CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 4!!!!

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 4!!!!

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:50 am

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: 3 (Nerre, Runsaround, Badge)
B: 0
C: 2 (Chuck, Runsaround)
F: 3
-destination: Aru: 3 (Nerre, Chuck, Runsaround)
G: 0
H: 3 (Nerre, Chuck, Badge)
I: (define type)
J: Other option (each suggestion costs at least 1 Action point)
1. Sam Jones asks around for help in building a great Tavern/Inn within the town, so that when the gnomes return or other travelers come, they would have a place to Drink, Eat & Sleep.

Question: Kir'rul, where is the closest friendly village that we might contact in order to make friends and ally with in this new world?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:06 am

Runsaround wrote:"A representative of the gods! Kir'rul, why has the great and mighty Pelor elected to honour the weak mortals of this plane with such attention?"
Kir'rul seems surprised by the question and for a long time he just looks into the air with a puzzling gaze, then he nods, whispers a few words and then turns to you "you are different... Here in this world, most humans souls are black or white or in many ways easy to define as good, evil, lawful, chaotic or right in between... But in you who arrived four years ago Pelor sees it all... Not only in the town as a whole but in each and everyone he sees a bit of each. And not just in one way at a time, but in multiple ways all the time... You all seem cable of being good and evil at the same time... He does not know what to make of it, but he believes it has significance... There are more, but that is bound my power to answer"

BadgeAddict wrote: Question: Kir'rul, where is the closest friendly village that we might contact in order to make friends and ally with in this new world?
Again Kir'rul shifts his head, this time south. "if you follow the river south it would take a great eagle four weeks to reach the first human settlement, that is the closest thing you will reach that can be called friendly, and I will not say that all who lives there fit the description"

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: 3 (Nerre, Runsaround, Badge)
-destination: Aru: 3 (Nerre, Chuck, Runsaround)
H: 3 (Nerre, Chuck, Badge)
1. Sam Jones asks around for help in building a great Tavern/Inn within the town, so that when the gnomes return or other travelers come, they would have a place to Drink, Eat & Sleep.
-Best regards LAYF

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:47 am

Minor Action +10AP: Robert will seek out (scout bonus?) and attempt to tame (animal handling bonus?) one (or more) of the beasts Kir'rul told him about.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Just to make sure.
Your free and individual actions (must be in relation to Pelor's "mission" and must be this month!)

Nerre: None yet.
Chuck: scout out Aru (before or after going for a steed?)
Runsaround: None yet.
Badge: None yet.
Others:

(please respond in the above form.. )
Any OOC questions, please in spoilers.

@Chuck
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:02 pm

I took our "reaction" to mean we could influence how our civ felt about Pelor not a full free action so that wasn't completely clear to me and possibly others. So I meant my action as advise caution, but if its a full action, in that case yes I will scout Aru. I'll go for a steed(s) before scouting.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:05 am

Ah sorry...
No, what I wanted to say was:
-All towns folk will individually choose what to do (as if they had a minor/major action to use)
-Players will also get to choose what to do (as a free action, equal to a major action. players can if they so wish, boost this action by spending their own minor/major actions or action points)
-Players can if they want try and affect the towns folks actions by using either the free action mentioned above, or an action of their own.

Hope that clears things up :)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:41 am

Can i add a major action to the free action to boost the effect? Either way, I would like my action to be free.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:56 am

well, the text wayland said was my free move to affect the town folks. I have no great idea for a convincing speech. Lot of wedding celebration preparation...
"I would say we try to follow his offer." Wayland openly approves of Kir'ruls task.
:zzz:

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:21 pm

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: 4 (Nerre, Runsaround, Badge, Nolandking)
-destination: Aru: 4 (Nerre, Chuck, Runsaround, Nolandking)
H: 4 (Nerre, Chuck, Badge, Nolandking)
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:26 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Can i add a major action to the free action to boost the effect? Either way, I would like my action to be free.
Hmm, your action I can not see ans a "reaction" to what Kir'ruls says... "building a tavern" is your own action.. the free action most be as a response to Kir'ruls information/quest

Nerre wrote:well, the text wayland said was my free move to affect the town folks. I have no great idea for a convincing speech. Lot of wedding celebration preparation...
"I would say we try to follow his offer." Wayland openly approves of Kir'ruls task.
Should I take it as Wayland going on the quest to Aru? or as wayland trying to convince others to do the same?

Nolandking, do you have a reaction to Kir'ruls quest/information?
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:54 pm

He is trying to convince people to do it. He will help in the town with the harvest, while others do the scouting or go on the mission.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Game dead by timeout?