CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 4!!!!

Home to all current Forum Games.
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 2

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:09 pm

posting so i remember to read up on this and join in ! when i have time
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Cool Asks :), I'll look forward to seeing your contribution :)

Posting for new page:

A: 3 (Nerre, Chuck, Badge)
B: 1 (Chuck)
C: 1 (non hostile, Badge)
D: 1 (Badge)
E:
F:
G:
H:
I: 1 (Chuck)
J: 1 (Nerre - fire, metal and forging) - Minor action used by Nerre
K:
L:
M: Other option: 1 (Nerre - look for ore)

What we vote for:
OPTIONS, choose up to 4:
A: Continue building a palisade wall around the main town.
B: Send out a few men to find May!
C: Try contacting the Giant creature (hostile or non hostile approach?)
D: Add the dead animals to the food storage!
E: Do NOT add the animals.
F: Send out another scout party (Choose direction or destination)
G: Build more houses, living together is fine for couples and families, but you all need a place to call your own!
H: Try praying to god again!
I: Try praying to this "Pelor" God you heard about!
J: Try praying to another god by praying to a specific item/event/emotion (Define god of what?)
K: Yell at Merlin, (into the air)
L: Try convincing people NOT to pray at all.
M: Other option (each suggestion costs at least 1 Action point)
-Best regards LAYF

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:14 pm

A: 3 (Nerre, Chuck, Badge)
B: 2 (Chuck, Runsaround)
C: 2 (non hostile, Badge, Runsaround)
E:
F:
G:
H:
J: 2 (Nerre, Runsaround - fire, metal and forging) - Minor action used by Nerre
K:
L:
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Waiting for Nolandking (and anyone else who would like to join)
I'll lock votes either after Nolandking votes or in 24 hours from now...
-Best regards LAYF

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:27 pm

A: 4 (Nerre, Chuck, Badge,Noland)
B: 2 (Chuck, Runsaround)
C: 3 (non hostile, Badge, Runsaround,Noland)
E:
F:
G:
H:
J: 3 (Nerre, Runsaround,Noland - fire, metal and forging) - Minor action used by Nerre
K:
L:
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:22 am

okay.. not locking votes just yet. Gonna update as soon as possible and will allow for votes until then..
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:34 am

Magically Misplaced!

3/3 SPRING, game year 1.
► Show Spoiler
Another month passes, and summer is near! People talked about going out to find May, but decided that she would probably return by her own. And indeed she did, sadly not alone!

Twelve days after she ran away the Fishing village was attacked, no less than seven zombies this time, May among them! It was a hard fight, not least because people did not want to fight May, they tried to talk to her, calm her or trap her, but when she got close to one of the kids who had ran there to see what happened one of the guards had to take action and fired an arrow into her head!

Luckily no one was hurt in the combat, but clearly this is not going to stop anytime soon, something should be done about it...

In better news, the palisade wall around the main town is finished, it took up the rest of the timber reserves, but the lumberjacks are already filling it back up!

A small group of men decides that the Animals left at the forest edge is a gift from the giant, and adds them to the storage, but not before trying to eat a small batch, to see if something is wrong with it, all seems fine.
This encourages the people to try and contact the Giant, as he seems friendly! While the idea may be good, the timing is not! when the men gets to the small clearing where the giant has his fireplace they hear yelling, deep voices yelling! "Hum you scum! we told you not to steal our deer! Squirrels and mice, ducks and birds, only small animals can you eat! That's your punishment and you know it!" then all hell breaks loose, getting closer the men can see three other Cyclops beating up the one armed one! "Teaching you a lesson Hum, better you learn it!"
After a some minutes it seems They are about done beating up Hum who is silent on the ground! but then one of your men takes a wrong step and makes noise loud enough to alert one of them "What's that?" one says and they all starts walking towards you! Suddenly Hum gets back up on his legs, throws a rock right at the neck of the biggest Cyclops just before he starts running away, the two smaller turns to run after him but the biggest one stops them "STOP!... There is no time to chase him now... We have to go see if the humans are productive! Garal wants a big harvest before we attack!"

That's all the men hear before they have to hide! The three Cyclops walks right past them towards the town! The men are shaken and it takes them some time before they gather the courage to go back to town! when they get there everything seems to be just fine, and there are no signs of the Cyclops.

Hum, as the one armed Cyclops is apparently named is not seen anymore this month, and his fires only burn every third or fourth day now...

