Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Post by Quarg » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Amanda moves into the kitchen and waits a moment to see if anyone else is around before seeing if she can find some dried meat and beans in stores.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:31 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:09 pm

"Thirty? Come now, Ethan, I mean no disrespect, but the tent is more holes than leather. I'm needing to buy the tools and supplies to fix it, and I'll be learning the task myself... Ah, but I do want to be fair to you, I couldn't in good conscience take advantage of your kindness. So, being that there's no way I could pay so much, I suppose I'll have to leave the tent, leather, and sewing equipments out."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:44 pm

Since she doesn't have the means to actually pay for anything, B.J. keeps looking through the wares.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:17 am

Remy also decides on a cloth needle and thread, the carved bone cow, 1x woven basket, the graphite pencil and the blank book, before taking everything up to Ethan to pay for.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Timothy finds a couple more stray crumbs in his pocket with which to appease the magpie, and hurries back to the tavern while she eats.
► Show Spoiler
As he crosses the threshold into the fairly full and especially dog-containing tavern, the magpie hops off his hand and flits over to sit on the cover of well across the street. "A-a-a-a!" she chatters loudly, then proceeds to clean her beak on the hard surface of the wellcover.

--
► Show Spoiler
Amanda finds more fresh-ish food than dried, over in the lodge. There are aged offcuts of meat, smoked strips of what looks like ham, and some beef sausages wrapped up to keep the flies off, several big loaves of dark rye bread, two dozen eggs, and plenty of fresh vegetables here. With a bit of rummaging she locates what is presumably an emergency supply of staples for a rainy day - there's a medium sized sack of dried green peas and broad beans, a smaller sack of mixed seeds, a little oiled jar stuffed full of dried tomatoes and a waxed paper parcel of pemmican.

--

"Ah, plenty of useful stuff for you there, Rafe. You'll need to find something to make a wick for that lantern - good cording or wool will do, but I'm all out. I thought there was some fuel around here, too..." he trails off, looks around, then gives up when he can't spot anything immediately and tots up the assortment of items brought to him. "Twenty four and five, all in."

--

The shopkeeper turns back to Lance and shrugs. "Aye, the tent's old, but it's sound. It's meant to sleep six, but it's roomy. All the poles are there, plus the groundsheet and the inner waterguard, the bug-nets, the guy ropes and pegs... Still, if I can't tempt you, I s'pose you can hope for warm nights and dry weather. Without the tent, leather and sewing bits, it'd be nine and four. Call it nine, as it's you?"

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:20 pm

► Show Spoiler
ooc: Does my room have a window? I'm assuming so since I didn't need a light source when I went up to my room, but its kinda relevant to how I'll proceed so I figured I'd ask first. Also, which direction would said window be facing if it exists?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:49 am

(OOC: Yes, your room has a window. Your room is on the left of the building, towards the back, and the window faces outwards. Room 1's window faces the front, you could see the main street and the bird from that one if you were in there. Room 3's faced the back. Your room is between those two. And good point about the cloak, I'd forgotten that.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:48 pm

"Hmm... Nine seems fair. I'll speak with my companions once we regroup to see if we can pool together the 21 for the tent and repair supplies, considering it would benefit all of us."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:52 am

(OOC: I should clarify, although as soon as anyone gets it out of its bag and looks they'll see for sure: While I described it as "a grubby and moth-eaten pile of stuff", the tent isn't -broken-, it's just old...Having some resources to repair it with along the way is totally a good idea, but it's workable as it is, if that influences your group budgeting choices. I did make sure a couple of you were pretty flush with cash though, so you could buy pretty much his entire stock if you pool. Or you could nick it. :shrug: ;))

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:46 pm

nikohl wrote:(OOC: Yes, your room has a window. Your room is on the left of the building, towards the back, and the window faces outwards.
Couldn't make it easy on me could you. I was hoping to call him from the window. Well, I'll make it work.
nikohl wrote:I did make sure a couple of you were pretty flush with cash though, so you could buy pretty much his entire stock if you pool. Or you could nick it. :shrug: ;))
lol, it takes some of the fun out of having all the money if you're the one who has to buy all the group items. Then again having the party indebted to you isn't necessarily a bad thing. Though, I'm more inclined to take a five finger discount. Then again waiting till night means my more honorable comrades get to shop first, and I may lose out on some good stuff. It may not have been on my shopping list, but I would have bought the book had Remy not beaten me to it.

