GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Just updating the statblock. I'll assume since neither of you posted anything other than fluff, that you're both ready to go.
► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Since the healing potion only does 2 HP, Laughs will down it as the group leaves the arena area.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:55 am

Walks smiles and nods at Zaks. "Nicely done."
She picks up all her things.

Before leaving, she asks Talks. "So how do you deal with the little spiders? We were able to handle the few we ran into on our way here, but it's always nice to get pointers from people who deal with certain situations on a daily basis, instead of trying for the first time."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:32 am

Talks Too Fast seems a little confused by the question. "Well like I said they're only the small ones, so they're fairly easy to deal with. We always come in groups so we're harder to ambush."

Spots-Trouble chimes in, "Watch the ceilings so they don't drop down on you and your feet so you don't step in one of their web traps."
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Tells walk with the rest to leave to enter deeper into the cave.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Forges keeps to the middle of the group but keeps his eyes wandering everywhere in signs of ambushes.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:46 pm

The goblins depart deeper into the cave. Mudhoney-Enthusiast and Spots-Trouble both bring out their own torches. They keep the lead and the rest are fine letting them do so. Along the way Spots-Trouble sees and burns away a couple of web traps but it seems no spiders were present. Both have strong armor and weapons, but theyÔÇÖre unnecessary as they reach the fissure unmolested. A deep crack runs the width of the cave. ItÔÇÖs about 30 feet across, and itÔÇÖs impossible to determine how deep it goes even by the torch light. All that remains of the bridge is a single narrow wooden beam that runs across and a couple supports for it. Hanging from the beam are several webs that go down into the fissure. Caught in one of them is a corpse that obviously fell while trying to cross the beam. Most of his gear seems to have been gnawed away but he is wearing some fancy armor that seems to be intact and there are a few potion bottles on what remains of his belt.

Mudhoney-Enthusiast takes a single step out on to the beam and crouches over staring down into the fissure. She seems to be looking down into the abyss. ÔÇØWeÔÇÖve seen the spiders come up out of here before, be careful not to fall into the web. TheyÔÇÖll sense it and likely swarm you before you can free yourself. ÔÇØ

Spots-Trouble nods, Yep, I see a couple hiding on that side. I only see two, but there are likely more. His vision must be amazing since no one else sees them.

Mudhoney-Enthusiast steps back from the beam in a single lithe movement. ÔÇØWell, good luck to you all. This is where I leave you. With that she and Spots-Trouble start to turn back (if you wish to interact with them you can before they leave otherwise theyÔÇÖre gone).

For some reason the narrowness of the beam doesnÔÇÖt seem as imposing to Tells Bad Jokes. For some reason heÔÇÖs feeling a bit more dexterous than the others.

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 pm

Walks bid the two goblins from the fighting pit farewell and thanks them for their company.

She pulls out her length of rope and asks the others: "Do any of you want to tied ourselves together, so in case one of us slips, the others can pull them up again? It will work best, if everyone does it. If only 2 goblins are tied together, it's as likely that both fall as my intended way of saving each other."

If any of the others want tying together, she'll gladly use the rope to secure them all together. If there are no takers, Walks tries to figure out a way to tie a "safety line" to the beam, that she can move along with her and enact that as plan B.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:52 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:07 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:31 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:50 am

Zaks looks down over the gap and lets out a low whistle. He turns to the others with a suggestion. "If you were to tie a rope around me and all hold onto it, perhaps I could walk across and then jump down there for that guys stuff." He says pointing out the wrapped up person whose armor twinkles in the torch light.

► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:06 am

"Goodbye guys, Thanks for the help."

Trying to see what Spots Saw Forges peers down the crack and looks at the armour.

"I agree with the rope tying before we cross over and before you go jumping in their Zaks if we're lucky we might be able to pull it up. It looks like its attached to the beam via a web."
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:51 am

((We have 4 doses of balance juice, I'd say that two of us should go across (Laughs and Zaks?), with one end of the rope and a torch, while leaving the other end on this side. Once there, tie it to the bridge, if possible, to give the others crossing a safety line should they fall. Once on the other side, take up a defensive position and prepare for spider attack as the others are crossing. Once all are across, we can see about getting the armored body. That would leave us 2 doses to do the same on the way back (or we could send 3 now and save one for later to tie off the rope on the way back). ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:24 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:((We have 4 doses of balance juice, I'd say that two of us should go across (Laughs and Zaks?), with one end of the rope and a torch, while leaving the other end on this side. Once there, tie it to the bridge, if possible, to give the others crossing a safety line should they fall. Once on the other side, take up a defensive position and prepare for spider attack as the others are crossing. Once all are across, we can see about getting the armored body. That would leave us 2 doses to do the same on the way back (or we could send 3 now and save one for later to tie off the rope on the way back). ))
Why Not Tells go you wont have to use most of the juice
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:36 am

"Here's what we should do We tie every one in a line with the ropes. Who ever goes first has the first swig and leads. Tells will be third due to his natural talent and the person who goes last also has a swig. That way we can do the same when we come back. When Tells is in the middle he can also check to see if he can pull the body up which is connected to the beam as he will have help from both sides if needed. Otherwise I guess we can try Zaks plan " Forges shrugs at the end.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:11 am

Zaks rubs his chin thoughtfully. "There is a third option, fellow goblins. With the rope and one of your backpacks emptied out, we can tie the rope to the back and let the owner of the special stone to cross first. Then he can place the stone in the backpack and we can bring it back here, then the next person uses it and repeat. This way, we don't need to waste the special brew." He says, quite proudly for having come up with such a secure plan. "Besides, you are all suggesting that this is the only place we will need balance."

