PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Divided Age (Day Four - Arrival at Aytmos)

Post by Natrivv » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:37 am

After getting her pokemon healed April goes to the house with the other people, and stubbornly thinks just waving the pokedex over the thing should pay. "So, the process isn't automatic here? What do you mean I need to press extra buttons?"

April tech check [1d6] = 3

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Grace

"Okay, thanks. I'll see ya around."

"Don't be a stranger. If you need anything, I'll be here ."

Leaving the shooting range, Grace again walks past the hairy man at the workbench on her way out. He gives another wordless grunt as she goes past, this one a grunt of goodbye you guess? He seems to have finished with the grenade, and is attaching some kind of fancy grip to a handgun now.

Returning to the main entrance, she then gets on the task of finding somewhere to sleep. Luckily the receptionist is very helpful, taking her through the entire process and even giving directions to the flats. Seems like he does this a lot or something...

In fact, it looks like he'll be repeating himself pretty soon, as two new trainers - a tired-looking boy and a girl - step into the reception area and approach the desk.

Percy and April

~Back in the wilderness....~

While initially angry at Percy, the Ekans is quickly placated by the tasty food on offer. Seems she really was just hungry after all.

"You're probably hungry... Look- I'm sorry about earlier. It's easy to say it's not okay to something else... But i know things aren't as easy as that. You have to eat too, right? That's how things go. But at that point of time... Well, I had to help my friend- And in the panic, I captured you."

"But the thing is... Well, firstly I would like that all my companions are fully okay with joining me. This conversation would work towards that, but secondly... As things are looking, I'm... Not completely sure if I'll get the chance to use you. I'd let you out whenever I can of course, but it's possible that if you were to stay with me you would end up in the box... I'm... Not sure I understand what it is, exactly. Though I believe they told me it isn't a bad place- Sort of... Like a little habitat. With some interesting things and the guarantee of enough food and safety... That might sound the best of you, since I know the wild life is no fairy tale..."

"But in case you don't, I want to give you the option to leave. I'll just... Do whatever that needs to be done, and you'll be free to slither off."

"What would you want to do?"

Looking up from the food, the Ekans gives Percy a weird look. She might not have fully understood everything the odd human was saying, but she seems to at least get that she's being given a choice. And, after hesitantly sniffing the air, she appears to catch a familiar scent blowing on the wind. Turning back to face Percy, she jerks her tail away from him, pointing into the trees.

The meaning is quite clear - "I'd like to go home, please".

Undoing the Pokemon lock on the Pokeball proves to be a surprisingly simple procedure, and doesn't even break the ball or anything. And, as soon as the process is complete, the snake darts into the undergrowth, disappearing from Percy's sight in seconds.

-- Percy has released the Ekans, and got a Pokeball back!

~In Aytmos~

Arriving at the Center, the group waste no time in handing over their 'mons for healing. Luckily there are no huge injuries, and the nurses are able to get everyone patched up pretty quickly.

But Jess is a different story, as it turns out. The nurses really don't like the look of the nasty yellowish-purple bruise on her knee, and quickly lead her away to get it looked at properly. Much to her annoyance. Glancing between her and his two new friends, Buck gives April and Percy a small shrug and apologetic look.

"Sorry guys, I think I'm gonna stick with Jess. I'll see you around, yeah?"

Saying a quick goodbye, Buck goes along with Jess and the nurses, leaving April and Percy to figure out where they're supposed to go next. By using the magical powers of the interwebz!

However, while Percy has got the hang of a lot of things in his short time on this world, this little task is still a bit beyond him. All he can really figure out is that the receptionist at the HQ usually handles this sort of thing. Luckily, they both still remember how to get there, and it's not too far of a walk either.

But as the pair of them walk in the front doors of the League HQ, Percy spots someone he wasn't expecting to see - the injured girl who Ryall dropped off at the Center!

She seems to look a little better now, though - her arm has a proper bandage on it, and her cuts and grazes have been cleaned up too. The chubby little fox sitting on the floor behind her also seems to have been cared for by the nurses, with a bandage of its own wrapped around its paw. And she's also currently mid-conversation with the receptionist.