Oblon the sage continues his search for a higher power, but it is not before he by random chance bumps into Wayland something happens.
Just as Oblon passes Wayland, the timber Wayland is carrying towards the wall breaks in two, upon inspection the two sees that the inside of the wood is scorched and burned, somehow small deposits of iron ore are inside. INSIDE the wood!
Talking together Oblon concludes that it must be Waylands desire to forge again that somehow has attracted the higher powers of this realm... or at least, that's the theory!

Just as the month is about to end Captain Aengus calls the people together for a more important discussion! Just outside the walls are two... ehm... Dwarfs? Eh... people of small stature, but not deformed like the Dwarfs back in England. They call themselves Gnomes and goes by the names Zionil and Gond! They say that they are traveling sales and craftsmen who have by accident lost their food rations to a pack of wolves! They beg of you to allow them a place to sleep, just for the night! and, if you are willing, they would also like to buy from you some food for the rest of their travels, and permission to return in the winter, using the town as a rest place during the worst of the winter storms... In return they will give you the rest of their wears! including both tools and some weapons.

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: Send out armed men to find whatever turned May and others into zombies. (armed with 4 swords and 2 bows)
B: Try finding Hum (giant) again (hostile or non hostile approach?)
C: Investigate into the situation with the other three Cyclops.
G: Build more houses, living together is fine for couples and families, but you all need a place to call your own!
H: Try praying to god again!
I: Try praying to this "Pelor" God you heard about!
J: Other option (each suggestion costs at least 1 Action point)

What should be done about Zionil and Gond (choose two)
1: Invite Zionil and Gond in, try talking a bit with them; where are they from? what is this place?
2: Accept their offer, you give them some food now and a place to stay next winter, in return they will give you the wares they have now and bring you some iron bars and coal from their secret stash.
3: Accept the offer, but let them keep their wares.
4: Accept their offer, but follow them and see where their stash is.
5: Kill them and take their stuff, maybe they have a map to the stash!
6: Tell Zionil and Gond its time to leave (follow/don't follow?)

Still (always) open for new players)

MAP:
► Show Spoiler
Sight explanation:
► Show Spoiler
Settlement status:
► Show Spoiler
Player status:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 3

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:48 am

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A) 1 (Badge)
B) 1 (Non-Hostile: Badge)
C)
D)
E)
F)
G) 1 (Inside of Palisade: Badge)
H)
I)
J)

What should be done about Zionil and Gond (choose two):
1) 1 (Badge)
2) 1 (Badge)
3)
4)
5)
6)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Ummm... so my minor action didn't happen?

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A) 2 (Badge, Chuck)
B) 2 (Non-Hostile: Badge, Chuck)
C)
D)
E)
F)
H)
I) 1 (Chuck)
J)

1) 2 (Badge, Chuck)
2) 2 (Badge, Chuck)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Oh, my mistake... I got it mixed in with the vote to find him...
I can roll for it and see if it brings you extra Intel, or you can save the minor action due to what you know now?
-Best regards LAYF

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:42 pm

I'll save it. I'm sure I can find a better use for my action.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:58 pm

Okay... Sorry about the mistake again...
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:44 pm

As Waylands prayers got heared, even if no god did speak directly to him, he decides to thank Pelor, hoping he is the right one to dedicate his prayers to.
He also agrees that they need to check on the zombie thread.
Then he walks to the hut where he keeps his stuff and puts the wood with the iron core there. After that, he asks the lumber man where they collected the wood and check if other pieces from the same kind of plant or location also have an iron core. If that is the case, he will analyze if the amount of ore depends on the diameter or if it is about the same for a branch and a log. To do that, he will for example have a look at the trunks in the ground. If possible, he will collect as much iron as he can find. If the wider pieces contain more, he will try to harvest it from the trunks or ask the lumberman to give him the innermost pieces of the logs when they cut them up for planks and beams.

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A) 2 (Badge, Chuck, Nerre)
B) 2 (Non-Hostile: Badge, Chuck)
C)
D)
E)
F)
H)
I) 1 (Chuck, Nerre)
J) 1 (Nerre) <= analyze the iron in wood mystery, putting in as many regular action points as neccessary. If possible at the same time, also try to collect iron while doing that. More details in roleplay above.

As Wayland likes to have some fellow craftsmen around, he agrees to let them in. But he wants them to keep their wares, at least not to make them the price for their stay. He might accept them if they give them voluntarily, but they don't have to in his eyes. If they add their craftsmanship to that of the rest of the people, it would be more than enough help for the town. Out town can really need some help. And if they trick us, well, we only lose some food. Is this a mix between option 2 and 3, or is it one of them or something totally different?

