Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Alaen
Converses Frequently

Re: Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Post by Alaen » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Quarg wrote:"I have so much pain at the moment, my vision is sorta blurry...what i need is a cool drink of water."
"Yeah, I could use some cold water too, my head is killing me."
Quarg wrote:She steps up to the two men and whispers..."I've got a feeling the locals might think the best solution to glowing people is to just have them burn up quickly and be done with it..."
I hadn't even thought of that, but she had a point. We were acting pretty suspiciously, and we didn't know how the locals would react to a bunch of weird strangers.
Quarg wrote:She then says in a more conversational tone, "Well we can't leave him here...so let's drag him over to the well, maybe some cold water will revive him..."
Amanda bends down to see if she can pull the prone figure across the road and to the well...
"Good idea. Let me help you."

I bent down and helped the woman get the prone man over to the well, trying not to make it too uncomfortable for him.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Timothy also helps make sure everyone makes it to the well. Upon exiting he notices others with the same glow. However, he heads for the one by the well.

"Perhaps we should find a quiet place to talk about.... THIS," nodding at the glow surrounding his hand, "That doesn't have a bunch of suspicious villagers around."

ooc question: Since Tuane was only passing through but intending to meet someone here, did he rent a room to stay in? Or had he not done it yet/not intended to take that long? Kinda important to finding a quiet place, though I suspect the locals might have a place of their own that might do better.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:54 pm

(OOC: there's an OOC thread! And yes, if you look in your character background that I wrote for you and sent to you, you will note that Tuane has been staying at the tavern. That's also where all his stuff is...which I also noted in that PM, along with a line saying "I shall say zis only once" and that it's not my problem if you forget it, etc etc :p)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Sorry, I somehow missed it when skimming even though its mentioned twice. (its a lot of info)

ooc: my room would not due for the 7 of us so if someone else were to suggest a place that would be better.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Ryush staggers to his feet with the urging of the others, remembering to grab his sack of carrots, and allows them to lead him, stumbling and eyes still screwed shut against the pounding headache, out of the building and into the fresh air. His shallow breathing begins to come more regularly as the others halt at the well. Ryush slumps against it's wall and cradles his throbbing head in his hands.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Amanda looks about and tries to pull a bucket of water from the well.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:52 pm

► Show Spoiler
Remy rolls onto his hands and knees and spends a minute bringing up the contents of a stomach he's not even sure is his, bile burning his throat. Dear spirits, what is dis? He glances up at villagers with strangely familiar faces, who all crinkle their noses and give him a wide berth. He faintly recalls drinking a beer, so they must assume he is intoxicated rather than otherwise unwell. He slowly staggers to his feet, looking down at his garb and different complexion hands. I am... Rafe? No, I am Remy! Who is Remy? Look who I am! I am Rafe! He wipes his mouth and turns to haul up a pail of water, which he uses to refill his glass. Taking big gulps to clear the taste from his mouth, he notices other villagers with a faint glow staggering toward him. He slowly pulls names attached to faces from a far muffled corner of his head, like reaching out through thick fog or heavy rain.

As they approach he exclaims "Am I dead? Are you de spirits of de dead come to claim me?"
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:05 pm

"I fucking FEEL dead...", Ryush groans though clenched teeth and closed eyes.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:55 pm

"No, we're not spirits. At least I don't think so. Seeing as you're glowing too and seem to be just as confused as us, I take it whatever happened to us happened to you too? Well I think we should find find a spot to talk without the staring eyes of all these villagers. I... or rather the person I'm... possessing? I'm not sure if that's the right term. Regardless he or I have a room rented but its too small for all of us. Anyone else have a place?"
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:41 am

Remy looks at his hands again, then around at the others before addressing Tuane. "I have... this body has a hut on de outskirts of de village. It may give us some peace an' quiet to work out wha' de fuck happened. I tink you all know me as Rafe, but I don't feel like Rafe. Given I appear to have los' everyting else, I would prefer to keep my name at leas'. I am Remy. Follow me."

If they follow, Remy leads them through the village to his hut.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:38 am

Amanda states..."Wait up...the man with the dog over there...he's got an indication too...does anyone know his name?"

