Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:41 am

B.J. continues sorting the shop's inventory. At Tim's comment she tilts her head a little, puzzled.
Does he want me to distract Ethan, or what's he getting at?

OOC: The "in voice color text in italics" is her THOUGHTS no one can hear those. Just to be clear.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:00 pm

At Bobby's puzzled look he'll try to be a little more forthcoming. "I just need a moment to look around. Something I'd prefer to do alone." Then lowering his voice down even further to a low whisper. "So long as he stays here I'll be fine."
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:21 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Ryush:
► Show Spoiler
As Ryush observes the area outside his home via the medium of sound, he finds that some noises stand out to him much more than others. Just as the sound of his oven faded away when he first broke through to the outside, soon the wind becomes barely audible - a background noise, not enough to draw his interest. What comes to the forefront are the sounds of life: the occasional rustle of the birds in the area adjusting their feathers is so clear and vibrant that they could almost be in the room with him, and when they call to each other it is loud enough that it almost shocks him out of his reverie. But before long, the persistent whistle of the crickets in the long grass behind his home grows from a chorus of individually discernible chirps, to a constant humming buzz, then to an almost orchestral roar that fills his ears entirely.

--

Remy:

Remy decides to take what items in his garden he can harvest right now and that will travel well. He uses the basket he just bought to collect things in, so he can potter around without having to stop and go back and forth too much.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
So far, he's gathered up a good bunch of whole cowslip plants, two dozen fresh yellow heads of dandelion, a single plant's worth of foxglove seeds (which he has put into one of his empty vials, to avoid losing them or touching them unduly), five long fresh pistils of red cat's tail, three leopard's bane plants in full flower, several large sprigs of nearly-ripe elderberries, and a gnarled fist-sized chunk of comfrey root.

[You'll need to roll for me to tell you what to do with them as far as storage/carrying/preservation, or you can tell me what you do with them and that'll be what happens whether I consider it to be right or not :lol:]

--

Lance:

Lance packs his dirty laundry as well, then sits down for a bit of a rest while his old dog has a snooze.

After a few moments, the hound starts quietly snoring.

--

Timothy:

Timothy leaves Feather in his bedroom - he has no problem slipping out of the door and shutting it before she can follow him, as she's still happily "exploring" the new place. He heads down to the shop and talks to B.J.
► Show Spoiler
Ethan doesn't notice anything unusual about what he says.

[There's way more time left in your turn, but I wanted to get an update in as I'm hoping to do stuff around the house this weekend and am not sure I'll have time for a full thing tomorrow. So if you were planning to have Tim go off and do something sneaky with his remaining 14 minutes, let me know and I'll edit in.]

--

Ren├®:

Ren├® packs his purchases into his rucksack while he and Ethan talk about the tarot cards. Ethan does seem interested in learning the principle of the game, even though he didn't know the cards were the basis of a game or a fortune telling method, but he isn't pushy enough to ask outright.

--

B.J.:

B.J. has finished moving the large items out of the shop and arranging one of the shelves, and has moved onto a second shelf. It's already looking tidier in here, but there's plenty more to be done.
► Show Spoiler
The knife is on the next shelf to be tidied. She's still got her eye on it and Ethan isn't paying attention to it in any way - he's still talking about tarot cards.

--

Amanda:

:shrug:

----
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:28 pm

His expanded mind is nudged back to its physical vessel by the familiar aroma of bread that has finished baking. Ryush a bit reluctantly pulls his consciousness back into the hut and into his body, opening his eyes and standing practiced ease. He heads over to the oven to check on the bread, easing the first two batches out and placing them to cool before loading the last batch in to bake off. Once it's underway, he'll resume his meditation, expanding beyond the hut and trying to pick up where he left off.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:53 pm

► Show Spoiler
Ryush judges that the oven's temperature has not changed so significantly that the baking time needs to be adjusted: another [two turns] must pass for this final batch to cook. By that time, the first and second sets of loaves should be cool enough to handle and inspect for quality.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:43 pm

nikohl wrote:[There's way more time left in your turn, but I wanted to get an update in as I'm hoping to do stuff around the house this weekend and am not sure I'll have time for a full thing tomorrow. So if you were planning to have Tim go off and do something sneaky with his remaining 14 minutes, let me know and I'll edit in.]
Yeah, I was kinda hoping for an affirmation from B.J. that she understands before I went off and did anything.

Presuming that happens:

Tim will head out to the bar section, head behind the bar and quickly (and quietly) grab some food, something suitable for a bird. (not looking to do a full search since they're right next door, just a quick and dirty)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Heh, no matter where you are, dogs are the same. Lance gets up and gently wakes the dog, "Sorry to wake you, but we need to be ready to go. I'll bring your bed so you can rest while we wait."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:38 am

Last Turn (for Tim):

Tim finds quite quickly the two big baskets that B.J. had tidied up earlier are still in place where she put them back on the bar. They have no whole rolls or cakes left in them, but they're full of large and small crumbs, knocked-loose seeds, smears of butter, honey and jam. He finds little else by way of real food back there - it's mostly drinks and drinking implements. There's cutlery and bowls, so obviously food happens... But it must be elsewhere.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:33 am

(I thought I posted this but then I've been sort of out of it anyway)

Amanda decides to head back to the Tavern with her cash and see if she can procure anything useful for the trip tomorrow...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:01 am

Amanda arrives to find Ethan talking to Rene in the shop, and B.J. in the middle of organising the shop's inventory (which is to be found on the previous update.)

"Ah, another customer!" says Ethan, gesturing for Amanda to come in and look around.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:03 am

Also:

The dog wakes up without much of a fuss. He's old, but not geriatric, so when Lance gently shakes him awake, he yawns and stretches and stands up, tail wagging, and there don't seem to be any side effects of having been gotten up - he might not be a bouncy puppy any more but there's no creaky old bones here yet! He waits patiently for something else to happen.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:28 am

Lance picks up the water bowl and empties it out the window, after making sure nobody is standing below, then stows it away with everything else, and rolls the dog bed under one arm and makes his way back down to the shop, calling the dog, "Come along, there are some final preparations to make before we wait for the others."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:34 am

There's room for them all in the shop, but it is getting rather full again, what with B.J trying to do her inventory/tidying-up at the same time. The dog sits down by the door.

Ethan looks over at Lance as he returns. "Back again, Loup? Forget something, did you?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:59 am

"I did, yes. I just need something to tie the dog bed to my pack. I wouldn't like to have a comfortable place to lie while making him sleep on the ground." Casting about, he quickly notes the lack of leather straps, but spots the two belts and picks one up, "This should do well. How much are you asking?"
My game:

My characters:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:45 am

"Just a gold for that."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:55 am

"Hm... Yeah, that sounds decent. Thanks, Ethan. If I don't see you again before we set out, well... I'll be back once this ordeal is sorted out. Maybe I'll have a few stories of adventure to tell." Lance hands a gold coin over to Ethan and uses the belt to hang the dog bed from his back, then, if nothing else is said, heads out to the well, beckoning for the dog to follow.
My game:

My characters:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:04 am

"You're not going tonight, are you? Surely you'll wait til the morning to hit the road, make the best of the light for your travels? It's a long walk... Still, I s'pose if you all left and went North right about now, you could make it to Cairnwood by last light and hope to take lodgings there and set off again in the morning... and South you'd probably get to Throncrest about the same time. But there's no guarantee of an open door either way."

(I've updated your character sheet in the last full post to contain your new carried items and updated money, for completeness and so I don't forget before the next update!)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:12 am

"I'm not sure. It's going to come down to what the group decides on, I suppose, but I want to be ready to leave if we decide to go right away. I'll be hoping we wait out the night first, though."
My game:

My characters:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:20 am

"Aye, alright then. I'd decide quick, though... it should be now, or at least right soon, or not til tomorrow. That's the way I see it. Otherwise you'll all find yerselves still sick from this illness and sleeping under the stars a ways away from anywhere."

--

I've updated the shop inventory, so it is correct as of the most recent purchase (Lance's belt) and this is it, as it stands. (I think... feel free to doublecheck your stuff, guys :paranoia:)
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:34 am

[last turn] B.J. just rolled her eyes a little at Tim's request, seeing how she was busy, and - for that matter - so was Ethan. She motioned with her eyes towards the innkeeper to indicate as much, him yakking away about tarot cards with a customer anyways and continues straightening up the shop's inventory.

[this turn] She moves to the counter, grabs the knife, slips it into her dress pocket with one smooth motion and almost immediately picks up something else nearby that requires the use of both her hands to hold it, carrying it to the appropriate spot in the shop.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:06 am

Wanting more than scraps, Tim heads out around to the cellar. Watching for any on lookers, he'll slip in (activating his light), grab another sack and grab a few food items. Things the bird might like and that don't perish quickly. (not going to stuff it full like I did the booze, just a few items) Then hide the sack under his cloak deactivate his light and head back up to the bird.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:23 am

B.J.:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
B.J.'s attempt to filch the knife goes off without a hitch, old Ethan was looking completely the other way at the time, sorting out his coin purse after Lance's purchase. However, Amanda, Lance and Ren├® are all aware that B.J. picked it up and pocketed it. Whether they think she stole it or just think she's carrying it as part of her cleaning and tidying is up to them; but she has been picking up and moving everything else in the shop and she didn't seem to be acting suspicious.

[GM note: I'm not going to tell you how to have your characters react, you can be as suspicious as you choose. You three all rolled high enough to spot the action, but B.J. succeeded on her own Stealth and Deception rolls, so it didn't particularly look like an obvious theft.]

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:39 pm

The shop was getting a bit too crowded for my taste and I still had things to do, so I decided to leave for now.

"I think I'll leave for now, and leave you to your customers Ethan. I still have some things to prepare for our departure. It was nice chatting with you."

I shouldered my newly bought rucksack, and made my way back home.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:28 am

Ethan nods a goodbye.

[your house is like, two doors down, so there's plenty of time to pack or do whatever you had planned next when you get there.]