PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:16 am

"Hmm... I believe you've convinced us, Grace. There seems to be happenings in the background beyond what we first thought. We should stay on our guard, and perhaps do as trainers do? Strengthen our teams, ourselves, and prepare for an encounter, if one were to happen."

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:25 pm

"Not like I have much choice." Grace replies. Plucking the thoroughly-empty foam cup off of the vulpix, she flicks it into Chris's waste paper basket, before hefting the hefty fox in her good arm. Speakin' of which, who can point me to this firing range I'm supposed to attend? Apparently I can't buy ammo unless I can prove I can use a gun. You'd think I'd 'ave done that already, what with still bein' alive, but apparently ventilating somethin' doesn't count unless it's paper."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:34 am

Nul

"Uhh...well I am exploring with some other people, looking around, and trying to find anything interesting and or awesome, like you guys."

Furrowing its brow, the Meditite seems to consider Nul's words carefully. Turning around, it draws the other two into a huddle, quickly conversing in a language Nul can't hope to understand. And eventually, they seem to reach a decision. As the other two Meditite settle down to watch, the first one points at itself, then at the Pokeballs in Nul's possession, before finally taking one last bow....and moving into a fighting stance, arms raised defensively.

It seems like the Meditite is prepared to go with him. Provided he can pass one last test...

Meditite (12)
► Show Spoiler
April and Percy

Deciding that now's a good time to go in, Jess runs forward and smacks the sand-throwing Roggenrola (#1) away from her monkey, doing minor damage. Seeing her opening, Flare drops down from above, delivering a series of nasty kicks to one of the floating rocks (#3). But it takes the hits surprisingly well, absorbing a lot of the impact and only taking moderate damage. Bruiser then angrily slams a fist into one of the other Roggenrola (#2), doing enough damage to leave it barely conscious!

April then delivers an acrobatic Aerial Ace to the two rocks that went for her (Geodude #2 & #3), but she barely seems to scratch the tanky boulders! Bubbles is a little more effective however, unleashing a giant bubble that hits Geodude #2 in the face, knocking it straight out of the fight! Percy meanwhile tries to go for the psychological warfare tactic, giving the last Roggenrola a Lovely Kiss that sends it into a deep slumber. He also takes the time to scan the faster rock, but finds it's just an ordinary Geodude, like the others. If he had to guess, it seems this one just prefers speed for some reason? Maybe it's in its Nature to be fast?

Twitching from its Paralysis, said fast Geodude doesn't actually do anything productive. And neither does its friend, which manages to completely miss everyone with its Rolling attack. The final one is a different matter though, slamming the ground and causing a mini-earthquake that does 34(54) damage to Flare! Falling into a crack in the ground, she also twists her ankle badly, taking an Injury from the attack!

As this is going on, Buck (who I totally didn't forget about last update :paranoia: ) encourages his Sewaddle to help out Jess. Using her leaves like weapons, the little bug fires them at the first Roggenrola, leaving it badly injured.

But then the rock turns on Jess, headbutting her in the knee with a loud crack! Shouting out in pain, she stumbles slightly, now limping on her obviously injured leg. Her monkey doesn't do much better, taking a headbutt to the face that breaks a few teeth on impact. While the third Roggenrola thankfully continues to snooze, dreaming peaceful dreams as everything goes to shit around it.

Jess (16/10), Badly Injured, +3SPD
Flare (15), 14/61Hp, 1 Injury
Bruiser (15), Badly Injured
April (13), 37/61Hp
Percy (10)
Buck (10)
Gust (7)
Bubbles (5), 44/66Hp
Sewaddle (5)
1 Geodude (5/6), -2SPD, Paralyzed, Injured
4 Geodude (4), #1 [Curled Up], #2 [KO], #3 [Injured], #4 [KO]
3 Roggenrola (2), #1 [Badly Injured], #2 [+1Def, Badly Injured], #3 [+1Def, Asleep]

Grace and Han

"Hmm... I believe you've convinced us, Grace. There seems to be happenings in the background beyond what we first thought. We should stay on our guard, and perhaps do as trainers do? Strengthen our teams, ourselves, and prepare for an encounter, if one were to happen."

