GAL 9: TPo1KS (After Action Report)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: GAL 9: TPo1KS (Forced Hiatus)

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm

I'll wait another day to psych myself up to get back into it then, then we'll continue. But you -will- hit that rock wall at some point shortly after the zipline.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:59 pm

my posting may be sporadic over the coming two weeks but will try to post when possible.
if i cant post then i guess Forges just tries and heals people or disarm traps and if we do have to travel back up before the bottom i guess trying to get the statue back up and not throw it down anymore is his third priority.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:34 am

Am ok with anything.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:59 pm

It would help if I didn't forget this thread existed. >_> <_<

I think it'll just be better if we handwave you back to base and wait for the main thread to be updated once Thinks gets back. I'll add the ?Green Metal Ring to someone's inventory (likely Walks, since she was messing with the levers) and we'll pick it up again when Thinks gets back.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:20 am

Walks will pick up the "surveillance" gem from the hidey hole on the way back to the HQ (and sell it to a travelling merchant asap).
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:26 am

► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Yeah, I'll do that sometime in the next couple of days and roll a 25% chance for the old man Gorak rescued to identify the "?" items you found.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:34 pm

After Action Report

If I don't do it now, it's not gonna get done, so let's do a list of what you managed to acquire before my constant disconnections (and being told by Thinks "That's enough loot! Oh good gods!") slowed it down to the point of stagnation. I'm only listing the loot you obtained, not the gear you started with.

Loot Obtained:

Without A Past
Two Sickle Swords (+1 Atk)
8 Gold Pieces
Torch (35 turns light)
2 mirror shards
8-foot long sturdy chain
Mattock (2H, pierces armor, +1 ATK)
8 brass trade gears (1 gold each)
Two pair of Enchanted Wristcuffs ("Cow" to shock the wearer)
4 Bandages (Heals 2 or 3 HP)
Trap Tool Kit
Satchel (Holds 4 small, 3 medium or two large-ish sized items)

Tells Bad Jokes: HP: 1/5
Red Sphere Ioun Stone (+2 Dex)
Torch (35 turns light)

Vengeful One: HP: 5/5

Gnomish Spotlight (60' range Continual Light
One Mace (+2 ATK
Torch (33 turns light)
16 Silver Pieces
Brass Buckler (+1 Def)
One Lead-Weighted Mace (+2 ATK, breaks bones on a critical)
4 Bandages (Heal 2-3 damage)
50' Rope w/ very fine quality grappling hook
Weighted Silver Throwing Dagger (+1 Atk, +2 Damage if thrown)

William The Red

Bo Staff (+1 Atk)
Wealthy Family Banner (10 Gold)
Amethyst (7 gold)
15 medium Pressure Plates
Carved Ebony Box (worth 10 gold) containing ?Heavy IronIvory Amber Wand (Cursed)
4 Bandages (Heals 2 or 3 HP)
Trap Tool Kit
Torch (35 turns light)

Old Man Zannin attempts to identify ?Heavy Wand (75+): 82

The ?Wand is a Wand of Bloodthirst with four charges. The wand wielder's HP are reduced to 1 and he goes berserk when the wand is activated, but has a base 50% to ignore any attack (taking 0 damage) that requires a hit roll. This dodge chance increases by ((Max HP -1) *8) when the Wand is used, and 3% per successful hit the user makes. It goes down by 8% per attack against them (whether it hits or misses) until the battle ends or 6 turns pass. If the wand wielder dies, the wand recharges, otherwise it cannot be recharged. Wand wielder must use the wand as a weapon (like a baseball bat) during the berserk but suffers no "barbarian penalties" after the Rage ends. It is a +2 Atk weapon and worth 15 gold.

The wand is "intelligent" and can speak to one's mind, but is fixated on having as many intelligent creatures (preferably wizards) use it as possible.

Forges for Food

Damaged Trap Tool Kit (-1)
Torch (35 turns light)
3 Elixir of Brittleskin (-3 Def on a hit, -1 on a splash/save, -1 Def permanently if crit)
Potion of Recovery,
?Human fingerbone with two amethysts
Elixir of Healing (recovers 1d6+3 HP)
2 Bandages
Black Gold Scorpion-Amazon Fountain Centerpiece (30 gold; was worth 45 but was damaged)
?Talker's Gold Ruby Ring
?Jeweled Circlet
?Pair of Bone Eight Sided Dice

Old Man Zannin attempts to identify ?Fingerbone (75+): 91

The ?Fingerbone is a Fingerbone of Shielding (two uses left). If a melee blow would deal more than 50% Max HP in one blow, take only 25% of the normal damage instead. Passive, works as long as carried and identified. Does NOT work against blunt weapons or magic effects. Amethysts enchanted with a Shield spell can be inset to restore charges, shattering on use.

?Gold Ruby Ring (75+): 42 ("It's a resistant ring. To things besides my detection attempts.")
?Jeweled Circlet (75+): 33 ("It seems to guide one's hands, but... not enough for an identification.")
?Bone Dice (75+): 13 ("Don't roll them separately. That's all I can tell.")

Walks With The Wind
Crossbow
Torch (25 turns)
Surface Forest Branches (8)
Cloth Sack (containing: Gold Nugget, Silver Nugget, Copper Nugget worth 9/6/3 Gold, quartz, sapphire, ruby and emerald worth 3/8/8/8 Gold)
Bandage (Heals 2 or 3 HP)
1 Medicated Bandage (Heals 4 HP)
Trap Tool Kit
15 Small Mirror Shards
2 Medium Mirror Shards
?Green Metal Ring (stuck inside the gears of the control box where the Vampiric Pudding was, which you discovered in the last turn before my constant interruptions)

Old Man Zannin attempts to identify ?Green Metal Ring (75+): 88

The Green Metal Ring is a Ring of Deathshielding and will protect its wearer against one deathblow per week with 25% odds. If the killing blow is a critical, the chance rises to 75% instead (target takes no damage but the ring cracks and becomes useless). Ring is recharged by leaving it in a glass of elven wine under the moonlight, allowing it to resist more deathblows per week.

Gorak, Wrestler of the River:

Torch (33 turns remaining, +1 Atk, 5% AddFire, 10% SelfSunder)
Dwarf Keg Backpack
Stone sculpter's toolbelt (hammer, chisel, "scratching tool", thick leather gloves)
Beer Barf Towel
4 Torches (35 turns light each)

Gorak and Old Man Zannin return to the GAL with you, along with the wagon. Gorak will be a mercenary for hire for a fair share of the loot (once his shoulder can be properly repaired, which I will just handwave away); Old Man Zannin is a wizard whose fraility and blindness leaves him little more than someone who can identify any magic item with a 25% chance of success. If he blows the roll, he won't be able to ID it, period.

We'll pick this up when Thinks gets back to the forums and can update the GALthread once or twice, unless you want to call it quits here and call it a successful treasure hunt.

The story for the Pit of 1000 Skulls Round II: Once specialized tools (a Wand of Dig) are procured, you can pass beyond the zipline and the cave in beyond it and continue down for whatever fame and glory are down there now that the Talker is dead (he was the ghoul that was inside the Vampiric Pudding; there was no way he was going to fall dead through the hole there.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: GAL 9: TPo1KS (After Action Report)

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:50 am

the keg pack and toolbelt were on loan to gorak from me. Don't I get those back?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:54 am

I think you forgot the "surveillance gem" the *cough crazy, undead cough* Lady left Walks and which I explicitly wrote she would pick up on their way back to the HQ. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:46 am

I'll edit that info in later, but yeah.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:35 am

I've added inventories to the trapper keeper.

Please note that I did not include any of Aegis's "Gold" amounts, because Thinks will probably offer whatever she wants in an attempt to keep the game balanced. Please check your inventories to make sure that everything is included and correct, if there is a problem, tell me and i will fix it, as always.

Thanks.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:59 am

Nah, it actually looks ok to me. I can't promise you'll get those values (trader's have to think of the resale value after all!) but if I'm reading it right, everyone should end up with 15 -20 GP (ish) from this quest which is about right on balance. Just remind me what everything's worth if you're bringing it to the GAL HQ for trade.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:12 am

The only thing is Aegis never updated it. So the things I loaned to Gorak (page 3) and the glass thing Walks got from the witch (page 4) were not in the after action report.

Also how much is silver to gold? 10 to 1? 100 to 1? Makes a difference if I'm keeping track of my own money.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:20 am

I think that the breakdown is 1 platinum = 10 gold, 1 gold = 10 silver, 1 silver = 10 copper