She then hands the man with the bag of carrots the pail of water to drink some..."This might help..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:02 am

Unsteadily, Ryush sweets his bag down and scoops some water on his face and takes a sip. Opening his eyes, he sees faces of familiar strangers... Many with a faint glow that he seems to share.

(You wouldn't know what's in my sack. :) )
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:40 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:"No, we're not spirits. At least I don't think so. Seeing as you're glowing too and seem to be just as confused as us, I take it whatever happened to us happened to you too? Well I think we should find find a spot to talk without the staring eyes of all these villagers. I... or rather the person I'm... possessing? I'm not sure if that's the right term. Regardless he or I have a room rented but its too small for all of us. Anyone else have a place?"
Synch wrote:Remy looks at his hands again, then around at the others before addressing Tuane. "I have... this body has a hut on de outskirts of de village. It may give us some peace an' quiet to work out wha' de fuck happened. I tink you all know me as Rafe, but I don't feel like Rafe. Given I appear to have los' everyting else, I would prefer to keep my name at leas'. I am Remy. Follow me."
"Wait, what?! You mean this isn't my own body?!"

Suddenly everything made sense. Well, as much sense as a magical body swap can.

After the man with the sack was done drinking, I took a look at myself in the water.

"I'm old?!? The hell?"

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:44 am

Synch wrote:Remy looks at his hands again, then around at the others before addressing Tuane. "I have... this body has a hut on de outskirts of de village. It may give us some peace an' quiet to work out wha' de fuck happened. I tink you all know me as Rafe, but I don't feel like Rafe. Given I appear to have los' everyting else, I would prefer to keep my name at leas'. I am Remy. Follow me."
"Point to where it is. I'll try to find any others this happened to and meet you there with them."

After having the hut pointed out to him or at least the direction, he will approach the other two glowing people and tell them to meet there to discuss what happened. Then search for others (there are no others but my guy doesn't know that). He will move through the village discretely as possible, trying not to draw any undue attention to himself. When possible he will stick to the shadows but not quite try and sneak. (essentially try to move through stealthily, but in a way that won't draw attention if seen)

ooc: actually our hosts wouldn't know each other. My host is from out of town and just passing through. You might know some of the others though.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:54 am

(GM input: if you as a group want to go ahead with the rough plan as per Remy and Timothy's instructions and head to "Rafe's House", I can autopilot BJ/Bobby in Gathers' absence as sadly she still appears to be too sick to come online, Dlover can decide what Lance does/doesn't do, and I can do an update for you guys today that culminates in you getting to Rafe's house (some later than others) and therefore allows you to carry on RPing. I'm back at work next week and it's my gran's birthday tomorrow, so today's good for me if it's good for you!)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:11 am

"You want me to... Go to a cabin in the woods? ... Screw it, might as well let this crazy dream play out." Slowly standing, he looks down at the dog before heading out, "Will you come with me? Having a friendly face like yours with me would help to keep this from becoming a nightmare."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:45 am

I'm fine with the fast forward/autopilot. I feel bad for Gathers' as she is missing so much and is going to have a lot of catching up to do (not to mention being sick sucks).
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:16 pm

(Me again: Gathers is better but now away on a trip so might not be able to check in: if she's not able to post I will be auto-piloting BJ/Bobby based on what I know of the character(s) so the game progresses, and Gathers can take over with minimal disruption as/when she is able. Update will still come tonight as long as I can get my cooking etc done in time :))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:35 pm

(OOC: I assumed a few fellout when you dropped in the doorway back there...)

Amanda looks at the man now complainging he's old. "Oh...f***...that's why everything looks to damn tall...I'm f*** short"

She will follow the rest of the group to the supposed 'hut'

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Amanda, Ryush, Timothy, Rene:

Inside the Tavern:

When several people fall over all at once, the barkeep looks up from wiping mugs with a frown. He seems to consider getting up and helping, but since people start moving of their own accord again quite quickly, he thinks better of it, and stays firmly parked on his barstool, wiping mugs. He continues frowning and watching out of the corner of his eye.

There is only one other patron present in the tavern, as many of the locals have packed up and made their way back to their homes or jobs - time waits for no-one, even on the Equinox, and stuff must be done. The one who is there is rather drunk, and was startled enough by the thunder and several subsequent fallings-over that he promptly fell off his own chair, and spent several seconds loudly stamping his way back to his feet, cursing under his breath and wiping dregs of beer from his beard. "Bloody made me jump..." he grumbles to himself as he gets re-situated.

While the barkeep was content to mind his own business at first, he couldn't help overhearing the repeated talk of people glowing, and seeing things glowing, and feeling different. He sniffed at a half-empty bottle of wine with sudden suspicion, having drunk a fair bit himself, and resolved to go over and find out whether they'd all had the same drink. But, by the time he looked back up from his bottle, they were all halfway out of the door and dragging the baker with them - he hopped off his stool and hobbled after them, looking out of the open doors in surprise when he reached them, as he saw yet more people keeled over in apparent pain.

Everyone:

Outside the Tavern:

Lance and his dog rest for a moment - although the old hound isn't resting quite as calmly as Lance himself, instead he spends a few seconds nosing around looking for more food in Lance's now-empty hands, and when he doesn't find any, he resorts to snuffling up dropped bits from the floor around his feet.

(Autopilot: Bobby has taken a little longer than the others to recover from the initial pain, but has risen unsteadily to her feet and is taking stock of the situation, looking around and trying to get her bearings.)

The inside group emerge, half-carrying Ryush until he finds his feet and walks with them, and plonk themselves down by the well and by Remy, who had just vomited off to the other side of the well.

Luckily for the group, the old barkeep's hearing isn't that great, and while he'd followed them to the doorway, they're ten or fifteen paces away and talking more quietly by the time someone utters the rather damning phrase "...the man I'm possessing"; thusly, he just stands there with his half-empty bottle looking worried and unsure about what to do.

The barkeep's expression of concern clears up slightly as he sees Rafe, that weird herbalist, stand up, compose himself, and point them all in the direction of his home. That answers that - maybe it was a bad batch of wine, maybe it was Saint Anthony's Fire from the rich rye breads, or maybe it was something funky in the nosy old bugger's honey... but whatever it was, that creepy fellow was already on the case. One of Rafe's nasty tasting teas would purge them of the excess alcohol or whatever contamination that gave them the sickness and hallucinations, and no-one would be pointing fingers at the tavern for making people ill. The barkeep nodded to himself, turned on his heel, and went back inside - after surreptitiously tipping the rest of his bottle onto the ground.

Equally luckily for the group, Rafe's sudden need to vomit had caused the few remaining people milling around in the street to back up out of hearing range too, so no-one else overheard the discussion about body swaps and new names either...

Timothy speaks briefly to Bobby and to Lance, urging them to go with the group to "Rafe's House" at Remy's direction. (Autopilot: Bobby agrees to go, although she doesn't say much, just nods and follows along, keeping an eye on her surroundings and the other people.)

When Lance speaks to the dog and gets his full attention for the first time, the old mutt backs up in shock, clearly aware of some essential difference in his master. He barks loudly once, then growls all the way through the rest of Lance's sentence. After a second or two, either scent or tone of voice or something else entirely seem to have reached the dog, though, and convinced him that whatever is different about him is not all that bad, and he sits and waits until Lance stands, and then follows along.

With the visible glowing group all headed off to Rafe's House, Timothy heads in the opposite direction to scout for anyone else like them.

Everyone Except Timothy!

It takes about a minute of brisk walking to reach Rafe's House, which is a fair bit away from the main village and set within a high walled garden.

Rafe's House

Remy opens the gate into the garden - full of delicate herb bushes, odd little flowering plants and cane fruits and the like, most of which are either not in season yet or have been carefully harvested. He then opens the front door, and lets everyone (bar Timothy, who has not yet arrived) inside. Rafe's house is as large as the main room of the tavern, but split into several sections by woven straw and wood screens - one section is probably a sleeping area, as the corner of a bed can be seen poking out of it. Another is a storage area cum larder, behind another screen. The central area, in which everyone is standing, is clearly a working space. Tools and supplies are neatly set out on a large stone and wooden bench/worktop, and well-made wooden shelves attached to the wall above the bench are similarly stocked. A large book-shaped item held closed with metal screw clamps is most notable among the jars and pots and bags and twine. Rafe clearly did not receive too many visitors at one time, as he had little by way of "spare" furniture - however, aside from a tall stool in front of his workbench, he had a trio of chairs, one alone and a pair opposite, arranged around a low miniature table, which was off to one side of the door and pre-set with two mugs and a pitcher, laid out in a manner that almost suggests a 'consultation area'.

--

Timothy:

► Show Spoiler
Timothy slips between huts and larger houses, keeping an eye out for the by-now telltale glow that would indicate another person in a similar situation to his own. He sees no-one that fits the bill, however there are several men working in individual garden plots at the back of their houses. The men all seem a little worse for wear, and are just out there plucking out the odd weed, poking at stuff with a rake, or distributing water with a watering can. They are working because it must be done now, having had the morning off, but they're all tired and full of delicious pastries and wine and the sun is high in the sky. He circles back around and, when he's sure no-one is looking, pops over the bridge towards the cattle farm. He only takes a cursory look past the building, as it is rather busier over there - he sees plenty of folks moving around, but none with a golden glow, so he calls it quits and follows the directions he was given, soon arriving at Rafe's house - the only one with a walled garden. He slips through the garden gate and knocks on the door, only two or three minutes after the rest had arrived.

--

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Amanda looks about and then at the others, including the dog. "Well...this is...nice...I'm...Eagle Feath...no wait...it is

She ponders for a moment...Amanda

"Amanda though I feel like this body is stamped with some other name..."

She sighs points to a chair, "Do you mind if I sit down?" She asks the hut owner.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:18 pm

When the dog reacts to Lance's voice, he sighs, "Something strange going on? I don't understand what's going on, either. We'll work that out together, right?"

Seeing introductions are happening, Lance struggles to speak up, shuffling his feet uncomfortably, "... L- Loup? Lance? I... I'm Lance, but right now I guess I'm meant to be Loup? What's this talk of bodies?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Upon walking in Tim gets right to the point, "Does any know what just happened to us? Not just a guess, but actually know? Or know of someone who might know? I'm getting weird memories from this person I'm now a part of. I'm trying to sort through them, looking for someone, a scholar perhaps who might have some idea. But its all a haze, but there may be something in here. Wow, its weird to talk about my own mind like this."

ooc: so would Tim (or anyone else) have memory of such a place. Perhaps a vague recollection of where there might be in institution which might have record of such things or knowledgeable individuals. An academy perhaps?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:14 pm

"Please, come in and find a seat where you can." He glances around the hut, everything seeming vaguely familiar although he was certain he was looking at everything for the first time. "Sorry, dis clearly is not de best for many guests, but at least it be private. Let me see if I can find somethin' to take de edge off our headaches."

He seemed to have recollection of herbs and basic properties, and knows that some could aid in the alleviation of powerful headaches. Camomile, feverfew, skullcap. Steep for 5-10 minutes. Extra herbs for stronger flavour, not longer steeping. He stands still and lets himself get a feel of the area, giving in to robotic movements of his hands and feet as memories he isn't sure are his guide him to areas where some supplies are kept. Failing to find anything that he knows can help, he will take a small pruning knife and head out to the garden to see if he can find anything of use that is harvestable. Should he find any suitable herbs for a tea he will use a strainer, or small linen square to make a pouch of herbs to steep in some hot water for some tea, which when ready he will pour into the two mugs to pass around.

While looking for herbs or preparing tea, he contemplates their situation. "I have no idea of wha' may have happened, but I have de feelin' dat we are spirits possessin' a body. I don' recall why, but I feel like I have a familiarity with dis type of situation - spirits and possession an' de like. Maybe we all died? Wait, lets look at de tings we do know. We all glow, and we can all see de glow. We don' really recognise our bodies, an' our minds all feel out o' place. I certainly can remember other tings though, like knowin' dis hut were here, knowing dese herbs. We don' remember much of who we was apart from a name. Listen to my accen', y'all sound differen' to me, an' I have no clue as to where I come from. But I know it's not here, an' I tink that goes for all of us. I can tink of no other ting than we be spirits of de dead, reincarnated. Dear spirits, that sounds so far-fetched an' yet..." Remy trails off, still struggling to comprehend the reality of what has happened.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:42 pm

"What? Dead?! That can't be right. I was using all the proper safety equipment, I cushioned the fall, the worst that should have happened was a few broken ribs. I can't be dead."
My game:

My characters: