PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:08 am

This is a new thread for the continuation of the PTU: Divided Age PbP Game.

Anyone wishing to read up on what's happened so far can find the previous thread here.

The new OOC and Player Roster thread for the game can be found here.

PTU: Divided Age

"Time is an....interesting phenomenon. You hardly ever notice it. And yet, it surrounds everything, dictating the very ebb and flow of reality itself. Without it, nothing would change, and everything would remain as it was for the rest of eternity. For good or ill."

"And when time breaks, well.....that's when things get really interesting."

"That's where this story begins - with a break in time. A crack in the fabric of reality. Well, eight of them, to be precise. And it's into these eight portals that eight poor souls, victims of nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, found themselves falling - slipping between the gaps in space and time, to find themselves in a world completely alien to them."

"But, while they passed through relatively unscathed, the eight souls - or 'Travelers' - were not entirely untouched. Yes, some would find themselves possessing gifts and powers beyond their understanding, but these changes would be minor and unimportant compared to the fact that, as far as reality and time are concerned, these Travelers should not exist."
"Fate. Destiny. A future. Every creature in existence, living or not, has their actions and choices set in stone from the moment they are born. All, that is, apart from those who suddenly find themselves cut off from the march of time. These Travelers, these creatures who should not be, have no Fate. No Destiny. Instead, they have something nothing else has: Free Will."

"To put things simply, they can do whatever they wish. Maybe they seek knowledge? The truth about what happened, what broke time itself, and a way to return to the time and home they once knew? Or perhaps they do not care about the past at all? They want instead to forget about their past lives, and think only of the future - to fight, and conquer, and achieve power that would make the hearts of men tremble in fear!"

"Or, maybe they just want to go off and do their own shit with colourful ribbons and dancing. That's an option too."

"Regardless, it all boils down to this one, simple thing."
"If you were given a brand new life, a completely clean slate from which you could start again and do whatever you wanted, then the question to be asked is obvious."

"What choices would you make?"

Percival, Nuligan, April, Soren, Han, and Lars

The truck repaired, and their respective adventures completed, the group piles back into the vehicle and return to the road. Most choose to take the opportunity to grab some rest as they rumble down the dirt-covered path, passing through the grassland that Soren and Han had explored not long before. Chris is especially quiet, head down as she dozes in the corner.

But then, after a while, her head abruptly pops up, an idea seemingly striking her. Moving towards the front of the truck, she bangs on the wall separating the back area from the driving cabin, Jake's gruff voice greeting her in reply.

"Excuse me, Mr Caulfield? I was just thinking...this'll be the first time these guys have ever seen Aytmos. Do you mind if we stop and let them get a proper view?"

"Hah, want to give 'em the full tourist works, eh? Sure, we can do that. I'll let you know when we're close enough..."

And sure enough he does, pulling the truck to a stop barely twenty minutes later. At an enthusiastic Chris' insistence, the group clambers out once again, following her instructions not to look in front of the truck until she says so. Then, on the count of three, they finally get a good look at what all the fuss is about.

The first thing they notice is that they're at the edge of the grasslands, the treeline returning just a couple of hundred yards ahead of them. But that isn't the main thing that attracts their attention.
Rising far above the treeline, in the distance beyond it, is quite possibly the single largest thing any of them has ever seen! It's easy to see why Han and Soren mistook it for a mountain earlier - but, now that they're closer, they can finally see it properly. This thing sure as hell ain't no mountain.

It's....a tree.

And despite the distance, it's clear that this tree is abnormally large. Standing at least a mile high, the top branches of the great oak simply disappear into the clouds above. Even standing what must be a good few miles away, the trainers feel like nothing more than miniscule ants compared to the...thing rising before them. And when they peer closer, they see....are those....buildings?! On the branches!?!

After a few seconds of quiet staring, Chris speaks up - a hint of pride in her voice.

"Yggdrasil, the Great Oak. Home of the Sky City of Aytmos."

----------------------------

An hour later, the truck rumbles to a stop for the last time. Following their little sight-seeing stop, the group had clambered back into the cargo area, as Jake drove them closer towards the distant treetop city. They don't get another chance to look at it until they clamber out again, this time finding themselves in the shadow of the gigantic wooden behemoth. The ground is surprisingly flat, considered the great gnarled roots jutting out of the earth around them. And the tree itself towers above, dwarfing everything with the sheer vastness of its height.

"End of the line boys. And ladies. 'fraid this is as far as we go."

