PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Post by Natrivv » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:17 pm

I just want to see Grace's reaction when she realizes the group that force their way to freedom currently consists of a monk, a social charmer, a naive story teller, and a glitch nerd. So powerful and reassuring :lol: We lost the mighty knight.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:35 am

Nioca wrote:Of course, we both know in reality who was asking after Grace at the center. :lol:
I actually didn't, because again I don't really pay attention to anyone else's updates :P

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:51 am

SVM, you have anything you want to ask or add?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Errr i hate doing this but um...i migt be looking for potential pokemon players. I am looking for a small group, with at least 3 people and 5 or 6 at max

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Are you able to run anything longer than a short game? You've seen how long these ones last, and we're still kinda low level.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:10 pm

I think so. I am no long in college, so i should be able to update at least once if not twice a week. I also have a smaller area for you to explore until later, and my depression and low self esteem are not nearly as bad as it was. Which means hopefully even with fewer people posting on it i can force myself to update.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Sorry about the irregular updates, been trying to get back in the rhythm of uni life. Workload is a lot heavier than last year too, even though we just started :(

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:07 am

I feel ya mate. Started my first year of college, going for master after my bachelor... Shit's hard.

But yeah, it appears that Google Drive was having issues yesterday. They seem to have been resolved by now, though.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:25 am

Gust gets 25 exp, getting him a level and learning mega drain!
Flare gets the remaining 25 exp, also getting a level! (Would prefer to give it to Mell, alas I didn't release him this battle...)

...Also, did I spend this entire battle without ever actually statting up Gust? XD

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:39 am

I'm was being lazy.
Finally gave Bubbles all 50 exp, she gains 1 level, and another point in defense.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:44 pm

"So, this is basically a test of accuracy and eyesight. Pretty straightforward; you need to hit the green targets, and avoid the red ones. Begin on my mark. Three, two...."
This is going against all my FPS instincts...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:19 am

M0rtimer wrote:
"So, this is basically a test of accuracy and eyesight. Pretty straightforward; you need to hit the green targets, and avoid the red ones. Begin on my mark. Three, two...."
This is going against all my FPS instincts...
Haha, yeah :lol:

I considered doing it the other way around, but decided I'd stick with the green=go, red=stop theme. Though in hindsight, I should really have made it blue and red instead, to make the test colourblind-proof. But meh, I'll just say they have a separate mode for people who have that problem or something :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:52 am

But green: let them GO and red: don't STOP shooting though

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:09 am

"Now obviously, that only applies to basic ballistic weaponry - semi-automatic assault rifles, sniper rifles, that sort of thing. Heavier weapons - miniguns, grenade launchers, stuff like that - are an entirely different matter. Those are a lot more heavily restricted, simply because of how much collateral damage they can cause in the wrong hands. If you somehow got your hands on one of those, you'd pretty much be required to sell it to the League straight away. Unless you got your License updated to cover them, but that's not very likely - even regular soldiers aren't covered with those."
Typo, or intended? "Semi-automatic assault rifle" is something of a misnomer, since by very definition, an assault rifle needs to be selective fire (capable of either semi-auto fire or some form of automatic [whether burst or fully automatic]). The way it's phrased leads me to think you just meant "Assault Rifle", seeing as the next comparison was to grenade launchers (high explosives) and miniguns (which, despite the name, are too big and powerful to be wielded by hand), but I figured I'd check to be sure.

(Although, being

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:59 am

...look, I live in the UK. So I'm hardly an expert on guns n' all that shit :roll:

But yeah, she was referring to automatic weapons in general there. Basically, the only things that aren't covered by your pass are things that do a lot of AOE explosive damage (i.e. grenade launchers, RPGs, etc) or high-caliber, high-rate-of-fire, anti-vehicle stuff (like miniguns, or their futuristic equivalent which may or may not be light enough to carry :P ).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:15 pm

It's okay once i get grace a cybernetic brace she can carry the thing. I see no problem with this plan, for it is the best plan

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:01 am

Mort, you might want to re-state that you want to scry.

Also, I'm not sure how much he would actually be able to pick up with it, since Scrying is limited to 24 hours, and the lab attack was further back than that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:20 am

Yeah, I realized afterwards that scrying was only limited to 24 hours. I think I remembered it saying something along the lines of that how far back an object could reach depended on the object? Am I just imagining that, or was that maybe in the old core book?

Anyways, even if it only goes back 24 hours, I can justify it by saying his powers have weakened and hopefully it's still enough to convince Grace of what he saw (and that he's not just a fortune teller...)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:07 am

Sorry about the wait guys, been bogged down with end-of-term coursework the last two weeks. Not fun :(

Thankfully, the last one is due in tomorrow morning (yay!!!), so I should be able to get an update out soonish after its submitted :)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:36 pm

I'd like to make an apology for how flaky I've been lately. There's no real excuse for it; everyone else has more or less been staying on top of things, but I've been dragging things to a grinding halt lately, and it's killing the RPs momentum. All I can say on my end is that there's been a lot going on IRL, mainly with my job, and it's been leaving me drained physically, mentally, and emotionally, to the point where I just haven't been able to muster up the energy to do much here (see Grace's one sentence reply to Percival's mini-thesis of character development).

Semi-fortunately (fortunate for RPing, not so fortunate for my paychecks), the company decided to remind my boss that 45+ hours a week is not the definition of part-time work, so I've actually got some more free time. I promise I'm going to devote some more time here, so as to actually participate in the RP instead of just sorta reacting to it.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:27 am

Sorry guys. I hate to do this, but.....PTU Divided Age is now cancelled indefinitely.

For those of you who haven't seen the other post I made for my PTA game, the basic reason behind this is lack of motivation. I just don't find updating fun or relaxing anymore. And I just don't see myself getting back into it anytime in the near (or far) future.
I'm really sorry for running such a short game, but I do think just letting it die now would be the best course of action. Rather than dragging it out like I did with Amethyst...

The plot of this game was a lot less thought out and developed than Amethyst's, but I still had a general idea of what was going to happen. So if you've got any questions about it, feel free to ask. Same goes for any questions you might have about world in general, i.e. cities, gyms, characters, that kind of thing.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:10 am

Hmm... You know, I did have a theory, which I never vocalized since it wasn't based on much and not very concise... Not to mention probably completely incorrect... But I might as well vocalize it now and try to get at least one out of two pet theories correct... :P

So we didn't have much to go on as to what "brought" us into this world, with the exception that it seemed to have something to do with the unown, based upon summoning an unown looking similar, and something with "Missingno", due to the glitches with Nul... So my theory was... What if they're the same? What if "Missingno" is a "hivemind" of "corrupted" unown? Rather than keeping order in space-time like they usually would, starting this mess. Perhaps malevolent, perhaps simply "unaware", perhaps created due to someone's accident, perhaps always having existed but growing... Whatever the case may be, be it either directly or indirectly, it is responsible for "glitching" people out of space and time. Probably more than that, but that's the obvious thing people are noticing.

So on a scale of 1-10, how completely wrong is this theory? :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:28 am

How on-point was Han with all of his Unown/Legendary ramblings? I was basically just making stuff up to see if you'd do anything with it/change it and whatever, so I'm curious to see how much of that stuck :P

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:30 am

Awww! I never got to smack m0rts character in the face for trying to sweet talk me or something like that.. :p

Oh well it was a nice read and I liked the concept :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:04 am

Oh also... Since it doesn't really matter now anymore...

Percival?

Totally gay.