Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Potential: Group Two Game Thread

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:47 am

Dlover wrote:"What? Dead?! That can't be right. I was using all the proper safety equipment, I cushioned the fall, the worst that should have happened was a few broken ribs. I can't be dead."
Amanda yips, "F***...All I get when I hear proper safety equipment is a head full of pain...If you can remember the last thing Lance was doing before here...spill because all I've got is...pain..." she growls out.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:04 am

"W-what I was doing? Or what Loup was doing? I mean... I'm lance. This," he gestures at his body, "Is Loup. Who... I guess I am now? But, uh... I fell off a horse. Something broke, and I passed out. Loup was... Eating, I think? ... Please don't yell at me."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:20 am

Dlover wrote:"W-what I was doing? Or what Loup was doing? I mean... I'm lance. This," he gestures at his body, "Is Loup. Who... I guess I am now? But, uh... I fell off a horse. Something broke, and I passed out. Loup was... Eating, I think? ... Please don't yell at me."
I'm not yelling at you...I'm trying to hold a conversation that seems to cause my swiss cheese brain to deliver Grade A pain...*F****...like that...So Lance fell off a horse...Where did he fall off a horse? Why was Lance on the horse? And what did you have beyond a saddle and a saddle blanket for equipment? she continues...
(OOC: Growling is less yelling more gravely and pissed off...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 am

Remy looks up. "I recall a little too much Jimson Weed and then leavin' my body behind. No idea where. So it still sounds like we dead, mon ami." He startles at the foreign term, before adding "E'ryone else have a bad event? If dat be de case for e'ryone, then it be we in purgatory, or gettin' our secon' chances."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:02 am

"I- I was at a riding lesson. In... In... I don't know where. B-but I was wearing... There was a helmet, and tall boots, and some sort of chest armour. I don't know what it was like exactly."
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:47 am

Amanda replied, "Armor? Helmets? that sounds more like soldiering, not normal riding...I can tell ya I never used such stuff to learn to ride...back in...*F***...anyway. And soldiers aren't know for being in a safe profession. Anyone else remember possibly dying before...being here? She shrugs...my Amanda memories are like small bits of scattered rope flying in a whirlwind...so I have no clues"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:54 am

"I-I'm not a... Okay." Realising he has a chance to escape the attention of others, Lance swallows the words and shuffles back slightly, resting a hand on the dog's head.
My game:

My characters:

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:12 am

Synch wrote:Remy looks up. "I recall a little too much Jimson Weed and then leavin' my body behind. No idea where. So it still sounds like we dead, mon ami." He startles at the foreign term, before adding "E'ryone else have a bad event? If dat be de case for e'ryone, then it be we in purgatory, or gettin' our secon' chances."
"I was at home, taking a nap. So no, we're probably not dead.

As for finding someone who knows what the hell happened, I might be able to help with that. What little I've found out about my host so far, he had a vast amount of knowledge. I can't quite see all of it, but maybe he knew something about a scholar or academy somewhere around here. But for now I still need to untangle this mess that are my memories right now."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:00 am

Amanda leans back with her eyes closed. And men haven't been found dead when just taking a nap?...But I agree the trend is towards unconsciousness not the end of our lives...And I'm actually thrilled by this idea of a scholar we can ask.
Last edited by Quarg on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:46 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote: ooc: so would Tim (or anyone else) have memory of such a place. Perhaps a vague recollection of where there might be in institution which might have record of such things or knowledgeable individuals. An academy perhaps?
(No, Tuane's memories don't feature a place like that. You know what I've told you. Rickard's memories feature a strong desire to go to places with more books, but as to where one of those is... :shrug: o:) )

--

Remy
► Show Spoiler
Remy looks around Rafe's workshop area, and out of his window into the main garden, for ingredients he recognises that could be good for a headache tea. He can't find any dried skullcap inside, nor see it out there - a memory of an old thought emerges that Remy recognises is not his own, as he ponders the plant - 'skullcap would do wonders for the folk of Coran Pass, and my purse, if only I could get it to grow - I doubt I'd never have any in stock' - while he's looking out of the window, though, he does spot the feathery foliage of a sprawling bush of (another jolt of memory) 'Bachelor's Buttons' - the feverfew he had also hoped to find. It is not in flower, so he had almost missed recognising it, but the leaves are the part he needs. They can be chewed whole and raw, to save on effort, or pounded and steeped for a mildly bitter, astringent tea. Two leaves each will be plenty, by his estimation.