"I don't think we can thank you enough, Mr Caulfield. For everything."

"Ack, it were nothing. Don't sweat it."

Chris doesn't say anything back straight away, instead staring into the space behind Jake, seemingly deep in thought. And when she does reply, there's a noticeable change in her demeanor - as if a particularly pressing thought had just suddenly passed through her head.

"Say...how would you like us to help you unload the truck? And transport everything up to the Market - since I'm guessing that's where you're going next. You know, as a final thank you for everything..."

"Oh, you don't have ta do that! Me an' Joey have been doing this fer years. We can handle it on our own, no trouble."

"Eh....to be completely frank with you, I actually have another reason for asking. You see, none of these guys have the proper access documents yet. And you must know how slow those bureaucrats at the main elevator can be. I thought, if you could get us on the delivery elevator..."

"Ah. Say no more, my dear. I get'cha. Leave it to me..."

As Jake hobbles over to talk to an official looking person nearby - and Joey wanders off to grab something called a 'loading cart' - the others stretch their legs and take in the new surroundings. They're currently in some kind of sandy parking lot, surrounded by a low wall topped with a chain-link fence, which contains many other truck-like vehicles manned by a variety of ranchers much like Jake, in the middle of offloading their goods. Most of the closer buildings appear to be a mix of offices and warehouses - some of them are a bit dusty, but in general they're mostly in good condition.

Beyond the fence though, all the buildings seem to be in a significantly worse state. The majority being dilapidated wooden shacks and mud-covered houses squatting in the dirt. Some are even built directly into Yggdrasil's roots, blending in perfectly to the tough bark of the tree.
Looking up, they see that most of the city - or at least, the non-slum areas - actually lie in the branches of the great tree above. Vast metal platforms and street-sized walkways hold the entire thing together, like some sort of intricately woven tapestry of wood and metal. Seemingly, the only connections between the ground and the branches above are two tall spiraling metal frameworks, which Nuligan quickly recognizes as futuristic elevator shafts - one running up the side of the huge tree's trunk, while the other sticks out of the top of the largest warehouse.

While they wait, absorbing their bizarre new surroundings, Chris continues to stare off into nothing, brow furrowed....before abruptly turning and addressing the group.

"Alright, my bosses know we've arrived - they'll be sending someone to meet us at the Market Place, once we get up to the Branch District. Seemed easier than waiting for them to come down here, or clear us for access through the main entrance. And after we meet them...well, I don't know what's going to happen then, honestly. Guess we'll just have to wait and see..."
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:38 am

"oh ok..." April says mesmerized by the tree so massive it could be part of a legend. "umm, why are some parts so pretty, and other parts so... distinctive?" April asks gesturing to the buildings in the tree's and among the roots respectively. "Still thank you for getting all of us here."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:42 am

For once, Han had no words. He just silently gazed up, mouth slightly ajar, at the behemoth of a tree and the city that sprawled in and around it, at various heights. He vaguely wondered if such a thing existed in his own world.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:52 am

'damn. This tree dwarfs any skyscrapper i have seen."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:14 am

Earlier before departing:

As the Joltik jumps into Percival's hair, he lets out a small sigh- Reaching up a hand to try and pet it to comfort it, but otherwise seems reasonably happy just letting it sit there. None the less however, he strides over towards Nulligan.

"I did that because this little spider here is obviously still quite frightened... And he's yours. You need to take care of them Nul. Especially adorable critters like this one." Percival says- Giving the bug ample room to jump onto James' head instead, should it have taken it.

---

Now, however, Percival was rather starry eyed at the whole sight of Atomys city. For some reason, he couldn't help shake away a stupid grin stuck on his face. It fades slightly when he notices the shacks in the shade of the tree however, in comparison with such wonders above.

"Hah, well... That's familiar. But it's even more obvious here..."

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 pm

"...that's a big tree." Soren manages out, his eyes wide with bewilderment as he stares upward into the tree city. Peep merely snuffled around at his feet as he continued to stare upwards.

As Chris addresses them, however, Soren snaps out of his reverie. "Er... who exactly will we be meeting? I mean... What's going to happen to us now that we're... well, here?"
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:04 am

Everyone

"Oh ok...umm, why are some parts so pretty, and other parts so... distinctive?"

"Hmm...? Oh, you mean....that. Right, err...."

"Basically, the city itself is split up into different areas called Districts. The area we're in now is called the Lower District. Above us is the Branch District, followed by the Upper District, and finally the Sky District. And, as you can imagine, the higher up you go, the more expensive things get - most of the people living in the Sky District are either top-end officials, rich merchants, and ex-Gym Leaders."
"Originally, when Aytmos was first founded, most of the city existed down here on the ground. But, as the city grew and developed, they expanded up Yggdrasil's sides to make more room. Until the only people left on the surface were those who couldn't afford to live up there. Most of the city's original architecture was either dismantled and used to build the upper city, or scavenged by the people down here to make the buildings you see now."

As Chris gives her history lesson, Han continues to stare at the tree in wonder. Thinking back, he tries to remember hearing any stories of such amazing things in his world...sadly though, he draws a complete blank. There were always tales of forests with trees hundreds of feet tall, but this....this thing dwarfs even the largest of them!

Meanwhile, Soren has slightly more pressing concerns.

"Er... who exactly will we be meeting? I mean... What's going to happen to us now that we're... well, here?"

"Well...to be honest, I don't really know. If we're lucky, it'll be Madame Brisbane. She's basically the one in charge. Don't let the name fool you - she's tough, but fair. And I'm pretty sure she'll listen to my suggestions for you...probably....."
"As for what's gonna happen...just leave that to me. I'll make sure everything turns out fine, don't worry."

Turning to face him, Chris gives Soren her most reassuring smile. Somehow, it doesn't help. But before he can ask any more questions, Jake returns, a bright grin plastering his face.

"Great news! I was able to get you all Rancher Licenses fer the elevator. They're only temp'ary, but they'll get you up there today."
"Anyway, come on! Get loading! We ain't got all day, ya'know!"

Under Jake's watchful eye, the group begins to unload the truck, putting the produce onto the two large cart things that Joey returned with. Once done, Jake then leads them through into the larger warehouse, and to the base of the metal framework.

A few minutes later, after getting their passes checked, they find themselves trapped in a flimsy metal box with glass windows, shooting up through the air towards the branches above. As they reach the top (and those who are not used to elevators recover from the experience), they step out into another room - and find themselves immediately approached by an official looking man in a suit, flanked by two guards.

"Dr Pyne, I presume?"

On first impression, the man looks like a short stick insect. Despite being just below average height, his body is thin and lanky, with a narrow, gaunt face. Perched on his thin nose is a pair or rectangular spectacles, while neatly trimmed black hair crowns the top of his head. His dark blue suit is obviously tailored, fitting him perfectly, with a Pokeball symbol pin glinting on the lapel.

The guards, meanwhile, are dressed very similarly to the TF soldiers from the facility - with a couple of key differences. Firstly, while the TF armoured jumpsuits were all black, these ones are varying shades of rich blue, with a Pokeball symbol on the chest. Secondly, the helmet is a lot more open. Not only is the visor mostly see-through instead of completely tinted, but it also only covers the eyes, making their faces mostly visible. And finally, while they are armed, it's with the non-letal Tesla Rifles rather than gunpowder weapons.

"...yes. How-"

"Forgive me, but...when I was told to expect a group that had spent three days wandering through deep forest without proper supplies, it didn't exactly leave much to the imagination."

"Secretary Johnson, of the League. Please, follow me. My superior would very much like to speak to you."

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:45 am

Nuligan looks at the guns with interest and takes a picture of them with his dex before following Chris.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:48 pm

"oh, umm... ok." April answers unsure of how to comprehend the differences in districts.

April easily recovers from the elevator. She has no clue how it works, but it's no worse then virtual roller coasters she grew up with.
"Do we look that bad?" April asks turning her eyes towards him. Almost on a defensive instinct letting her eyes go big, "What does your surperior want to talk about?" she innocently asks trying to get more information out of him then he intended to. charm check [4d6] = 12 Though the smell keeps the natural charm a hair below her average level of skill (perfect average for her is 14) she still manages to seem somewhat charming.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Meanwhile, while April may have been used to the sensation of an elevator and soon is putting up her best charm, Percival was having... Some different kind of feelings. Namely, the sensation of such rapid upward acceleration was leaving him a little woozy- Stumbling out of the elevator with a mild groan- Almost directly in the face of "Johnson", before he notices the vaguely familiar outfits- Stretching himself upwards again and quickly absconding to the back of the group in shame after managing to stammer out a quick "Ah! Sorry..."- The experience more than enough to sober him right up.

...And now he kinda wanted to do it again.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:24 am

Everyone

"Do we look that bad?"

Having until now completely ignored the trainers and focused entirely on Chris, Johnson turns his attention to April with a critical gaze.

"...that is what I was implying, yes."

"What does your surperior want to talk about?"

"I'm afraid that matter is between her and Dr Pyne. I am merely the messenger."

Ignoring April's attempt at charm entirely, Johnson then turns his attention to the rest of the group - and in particular, the weaponry badly concealed on their persons.

"However, before we move on, I'll have to ask you all to relinquish your weapons. For security reasons, you understand."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:14 am

Having recollected himself by now, Percival once again takes a few cautious steps forward. Even now though, something seems to be intimidating him slightly, although he doesn't show much of it.

"Here, good sir? It seems rather public..." He says- Gesturing to the fact they were, for a large part, still in a warehouse.

"And the... Tesla coil rifles as well? They are hardly lethal, after all."

None the less, Percival hands off the assault rifle he had been keeping stowed away- Not like he ever had any intention to really use it, after all. If requested, he also hands off the tesla coil rifle. He keeps onto the flashbang however, passing it along only if they notice and request it.

Charm: 4D6 = [5, 4, 4, 2] = 15

Also spending 1 AP to make an album entry for Johnson- Although I won't be able to actually use it until later...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:15 am

"Aww what? Laaaaaaame." Nuligan complies, but not happy about it.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Between the display of guards and the Secretary's rather... off-putting demeanor, Soren's nerves were mounting. And aside from clearly being uncomfortable, his hair was starting to frizz and stand on end, as if he was suddenly building up a static charge. "Er... okay. Truth be told, it's kinda heavy anyway..." Soren says, fishing out and handing over the Tesla Coil Gun.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:30 pm

"O-Of course," Han complies, still a little shaken from the elevator ride. He fishes out his zap pistol and hands over the other gun* he looted as well.

"I apologize for our appearance - fate has not been kind to us before we met the Caufield family, as you well know."
"Many of us are foreign to these lands, as well. We are somewhat lost and confused, here, and nervous as it would seem our fates are tied to the coming discussions. An amount of sympathy for our situation would be greatly appreciated," Han calmly asks of the messenger.

Charm roll on messenger: 4D6+2 = [1, 6, 6, 2]+2 = 17

Meanwhile, Han's Unown floats nearby, just looking around at his new surroundings disinterestedly.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:33 pm

April doesn't say anything, wondering how the weapon she gave to the wild pokemon is doing.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:53 am

Everyone

"Here, good sir? It seems rather public..."

"And that is precisely the problem. We are about to walk through some of the most crowded parts of the city - the last thing I need is one of you accidentally shooting someone."

"And the... Tesla coil rifles as well? They are hardly lethal, after all."

"Be that as it may, they're still League property. And expensive property, at that. "

"I apologize for our appearance - fate has not been kind to us before we met the Caufield family, as you well know. Many of us are foreign to these lands, as well. We are somewhat lost and confused, here, and nervous as it would seem our fates are tied to the coming discussions. An amount of sympathy for our situation would be greatly appreciated."

"Hmph...I suppose....."

"...keep the pistols, if it makes you feel any safer. Just make sure to keep them holstered at all times. Same goes for those batons. However, I'm afraid I can't make such an exception for the rifles."

Stepping forward, the two guards retrieve the Tesla Coil and Assault Rifles from the young trainers, disarming them with practiced efficiency and clipping them onto their belts.

"Now then, if you'd like to follow me..."

Turning, Johnson makes his way towards what is presumably the warehouse exit, still flanked by his two guards. As soon as he's out of earshot, Chris shakes her head and mutters under her breath.

"Jackass."

"Don't worry about him. He's just some stuck-up bureaucrat who thinks he's more important than he is."

"Yeah, ah know the type. Seen his kind before. Basterds are always trying to find some way of screwing ya over..."
"Anyway, looks like you kids won't be needing us any longer. Good luck with...whatever you're gonna be doing. Me an' Joey need to get the crops sorted and to the market 'fore the lunchtime rush starts!"

After telling them not to be strangers, and that the Caulfield farm will always be open to them if they need somewhere to stay, Jake and Joey take their carts and disappear into the crowd of other ranchers and crates slowly filling the warehouse. With Chris leading the way, the group heads towards the door, regrouping with Johnson and his guards outside.

Looking up, it's hard to tell just how high up they are. The upper trunk and canopy of Yggdrasil still towers above them making everything just seem incredibly tiny. It isn't until they look down that they get a proper idea of the scale of everything - even standing on the great oak's lowest branches, they're still far above the tops of the tallest trees in the forest surrounding it.
Speaking of which....the walkway they're standing on appears to be made mostly out of hardened wooden planks, with metal beams holding everything together underneath. Guardrails line the edges, preventing people from blindly wandering to their dooms, while Yggdrasil's branches hold up the platform-streets and prevent everything else from falling too. Most buildings are either built on their own platform, with steps and ramps leading up to them, or carved directly into the wood of the branches and trunk of the great tree.

Next to the warehouse door stands an intricately carved wooden sign proclaiming "Welcome to Aytmos! City of the Sky!", under which is what looks like a map of the entire city, with labels denoting places of interest. It takes them a second to find where they are - the "Upper Delivery Depot", right on the lowest branch of the tree.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:02 am

Once the buracrat is out of the room. "So will we get our wepons back? And why does it matter if we have weapons if we have monsters that an do a lot more damage than the guns?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Percival meanwhile, knew exactly how to deal with "these" guys- And while somewhere deep down his stomach something still didn't completely churn right, he only wishes for it to be over as soon as possible.

"I hope you can allow us the pleasure of guiding us to where we need to go... It's doubtful we could find our way in this impressive city without."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:48 pm

April quietly follows doing her best to memorize the path being taken, so she could back track on her own if need be.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Soren follows the man, taking in the sights and sounds of Atymos.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Han follows along as well.
► Show Spoiler

Bahamut
Whispers Softly

Post by Bahamut » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Lars trudges along with Fluffy at his heels.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:58 am

Everyone

"So will we get our wepons back? And why does it matter if we have weapons if we have monsters that an do a lot more damage than the guns?"

"Err...I don't know. I mean, they are technically League property. And you don't really need them to keep you safe, now that we're in the city. Honestly, I'm surprised he let you keep the pistols and batons."

"As for why he doesn't just take your Pokemon, there's a couple of reasons for that. Main one being that it's a lot harder to accidentally misfire a Pokemon, since they only usually obey direct orders. Then there's all the red tape involved in confiscating sentient, living creatures, and the fact that Pokemon aren't League property like the guns are...to be honest, he probably just couldn't be bothered."

Once outside, Percival addresses the bureaucrat directly, hoping to win him over with flattering words.

"I hope you can allow us the pleasure of guiding us to where we need to go... It's doubtful we could find our way in this impressive city without."

"Hmm....yes, quite. That was the idea of my coming all the way down here."

Despite the curt reply, Johnson does seem at least a little less hostile towards them. It's kinda hard to tell. Regardless, the others seem fine with just following on quietly as Johnson sets off down the street with his guards in tow.

Following him up the tree, the group gets its first proper look at the city's inner workings. The first area they pass through seems to be a shopping hub - likely the Market that kept getting mentioned before, what with all the stalls selling fresh farm produce. Surrounding them are a bunch of other, more permanent shops, selling clothes and other general wares. The next building they pass by is one Soren recognizes; a Pokemon Center, complete with the iconic red-roof and Pokeball emblem. Nearby is another interesting landmark, in the form of a tunnel carved straight into Yggdrasil's trunk. According to the sign hanging above it, this is the location of the Aytmos Gym and Pokemon Training Arena.

Ascending a winding staircase, they then find themselves leaving the Branch District and entering the Upper District. The buildings are noticeably more high-end, with fancy hotels and houses all over the place. One particularly large building even looks like a stadium of some kind, though the signs seem to call it a "Contest Hall", whatever that is. Past that is a more upmarket shopping district, full of shops selling fancy clothes and trinkets, ranging from shiny stones to high-tech gizmos, and even at least one weapon shop.

Finally though, the group reaches what seems to be their destination; a large, imposing metal structure, emblazoned with the same Pokeball symbol on Johnson's pin, and the words "Aytmos City League Headquarters". Passing through the guarded gates, they enter what seems to be an entrance hall, the same symbol and words on the outside of the building carved onto the smooth wooden floor.

"Here we are. Now, I'm afraid, is the moment where we must go our separate ways. Dr Pyne, if you would like to follow me - the rest of you can wait for someone to come get you."

Seeing that some of you are about to object to being left behind, Chris speaks up with a reassuring smile.

"It's alright guys, they just want to ask us some questions. Don't worry, just do what they say and it'll be fine - I'll see you all later, yeah?"

With another nervous yet reassuring grin, Chris follows Johnson down one corridor, leaving the rest of you to wait until some more men in suits and labcoats come and pick you up.

The next few hours are a whirlwind of activity, each new face blurring into the last as you're moved from room to room. First stop is some kind of medical lab, where a team of nurses patch up any lingering wounds or injuries. After being given a clean bill of health, you then find yourselves moved into separate interview rooms, and asked a constant stream of questions by an equally constant stream of people. They vary only by their clothing - some wear labcoats, some military uniforms, and some suits. And the subject of the questions varies wildly, from stuff about your home world's politics, culture, and technological capabilities, to the more recent events that happened at the facility attack, and even queries about your families and friends back home.

Following a good couple of hours of this, you find yourselves moved yet again, and reunited with each other in a room furnished with a conference table and seven comfortable chairs - one set apart from the others, at the head of the table. Both Leo and Tarth are notably missing from the reunion. Seconds after you take your seats, and before you have a chance to talk to each other properly, the door opens, and Johnson returns. Though, like Leo and Tarth, Chris is nowhere to be seen.

Settling down in the chair opposite, Johnson barely gives the waiting kids a second glance, instead pulling out and beginning to read the file he had tucked under his arm. It takes another lengthy wait before he finally opens his mouth and speaks.

"Well then...I understand you've all been on quite the adventure, haven't you? In more ways then one..."

"Allow me to formally introduce myself. My name is Johnson, and I am Secretary to the League official in charge of matters here in Aytmos and the outer Fayre province. Since you presumably don't know what any of that means, and I don't care to explain in detail, I'll give you the short version - my boss, Madame Brisbane, has the final say on League related matters concerning everything in the immediate area. Including the ill-fated Fayre Facility. And, as her Secretary and second-in-command, I am the one who enacts her orders and ensures everything runs smoothly."

Pausing for a moment, the suited man looks over his file for a bit longer...before closing it and leaning forward, hands clasped in front of him.

"...allow me to be brutally honest for a moment. I don't trust you. Any of you."
"You're wildcards. Completely unpredictable! Not only do you have no knowledge of the Teraz region, beyond what was explained to you by Dr Pyne, but you also come from cultures and societies vastly different from our own. I mean, for Arceus sake, some of you had never even seen a Pokemon before you got here! If this matter was up to me, you'd all be hidden away somewhere quiet and safe and out of the way, until we could figure out how to get you back to where you belong."

"Please understand, this is nothing personal - I simply view it as a necessary precaution."

"However. As much as it pains me, such a precaution is not currently...practical. Simply put, we have neither the manpower nor resources for it. The Fayre Facility was one-of-a-kind, built back when we had resources to waste on silly experiments and "anomalies". Things are very different now. We need all the materiel we can spare to deal with these recent terrorist activities. And wasting resources keeping an eye on you may end up costing us more lives than it saves."

"Because of this, and a few other factors - including numerous recommendations from Dr Pyne - Brisbane has decided to gift you each with a Trainer License and let you go free."

"While not the choice I would have made, I must admit, it makes a certain degree of sense - should Dr Pyne's report be accurate, you've shown remarkable levels of skill, teamwork, adaptability, and courage in the face of danger, saving her life multiple times, and meeting the requirements for official Trainer status many times over. Were it not for your...unusual origins, you would've been granted the honor without question. And as it is, my superior believes that your origin should not be a limiting factor."

"As such, your details will be entered into our public databases, with the cover story that you are trainers from another region, here as part of a national inter-League exchange program. Naturally, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the League will deny any and all knowledge of your true identities, the Fayre Facility, and especially any space-time "anomalies". As such, I strongly suggest that you stick to the official story, lest you want to be labeled crazy conspiracy theorists."

"So, now that's out of the way, do you have any particularly pressing questions? Or can I get back to more important work, hmm?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:24 am

Feeling a somewhat tired and a little bit irritable after the hours of being shuffled around and questioned, Han nonetheless attempts to keep a calm and careful demeanor sitting in the conference room.

"Where... is Dr. Pyne? As I have told your people, I can make contributions that would be invaluable to her studies. I do not wish to be separated from her."

Han's Unown friend hovers as a silent reminder of what Han's talking about. It remains unnaturally still, staring unblinkingly at Johnson.