Tim is disappointed the bird doesn't trust him enough yet to go in the tavern with him. Then again considering the commotion inside he's not exactly surprised either. He'll head over to the well and try to get the bird to trust him again. Perhaps by trying the mind meld again. If he gets the bird to come back to him he'll head around to the side of the building looking for some way to climb up to his window, circumventing the rest of the tavern so the bird doesn't get spooked.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:41 am

Remy wracks his brain for any memories of Rafe's such as any favours or regular business he has done with the elderly innkeep which may help with bartering or a discount.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:00 am

(Quick reply from work: Rafe was in good standing with everyone in town as he's basically the doctor; however his services were always paid for in return, either with coin or food or some other trade, and no one has a bill outstanding. He can haggle just like everyone else, and people like him so he'll do well, but he can't recall anything in particular that he has as a specific "you owe me" beyond his professed intent to go cure the poisoned group.)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Ryush:

Ryush meditates on his beard. He looks at the pattern as far as he can see it, and then feels for the rest of the pattern closest to his face. Without undoing it, he feels the pattern of the smaller braids that form the one larger one, tracing his fingers over the texture of the braid, moving it about without loosening it too much and trying to discern some deeper meaning behind the familiar design.
► Show Spoiler

With a smile, he suddenly realises why he recognises the pattern, and where Rush had gotten it from. ItÔÇÖs from a decorative plaited loaf; the man had learnt to braid bread in that shape as a child, and intricate facial hair was a common feature of several cultures in the area where he grew up, influenced by a local community of dwarves. (He recognises the people in the memory as dwarves instinctively, but the idea that they exist is still a strange jolt to the primarily Ryan-part of his brain for a second or two.) When RushÔÇÖs own beard grew he adopted the style for himself, finding it fitting to his identity as a baker.

Ryush spends several minutes tracing the pattern as he recalls these memories, until the hand movements become almost automatic again, like they were to Rush, and he can follow the layout of the smaller braids without conscious thought. The memories help him; he can picture Rush learning the plait on loaves of bread as a child, and recall him plaiting a much shorter beard as a younger man. He risks undoing the bottom half of the larger braid and practicing for real, confident that the muscle memory will guide him ÔÇô and the confidence pays off. He has replicated at least the bottom half of the braid well, and feels fairly sure he could do the whole thing without too much trouble, even without a mirror or any help.

--

Timothy:

Timothy returns to the well, coaxing the bird back onto his arm while focusing on her in the same way as before. Sadly, the results of his focus are much the same; the glow surrounds the magpie, but not in the same way as it surrounds him. It seems to emanate from within him, whereas it seems to just cover and coat the bird and not really reach her. Regardless, she approaches, looking for more food, and crawks reproachfully at him when she finds that he has none but stays on his arm nonetheless. When he walks back towards the tavern, she shuffles her feet as if she was planning to take off, but since he goes round to the side rather than in through the front door, she hangs around. He looks for a way up to his window, but there arent any ledges. He does recall the stairs up to the back of Room Three just around the corner, though
► Show Spoiler
--

Amanda:

Amanda found some food at the workerÔÇÖs lodge and decides now is the time to stock up for her travels - with a bit more rummaging she finds a sack that looks to have previously carried loaves of bread, based on the crumbs at the bottom, and stashes away a few days' worth of supplies in it, rolling and folding the sack between fillings to keep the legumes separate from the meat and separate again from the pemmican. All packaged up like that, it's small enough that she could try to conceal it under her shirt if she really needed to disguise it in a hurry - but it would be pretty obvious to anyone who did anything more than glance. It's definitely small enough to stash inside her chest at the lodge, though, and she knows even though the chest isn't lockable, it's a well-followed rule in the shared space that people don't rummage through each others' stuff, so it should be safe and hidden there.

--

At the Tavern:

While Lance finishes deciding what he wants and accepts nine gold as the price for his chosen items, and Remy considers the price quoted for his, B.J. continues searching the shop for any further hidden treasures. Rene is dazzled by the sheer magnitude of said treasures, and stands around having a good look at everything, trying to decide what he might like to buy.

Well, treasures might be a bit of a stretch, but. Theres definitely extra stuff, at least.
► Show Spoiler
SheÔÇÖs pretty sure, now that everyone else stopped moving stuff around and she was able to look behind and under things in a bit more of a methodical fashion, that sheÔÇÖs rummaged up everything there is to be found.

Under and behind other things, or on low shelves or otherwise previously overlooked, sheÔÇÖs turned up the following items, which she helpfully puts in more visible places. Ethan looks rather pleased that sheÔÇÖs tidying up in here too.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
--
Last edited by nikohl on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited in Amanda's full action and Rene's looking-aroundness.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:07 pm

[sorry kept trying to post this but me and the internet genies are having issues]

Amanda seeks out a small bag or bags and takes a few days rations of dried peas, some of the smoked ham, and the pemmican. Trying to only take portion that she can easily hide on herself back to the dorm.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Ryush judges that he has a bit of time yet until the first couple batches are ready, and pleased by his success with meditative thought returning memories related to his beard style, remains seated and seeks to slip into quiet contemplation, both emptying his mind, and expanding it to fill his home.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Timothy considers going around the back but quickly dismisses the idea. The commotion of the inn could be an indication that the occupant of the room had returned. Plus the animal smells from the stable/kennel could scare the bird off.

He decides the best course of action would be to somehow convince the bird to fly up to the window sill and then go up and let him in. The problem is how to communicate that. He again tries to mind meld with the bird focusing on his desired intent. As he does so he talks in soothing tones, "Good birdie. Can you fly up to that window and wait for me there?" He'll point to the window with his other hand, trying to indicate his intent. If successful he'll head up to his room and let the bird in.

ooc: I get the feeling I need a crit for the desired melding, so it may be a while. Well, I've gone this far and I'm nothing if not stubborn. It may take me 30 turns but I will have this bird! Hopefully there is still stuff I want left in the store by the time I get there.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Lance hands the nine gold too Ethan, then packs the bedroll, waterskin, and firestarter into the backpack, slinging the sacks over one shoulder as he puts the tent back in its original place, then makes his way back to his room to pack everything there - Food into the sacks, if he can get it all in one then that's ideal, but if not then there's nothing to be done about it. As for his clothes, they can go in the backpack as well.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:42 pm

Remy addresses Ethan, doing his best to hide his creole accent. "Oh come on old friend, you would charge me like some stranger passing through? Tell you what, throw a discount my way and you can have your next remedy from me for free. And use of any herbs from my garden while I'm away."
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:43 am

B.J. sighs again and picks up a canteen, the provisions bag and the retractable knife. She walks up to Ethan slowly, waits her turn and says "With you already so graciously offering me a room to stay for the night, I daresay it would be rude to impose on your generosity any further, Ethan, but I just have to ask: is there any way I could have these items? Like I said before, I'm not aware of any money or any valuables that belongs to me, but I'd be willing to work for them. Earn them, since I can't trade for them. I could help out in the tavern some more, clean the rooms or maybe even help you with the shop? Get everything in order, make some kind of inventory list, help customers find what they are looking for or see that the condition of your stock doesn't deteriorate over time. Or I could attempt to mend the tent, for example."

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:22 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:58 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:05 am

(When your inventory changes beyond "doesn't have any crumbs in pocket", I'll update your sheet.)

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:23 pm

((Sorry for not posting. Caught a cold and didn't feel that well the past few days. I'm gonna RP the missed turn as me just taking a bit longer to finish searching, if that's okay.))

Searching the store took longer than I expected, there really was a lot of stuff. Having a pretty good idea of the inventory now, I picked up the things I needed:

The large rucksack, one each of the small and medium pouches, the leftover waterskin, a bedroll, and the pair of ankle boots. I also saw the little clockwork toy and the tarot deck, and -on a whim- decided to take them as well. Once I had all the things I wanted in a pile before me, I decided to take a closer at them before going to Ethan. It wouldn't do to buy something damaged.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:17 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler