PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:50 am

"Flare!" Percival now speaks up now the threat is over- "You alright dear? One of them hit you quite badly..."

Flare's response is a small huff of flame- The bird pretending to be tough and been through worse. And while half of that was true, it didn't complain at all when it's trainer did a quick check up on her.

"Hmm... Some scuffs. Don't worry though- Once we get back to the city, I'll groom it to make it seem like nothing ever happened!"

"And you too did a great job, Gust!"
Percival says, respectively giving the fluffy plant an pat of appreciation, before turning back to the others.

"So, yes... I'm sure they've learned their lesson now. Shall we return to those... Dwebbles I believe they were?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Han

Taking another shot at her opponent, the Mincinno this time manages to land a bunch of hits and do some nice moderate damage! While the weasel is still having trouble connecting with the slippery Mincinno.

Minccino (16)
Striped Weasel (16)

Nul

Realising what the Meditite is planning, Holly tries to dart into the safety of Nul's watch. Unfortunately, the Meditite is faster. Moving in close, it unleashes a burst of energy, hitting Holly for a direct 24 damage! With the hiding plan out the window, Holly instead turns around and unleashes another Psybeam - this one aimed straight at a critical area! However the Meditite sees it coming, Detecting the attack and dodging at the last second!

Meditite (12), +1ATK, Injured
Holly (4), Conversion [Psychic], Trace [Pure Power], 45/69Hp

Percy and April

"Well I guess they were rock headed, are you ok Bubbles? What about everyone else?"

After recalling her monkey, Jess bends down and gives her bruised knee a rub, hissing in pain under her breath. But then she seems to push it aside, gingerly standing back up and giving April a stoic nod.

"Ugh..yeah, I'm good. Little buggers were pretty solid, huh?"

"Do you want to talk to the pokemon now Buck?"

"So, yes... I'm sure they've learned their lesson now. Shall we return to those... Dwebbles I believe they were?"

"Yeah, let's go. Hopefully they appreciate all our hard work!"

Leaving the unconscious boulders where they fell, the group set off back up the slope to the waiting bugs. And on arrival, they're treated to a heroes welcome, the Dwebble scuttling over and waving their little claws around in the air in joy. Seems they were watching the battle, and very much approve with the outcome. Bending down, Buck begins chatting to the leader of the rock bugs once again, as Jess peers over towards the other side of the hill.

"...sooooo.....seems you're friend is fighting one of those little white guys. You wanna give him a hand, or....."

Grace

Hefting up the heavy pistol, Grace takes a few practice shots, trying to ignore the pain in her arm. But despite her injuries, her shots are - for the most part - on target. Carrow seems suitably impressed too, giving Grace a nod of appreciation.

"Not bad. Not bad at all. Your technique is good, and you know how to handle the recoil. Only issue I see is your stance, but I'm guessing that's mainly down to the hole in your arm."

"All right, let's try something a bit trickier..."

Fiddling with the control panel, Carrow brings up and activates a setting called "Vision Test G3". The lights at the end of the range instantly dim, and a new series of targets pop up. From what Grace can tell, around half of them are green and the rest red - though the combination of distance and darkness makes it hard to tell which is which.

"So, this is basically a test of accuracy and eyesight. Pretty straightforward; you need to hit the green targets, and avoid the red ones. Begin on my mark. Three, two...."

Roll Per and Combat.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:41 pm

As the Minccino bounces around her opponent, she winds up and throws her weight into her next 3 slaps, probably hurting her opponent a lot more than she thought she was in their 'play' fight.

Double Slap on weasel thing 3: 1D20 = [20] = 20
1D8 = [4] = 4

Double Slap on weasel thing 3 damage - DB 8 + crit: 4D8+20+13 = [2, 5, 4, 7]+20+13 = 51

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:24 pm

"again! Make it count!"