Nul

After getting his 'mons healed alongside the others, Nul again wanders off to do his own thing. Dropping off Mr Ressetti, he makes a beeline for the League HQ science labs.

Sadly though, when he arrives, he finds the professor's lab locked up tight. Peering through the tinted glass on the door shows the inside cloaked in darkness. In fact, it looks like most of the labs are empty. The only other person he sees happens to be the woman he met earlier, now dressed in regular clothes instead of her labcoat and googles.

"Can I help...oh hey, you're that kid from earlier. Looking for Prof Trevon again? Sorry, but I think he's packed up and gone home already. He may be a workaholic, but I'm pretty sure even he needs to sleep now and then, heh."

Han

Thrown off by the pain in her arm, the Mincinno whiffs her next bout of hits! Luckily though, the Pineco doesn't seem to want to hit anything either, biting nothing but air.

Minccino (16), 43/65Hp
Striped Weasel (16), KO
Pineco (2), Slightly Injured

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Stuffing her hurt paw in her mouth, the Minccino slaps at the pinecone with her free paw! Not as effectively, though, which it probably should have expected.

Double Slap on Pineco 4: 1D20 = [19] = 19
1D8 = [2] = 2

Double Slap on Pineco 4 - DB 6: 2D6+8+13 = [5, 6]+8+13 = 32

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:45 pm

"yes I was, ah well I gyess i can use the night to flesh out the full report. What time does he normally get here?" Nuligan sets his alarm for about an hour before tge professor would lukely be there and sea hes for 'anomolies around anymos" "gliches around aynamos" "odd pokemon near anymamos" while he travels back to the hotel, most likely seeing grace on his way there.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Han

This time the Mincinno manages to connect with another minor damage slap. But then then Pineco immediately follows up with a nasty 31(29) damage bite to her other paw!

Minccino (16), 14/65Hp
Striped Weasel (16), KO
Pineco (2), Injured
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:16 pm

The little Minccino gives a squeak of pain as its other paw gets bit! So she reprimands the pinecone with more slaps with her first paw again, now all slobbery.

Double Slap on Pineco 5: 1D20 = [18] = 18
1D8 = [7] = 7

Double Slap on Pineco 5 - DB 10: 3D8+10+13 = [6, 3, 7]+10+13 = 39

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:25 pm

Han

Now thoroughly pissed off, the Mincinno unleashes a flurry of angry slaps that leave her opponent barely conscious! But then the Pineco delivers another bite, this one doing 32(30) damage and finally knocking the annoying furry squirrel out of the fight.

Minccino (16), -16/65Hp, KO
Striped Weasel (16), KO
Pineco (2), Very Badly Injured

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:39 pm

► Show Spoiler
With an unsure expression, Han tries to return a fallen pokemon for the first time. He's happy to see that the logic of pokeballs unable to capture unconscious pokemon doesn't apply to pokemon that have already been captured.

Next, Han sends out his little Fennekin.
"Would you... care to retreat your pokemon from this match?" Han asks with some concern at the barely-standing pinecone.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:44 pm

► Show Spoiler
Walking up to the desk, Percival at first seems a bit hesitant recognizing the girl. At first it would seem that he was just going to ignore her, thinking it would probably be weird to just suddenly call out like that... To be honest, it would. And hence it is only when she has already turned and is on her way out that Percival finally speaks up.

"Ah- Excuse me."

"I... Well, this is gonna sound weird, but... Anyways, I saw you being brought into the city earlier today. Not exactly looking in the best condition, but... That wasn't even the worst you've been through, has it?"

"Well... Guess I just wanted to say that hopefully, the future will be brighter. The city has been nice to us so far, at least. And don't forget that this isn't something you have to face alone, okay?"

"Ah... Geeze-"
Percival continues, by this point seeming to address himself more than the girl in front of him- "I must sound so stupid... Come April- We should just get a place to sleep arranged..."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:56 pm

"Oh, you're the person Ryall brought in." After listening to Percival fumble April speaks up. "Actually would you mind sharing a room with me? I'm April, and having just arrived from a Far off country I'd like to share the room with a human." petting Mr. Whiskers head "My new friends are great and all, but it be nice to talk with someone. If nothing else I can share some stories, people seem to like them here."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:03 am

Han

"Would you... care to retreat your pokemon from this match?"

"Hmm..yeah, I think you're right. Come on back Dave, you've done enough for now."

Conceding the Pineco, Han's opponent swaps in a cuddly pink fairy thing to replace it, as Han sends out his Fennekin friend.

Striped Weasel (16), KO
Fennekin (12)
Pink Fairy (6)
Pineco (2), Conceded
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:11 am

Han scans the fairy pokemon curiously.

The Fennekin, meanwhile, starts things off with a max-power Ember! Which isn't that impressive, but it's something!

Ember on pink fairy thing: 1D20 = [8] = 8
2D6+8+11 = [6, 6]+8+11 = 31

The Fennekin is eligible for evolution!

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:49 am

Han

As Han scans the Clefairy, his Fennekin coughs up a powerful blast of flame directly in its face. The fairy is pretty tanky, however, and only takes minor damage. Luckily it doesn't seem to hit hard either, slapping the Fennekin a few times for 19(11) damage.

Striped Weasel (16), KO
Fennekin (12), 44/55Hp
Clefairy (6), Slightly Injured
Pineco (2), Conceded

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:20 am

While the Clefairy doesn't hit hard, the slapping attack warns the Fennekin that the Clefairy could hit much harder, after the Minccino's display. She casts an Ominous gaze at the pink fairy before Embering it again.

Omen - Swift action: The target's Accuracy is lowered by 2.

Ember on Clefairy: 1D20 = [11] = 11
2D6+8+11 = [4, 2]+8+11 = 25

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:41 am

Han

Firing off some more embers, the Fennekin keeps chipping away at the Clefairy. While the fairy is too unnerved by the fox's Ominous Gaze to hit back, whiffing completely.

Striped Weasel (16), KO
Fennekin (12), 44/55Hp
Clefairy (6), Injured, -2 Acc
Pineco (2), Conceded

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:04 am

Seeing that the Clefairy is so good at tanking special hits, the Fennekin opts to go for a physical Flame Charge this time. Her body both heats up and speeds up as she tackles the Clefairy!

Flame Charge on Clefairy: 1D20 = [14] = 14
2D6+10+3 = [3, 5]+10+3 = 21

(+1 Spd CS)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:07 am

Han

Giving up on the ranged attacks, the Fennekin instead coats itself in flame and charges at the fairy! But, while it does seem slightly more effective, the Clefairy still tanks through a fair chunk of the damage. Then it hits back, smacking the Fennekin upside the head for 27(19) damage in retaliation!

Striped Weasel (16), KO
Fennekin (12), 25/55Hp
Clefairy (6), Badly Injured, -2 Acc
Pineco (2), Conceded

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:21 am

The Fennekin keeps up the assault, doing another fiery charge into the Clefairy! As a bonus, she also speeds up to the point of being just a little bit more evasive.

Flame Charge on Clefairy 2: 1D20 = [17] = 17
2D6+10+3 = [6, 5]+10+3 = 24

(+1 Spd CS)

Fennekin (16/12)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:49 pm

Han

Charging in again, the Fennekin delivers another heavy hit, boosting her speed in the process. While the Clefairy doesn't back down either, unloading another 25(17) damage barrage of slaps on the badly hurt fox!

Striped Weasel (16), KO
Fennekin (12), 8/55Hp
Clefairy (6), Very Badly Injured, -2 Acc
Pineco (2), Conceded

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:03 pm

"One more strike, friend! I trust you can do it!"

The Fennekin heats up for what might be her last chance to down her opponent. Flames completely obscure the fluffy little fox, and the living fireball charges into the Clefairy one final time!

Flame Charge on Clefairy 3: 1D20 = [20] = 20
2D6+10+3 = [3, 5]+10+3 = 21

Flame Charge on Clefairy 3 - crit damage: 2D6+10 = [6, 6]+10 = 22
(43 damage total, +1 Spd CS)

The Fennekin is eligible for evolution!

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanking the receptionist, Grace turns to go, only to have the strange young man introduce himself.

...er, maybe. Listening to his spiel, it was hard to say for certain what his angle was. Although she did recognize him as one of the other survivors from the lab.

"Well... Guess I just wanted to say that hopefully, the future will be brighter. The city has been nice to us so far, at least. And don't forget that this isn't something you have to face alone, okay?"

"...So, what, from where you come from, yer some kinda pastor or somethin'?" Grace replies, glancing the stranger's unusual attire up-and-down. "Sorry, but I'm not interested in converting. Whatever gods there might be prolly ain't too interested in a meet-up with me at the moment." She adds. The chubby fox takes a few curious steps forward, sniffing the air around the two strangers, his tails wagging slightly in tentative anticipation.

"Oh, you're the person Ryall brought in. Actually would you mind sharing a room with me? I'm April, and having just arrived from a Far off country I'd like to share the room with a human. My new friends are great and all, but it be nice to talk with someone. If nothing else I can share some stories, people seem to like them here."

"I'm guessin' they don't do paranoia where you come from, I take it. You don't even know me, other than just possibly as some hospital case, and you want to just bunk with me?" Grace asks of the girl, seemingly baffled at the idea.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:11 am

"... Wait, you're..."

"Haha, of course... I guess that makes sense."
Percival begins, finally arriving to the same conclusion.

"No, I'm no priest... It's just that..."

"Perhaps it's easier if I try to show you. Do you... Have anything that you consider important to you? An object you have went through some important things with?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:41 pm

"I'm guessin' they don't do paranoia where you come from, I take it. You don't even know me, other than just possibly as some hospital case, and you want to just bunk with me?" "They humans where I come from don't do much of anything anymore. But you'd still be a human, a lot easier to deal with then a swarm of machines... anyways yes, if nothing else we don't get along, sleep and say goodbye in the dawn's early rays. " At this point she kneels down to let the vulpix sniff her hand, as Mr. Whiskers cautiously sniffs from his perch. "Besides if you were a basket case, what ever in the world it could be, I doubt it's something bad if your friend here is quick to say hello." Straightening up she'll ask. "Besides even the greatest legends still needed their allies. You don't need to trust me, but can you listen, and let me listen to you?"

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:57 pm

"Perhaps it's easier if I try to show you. Do you... Have anything that you consider important to you? An object you have went through some important things with?"

"No. Not anything I'd hand to a stranger, anyhow." She says defensively, shaking her head. A quick run-down of her meager belongings indicated it was the truth; of his criteria, a pistol, some ordinance, and body armor were all that surfaced. But as she thought, another idea came to mind; There were two other items. One was Auri's ball, but that was something that'd only be pried from her cold, dead fingers. It wasn't even his original ball, but one she had re-captured him with after her escape.

The other, though...

"Well... there might be one thing. But if you try anything, yer gonna regret it." Grace added.

Meanwhile, Auri proceeded to sniff April's offered hand. However, as she straightened back up, he lets out a low whine, looking up at her with the shining spherical eyes of dashed expectations. "Besides if you were a basket case, what ever in the world it could be, I doubt it's something bad if your friend here is quick to say hello. Besides even the greatest legends still needed their allies. You don't need to trust me, but can you listen, and let me listen to you?"

"I don't get where 'having allies' and 'sharing a one room apartment' quite meet up. There's only one other I share the bed with, and he's at yer feet, which leaves you on the floor. Not to mention that you'd be getting a free room while I'm carrying all the expenses; I'm not in a position to be offerin' any charity here, even if I knew you... which, frankly, I don't."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:39 am

"Do not worry, I have got no ill intentions..."

"...Besides, even if I did, I think you may very well be correct in that it'd be the worst mistake I'd ever make."

Assuming Grace hands over the object, he uses scrying on it.