a while, Easily-Distracted will steal a quick glance at a shout from the crowd, but never open up long enough to exploit.

Both slowly get a little bolder. Walks With The Wind goes for his legs while Easily-Distracted tries to grab her. Both are two cautious to get caught. Then Forges for Food yells, ÔÇ£Squirrel!ÔÇØ Easily-Distracted looks over to see who said it. It gives Walks With The Wind an opportunity to strike. She gets a good blow to his Jaw. But she unfortunately overextends and as she follows through he is able to grab her. Walks With The Wind tries to struggle out of his grip but he simply readjusts. Slowly his arm wraps tighter and tighter around her neck. As her vision begins to blur, she taps out.

Walks With The Wind loses 1 hp from the fight, but is given a small vial of healing potion for her trouble. Forges for Food loses his newly won 5gp.

Talks Too Fast turns to Zaks, "You ready for your fight?"

Ooc: Sorry. Gathers you lost your dice roll, but barely so I made it over fast with Walks only losing 1 hp. I respect your characterÔÇÖs honor but it cost you the fight. I feel bad that your fight didnÔÇÖt get to be as epic as SpiderÔÇÖs.
► Show Spoiler
*Sorry it took so long to get an update out. My friend stopped by unexpectedly Sunday needing a place to crash for the night, and hanging with him set me back on a lot of things.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:50 am

Zaks rises to the occasion by stepping into the ring and building up the audience with a wave of his hands. "Who's ready for a real fight" he says to the audience in an unnaturally deep booming voice. Pushing his chest out, he begins strutting around the ring, winking at the lady goblins as he passes them, except for the windy one.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 am

Walks smiles at Easily and shake his hand yet again. "Congratulations to you." she says, sincerely happy for him.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:32 am

Talks Too Fast smirks. "Well I'm glad you're eager. We always try to save the best for last. Your opponent will be Bites-Ears." A shudder goes through the crowd. One goblin subconsciously raises his hand to his mangled ear. The biggest goblin any of the adventurers have ever seen walks out of the crowd. His body is completely composed of tightly knit muscle. (this is the Mike Tyson of Goblinsbad pun but I couldn't resist) He looks down at Zaks and his stern expression breaks into a toothy grin. "Good luck little goblin."

Talks Too Fast turns to Zaks companions and whispers "Good thing your friend is brave. Rumor has it Bites' great grandmother was half ogre."

A lot of attempted betting breaks out, or rather would but no one seems to be willing to bet against Bites-Ears. One goblin starts calling out, "I'll bet my enchanted dagger on this fight if someone has something to match it with." but most goblins shoot him down saying they won't bet against a sure thing. But he keeps calling it out anyways.
► Show Spoiler
*I had no idea it would work out this way. I planned Bites Ears long before this quest started and chose order purely on first come first serve. It was only after the fact that I realized how karmically appropriate this match up is considering it was in your quest that my character lost his ear. Anyways, you can change your strategy as appropriate for your opponent.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:42 am

Tactics Change:
Against such an obviously brutal fellow, Zaks puts aside his cautious approach. Looking to the crowd of bitten eared fellows, he shouts, "This fight will be for you my ear-less fellows."

Zaks will enter full on aggressive mode and run at the opposing goblin, while screaming, FOR THE EARS!!

Win or Lose, he will attempt to bite off a chunk of one or both of Bites-Ears ears. He does this in an attempt to collect vengeance for other goblins missing pieces of their ears.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:04 pm

The distracting almost worked but damn back to evens on his betting. He goes and gives walks a godd pat on the back for thinking of the last bet.
Bites-ears...hmmm...Forges thinks to himself.

He goes up to Zaks and hands him his ear necklace.
"Here Zaks This is one big guy your after I'd suggest kicking him in the nuts or something but for now wear this for luck, if anything it will at least give bites something to gnaw on instead of your own ears. Hey laughs Give him your one too this feels the right situation to use it. "

He then goes to the dagger better
"Enchanted dagger.. ah... I've got this Wand of Mischievous Consequences i'm willing to bet, " (though was soo tempted to use it as a random effect during the match)
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Zaks rises to the occasion by stepping into the ring and building up the audience with a wave of his hands. "Who's ready for a real fight" he says to the audience in an unnaturally deep booming voice. Pushing his chest out, he begins strutting around the ring, winking at the lady goblins as he passes them, except for the windy one.

"*Buahahaheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*" Laughs collapses to the ground in a fit of laughter at the new goblin's pompous affectation. Struggling for breath, he only just regains his feet when they introduce his opponent. All mirth drops from his lips.

"Here Zaks This is one big guy your after I'd suggest kicking him in the nuts or something but for now wear this for luck, if anything it will at least give bites something to gnaw on instead of your own ears. Hey laughs Give him your one too this feels the right situation to use it. "

Laughs solemnly nods at Forge's suggestion and raising the cord above his head to place it around Zaks neck. "I better get it back, or I'll be looking for new ones... *Teheheheheeeeeehee*", he says, regaining some of his humor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:49 pm

The bettor looks surprised that he has a taker. "Hmmm... that might be pretty useful... Alright you've got a bet." He smirks like he just got away with something. He might have.

Talks Too Fast frowns as the goblins give Zaks their ear necklaces. He steps in concerned. He consults with one goblin who pulls out a trinket and after a moment nods that the necklaces are mundane and not actually magical. After a few more moments of talk with another goblin, he reluctantly rules that the necklaces are legal for the fight. Bites-Ears has a look on his face like a goblin who has been alone for a year and just saw a harem of mudhoney covered babes.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Now a little dubious about his plan and wager Forges hopes to Cheer Zaks along the best he can be giving tactical advice at the right moments!

"Dodge Left.... No not that left your other left... Punch him in the ear See how he likes it... Throw sand in his eyes!"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:06 pm

The fight begins and Zaks charges. A moment of shock momentarily takes Bites-Ears. Apparently few ever charge him directly. It subsides and turns into an evil grin as Zaks leaps at him... And lands right in his arms. Zaks ends up trapped in a tight bear hug. As he squeezes his vice like grip around Zaks tighter, Bites-Ears cranes his neck around and bites down hard on Zaks ear. Except that wasnÔÇÖt Zaks ear. As Bites-Ears rips free the ear one of the necklaces breaks. Bites-Ears apparently doesnÔÇÖt like the taste of whatever was used to preserve the ears as he spits it out and starts coughing. As he does so his grip loosens around Zaks. Zaks doesnÔÇÖt waste the opportunity and wriggles up and bites Bites-Ears ear and starts trying to rip it free. Bites-Ears yowls in pain and throws Zaks away, finishing the process of tearing his ear in the same act.

Bites-Earsand Zaks face each other. Zaks gleefully spits out Bites-Ears ear with a vicious smile, and the crowd goes wild. Bites-Ears clutches the partial stump of his ear glaring angrily. He charges Zaks swinging wildly with one hand, while the other still clutches his head. His rage leaves him easily overbalanced. Zaks dodges and then jumps on his back attempting to bite the other ear. Too counter, Zaks falls on his back, knocking the wind out of the smaller goblin with his immense weight. Bites-Ears gets up and then punches Zaks. Zaks tries to dodge but his roll is a little too slow and the blow catches him in the shoulder. Zaks scrambles back to catch his breath a moment.

Bites-Ears is still set on avenging his ear and charges again. Zaks doesnÔÇÖt fully manage to dodge but avoids the worst of the blow. However it does leave him off balance and unable to counter. Zaks uses it to his advantage though. He limps back feigning injury. Bites-Ears charges, but Zaks is ready this time. He jumps between Bites-Ears legs and then leaps up on his back again. Bites-Ears tries falling on his back again but Zaks is ready and jumps out just in time leaving Bites-Ears momentarily stunned, and then dives in for the other ear. Bites-Ears panics and frantically taps on the ground ending the fight.

The crowd is stunned, but quickly comes to congratulate Zaks. He is fairly beat up but he is given his healing vial and asked if he would like his drink for here or to go.

Talks Too Fast goes to the center, raises his glass, and addresses the crowd, ÔÇØWell fought everyone who participated today. IÔÇÖm afraid Steals-Potions is out of Healing potions aside for the couple he keeps for emergencies. Drinks-Too-Much still has plenty of beer left though. So drink up and weÔÇÖll pack up in the morning.ÔÇØ With that every gives a cheer and takes a swig, before settling into other activities.

The bettor reluctantly gives Forges for Food a beautiful dagger. The handle appears to be made of silver and has several sapphires set into the guard and the pommel. Its enchantments are crafted to destroy fire creatures (see statblock).

► Show Spoiler
*Sorry it took so long to get this update out. A small favor to a friend somehow turned into a major project, which backed me up on a lot of things, and then every time I sat down to do the post something came up. Things should be semi back to normal now. Hopefully.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Laughs giggles as he runs out onto the arena to collect the broken necklace. He'll look to see which one it is, and if he can fix it. He'll also grab Bites chunk of ear as well, storing it is no one asks, and offering it back to its original owner of prompted.

If he can fix the necklace, he will, and either return it to Forges and collect his from Zaks, or put it on, deepening on whose it is.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Whoops I knew I forgot something...

Laughs Creepily runs into the ring to find it is his necklace that broke. While the pieces are intact, it is beyond his ability to repair.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Giggling and sobbing softly, Laughs collects the broken necklace as well as the ear bitten off in the fight.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:33 am

Ecstatic that Zak won and he won a new prize he sees Laughs giggle-sobbing about his ear necklace and as he goes to collect his he offers it first to Laughs to let him have a whole one or to Zaks to commemorate his win.
"Well done Zaks"

Once this has occurred his heads over to the bettor and collects his new shiny.
"Well it was a long shot but that was a good match. maybe a bit too much ear biting though." he smirks jokingly

After waiting for a while Forges off handly asks Talks if anyone here might be interested in joining them on their mission further into the cave or have interest in joining the guild.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:09 am

Laughs Creepily tries to collect Bites-Ears's ear but he holds onto it. Apparently he holds out hope that a healer might be able to reattach it. Laughs Creepily is still able to retrieve his broken necklace though.

Forges for Food inquires with Talks Too Fast about assistance. Talks Too Fast asks around but most are in the middle of their drunken merriment and would be in no state to help even if they wanted to (which they don't). He does find a female goblin by the name of Mudhoney-Enthusiast who is willing to guide them as far as the broken bridge, but she wants to come back before the party is over. Spots-Trouble agrees to go too so that Mudhoney-Enthusiast doesn't have to walk back alone. Both quickly grab their gear and are soon ready to go. They wish to get back to the party soon.

*I'll let people finish up anything here but I'd like everyone to post if they're ready to go so I know if we can move on.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:35 am

"No, no, that's yours, my friend. *teeeeehhhhhheeeeeehhhhheeeeeeee* Ralf can fix it for me! " , he says, brightening.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Zaks stands there for a moment in shock. He hears the wild screaming as if it were at a distance. The creepy goblin and the yellow one came toward him and took the necklace of ears from him. Still he stood there in silence. Finally, the noise of the room became crystal clear and he awoken to the sounds. Lifting his fists up in the air, he let out a wolf-like howl and ran over to the lady-goblins and smacked them on the butt following it up with a wink.

Coming to a stop in front of Talks, he takes the healing potion and swigs it down, wiping the remnants from his lips. I'll take that beer to go actually, would rather not be stumbling into a fight drunk off my butt. He grins as he collects his beer and then loping over to the inventory pile to collect his belongings.