Holly is brutal +2 crit and effect range

And jess actually saw something? :o

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:21 am

As Carrow starts counting down, Grace readjusts her good hand's grip on the pistol, trying to get it into a more comfortable position. Readying it into a steadier position, she hefts it up as Carrow signals the start of the test; her mark is meet with a swift crack of sound as Grace fires her first round, her shooting more steady as she moves from target to target. Auri chases down a couple of errant casings that bounce off the counter and brings them back to Grace and Carrow as the testing concludes.

Grace Firing Test... [rolls]
--Perception (4d6): 14
--Combat (4d6): 14

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:09 am

April blushes and nods her head at the welcome. "I wonder where he went," Looking over and watching for a bit she'll say. "No, I don't think that would be good, it seems to be a one vs one match, see how the other pokemon aren't attacking?" That said April will still make her way towards Nul. "Hey what's going on?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:32 am

"erm hi....uh....well I am prooving holly's power or something against this meditite."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:21 pm

"As April says, it seems they're doing fine." Percival says- Taking the small break as Buck was charming the dwebbles and James doing his battle to take out his grooming kit- Knowing he didn't quite have the time for a full grooming session, but making sure to at least pretty up Flare's wound somewhat.

"That's about all I can do for now... Until we get back to the city at least. Let me know if you want to go back to the ball, alright dear?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:48 pm

Nuligan, not James. James would to try to charm all the pokemon.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:47 am

Han

Rearing up, the weasel prepares to charge at the Mincinno again, this time . But before it can connect with the Headbutt, it finds itself getting thrown around by a never-ending series of slaps! As the beat-down finally ends, the poor Pokemon collapses to the ground, completely unconscious.

Recalling his weasel, the man releases a much slower pine cone to replace it.

Minccino (16)
Striped Weasel (16), KO
Pine Cone (2)

Nul, April, and Percy

As the others arrive to see what's going on, Holly unleashes another psychic blast, this one hitting its mark! The Meditite barely manages to Endure the hit, stumbling backwards and falling to one knee. For a split second it looks like it wants to continue, preparing another attack....but then the other Pokemon intervene, calling a stop to the fight before it can get too out of hand.

Holly gets 25xp!

Grace

Moving with grace and precision, Grace guns down the targets in rapid succession. She may not be perfect, but she's pretty damned close, judging by the faint smile tracing Carrow's lips as she watches. As the last bullet leaves her pistol, the gun clicking empty, the Quartermaster calls an end to the test and pulls up the results.

"'89% success rate'? Well well....I think 'impressive' would be a bit of an understatement. I've known career soldiers who've scored less than that..."

"Congratulations, you pass. With flying colours, I might add. You've spent a lot of time practicing, I take it?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:13 am

Han gives a sympathetic smile to his opponent. He didn't quite expect his Minccino friend to do so well! The thought occurs to Han that he should try to scan his opponent's new pokemon.

Speaking of, the little chinchilla-pokemon launches itself right at the pinecone with another critical series of slaps!

Double Slap on pinecone: 1D20 = [20] = 20
1D8 = [6] = 6

Double Slap on pinecone - DB 8 + crit: 4D8+20+13 = [6, 8, 3, 2]+20+13 = 52

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:18 am

"you did well, both of you. I can see you are a tough fighter." Nuligan puts an empty pokeball at his feet, not quite sure what to do.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:59 pm

"Soo, trying to make a new friend then?" April asks as the pokeball is placed watching the group of pokemon.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Percival, not having to say much decides to just watch the scene play out from a distance... Eventually turning to Buck and Jess- "So what do you think? Continue our climb, or start heading back around to atymos?"

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:12 pm

"I've been taken to the range a few times." Grace replies, making safe her weapon and holstering it again. "Been in a couple a shooutouts as well, though... that's..." Grace pauses, frowning as memories start churning to the surface. "...not something I had gone seekin' out."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:47 am

Grace

"I've been taken to the range a few times. Been in a couple a shooutouts as well, though... that's......not something I had gone seekin' out."

"Hmm..."