"That's probably the best plan, for now. Never hurts to be prepared. I'll keep my ears open too - if I hear anything that might explain things, you guys will be the first to know."

"Speakin' of which, who can point me to this firing range I'm supposed to attend? Apparently I can't buy ammo unless I can prove I can use a gun. You'd think I'd 'ave done that already, what with still bein' alive, but apparently ventilating somethin' doesn't count unless it's paper."

"Ah, right, of course. The Armory's not far, it's in one of the outer buildings on the compound. Here, I'll just pull up some directions for you..."

A few minutes later Grace knows exactly where to go, the path downloaded into her Poketch's map. And she also has instructions to ask for someone called the "Quartermaster" once she gets there. Apparently, they're the one that handles the weapons training or something?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:41 am

"you...want me to fight you? O-okay."
nuligan, saddend that he no longer has his awesome pistol tries to hit it with his fist, not really aiming to hurt the creature.

PbP Forum code: Struggle [1d20] = 9 [1d8+11] = 6+11 = 17

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:37 am

April tries to charm the rocks, but her eyes just aren't sympathy inducing at the moment. Though she does start shifting from foot to foot making her a little harder to target. "Ok Bubbles try to go a little easier on them, a light water gun at the strongest nonsleeping pokemon."

April uses baby doll eyes [1d20] = 1
Using shift action for flutter ability +3 evasion

Bubbles uses water gun at the strongest target at the moment.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:03 pm

"Flare, dear! Are you alright?!"

The chick gives a determined nod- Not backing down, it swiftly kicks one of the already injured rocks, managing to land one solid hit. Percival meanwhile tries to confuse the curled up rock, but is a bit too concerned to pull off his charm.

Percival sweet kiss: 1D20 = [1] = 1

Flare double kick ac: 1D20 = [15] = 15
1D20 = [3] = 3

Flare double kick damage: 1D8+24 = [2]+24 = 26 (Rolled twice by accident, just take the first one. :P)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 am

As Chris gives Grace directions, Han also makes sure that she gets all the numbers of Chris, himself, and the other trainers, and that he gets Grace's in return.

Han nods at Grace as she's about to leave for the quartermaster. "Perhaps we can spar another time, after you have had some rest?"

With that Han takes his own leave of the two, the Fennekin giving Auri a curious look as they leave, and Han goes out to train his team! Now that he had more pokemon to benefit from it, he'll do some experience training with them now:
► Show Spoiler
After that, Han goes out to search for a sparring partner, 4-on-4 to better prepare the whole team.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:36 am

"Yeah, I suppose that'd be alright." Grace replies to Han.

Bidding Chris adieu, Grace then makes her way to the firing range and asks for the quartermaster.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Nul

"you...want me to fight you? O-okay."

As Nuligan raises his hands into awkward fists, the Meditite facepalms. Hard. Shaking its head, it points again at Nul's Pokeballs, this time trying to be as clear as possible to avoid any further misunderstandings.

Percy and April

Grumbling in pain, Jess aims a swift punch at the Roggenrola which attacked her, easily knocking the injured boulder out. Flare and Bruiser follow suit, knocking out their respective foes too. While April and Percy try more passive aggression with Baby Doll Eyes and Sweet Kisses, but neither succeeds in their efforts.

Joining in on the violence, Bubbles fires some more water at the Curled Up Geodude, though somehow only does minor damage to the tanky stone. Buck opts to go for the Paralyzed one instead, ordering his Sewaddle to fire some leaves at it and knock it out of the fight.

Which leaves just one Geodude to counteract, as the final Roggenrola continues to snooze. Grumbling angrily, it glances around, before deciding to go for the easy targets - Buck and Percy. Rolling like a boulder, it slams through the two of them, doing 39 damage on impact!

April (13), 37/61Hp
Percy (10)
Buck (10), Injured
Gust (7)
Bubbles (5), 44/66Hp
Sewaddle (5)
1 Geodude (5/6), -2SPD, Paralyzed, Injured
4 Geodude (4), #1 [Curled Up], #2 [KO], #3 [KO], #4 [KO]
3 Roggenrola (2), #1 & #2 [KO], #3 [+1Def, Asleep]
► Show Spoiler
Han

After saying goodbye to Chris - who incidentally promises to get in touch again before she leaves tomorrow - Han decides to spend some quality time with his Pokemon. Finding a quiet corner of the compound, he begins a very basic training regime, more based around meditation and focus than actual fighting. It seems to work though, as his weird collection of Pokemon gain some experience in working as a team.

Happy with their progress, Han decides to test just how good they can do in a battle. After a bit of asking around, he finds himself at the Pokemon Gym, and soon meets a middle-aged man looking to spar at around his team's level.
► Show Spoiler
Grace

Parting from Chris and Han, Grace follows the directions on her Poketch, soon arriving at a large building labeled "Armory". The heavy iron door swings open surprisingly easily, revealing a pretty bare interior. There are a couple of posters on the wall, largely talking about stuff like gun safety and . At the back of the room is a desk which seems to be a cross between a counter and a workbench, behind which sits a thick-set man. Not only is he about 80% muscle, but he also has some of the most absurdly bushy hair Grace has ever seen, his ponytail looking set to burst at any moment. His beard and eyebrows are just as thick, practically obscuring his entire face and leaving just his nose and cheeks visible. Behind him the wall is lined with a collection of weapons, protected by a metal mesh fence and sturdy glass cases.

Looking up from whatever he's fiddling with - some kind of grenade? - the viking/dwarf man gives Grace what she thinks is an appraising look? It's only when she asks for the Quartermaster that he actually makes a sound - grunting wordlessly, he gestures his thumb towards a door off to the side.

Stepping through, Grace finds herself in familiar territory. The shooting range is pretty much exactly as she'd imagined it, barring a couple of techy additions. Most notable being the computer screens bolted into the desks. The place also looks pretty much deserted, the booths all devoid of people practicing their shooting like you'd expect. At first Grace thinks she's completely alone...until she hears a voice behind her, that is.

"Can I help you, ma'am?"

Turning around, Grace finds herself looking into a pair of steely-blue eyes. Middle-aged, the women's raven-black hair is cut short and pulled back into a bun, secured tightly under her military-style cap. Her steel-grey khakis seem to almost blend into the wall behind her, no doubt this world's futuristic version of urban camouflage. Which makes the pair of revolvers strapped to her waist seem a little out of place - though as Grace takes a closer look she does spot a couple of modifications, including what look like built-in laser sights.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Nuligan snortkles a bit when he realizes what it wants. He taps on Hol's watch just incase hol, translate please. I am pretty sure the meditate wishes to battle a pokemon.

If that is the case he lets out Holly, and has her convert to paychic type and trace the meditite's ability

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:17 am

"Ow! Now... Why would you do that?" Percival says- Giving the stone a subtle flirt, disengaging him from attacking again... Before moving in front of Buck to make sure it wouldn't just roll through both of them again.

Percival flirt: 1D20 = [5] = 5
4D6 = [2, 6, 3, 6] = 17

Off course, by this point Percival was out of actual pity- As Gust, while unable to do much damage, tries to slow it down some- Paralyzing it with some spores!

Gust stun spore: 1D20 = [16] = 16

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 am

"Just need to wear them down a little more ok, another water gun." April calls out as she runs to and pass the geodude glancing a very minor blow on her way.

April aerial ace [2d6+15] = 8+15 = 23 using pass keyword again.
Bubbles uses water gun [1d20] = 8 [2d6+11] = 7+11 = 18

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Han gives his opponent a short bow and thanks him for agreeing to a sparring match.

Then Han sends out his Minccino friend. The thought crosses his mind again to come up with a name for her, before he turns his attention back to the fight.

Minccino (16)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 am

"Ah, yes." Grace replies with a moment of hesitance, having been briefly caught off-guard. "I'm here for firearm qualifications; I'm told this is the place I need to go for that. I take it yer the quartermaster?"
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Nioca

"Ah, yes. I'm here for firearm qualifications; I'm told this is the place I need to go for that. I take it yer the quartermaster?"

If the women was surprised by Grace's request, she doesn't show it.

"Correct. This way."

Turning on the spot, she beckons for Grace to follow. Walking over to a nearby bench, she opens a draw and pulls out some papers and a pen, placing them in front of Grace.

"Safety forms. Read carefully, then sign here, here, and here. I don't want to be blamed if you shoot yourself."

"The name's Carrow, by the way. Jayne Carrow. Most people just call me QM though. Now, to business. Let me see your pistol. I need to know what rounds it uses."

Han

As Han releases his speedy Mincinno friend, his opponent answers by sending out a striped brown weasel-like creature that's almost as fast.

Minccino (16)
Striped Weasel (16)

Nuligan

Hol, translate please. I am pretty sure the meditate wishes to battle a pokemon.

Popping out of the watch, Holly converses with the Meditite, quickly confirming that the Pokemon does indeed want a 1v1 battle against one of Nul's 'mons. With this in mind, Nul puts his faith in Holly to win for him. As she Converts to Psychic and Traces the other Pokemon's Pure Power, the Meditite meditates, boosting it's attack.

Meditite (12), +1ATK
Holly (4), Conversion [Psychic], Trace [Pure Power]

Percy and April

Not wanting to get any more beat up, Jess moves behind her monkey, as he proceeds to jump on the Paralyzed Geodude and punch it into submission. Everyone else focuses on the curled up Geodude, ignoring the still-snoozing Roggenrola completely. April does little more than scratch it, but Gust manages to Paralyze the rock and make it even slower. Bubbles then blasts it with water as Buck's Sewaddle fires off some leaves, both attacks doing minor damage.

The Geodude then hits back, targeting the one that did the most to it - Bubbles. Rolling forward it slams into her with force, doing 35(20) damage!

April (13), 37/61Hp
Percy (10)
Buck (10), Injured
Gust (7)
1 Geodude (6), KO
Bubbles (5), 24/66Hp
Sewaddle (5)
4 Geodude (4), #1 [Injured, Curled Up, & Paralyzed], #2 [KO], #3 [KO], #4 [KO]
3 Roggenrola (2), #1 & #2 [KO], #3 [+1Def, Asleep]

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:11 pm

The Mincinno tries to start things off with Double Slap, but just kinda waves at her opponent instead.

Double Slap on weasel thing: 1D20 = [5] = 5
1D8 = [7] = 7

Edit:
Inspired Training (Training + Orders): +2 Evasion, +4 to Saves
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:25 pm

"psybeam." Roll for me plz, i am unable to acess my pc for a while and i dont have ability to change holly's type to psychic

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Flare begins to tire off the battle- The usually timid fire chick rushing forward, delivering a set of double kicks to the curled up geodude!

Flare double kick ac: 1D20 = [10] = 10
1D20 = [13] = 13

Flare double kick damage: 2D8+26 = [5, 4]+26 = 35

Percival meanwhile hangs back, figuring his direct intervention is no longer needed for now... Instead deciding to pull up his camera- Snapping a picture of the move that geodude has been using...

(I'll assume it's rollout and add it to my album. :P

Also let me know when we're in a new scene since apparently I used up all my AP so far..? :shifty:)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:25 am

"Grace Fulsom," Grace replies to the introduction. Upon being asked for her weapon, she quietly, complies, pulling it from its holster under her dress and setting it on the table, before skimming over the papers and signing them. "And it's not my first time handling a gun; wouldn't be here now if that were true. Just hafta get certified for... Teraz." Grace adds, momentarily stumbling over which region she was in.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:46 am

Seeing the momentum the Geodude is building up, she softens the blow be deliviering a piercing baby-doll eyes. BUbbles decides she is done with this and goes in for the ko.

Priority April baby-doll eyes [1d20] = 11
Bubbles uses water gun [1d20] = 20 CRIT 17+16 = 33 damage total.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:44 am

Percy and April

Tired of this rolling bullshit, Flare, Bruiser, and Bubbles unload on the Geodude, blasting through its defenses and knocking it into oblivion.

Which leaves just the last Roggenrola, snoozing in the corner. Until Cassie the Sewaddle fires a bunch of leaves at it, waking it up. Grumbling back into consciousness, the rock takes one look at its surroundings, taking in all the unconscious rocks now littering then ledge.....and promptly nopes the fuck out. Hobbling backwards, it steps off the edge of the hill, quickly disappearing from view in a cloud of dust as it slides off into the distance.

Percy and April get 50xp to split between their Pokemon!

Nuligan

Darting forward, the Meditite quickly closes the distance between Holly and it. But it doesn't attack just yet, instead Biding its time as Holly blasts it in the face with a Psybeam for moderate damage.

Meditite (12), +1ATK, Biding, Injured
Holly (4), Conversion [Psychic], Trace [Pure Power]

Han

Both the Mincinno and Weasel try to beat each other up, but quickly find they can't actually hit their respective opponent. The Minccino's slaps whiff completely, as the Weasel tries to Headbutt her and ends up running right past.

Minccino (16)
Striped Weasel (16)

Grace

"Grace Fulsom. And it's not my first time handling a gun; wouldn't be here now if that were true. Just hafta get certified for... Teraz."

Picking up the gun from the table, Carrow quickly and skillfully begins to take it apart, checking each part over for faults and loose dirt.

"Hmm...I figured. Usually I'm the one who has to supply the guns, and you certainly didn't get this from here. So, I take it that means I don't need to go over maintenance and cleaning? That should make things go a bit faster...."

After taking a note of the ammo type, the Quartermaster rebuilds the gun just as quickly as she took it apart. Handing it back to Grace, she takes a quick detour to grab a box of bullets from a nearby draw, before leading the way up to one of the shooting booths.

"Alright then, let's see what you can do. In your own time."

Roll Combat.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:01 am

With introductions out of the way, the Mincinno goes in to attack for real this time! She slaps the weasel pokemon as many times as she can muster, doing a reasonable amount of damage.

Double Slap on weasel thing 2: 1D20 = [10] = 10
1D8 = [8] = 8

Double Slap on weasel thing 2 damage - DB 12: 3D12+10+13 = [3, 9, 4]+10+13 = 39
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:55 am

If nul won't get caught since his powers are subtle and there is no way of tracing them, nul will snatch the bide. If Nul can do this then holly uses another psybeam. If not then holly will disappear in the pokewatch using wired

Meanwhile, nuligan looks up pokemon glitches near aynmos
PbP Forum code: tech [4d6] = 12

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Quietly nodding a hefting the pistol in a two-handed hold, Grace quickly snaps off a few shots at her target... which promptly cause her to wince, as the recoil jolts the wound in her arm. The results aren't quite as accurate as she'd like; she futily attempts another shot, only to have it go almost completely wide as the pistol trembles slightly in an unsteady hold. "Damn it..."

Loosing her injured arm from the pistol, she then tries to shift into a one-handed stance for the remainder of the test; it makes it a bit steadier, but it's clear she's somewhat unused to it.

--Combat Check (4d6): 12

(Not a bad result for a 4d6, but not fantastic either)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:25 pm

"Well I guess they were rock headed, are you ok Bubbles? What about everyone else?" After recieving confirmation she they're ok, April asks, "Do you want to talk to the pokemon now Buck?"