As he reaches for a pruning knife to get some feverfew leaves, his eyes also alight on the few prepared items Rafe had not yet sold, each stationed above a hand-written vellum label on the shelves. Beside a single bag of "tea against a cold" and a "poultice for wasp stings", he sees "infusion for a woman in labour" - the tiny glass vial stands out to his eye, and he has a brief flash image of soaking leaves and flowers in strong-smelling alcohol and leaving them on a sunny window. He knows innately that it is a potent tincture of chamomile and raspberry leaf, which had sat unsold on the shelf for quite some time as there had been no recent births in the village, and that the concoction will encourage contractions and ease labour pains if used for its labelled intent, but can also be used to cleanse the blood and calm the mind.

He can reach the feverfew from inside, as it's under the window, and thusly does - he leans out, clipping a clump of the plant that had grown tall enough to be reached easily and had plenty of frilly leaves, before shutting the wooden slatted window behind him. Remy now has a stalk of feverfew.

--

(OOC: I'll leave it to you if/how Remy chooses to dish out "his" herbal stuff; he can just hand out leaves and drops of tincture, or he can make drinks. Making tea won't take a roll if you choose to do that, as it's just leaf+water+drops, which he already rolled to find and not accidentally mis-recognise, and it's not multi-stage craft that could go wrong - though Rafe's fireplace is not lit...)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:59 am

Ryush had silently observed the others, his head still pounding. As it subsides to a dull ache, he strokes his braided beard and joins in the conversation. "I'm Ryan... and Rush... Ryush? I'm not really comfortable here in town... I feel like I, Rush knew this town and its people, but wasn't really a part of it... even before whatever happened to me... him. With everything else going on... Rush, the body, has a hut not too far distant... and... oh, I forgot about my ass! I suppose I probably left my ass at the tavern? I'd really like to get out of here... something has obviously happened to the seven of us, and the people we are now residing in... but with none of the others in the town affected, it may be hard to pass ourselves off as 'normal'. We have both more and less memories than our... hosts, and something we say or do is going to make that apparent. I think we ought to stick together, but that we ought to leave this town and go somewhere that our faces are not known, and any atypical behavior would not be noticed."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:08 pm

nikohl wrote:(No, Tuane's memories don't feature a place like that. You know what I've told you. Rickard's memories feature a strong desire to go to places with more books, but as to where one of those is... :shrug: o:) )
Drats. Well, worth a shot.
spiderwrangler wrote:I think we ought to stick together, but that we ought to leave this town and go somewhere that our faces are not known, and any atypical behavior would not be noticed."
"I don't think we're dead. I was not in any dangerous situation before I was sent here. And I too think we should leave this town. Yes, because your sudden changes my warrant notice. But also because we should find someone who knows more. Some of you might own property here. We should consider try to sell it. Use that money to gain horses, or perhaps a pack mule. Maybe even a wagon if we could get one. I don't know how to ride but I think I could figure it out. I think the question isn'y whether we should leave town, but rather where we should go. I think we need to find out more about what happened to us. So we need to go where we can find out more. Try as I might I can't think of any place where we might learn it though. I don't know if its because he... or I... I hate not know how to describe... us... Regardless as I was trying to say, I don't know if its because I didn't know of a place or its lost in this damn haze. I'm afraid though if we ask for directions to such a place, we may arouse more suspicion if its common knowledge. It should be one of us who isn't from here. Though I'm not sure who to talk to. Maybe the innkeeper? He probably gets asked that sort of question commonly. I was also supposed to talk to a woman named Bobby about something. I think that's why he... or I came here. She might be willing to assist us. Though this change in purpose might not do. Does anyone else have any suggestions as to where to go or who to ask?"
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:53 pm

GM Input
► Show Spoiler
Everyone but Lance notices B.J's eyes widen as Timothy talks about meeting someone called Bobby. She looks up at the ceiling, hoping that the conversation will move on - but no, they all noticed. Except for Lance, who was probably looking at his dog. She clears her throat and speaks up. "That's my...well, her... this woman's name. But I don't feel like I know you at all, nor that body you're in - none of you, in actual fact - and I don't know anything about a meeting. If "Bobby" knew you were coming, or met you already, I can't recall it. So that's another dead end already."

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:23 pm

ooc: yeah I didn't want to bring it up till gather's was back. Unfortunately it fit where I was taking the conversation.