1) 3 (Badge, Chuck, Nerre)
2) 2.5 (Badge, Chuck, Nerre) <= give food and later winter shelter, but not for a price
3) 0.5 (Nerre) <= give food and later winter shelter, but not for a price
4)
5)
:zzz:

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Main OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A) 4 (Badge, Chuck, Nerre, Noland)
B) 3 (Non-Hostile: Badge, Chuck, Noland)
C)
D)
E)
F)
H)
I) 3 (Chuck, Nerre, Noland)
J) 1 (Nerre)

What should be done about Zionil and Gond ?
1) 4 (Badge, Chuck, Nerre,Noland)
2) 2.5 (Badge, Chuck, Nerre) <= give food and later winter shelter, but not for a price
3) 1.5 (Nerre, Noland) <= give food and later winter shelter, but not for a price
4)
5)
6)

Minor action: Aengus looks thought out the village for someone to train to be his vice captain.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:28 pm

I think a clarification is in order. Nerre added things on to options 2-3 that I and Chuck did not request, thus i split the vote out as you can see below. Chuck, if you wish to follow nerre in his free-handout mentality, please specify, otherwise it will be assumed that you voted for the initial option.

C)
D)
E)
F)
H)
J) 1 (Nerre)

2) 3 (Nerre) <= not for a price (Badge, Chuck [undecided]) <= For the price as is in the option.
3) 2 (Nerre, Noland) (letting them keep their wares, is giving things to them for no price :roll: )
4)
5)
6)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:56 pm

sorry. I wasn't fully sure if #3 ment "like #2, but without making their wares the price" AND "letting them in for the winter". Would like to get the wares cause they will be helpful, but not by being a dick and telling them "Freeze outside or hand it over in the winter." If they will stay here, I hope they bring along some coal anyway for the winter. ;)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:54 pm

To Nerre. That would be option 3. It's meant as the same as 2, but without taking their wares.

C)
D)
E)
F)
H)
J) 1 (Nerre)

2) 2 (Badge, Chuck)
3) 2 (Nerre, Noland)
4)
5)
6)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Awaiting a few more votes before I'll update... that or when to long has passed :P
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Looking forward to it. Got 1-2 hours left, else it will be not before 23-25 hours from now.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:24 pm

don't let this die with only 3 rounds played.
still sad almost every one of your great games I had the pleasure to play in died far too soon. :(

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 4

Post by LAYF » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:07 am

//Sorry, it was not my intent to make it seem like it was dead... Just hoped for a response from Runs... but yea... I stalled to long....
Herer you go!!! ///

Magically Misplaced!

1/3 SUMMER, game year 1.
New season, everyone gets 5 Action points!
Beginning of summer, 10% chance for all to gain major action 1d100 = 62. no actions.
Beginning of summer, 50% chance for all to gain a minor action 1d100 = 42. 1 extra minor action for all

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
We start out with the two Gnomes, Zionil and Gond! The towns people mostly agree to let the two men stay, and also to let them come again in the winter, but there are some disagreements as to if they should pay for this hospitality or not!

On one side the people are willing to let them stay the night for free, they seem harmless and friendly after all... but many is a bit unsure if they should beforehand allow them to stay the whole winter. But some people, including both Aengus and Wayland thinks it should be free of charge, at least, as long as it has no cost to the town... The two Gnomes are asked to wait outside while the town discuss...
After some time the a conclusion is reached, the two Gnomes can stay, also for the winter, as long as they are willing to work and help in the time they stay.

Zionil and Gond seems happy to be received so warm and welcome, but they will not accept.. in fact, they insists to pay for their stay with more than just work! In total they pay the town five gold for each person's hospitality, a sum of 165 Gold, but they also leave a lot metal wares, including knives, high quality armored gloves and a box of mixed items that none of you have any idea what is (minor actions can be used to test out items. currently 0/12 items have been examined)
The day after they leave again with new provisions and well wishes for you all... telling that they will be back at the end of fall or start winter.

Captain Aengus is going around town, hoping to find someone willing to work as vise captain, and he finds a valid candidate! in fact, Rasmus shoves signs of good leadership right away, as he calls people together for a voluntary scout mission to figure out what is happening with all the zombies! A total of six men marches out to look into the problem... sadly, none returns....

Trying to get a hold of Hum proves just as fruitless, but at least not as dangerous... the one time you manage to get a track on him he quickly vanishes deeper into the woods, he seems to be afraid of all contact right now, even from you... maybe trying to prove you wish him no harm would help?