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:46 am

Forges for Food looks into the fissure. The corpse is stuck on the web. There are a few thin tendrils of webbing over the body securing it but it is not cocooned yet and should be retrievable if someone figures out how. The armor is blue with an insignia of a yellow sun on the chest. There are red beams streaking outward from the sun. On the belt he sees a few potions. Two look like they might be healing potions, but the third one looks different. Looking into the cracks he sees nothing. Twice he thinks he sees a flash of movement behind the rock formations jutting out but they are gone just as quickly. If it wasnÔÇÖt for Spots-TroubleÔÇÖs warning he would think he had imagined it.

The goblins discuss strategies to get across but have yet to decide anything.

*ThatÔÇÖs all the update I can really give you since the rest is just discussion. Once you guys decide on a group strategy or someone takes initiative IÔÇÖll update properly.

*Also gathers, it occurs to me that sometimes tabs don't work for me but only when I my internet connection slows down and the page has yet to fully load. Once it fully loads its fine. Perhaps the loading got stopped and that's why tabs didn't work for you? Since the last 2 were on the same page. Just a guess.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:11 am

(Psting this OOC, as Laughs is more the giggling maniac than strategist.

I'm willing to go first, with a swig of the balance juice and one end of the rope tied around Laugh's middle. When he gets to the end, he'll tie it to the beam and stand guard... if spiders attack, he's got a chance to make them back off once they get a taste of his Lance of Terror.

Badge does make a good point that we may need balance juice later on as well, just because this is the obvious place to use it doesn't mean there won't be others.

I'm not a huge fan of the 'tie everyone together' and being on the bridge at once. If we get attacked while on the bridge, all roped together, we are kind of boned, and as soon as one falls, the rest follow... unless perhaps someone jumps off the other side.

I think we need to establish a foothold on the far side first, then bring goblins over incrementally. Then if we are attacked, we have some means of holding that side.... of course,the other concern is if we are attacked from below, they could go for either side (or possibly climb the up silk to the bridge itself.)

I'm posting this OOC, as Laughs is more the giggling maniac than strategist.

Also, I'd posted above, but Laughs will drink the healing potion he received.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:45 am

"I definitely don't want to be tied to anyone deliberately jumping down." Walks declares, rolling her eyes at so much suggested recklessness. "I also want to remind you that the beam is connected with some spider silk to god knows what, and that movement on it might attract spiders. So we may not have enough time to have us go across one by one before getting swarmed by them." she frowns and thinks about this for a while.

"How about one of us gets the rope tied around them, while the others hold onto the other end? The one with the rope starts crossing the beam stomping his feet and tries to either lure all the spiders that will come because of the vibrations in the silk, or scare them away. We pull them back in, once they are approaching and deal with them. When they are all dead or scared off, we can then make plans of how to get us all across. And no one needs to drink the balancing potion yet, as the only one on the bridge will be secured with the rope, anyways."
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:53 am

Tired of inaction. Zaks puts his hands on his hips, lets out a loud huff. He takes the end of the rope and knots it around his waist before beginning to crawl, on hands and knees, across the wooden bridge. He takes his time, moving slowly and deliberately, trying to keep his center of gravity low, while also trying not to hit cause any reverberations in the webbing below. He keeps his eyes on the bridge as he moves across it.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:21 am

Zaks gets exasperated with the others. He snatches the rope and ties the end to himself. Before anyone else can react, he is crossing the beam. Its slow going but he stays well balanced and out of trouble. Once he reaches the other end he stands up and finds himself on firm ground. The rope now stretches across the divide.
► Show Spoiler
*thanks badge, I was beginning to worry, no one would act.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:09 am

Zaks puts his hands on his hips, lets out a loud huff.

"*Buahaaahahaaa*"

...beginning to crawl, on hands and knees, across the wooden bridge.

"*teeeeeteeeeeteeehhheeee*"

(Are you going to keep it knotted around you, or tie it off? Laughs will cautiously follow in a similar manner, giggling softly once Zaks had the rope end where he wants it.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:22 am

As the creepy goblin with the starts to guffaw, zaks puts a finger to his lips. "Shush you, do you want to wake up all the spiders." He says in a hushed whisper. He speaks quietly across the gap to the others "As you see, if you take your time, you can work your way across on your hands and knees, use the rope to steady you if you need to."

Zaks looks around the other side of the chasm, to see if there are any nearby stalagmites nearby in which to wrap the rope around, if he finds anything that will work, he does so.