"Ok, well that's one less possible lead, but at least I don't have to search for you."
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:41 pm

► Show Spoiler
"I don' tink it be wise if we all just up and left. Surely we would be even more conspicuous if a bunch of de villagers just suddenly informed e'vryone dat they be leavin'? Sellin' up property and so on? I have a recollection' dat dis body be de village apothecary wit' all dese herbs and potions, and so while I want to find out what be goin' on, I tink it be too suspicious if I just pack up an' leave. Maybe dose dat feel they lived here try to keep up appearances, dose dat feel dey were passin' through can try an' find some answers for the res' of us. Dat's my thoughts on de matter, mon ami."
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:50 pm

It is rather a fiddle, as if his hands know what to do but his brain doesn't, or possibly vice versa, but after a short while, Remy lights the fire - the tools for doing so are nearby, a striking stick and tinder and so on. He finds a full pitcher in the larder, which he empties in the tea-making process - he will have to see about refilling it or finding where Rafe kept another water storage or collection point if the group gets thirsty again.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Amanda grunts with her eyes closed, "Sorry if I seem unsociable all but every question seems to find more damn pain in my mind. But I have a new question for you all...can any of you remember pecans?..I mean the here you not the true you now...I remember them quite well as I thought of home...and saw rows upon rows of pecan trees. But I get no sense of knowing what they are from my local memories...which consist mainly of the backside of cattle and horses to be honest. If your wondering why I am thinking pecans well lets say I have an idea of how to work us leaving this area with a plausible reason."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:19 pm

"True. It would raise suspicion. But probably more if we didn't. I barely have memories of anyone in this world. If you forgot the names of people you knew, would that not draw attention. What would happen if you changed your daily routine? It may be suspicious to leave, but I doubt anyone here would pursue us. If you wish to stay you can. But do you really want to live this person's life? Could you even live their life? Even if we're stuck here, which may not be so bad, I'd like to live my own life."
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:47 pm

"You are free to stay and try to live the life of a person you never even knew, but I'm going to leave. I don't want to spend the rest of my life in some little backwater village, and from what I've recalled so far the old Rickard didn't want to either. He wanted to go out there and learn all there is to this world, and that is what I intend to do."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:13 pm

"When... part of you was the apothecary, did you talk 'like dat'? If not, staying around to help customers is going to get suspicious fast. "

Ryush is getting anxious... So many unanswered questions, and he wasn't all that comfortable being surrounded by people that were doubly strangers.

He had a craving for quiet and nature, though whether that was from Ryan or Rush, he could not say.
"Do you mind if I step out into the garden for a bit? "
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:54 pm

nikohl wrote:Lance noticing (untrained) 1D20 = [1] = 1
:lol: You want to know something? Every game I play here where there's a roll to observe, my characters have all been completely blind. Every single one. It's to the point where it's just funny to see how long my blind streak will continue, since there are always characters around to see stuff for me.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:07 pm

"When... part of you was the apothecary, did you talk 'like dat'? If not, staying around to help customers is going to get suspicious fast. "

"You all raise a valid poin'. I have no idea if dis body sounded like dis, but it would be very odd if he didn'. And no, I would not wan' to be stuck here as de impersonation of someone else."

"Do you mind if I step out into the garden for a bit? "

"Oh be my gues', I know it's a bit cramped in here."
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:13 pm

"Thank you. I think it might be... soothing. If you wouldn't mind letting me know when the tea is finished?"

Ryush heads out to the back garden, choosing a spot to sit that is far enough that the other's voices are a low murmur, but that they can call to him if needed. He breathes deep and attempts to clear his head of the confusion, focusing on the flight bees visiting a single flower rather than worrying about parsing what is Ryan, what is Rush, and what they ought to do from here.

(OOC: Nikohl, not necessarily attempting to do anything here other than relax and meditate as Rush was wont to do.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:15 am

Amanda sighs, "So are we all agreed that our staying here is not the best course of action? Or does anyone want to stay here still?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 am

Lance speaks up without raising his eyes from the dog, "I-I don't think we should all leave together, it would draw suspicion. Better to leave separately, whether we leave with people knowing or sneaking, and meet out of sight of the village, down the road a ways... I don't think Loupe spoke to many people even if he was well known, so I won't draw too much attention by leaving, especially if I set out with someone who was passing through, and I can think of a reason to leave... D-does everybody have a plan for how they're leaving without creating a fuss?"
My game:

My characters: