Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:56 am

Amanda shakes her head, "Well if you don't mind ruining your healer reputation that works better...though you need to think of what herb we ate that caused it...And right now I'm trying to sort out my childhood memories from this woman's life. Apparently she didn't do much more than ride horses and look at cows and go drink at the tavern." She takes a cup of tea and sips at it. "Maybe the lord of the manor? My memories of him seem to be that he's traveled far more than most here..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:01 am

"What good is a reputation here if he doesn't return? ... Where is this manor, anyway? I don't remember it even existing, just the village, the farm, and the stables."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:09 am

Dlover wrote:"What good is a reputation here if he doesn't return? ... Where is this manor, anyway? I don't remember it even existing, just the village, the farm, and the stables."
The farm, it is a bit like a manor in most respects anyway...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:57 am

"I suppose it is quite a bit larger than the other buildings around here, and it's rather central to the village's existence."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Hallucinations, memory loss, incoherence, abnormal thirst, hypothermia, coma, death.

"Well jimson weed certainly fits, although I am strugglin' to recall its local name here. Somehow I be gettin' two lots of memories mashed together; I tink my old self had regular usage of de jimson weed, though I don't recollec' why, and dese other memories be tellin' me that jimson weed can lead to bizarre behaviours, such as inability to speak and memory loss, which easily could explain our curren' abnormalities. We can either say I was experimentin' with it, or one of you out-of-towners came peddlin' it as a bit of fun and if it be foreign here, we need to go search for exper' advice for an antidote or treatment."

Remy furrows his brow and scratches his forehead, trying to clutch the local name for jimson weed and its distribution and recognition in this area.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:43 am

"Do any of you have any artistic ability? Maybe you could try drawing a general map of the area based on our collective memories? I'm willing to try... Ryan dabbled, though I don't think Rush did much drawing."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:25 am

Remy:
► Show Spoiler
Remy is confident that Rafe knew the plant, based on the negative side effects he had been considering, along with his own vague memories of the appearance of the leaves and flowers. He can't think of another name for it - perhaps the name is the same here? It seems like something a herbalist would be aware of, but there's no sudden flash of recollection like there was last time he tried to think about plants, just a few moments ago.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:30 pm

"I am happy to contribute what knowledge I can muster of de area and de village, although I don' recall havin' any artistic skills."
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Amanda shrugs, "Well I can try...I remember drawing a lot...in front of what looks like a temple, back in my original world...Anyone have something to draw with and some material to draw on? Like Charcoal perhaps and some paper or a light colored slab of wood...or maybe some birch bark?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 pm

(Alright, Group Twobies, no-one's really posted "an action" in amongst the talk and planning, but there's been enough talk of 'sharing memories' that I'm going to take that as the whole group's actual intent unless I hear otherwise by the time I'm next available to do an update, which will be after work on Friday, or possibly on Saturday if I'm tired.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:22 pm

"Ra...emy... do you have any parchment or the like about? Seems you must have something from your studies of herbs... Abe...anda here is willing to give a crude map a try, and I'm willing as well, just lacking in proper supplies at the moment. I don't think I've got anything of the sort back at Rush's house."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:06 pm

nikohl wrote:(Alright, Group Twobies, no-one's really posted "an action" in amongst the talk and planning, but there's been enough talk of 'sharing memories' that I'm going to take that as the whole group's actual intent unless I hear otherwise by the time I'm next available to do an update, which will be after work on Friday, or possibly on Saturday if I'm tired.)
ooc: Yeah I sorta want to go steal supplies. Unfortunately we have a goodie-two-shoes in our group with 2 thieves making it hard to get the group in on it (I the the feeling there's going to be a lot of PC conflict). Was hoping to coordinate it with gathers when she gets back but she's not back yet hence no action. But since she still isn't back yet, I'll go off on my own.

Tim will go off on his own. "I'm going to go back to the festival. I'm from out of town so a change in behavior won't be noticed and it will probably be best to get info off of people while they're caught up in the festivities and drunk." He will then rejoin the festival. He will stay in the shadows, not acting suspicious if seen but not drawing attention to himself either (social stealth) looking for a good mark who is good and drunk who he might ply for information. Or perhaps someone who is passed out drunk who he might be able to relieve of something useful (such as a dagger off of a local militia). He won't go for any marks who are part of a large group.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:51 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:04 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:ooc: Yeah I sorta want to go steal supplies. Unfortunately we have a goodie-two-shoes in our group with 2 thieves making it hard to get the group in on it (I the the feeling there's going to be a lot of PC conflict). Was hoping to coordinate it with gathers when she gets back but she's not back yet hence no action. But since she still isn't back yet, I'll go off on my own.
(( OOC I am okay with you stealing stuff since you are playing a rogue type char and all, but IC I'm on Lance's side. I'm pretty sure that between all of us we will already have enough supplies or money to buy them, so there is no need to rob these villagers of their hard earned possessions. Also if you get caught, it draws unwanted attention.))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:08 pm

ooc; Amanda's only IC concern will be...did what you steal have any value for the project...She is turning out to be a very focused character...that or its me who's showing through...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:00 pm

► Show Spoiler
ooc: yeah I'm not going take a risk to steal a mere copper piece. If I took a major risk it would be for something big (like horses from the stable). However, at the festival people are drunk and merry and distracted. So if I see a guard passed out with the keys to the armory on his belt, that is something with potentially good gains and little risk. Though from the description I'm not sure this place would have an armory or at least not a significant one. The point is I'll only go for it if Nikhol presents me with a decent target.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:19 pm

"I didn' see any charcoal or paper in my hunt for herbs, I'll have another look an' see if we have somethin' to write wid."

Remy can't find any writing tools on his person, so racks his brain and rummages through his workbench hoping to recall or to locate something suitable.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:43 am

(Chuck: pick a rough target please, or at least a direction. You won't be able to do the whole village in one turn. Say where you're headed and I'll do the rest :))

Remy doesn't recall Rafe having a stash of ink or charcoal, paper or vellum etc - maybe he made or bought it as he needed it? He might be able to scrounge up something suitable from the fireplace and the table's surface is a pale wood, if they want to doodle in a non-portable way...

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:33 am

Wherever the festival seems thickest, probably around the tavern.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:20 am

"A tabletop map doesn't seem all that useful. While you lot get rest up, I'm gonna head back to my... Rush's place and see what I can find there, and get ready for when we do leave. Let me know when you're ready."

Ryush tells them how to find his place, then makes sure to gather his sack of carrots and sets off for home.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:24 pm

After several minutes of discussion of what they could do, the group is broken up by Timothy heading out to blend back in with the tail end of the party and do a little reconnaissance, although no plans are particularly made for when or if he will meet up with the others again, and shortly after by Ryush standing to go home and giving everyone else directions to his little bakery.

Ryush:

Ryush makes it home unbothered - there are a few people moving around but no-one pays him any mind, as he's doing what appears to be "Rush's usual thing". He finds the old mule lying in the shade outside his house, in a shelter that looks to be her usual outdoor sleeping area, next to a half-full trough of water and a nice pile of hay. She brays as he approaches, clearly aware that he has delicious carrots.

Inside is very much like the few memories of Rush's he could access told him it would be - a large but spartan house purpose-built around a central millstone with handles that the mule could help him turn, and a large oven-and-chimney in the far wall, with the majority of the internal space dedicated almost entirely to work - benches and shelves and storage and such - and only a small area off to one side behind a movable wicker screen which was used for sleep and to keep his few personal belongings.

--

Timothy:
► Show Spoiler
"Tuane", being a stranger to the hamlet, would normally draw more attention than "Rush" - but Timothy is taking care to be slightly more stealthy than the other man. When he left he saw the barkeep hurrying up to Rafe's hut, and ducked behind a tree, although it didn't actually seem as though the old fellow was looking at anything other than the house he was headed to. Now that Timothy knew the tavern was likely less-attended than usual, he chose to head back in that direction. There was no-one else on the street between Rafe's hut and the tavern, as the festivities had already been drawing to a close by the time the group had "arrived" in their new bodies; he found it easy to make his way back to the tavern he had awoken in unnoticed.

