PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:51 am

(Sorry, thought I'd already replied to all this!)
M0rtimer wrote:Hmm... You know, I did have a theory, which I never vocalized since it wasn't based on much and not very concise... Not to mention probably completely incorrect... But I might as well vocalize it now and try to get at least one out of two pet theories correct... :P

So we didn't have much to go on as to what "brought" us into this world, with the exception that it seemed to have something to do with the unown, based upon summoning an unown looking similar, and something with "Missingno", due to the glitches with Nul... So my theory was... What if they're the same? What if "Missingno" is a "hivemind" of "corrupted" unown? Rather than keeping order in space-time like they usually would, starting this mess. Perhaps malevolent, perhaps simply "unaware", perhaps created due to someone's accident, perhaps always having existed but growing... Whatever the case may be, be it either directly or indirectly, it is responsible for "glitching" people out of space and time. Probably more than that, but that's the obvious thing people are noticing.

So on a scale of 1-10, how completely wrong is this theory? :P
SuperVaderMan wrote:How on-point was Han with all of his Unown/Legendary ramblings? I was basically just making stuff up to see if you'd do anything with it/change it and whatever, so I'm curious to see how much of that stuck :P
The actual plotline of this game was a lot less developed than the other one, simply because I started it later.

The basic idea I had in my head was that MissingNo created the time portals (big surprise there), and was generally just wrecking shit up - you would've encountered a fair number of "natural" Glitch Pokemon out in the wild, that had either merged with portals or just gotten too close and been zapped by Glitch magic. What MissingNo actually was wasn't really decided yet, though - the best idea I had was that it was created accidentally by a very secretive hidden branch of Terra Firma, known as Terra Incognita. They lost control, then later orchestrated the attack on the Fayre Facility at the start in order to get their hands on the League's wormhole tech, in the hope that they could use that to take control of MissingNo and rule the universe or some shit.

Honestly, I quite like your idea with the Unown. It fits pretty well into what I'd already planned. I probably would've ended up making it so that Terra Incognita were doing experiments on Unown, trying to master interversal travel, and accidentally made a corrupted Hivemind (MissingNo) in the process.

As for your Legendary ideas Vader, I was just going along with whatever you said. I mean, you were basically doing my job and building the lore for me :P
I actually planning on having Dialga and Palkia show up later, having been attracted by the warped timelines. Dialga in particular, as a God of Order, would've been really pissed off by all the shit happening. To the point where he would've been strongly considering just wiping the timeline completely to get rid of MissingNo. Naturally, you guys would've been against that - so you'd have had to either convince Dialga to change his mind, or beat him in a fight. Probably both. You could've also recruited Palkia to help, since he would've been a lot less enthusiastic about killing an entire Universe - though that would involve finding him first.

So yeah, there were two main storylines planned: 1) stop Terra Incognita from controlling MissingNo, and 2) stop Dialga from blowing everything to shit. Hell, if you'd got really lucky with your Charm rolls, you might've even been able to get Dialga to take out Terra Incognita for you! Though that wouldn't really have solved the whole MissingNo problem....
Theis2 wrote:Awww! I never got to smack m0rts character in the face for trying to sweet talk me or something like that.. :p

Oh well it was a nice read and I liked the concept :)
Yeah, sorry about that. I considered keeping the game going, but I figured it would be a dick move if I introduced your character and then immediately cancelled the game.

And who knows - maybe you'll get to reuse him in another game? :P

-----------------------

Honestly, the thing I regret not being able to show you guys most was the gyms. Each one was dual-typed with heavy terrain bonuses that would favour the Gym Leaders 'mons. The idea was that you probably wouldn't beat them first time, and would have to adapt your team and tactics before trying again.

"Basic" outline of what I had planned, if you're interested:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Re: PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Post by Nioca » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:10 pm

I was kinda wondering if this had died; usually when a month goes by without a post, it's a bad sign. I'd actually offer to GM, but the thing is, I have a tendency to get bogged down in details and burn myself out rather easily (which is why the campaign I had attempted to start over on WSWFG never got off the ground). I'd rather not start things again only to flake out myself, so... yeah.