If Carrow is curious about Grace's past, she doesn't show it. Possibly out of respect - she seems to understand that it's not something Grace really wants to revisit. Instead, she focuses back on the gun part of their conversation.

"You know...if you're ever looking for some shooting lessons, feel free to give me a shout. Don't get me wrong, you're a natural - but, there's always room for improvement."

"Anyway, I just need to update your License to include a weapons pass, and then you'll be set. Any questions on that?"

Han

Not pausing for even a second, the Mincinno runs in again for another flurry of slaps. But this opponent seems better equipped to deal with it, the Pineco easily Protecting itself from the barrage of attacks.

Minccino (16)
Striped Weasel (16), KO
Pineco (2)

Nul, Percy, and April

"You did well, both of you. I can see you are a tough fighter."

Placing the empty Pokeball on the ground, Nul watches as the Meditite say goodbye to each other. Following a few heartfelt hugs, the one he fought limps over and, after a brief second of hesitation, taps the seal on the ball.

Nuligan has caught a Lv15 Skittish Female Meditite with Pure Power!

And as the Meditite disappears inside the Pokeball, Buck approaches from the other side of the hill, one of the Dwebble perched happily on his shoulder.

"Heh, looks like you made some friends too! Neat!"

"So what do you think? Continue our climb, or start heading back around to atymos?"

"Eh, it's starting to get late. And I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't really fancy trying to find my way back in the dark..."

Looking up, Percy realises that she's right. The dull orange sun hang's low in the sky, dusk fast approaching. They could probably get away with hanging around for another five or ten minutes, but any longer than that and they'd never get back before nightfall.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:04 am

Nuligan lets the meditate and pats her head. "You remind me a lot of Garnet. She is also a kickass fighter who is strong and fights monsters. I think that would be an appropriate name. nuligan waves good bye to Garnet's friends and follows everybody else.

Garnet from Steven Universe
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:16 am

A crease forms in Han's brow as he gets information on this Pineco. The Protect it just displayed was a little disappointing to see with how strong that last attack looked. This Self-Destruct move, however... his opponent wouldn't resort to using that, would he, in this friendly match?

Meanwhile, unperturbed and ignorant of the potential danger, the Minccino happily continues its slapping barrage against the pinecone pokemon!

Double Slap on Pineco: 1D20 = [16] = 16
1D8 = [5] = 5

Double Slap on Pineco - DB 8: 2D8+10+13 = [3, 5]+10+13 = 31

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:50 am

"I'd like to get Bubbles treated, she did take some damage during the fight."

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:11 pm

"No, I think that'll do, but thanks. I'll prolly take you up on those shooting lessons once I get more settled." Grace replies, relieved at not having someone pry. "Actually, on second thought; what weapons does that license actually clear me for? Is it just for pistols an' the like, or does it cover more? Not that I'm keen on runnin' out and buyin' an assault rifle or something, but seein' as trouble's been using me for target practice lately, knowing what I can and can't do is helpful."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Grace

"No, I think that'll do, but thanks. I'll prolly take you up on those shooting lessons once I get more settled."

"Actually, on second thought; what weapons does that license actually clear me for? Is it just for pistols an' the like, or does it cover more? Not that I'm keen on runnin' out and buyin' an assault rifle or something, but seein' as trouble's been using me for target practice lately, knowing what I can and can't do is helpful."

"Hmph, good question. At the moment, when it comes to handguns and pistols, you're set. Anything that can be concealed, you can buy, sell, and handle without complaint from the League. But if you do fancy something a bit bigger....well, that's no problem either, actually. All the League really asks is that you come get some practice in before using it in the field."

"Now obviously, that only applies to basic ballistic weaponry - semi-automatic assault rifles, sniper rifles, that sort of thing. Heavier weapons - miniguns, grenade launchers, stuff like that - are an entirely different matter. Those are a lot more heavily restricted, simply because of how much collateral damage they can cause in the wrong hands. If you somehow got your hands on one of those, you'd pretty much be required to sell it to the League straight away. Unless you got your License updated to cover them, but that's not very likely - even regular soldiers aren't covered with those."

Han

The Mincinno keeps on slapping, doing minor damage to the Pineco. Then the weird bug hits back, chopping down on the Mincinno's furry little arm for 24(22) damage!

Minccino (16), 43/65Hp
Striped Weasel (16), KO
Pineco (2), Slightly Injured

Percy, April, and Nul

"I'd like to get Bubbles treated, she did take some damage during the fight."

"Same. Those smug rock guys got my knee pretty good."

Assuming no objections from Percy, the group says a quick goodbye to the Dwebble and Meditite before beginning their journey back to Aytmos. And the walk back is a lot less eventful than the walk up the hill, with no wild Pokemon in sight.

Eventually, they find themselves back at the main elevator, rapidly ascending into the heart of the tree city. The sun has all but set by now, disappearing below the horizon and leaving behind nothing other than an orange glow on the clouds. Luckily, it seems like the Poke Center doesn't close early - if it ever closes at all - and is still open to take care of their wounded.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Nul goes to get his pokemon healed and puts Mr Ressetti in the box. He goes to the lab, looking for the professor.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:37 pm

The Minccino tries to slap at the Pineco again, but finally getting hit for the first time throws her aim off.

Double Slap on Pineco 3: 1D20 = [3] = 3
1D8 = [3] = 3

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:15 pm

(Sorry, have one small thing I wanted to do before going back to the city :P)

Percival agrees with the sentiment of going back, soon setting off with the others. It's a ways in that he suddenly remembers something. Quickly calling out to the others- "Hey- I just remembered something. I have to do something real quick... I won't be long, so go on ahead alright? I'll catch up in a bit."

That being said, Percival trails off the track for a bit, oblivious to the fact the others are probably thinking he needs to wee- And in the forest area, after making sure there's nothing immediately around, grabs two things. Firstly, a pokeball he hasn't touched since much earlier that day. And secondly, a good portion of carnivore food. As he releases the ekans he had caugt earlier.

"Hey... Relax buddy- Here, take some chow, alright?" he says- Putting down the food for the potentially still angry and likely very confused snake- Hoping that would at least placate it for a while as he continued.

"You're probably hungry... Look- I'm sorry about earlier. It's easy to say it's not okay to something else... But i know things aren't as easy as that. You have to eat too, right? That's how things go. But at that point of time... Well, I had to help my friend- And in the panic, I captured you."

"But the thing is... Well, firstly I would like that all my companions are fully okay with joining me. This conversation would work towards that, but secondly... As things are looking, I'm... Not completely sure if I'll get the chance to use you. I'd let you out whenever I can of course, but it's possible that if you were to stay with me you would end up in the box... I'm... Not sure I understand what it is, exactly. Though I believe they told me it isn't a bad place- Sort of... Like a little habitat. With some interesting things and the guarantee of enough food and safety... That might sound the best of you, since I know the wild life is no fairy tale..."

"But in case you don't, I want to give you the option to leave. I'll just... Do whatever that needs to be done, and you'll be free to slither off."

"What would you want to do?"

► Show Spoiler
---Now---

Percival goes to have his pokemon healed, allowing those not injured- Which is... Pretty much everyone except Flare, really. He allows them to loiter for a bit, as he attempts to use this "internet" to try and find out more about the place they'd be spending the night- And getting some food too, if he remembered correctly. And amazingly enough, for only having been introduced to all these new things for a couple of days, he seems to have been adapting quite well to it.

Percival tech edu: 1D6 = [6] = 6
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:27 am

"Okay, thanks." Grace replies, leaning down and hefting Auri up. "I'll see ya around."

Heading out, Grace ponders what else to do. What she really wanted to do was get some proper clothing, rather than the ratty dress she had scavenged... but it was getting late. There'd be plenty of time for that tomorrow... hopefully. She opts to head back to the league center to inquire about lodgings.
► Show Spoiler