Timothy is now outside the tavern. This part of the street looks empty, although from his scout-out of the area slightly earlier in the day, he knows there are probably people in their gardens and homes nearby. He can see in the distance that folks are working at the ranch across the bridge, but the people and animals are just dots in the fields beyond.

From here, Tavern-based options are: Inside (where he awoke), Out Back (where Lance/Loup indicated he worked, but where no-one's yet been), Upstairs (where Timothy knows Tuane was renting a room, but where no-one has yet been), and the Cellar (where no-one has yet been). Getting to Upstairs is via Inside; the Cellar is accessible from an outside door.

(Chuck: You are now in sort-of "combat time" - there's no combat (right now... o:)), but I need actions from you to determine where you're going for a little while, and I'll tell you what you see, and you tell me what you do, and so on. Once you reach an area and decide to "do something" there, like searching for stuff to nick, or picking up your own gear and heading back, or whatever, you'll drop back into normal time and that will be your action for the rest of the turn.)

--

Everyone Else:

A few moments after the two men leave, there is a loud knock at Rafe's front door, and a vaguely-familiar, gruff but worried sounding voice calls out. "Halloo in there! Is everyone alright? It wasn't the wine, was it?" Lance and Amanda immediately recognise that it is the barkeep's voice, and everyone else catches on after a second or two given the context of his question. He is waiting outside, politely impatient - they can hear him shuffling around uncomfortably.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Amanda looks at Rafe, Well now is as good a time as any to start weaving our excuse...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:11 am

Knowing the Tavern is unattended, Tim thinks it would be a good time to check out the cellar. He will make his way over to the door inconspicuously as possible. If the area is clear he will enter and see what goodies lie below.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:24 am

Ryush drops the sack of carrots on a workbench, and opening it, draws out two of them before heading outside. He approaches the old mule, racking his memory to see if he can recall her name. He extends a carrot to her slowly, a bit apprehensive that she'll realize that he doesn't belong in her master's body. He'll try to keep her calm and establish a rapport with her. If she accepts the first carrot, he'll offer the second when she's finished, and attempt to scratch her between the ears.

"Steady now, that's a good girl. Steady, steady..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:47 am

Timothy
► Show Spoiler
The cellar door is heavy but well-oiled as it sees regular use; it swings open (outwards) quietly and with ease. A steep flight of stairs leads down into the chilly stone-lined storage area below the tavern - the bright midday sun illuminates the staircase itself and a few feet of floor space as well. He can see a few barrels at the bottom of the steps, and when he leans in and squints he can make out the far walls in the low residual light that spills in from the doorway. The cellar is outfitted with shelving and racks, many of which appear to be well stocked. There is no-one in there, which is as was expected and also fairly handy. However, if he shuts the door behind him for stealth purposes it will be pitch black down there, and even if he risks it and leaves the door open it will be quite dim beyond the first few feet inside. He is careful to check around before and after he opens the door; he is still pretty sure no-one is watching him from inside any nearby houses, and no-one has entered the street.

--

Ryush
► Show Spoiler
The mule does indeed seem confused at first, her normally alert ears flattening against her head and her eyes widening in alarm. She tenses as he approaches, but doesn't stand or try to run away even though she is not tethered in place. She seems much more 'timidly worried' than Loup's dog had been when he realised he was dealing with Lance rather than Loup - the mutt had been initially shocked and aggressive, but this little old lady is just sad and scared. After a few moments of Ryush just sitting with her and talking, her demeanor changes and she visibly brightens. It may be because he bribed her with carrots, or just because he cared enough to try and win her over at all; she might be too laid back, too dumb or too old to remember to be upset for very long, or possibly she came to the conclusion that there was enough of her old master still present to satisfy her - but whatever it is that changed her mind, she soon accepts his head-scritches and his offering of tasty treats with a quiet nickering noise, apparently content with the new status quo.