One thing that does bare some fruit is the worshiping, after a long time, and multiple prayers sends skyward a sign appears... Kir'rul third lutenant to, Kir'ril Arch Deva of Pelor comes down in a Colum of light and talks to the towns folk! "Trouble hunts you humans!" he says "seven of your children have fallen to darkness, and mighty Pelor fears that more will follow if you do not act!" He pauses and then shifts his head and looks south, as if seeing something in the distance " To the south lies the old town of Aru. one hundred twenty three people once lived there! Free them in the height of summer, under the high sun, and he will smile to you! if your swords are lifted and swung against what is truly the result of darkness, he will make sure they are not lost, but will rise again as living free folk! Carry the mark of the sun and he will make sure your skin is protected, carry the shield of fait and he will make sure your skin is healed from any wound when all are free... you may now ask me seven questions and gain seven answers, but I will only answer what you need to know, and not all that you wish to know!"
► Show Spoiler

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: Try going into the forest with some food as an offering to Hum and a sign of friendship.
B: Hunt down Hum, he may end up being too much of a danger in his scared state.
H: Set all work in on the Harvest, you need as much food as possible!
I: Start looking for recourses, you need to expand to survive. (define type)

IMPORTANT:
You must decide among yourself how you wish to react to what Kir'rul said! this is a FREE action, but it can be boosted by minor/major actions and action points... each and every towns folk will react individually unless you guys try and affect them in some direction.

Also remember that you may ask Kir'rul questions, but only one per player, and he will only answer if he thinks you need to know...

Still (always) open for new players)

MAP:
► Show Spoiler
Sight explanation:
► Show Spoiler
Settlement status:
► Show Spoiler
Player status:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Re: CIV - Magically Misplaced! - Round 4!!!!

Post by Nerre » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:55 pm

"I would say we try to follow his offer." Wayland openly approves of Kir'ruls task, before he asks Kir'rul "What is ment by the mark of the sun and how do we get it?". Wayland is not sure if Kir'rul is talking about a sun burn, maybe marks that look like a sun, for example a tattoo or a branding that looks like a sun. And he definitly wants to be prepared and safe after he has been told that the scout party of six is gone by the messenger of the new god.

Wayland also spends 2 Minor action points in checking through the 12 strange objects, trying to find out what they are. As a blacksmith he is very curious about the metal ware gifts.

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: Try going into the forest with some food as an offering to Hum and a sign of friendship. (1 Nerre)
B: Hunt down Hum, he may end up being too much of a danger in his scared state.
F: Send out another scout party (Choose direction or destination) (1 Nerre, destination: Aru)
H: Set all work in on the Harvest, you need as much food as possible! (1 Nerre)
I: Start looking for recourses, you need to expand to survive. (define type)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:17 pm

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: 1 (Nerre)
B: 0
C: 1 (Chuck)
F: 2
-destination: Aru: 2 (Nerre, Chuck)
G: 0
H: 2 (Nerre, Chuck)
I: (define type)

Reaction: We're being attacked and he wants us to help free others. I think we need to find out more before we completely trust this god but if he says he's willing to help we should at least investigate.

Question: "Where might I find a strong steed to help me better serve through my scouting efforts?"
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Nerre wrote: "What is ment by the mark of the sun and how do we get it?"
Kir'rul looks a Wayland "The mark of the sun is just that, a mark, a symbol! Be it how you dress, a medallion, a tattoo or anything else does not matter, as long as you bare it openly and proud! How to get out should be easy, but would also be another question, and I'll only answer you one!"
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: "Where might I find a strong steed to help me better serve through my scouting efforts?"
Again Kir'rul shifts his head as if looking at something in the distance, this time to the west "two days walk in the direction that the sun takes, you may find a herd of slender, fast and really smart animals, a thousand years ago these were favored by the elves as riding animals, they should prove to serve you well... How to get one to serve would be another question, and I'll only answer you one"
-Best regards LAYF

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:35 am

"A representative of the gods! Kir'rul, why has the great and mighty Pelor elected to honour the weak mortals of this plane with such attention?"

OPTIONS, choose up to 3:
A: 2 (Nerre, Runsaround)
B: 0
C: 2 (Chuck, Runsaround)
F: 3
-destination: Aru: 3 (Nerre, Chuck, Runsaround)
G: 0
H: 2 (Nerre, Chuck)
I: (define type)
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!