Potential: OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Potential: OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Happened quicker than I thought it would!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Is that like my forestwalk? Or is it something else?
Yeah, it's the Minor Special Ability that everyone started with. Spider's is related to insects. Yours is the Forestwalk one, and it is an example of one that is "Always On" - you don't have to spend MP to have it happen, or discover it, it's just there - you saw the effect of it when you first went walking in the forest, and if any Entangle-type spells or seriously undergrowth-y terrain happens I'll describe its effect on that at the time too.
spiderwrangler wrote:Happened quicker than I thought it would!
I figured you did the right thing in the situation you were in. I wasn't sure how it'd go when you started, I didn't have a "plan" for the necessary steps you had to take or anything, but I felt like it could've gone on or gone around in circles for a while depending on what you tried (if you'd just listened, it would've just carried on, I think. And you could've possibly carried on "playing" with them for ages without progress, if I didn't find anything to latch onto and write around) - but once you tried to hone in on a single bug, I immediately felt like "hey, that would probably have a negative impact on his calm-and-accepting type meditation", but also that that snap-out-of-it moment might be a suitable trigger point. So I rolled with it. :D

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Awww your bug is cute spider!

Mine's one of the "always active" ones, so no discovery there!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:12 pm

Reading Worm has taught me that controlling insects is frakking terrifying if used properly.
lingrem wrote: Mine's one of the "always active" ones, so no discovery there!
Same here. Mine is actually one of the more "boring" ones I think, but it fits me well and has the potential to become extremely good later on.

And now I wish I knew everyones specials >.> The curiosity is killing me.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Yeah, I'm curious too. It sorta bugged me that I only saw the names and much of the info was PMed rather than posted. I was wondering if there was a reason nikhol didn't share them. But since she's already shared some, I'll happily share mine with the group.
► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:38 am

I only shared the names on your sheets as a teaser, but have no problem with you telling each other the full text like Chuck has done, if you wanna :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:28 am

I'm going to wait for mine to come up in-game before I share it :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:08 am

I think mine are pretty simple, no reason to keep them to myself;
► Show Spoiler
Basically, Lance is naturally good at dealing with dogs and making animals like him. Not a passive aura, though.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:19 am

I'm sorry Chuck, I beat your attempt in real life till some random woman broke the spell and they all flew away at once.. :P
► Show Spoiler
As for skills my individual skill is pretty much self explanatory (named "don't eat that!") :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:06 am

You... Know when something is poisoned? Or can eat most anything?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:12 am

I know what you can and can't eat unless it's been tampered with so gathering food in the wild is only a minor problem as I don't have to guess what might be good to stuff into my face :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:19 am

Individual Ability: At Ease (While Book was quite gruff and you claim Bri has low charisma, your ability able to make people laugh is still very handy. You get two rolls on your base skill when trying to make a first impression, calm a situation down, or cheer someone up, and the better result is used.)

Minor Special Ability: Traceless Walk, Forest-type (0MP cost, always on) (You are unhindered by any tree-y natural environment when you move; even the deepest forest or jungle poses no trouble to you, you navigate it with ease and never accidentally catch your boot in a root and fall on your face, and you can move at normal speed where other people might be slowed. Spells that are of the right type, e.g. slowing plant tendrils, will not affect you, but similar tendrils made of rock would, as they are outside your domain. You also do not leave tracks in a Forest environment.)

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 am

Since we're mostly all doing it... Here's Leonie's:

Individual Skill: Lore (Leonie has travelled a bunch, and while you don't have access to all her memories at will, hearing the name of (or seeing) a place, person, historical event, artifact or the like might trigger the retrieval of a bit of relevant buried knowledge. I envisage it as being a bit like the "Bardic Lore" ability, except more random! Whether or not you can access a buried tidbit of memory is a straight 50/50 chance of yes or no, rolled (by me) when you post that you're "having a think about it" or similar. It's once per person/place/thing, no second chances even if you see it again later or think about it harder, to represent the weirdness of the brain splinching! If you succeed, we move on to determining what she knew, which is by hidden d100 roll: 1-10 is "urban legend", potentially wrong, an incorrect assumption, outdated or mis-remembered, 11-30 is correct but is common knowledge or not particularly useful, 31-80 is a useful or insightful piece of trivia, 81-90 is uncommon or more extensive useful knowledge, 91-100 is very rare knowledge, and details of a supernatural element if one is present, e.g. if you're thinking about a king who is actually a vampire, or this ancient sword which is actually a magic portal key.)

Minor Special Ability: Know North (0MP Cost, Always On) (With a moment's concentration, you can discern which direction is North, and from that discern a whole bunch of other useful directional information... like South! And which way to go to not be where you are. Other people may be able to do this with the aid of the sun or a compass, but you can do this at night, while blindfolded, upside down, underground, and so on. You will rarely get lost, and will get un-lost quickly when forcibly made to be lost. This also provides you a small but noticeable bonus when dealing with being disoriented by dizzying affects, and you are quite likely to land on your feet if you fall, because you are sort of 'self-righting'.)

Side note: The not-disoriented by dizzying effects is currently hilarious to me!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:01 am

Sorry for the radio silence this week guys, feeling rough and uninspired but hope to get updates out this weekend.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:42 am

Health comes first nikohl! :) Get rested, healthy, and happy again!

A happy GM makes for more interesting NPC interactions :) And more likely to have a merciful, and kind, GM.

Unlike Theis.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:50 am

I'm merciful! I'm pretty sure I saved you guys with subtle hints several times xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:21 am

As much dumb stuff as our party does in theis' game, if he wasn't merciful I think we'd be looking dead.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:49 am

Let me have my fun ;)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:05 am

I might just have to make those accusations real!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:14 pm

I haven't abandoned you guys, but this illness is really sapping my creativity. As soon as I get it sorted out and settled down, I will be back. I'm sorry to keep you waiting without any warning, but I feel rough as anything at the minute and am zombie-ing between work and bed. My house looks like a bomb site, I'm rapidly running out of clean clothes, and I've chain-watched three seasons of Ru Paul's Drag Race so far because most evenings/days-off I can't face the thought of moving around or concentrating so I just sit and stare at mindless stuff on Netflix ¬_¬

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Works for me; I'm in pretty much the same boat. Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Glad to know we haven't been forgotten. Get better and come back to us when you can.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:41 pm

No stress, I pretty much figured you were off sick at the mo :) Hope you get a break from it soon though and start feeling better-sounds like a really shit bug to get

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Hope you get better soon :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:14 am

You don't need to apologize dearie! Just focus on getting healthy again!